Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:11 AM

How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? (5265 Views)

Former Pope Benedict XVI To Be Buried On Jan 5 / Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Late Pastor TB Joshua To Be Buried On July 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by budaatum: 12:18am On Apr 26, 2018
vaxx:
i understand you bro. i only wish her decision can be respected.
But it is respected. Do I have to pay for it too!?

Funny though, we were talking about it this afternoon. A friend of ours died and had asked that his ashes be scattered on a mountain in Scotland. After the family liquidated and shared everything he left behind, they buggered off back to Canada and left his ashes for us his friends to do as we wished. They hardly visited him while he lived and cared not after he died!
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by FeelDeMusic: 1:31am On Apr 26, 2018
budaatum:

Big Bang Theory? That programme with the canned laughter?

I will personally come over where you are and big bang your head!
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by FeelDeMusic: 1:33am On Apr 26, 2018
kevoh:

No mind budaatum jare ! grin Will search for the episode and watch!
Hahaha, I dey laugh sha.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 11:04am On Apr 26, 2018
budaatum:

But it is respected. Do I have to pay for it too!?

Funny though, we were talking about it this afternoon. A friend of ours died and had asked that his ashes be scattered on a mountain in Scotland. After the family liquidated and shared everything he left behind, they buggered off back to Canada and left his ashes for us his friends to do as we wished. They hardly visited him while he lived and cared not after he died!
Not necessary, but you can help her plan it . financially she can start contributing toward it from now on. hopefully you will do as your fiend wishes.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 11:20am On Apr 26, 2018
Muafrika2:

I see
Nigeria has not really gotten to that stage though
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by budaatum: 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
vaxx:
Not necessary, but you can help her plan it . financially she can start contributing toward it from now on. hopefully you will do as your fiend wishes.
Thanks for your opinion vaxx, but I wasn't asking for any as I am able to make my own decisions and so can she. Ma has five children whom I am certain would plan and execute her wishes for her as she would be too dead to need our help. And friend died two years ago, and is burnt and dusted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 3:27pm On Apr 26, 2018
more contribution , do not be scared, lets talk about it. it is unavoidable

1 Like

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
vaxx:
Nigeria has not really gotten to that stage though
Exactly

You're likely to end up in the nearest garbage heap together with all kinds of abominable things. Organ donation is better. At least you relatives will get the rest of the body ...
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2018
Muafrika2:

Exactly

You're likely to end up in the nearest garbage heap together with all kinds of abominable things. Organ donation is better. At least you relatives will get the rest of the body ...
To those who may be in need of it

1 Like

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2018
you need not to fear, lets talk about it, how will you want your remains to be disposed?. ''In the face of our inevitable mortality we can do one of two things. we can attempt to avoid the thought at all costs, clinging to the illusion that we have all the time in the world. Or we can confront this reality, accept and even embrace it, converting our consciousness of death into something positive and active. In adopting such a fearless philosophy, we gain a sense of proportion, become able to separate what is petty from what is truly important. Knowing our days to be numbered, we have a sense of urgency and mission. We can appreciate life all the more for its impermanence. If we can overcome the fear of death, then there is nothing left to fear''. Steve jobs

Moderator, i will like to get more contribution on this topic. mynd44 .seun and the rest.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Daeylar(f): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
@ vaxx
I really don't care sad

I will be gone. Won't feel or know a thing so I really don't care about what is done with my body when I'm gone.

I think anyone who has to mourn my loss should decide that, they are the ones who the whole cremation, burial and the rest will affect,

I already will be gone so won't have an idea of anything.

PS
Don't know about taking your topic to FP though. The trolling and ridiculous comments will be epic.
This forum barely takes anything serious
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
Daeylar:
I really don't care sad

I will be gone. Won't feel or know a thing so I really don't care about what is done with my body when I'm gone.

I think anyone who has to mourn my loss should decide that, they are the ones who the whole cremation, burial and the rest will affect,

@vaxx
brilliant, now that you are alive.what will you wish to happen to your remains,? will you not be happy to still have some part of yourself still living in someone you donate your organs to
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
Daeylar:
@ vaxx
I really don't care sad

PS
Don't know about taking your topic to FP though. The trolling and ridiculous comments will be epic.
This forum barely takes anything serious
so you mean it should be limited
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Daeylar(f): 7:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
vaxx:
so you mean it should be limited

Just wanted to let you know about the trollings and ridiculous comments you will get.

It can go to FP of course.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Daeylar:

Just wanted to let you know about the trollings and ridiculous comments you will get.

It can go to FP of course.
i will not like to witness that, i am interested in insightful contribution.but thanks
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Daeylar(f): 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
vaxx:
brilliant, now that you are alive.what will you wish to happen to your remains,? will you not be happy to still have some part of yourself still living in someone you donate your organs to
Donating my organs if I could would be wonderful.

Then the cremation to diamond business.

But let those who will mourn me choose what's best for them..

1 Like

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
Daeylar:

Donating my organs if I could would be wonderful.

Then the cremation to diamond business.

But let those who will mourn me choose what's best for them..
i suggest the first one, it will be super wonderful. you will be adding value to humanity, what about donating yourself to science or university lab. can you suggest that in your will.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Daeylar(f): 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2018
vaxx:
i suggest the first one, it will be super wonderful. you will be adding value to humanity, what about donating yourself to science or university lab. can you suggest that in your will.

What about you?

What would you like done?

OK I know I said I don't care grin but isssh, I hope bodies donated are treated well?
So the bodies donated how is it done? Immediately after death the body is given to science?
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2018
Daeylar:

What about you?

What would you like done?

OK I know I said I don't care grin but isssh, I hope bodies donated are treated well?
So the bodies donated how is it done? Immediately after death the body is given to science?
honestly you care , atleast for asking this question. have you seen what the thread now aim to derived? You ask two questions at a ago.

1, i will like to donate the transpalantable part of me to whomever may want it, and as for science or university lab, I am somehow not settled but later experience may change it. for now. i do not love rot, desiccation or any fundamentals of decomposition and i wish my remains to be handled in an efficient manner, so the remains after the donor can be cremated, while the dust should be kept in my library for my grandchildren and the one yet unborn.

2, you were asking how is the body managed after giving to science, first it will be good for student of anatomy, you body will be used to learn the fantastic subject.in the laboratory research, your body could be the key to unlocking a puzzle that has bewildered scientist forever, since the beginning of time as we know it. so your remains is on the go to add value to the living. and so many interesting things.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Daeylar(f): 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2018
I think I'm like you. No bodies for science for me. And yeah, you're right. That body for science bothered me a bit cheesy

OK, your plan in number 1 is a good one, no remains in diamonds for you?

As for number, I still don't know. May not do it though.

Will the body be given yo science immediately after death? Like the whole body? No part can be left out?

vaxx:
honestly you care , atleast for asking this question. have you seen what the thread now aim to derived? You ask two questions at a ago.

1, i will like to donate the transpalantable part of me to whomever may want it, and as for science or university lab, I am somehow not settled but later experience may change it. for now. i do not love rot, desiccation or any fundamentals of decomposition and i wish my remains to be handled in an efficient manner, so the remains after the donor can be cremated, while the dust should be kept in my library for my grandchildren and the one yet unborn.

2, you were asking how is the body managed after giving to science, first it will be good for student of anatomy, you body will be used to learn the fantastic subject.in the laboratory research, your body could be the key to unlocking a puzzle that has bewildered scientist forever, since the beginning of time as we know it. so your remains is on the go to add value to the living. and so many interesting things.

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2018
Daeylar:
I think I'm like you. No bodies for science for me. And yeah, you're right. That body for science bothered me a bit cheesy

OK, your plan in number 1 is a good one, no remains in diamonds for you?

As for number, I still don't know. May not do it though.

Will the body be given yo science immediately after death? Like the whole body? No part can be left out?

you can sign up for it before your death, and also for organ and tissue donation. the transplantable organ would benefit others as quick as possible since they are people urgently in need of it. …but for whole body donation, the benefit besides the obvious help to science is that they cremate the body usually for free after the best part of it had be taken or utilized. though there's no guarantee they'll take you - depends on the circumstances of your death. except for the university lab who will be using it for obvious practical. they may even reject it as well. in Germany, Ludwig Maximilian university take it i hear but most people sign up with red cross who will easily tell you what to do.

i do not see the logic in turning my remains into valuable diamond, that is weird and creepy, in fact it might even be idolized. i do not want to innovate another religion. i also do not like the old traditional funeral practice, it is creepy as well,beside am not a fan of decomposition.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Daeylar(f): 9:30pm On Apr 28, 2018
vaxx:
you can sign up for it before your death, and also for organ and tissue donation. the transplantable organ would benefit others as quick as possible since they are people urgently in need of it. …but for whole body donation, the benefit besides the obvious help to science is that they cremate the body usually for free after the best part of it had be taken or utilized . though there's no guarantee they'll take you - depends on the circumstances of your death. except for the university lab who will be using it for obvious practical. they may even reject it as well. in Germany, Ludwig Maximilian university take it i hear but most people sign up with red cross who will easily tell you what to do.

i do not see the logic in turning my remains into valuable diamond, that is weird and creepy, in fact it might even be idolized. i do not want to innovate another religion. i also do not like the old traditional funeral practice, it is creepy as well,beside am not a fan of decomposition.

@bold I don't think so,
It's just another means for your loved ones to have your remains, i think they can worship your ashes even if it wasn't turned to diamonds.

@ cremated bold. So this means they will give it back to loved ones right? The ashes I mean.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2018
Daeylar:

@bold I don't think so,
It's just another means for your loved ones to have your remains, i think they can worship your ashes even if it wasn't turned to diamonds.

@ cremated bold. So this means they will give it back to loved ones right? The ashes I mean.
Well, this is also true, but taking into consideration, how human mind work. it is likely a diamond stone will be idolized instead of ashes. well, i may still be wrong. but i found it more comfortable having my remains in ashes were it can be placed somewhere in my library. so let me just say, i do not want to have my remains used for ornament.

yes on the second questions, the family may request for it or perhaps it can be blown away . depending on what the family want.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Daeylar(f): 11:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
vaxx:
Well, this is also true, but taking into consideration, how human mind work. it is likely a diamond stone will be idolized instead of ashes. well, i may still be wrong. but i found it more comfortable having my remains in ashes were it can be placed somewhere in my library. so let me just say, i do not want to have my remains used for ornament.

yes on the second questions, the family may request for it or perhaps it can be blown away . depending on what the family want.

all right then, acceptable.

Oh this makes it much better now. I initially thought the family won't get anything.

Thanks you've been of help.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 11:54pm On Apr 28, 2018
Daeylar:

all right then, acceptable.

Oh this makes it much better now. I initially thought the family won't get anything.

Thanks you've been of help.
you are welcome
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
so what about u?
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 11:48am On May 31, 2018
Can we continue this thread? What kind of song we you like to be play at your funeral.I am suggesting west life ( you raised me up) or does it sound more Gospel.... What about in loving memory by alter bridge. What is your choice Guy's..... I will also appreciate ajo laye by sunny Ade as a native man

Do not be scared , no one is dying soon. We are just preapearing for inevitable circumstances.

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Heathen777(m): 5:31pm On May 31, 2018
I prefer cryonics thank you smiley
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 7:05pm On May 31, 2018
Heathen777:
I prefer cryonics thank you smiley
eventually, you want to donate your body to scientific research.... Good, your body may unluck the key to that very difficult task . And i guess your body may become scientific breakthrough.

But how will you live or appreciate the world, assuming your body unluck this misery in about 500 years . where your friends and none of your closer family is around. Where the world had move on from where you left it. Where you are seen as an experiment rather than human, where you as a person seems primitive and found the new world a total strange place.

There is a good chance that you' will still see another mind uploading technology in your lifetime. Also nano-medicine, partial rejuvenation therapies, excellent artificial organs, cloned bodies etc.well that depends on your age.

You really want to defeat the inevitable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Heathen777(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2018
vaxx:
eventually, you want to donate your body to scientific research.... Good, your body may unluck the key to that very difficult task . And i guess your body may become scientific breakthrough.

But how will you live or appreciate the world, assuming your body unluck this misery in about 500 years . where your friends and none of your closer family is around. Where the world had move on from where you left it. Where you are seen as an experiment rather than human, where you as a person seems primitive and found the new world a total strange place.

There is a good chance that you' will still see another mind uploading technology in your lifetime. Also nano-medicine, partial rejuvenation therapies, excellent artificial organs, cloned bodies etc.well that depends on your age.

You really want to defeat the inevitable.

If there's a mind uploading tech in my lifetime, I'd happily sign up to that. But I have doubts that would be anytime soon as we aren't even really started anything along that path yet.

I don't believe in an afterlife though, and those people who believe there's one can't even prove or guarantee that. This is really the best shot we have at a second life, even if it's a slight chance it would work turnout would be worth it, we may end up resuscitated in deep the future, where sci-fi meets reality and uploading your mind is a thing. As for some of the ones I may leave behind, I'll have to come to terms with that, , and just move on (I hope I'd be financially capable to bring them along hopefully). I'll meet new people and foster new relationships, form new families.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 10:24pm On May 31, 2018
Heathen777:

If there's a mind uploading tech in my lifetime, I'd happily sign up to that. But I have doubts that would be anytime soon as we aren't even really started anything along that path yet.

I don't believe in an afterlife though, and those people who believe there's one can't even prove or guarantee that. This is really the best shot we have at a second life, even if it's a slight chance it would work turnout would be worth it, we may end up resuscitated in deep the future, where sci-fi meets reality and uploading your mind is a thing. As for some of the ones I may leave behind, I'll have to come to terms with that, , and just move on (I hope I'd be financially capable to bring them along hopefully). I'll meet new people and foster new relationships, form new families.
interesting, according to Wikipedia, it state that Cryonics is regarded with skepticism within the mainstream scientific community and is not part of normal medical practice. It is not known if it will ever be possible to revive a cryopreserved human being. Cryonics depends on beliefs that the cryonics patient has not experienced information-theoretic death. Therefore the idea for now rested on wishful thinking......

But let assumed it is possible, will it not prove reincarnation? It might even explain some yet to be understand phenomenon like what is the really state of death? This is my advice to you if you dear wish on such an interesting journey, you better relocate to Russia or USA, that is the only place where such research is conducted. Only few people are frozen now, you may join them soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Heathen777(m): 11:14pm On May 31, 2018
vaxx:
interesting, according to Wikipedia, it state that Cryonics is regarded with skepticism within the mainstream scientific community and is not part of normal medical practice. It is not known if it will ever be possible to revive a cryopreserved human being. Cryonics depends on beliefs that the cryonics patient has not experienced information-theoretic death. Therefore the idea for now rested on wishful thinking......

But let assumed it is possible, will it not prove reincarnation? It might even explain some yet to be understand phenomenon like what is the really state of death? This is my advice to you if you dear wish on such an interesting journey, you better relocate to Russia or USA, that is the only place where such research is conducted. Only few people are frozen now, you may join them soon.

Yah, I don't consider living here much longer either way... for obvious reasons. If achieved it would be considered a resuscitation and not reincarnation but I can see how they're comparable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? / The Revelation About The End Time And Angel Appearance / Is Tithe For Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.