Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? (5032 Views)

Former Pope Benedict XVI To Be Buried On Jan 5 / Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Late Pastor TB Joshua To Be Buried On July 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 11:05am On Jun 01, 2018
Will you?

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by ScienceWatch: 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
vaxx:
i love this
Yes, beautifully explained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by ScienceWatch: 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2018
vaxx:
I will like to have your views on these major burial practiced, wish one will you prefer?. on what moral ground, environment issues or economic implication can you solidify your reasons for the type of method you assume should be the most preferred choice . below are summary of how this method are carried out.

CREMATION

It is the combustion, vaporization and oxidation of cadavers to basic chemical compounds, such as gases, ashes and mineral fragments retaining the appearance of dry bone. this is use as an alternative to place the dead body in a coffin or casket. though the ashes remains of the dead victim which do not constitute a health risk, may be buried or interred in memorial sites or cemeteries, or they may be retained by relatives and dispersed in various ways. some family too keep it a bottle with the photograph of the victim, it is as an alternative in place of burial or other forms of disposal in funeral practices.

In many countries, cremation is usually done in a crematorium. Some countries, such as India and Nepal, prefer different methods, such as open-fire on the dead victim. No western countries use open fire but they use gas power or electrifying method.

i attached a video of cremation below, please it might not be pleasant to the eyes if you do not have the gut to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJTclbBKxKk

ORGAN DONATION

Organ donation is when a person allows an organ of theirs to be removed, legally, either by consent while the donor is alive or after death with the assent of the next of kin. in this case, lets assume its after death. some says they will donate their entire body to science for the purpose of research and growth . others simply says they will donate the transplantable organ and tissue of their body to those who might be of need and while the rest should be discard in whatever form the family chooses. the process can only be perform by professionals.

full blown body burial
this does not need much introduction. as it is the most common method we are all familiar with, it is normal process of putting the dead body in a coffin and submit it to mother earth. the whole body is buried alongside the casket.

NOTE. some of the definitions used are copy from wikipedia. i await your insightful contribution.
Thanks, the OP touches on important practical life issues that I have been pondering on.

My apologies VAXX, I won't choose any of the methods mentioned above.

Because of the greed and cruelty of humans toward animals, I want to support the well being of lions.
My remains will be served to the lions at one of the National Reserves. To ensure that quality meat will be served to those loving lions, I only eat healthy free range chickens that had a chance to play, make friends and roam freely. I also eat non GMO foods. I exercise regular to build muscle so as to maximise the flavour that lions deserve.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Thanks, the OP touches on important practical life issues that I have been pondering on.

My apologies VAXX, I won't choose any of the methods mentioned above.

Because of the greed and cruelty of humans toward animals, I want to support the well being of lions.
My remains will be served to the lions at one of the National Reserves. To ensure that quality meat will be served to those loving lions, I only eat healthy free range chickens that had a chance to play, make friends and roam freely. I also eat non GMO foods. I exercise regular to build muscle so as to maximise the flavour that lions deserve.
Whaooo, interesting, but why lion? why not python ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by ScienceWatch: 2:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
vaxx:
Whaooo, interesting, but why lion? why not python ?
You ask pertinent questions Sir.
I refuse to support pythons for obvious reasons.

They speak with forked-tongues like many atheists here.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 3:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
ScienceWatch:
You ask pertinent questions Sir.
I refuse to support pythons for obvious reasons.

They speak with forked-tongues like many persons here.
well. that is a u preference... but i recently documentary film on how fish feed on human dead bodies. it was interesting to know they love human eyes. ....u can also consider it sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by ScienceWatch: 4:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
vaxx:
well. that is a u preference... but i recently documentary film on how fish feed on human dead bodies. it was interesting to know they love human eyes. ....u can also consider it sir
Many Thanks for respecting my choice in this difficult matter Sir.

About your amazing suggestion that I consider being buried at sea.
I have considered it, but when the atheist prophet Richard Dawkins preached that atheists were once FISH, I rejected that option.

BUTTERFLYLEO, ANAS09, SONOFTHUNDER, WINNER01, BLOODOFTHELAMB, ISHILOVE, ETC will happily agree that the eyes are the mirror of our spirit. That's the reason they go for the eyes.Lol.

I enjoy your topics VAXX, it is very practical and useful.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Many Thanks for respecting my choice in this difficult matter Sir.

About your amazing suggestion that I consider being buried at sea.
I have considered it, but when the atheist prophet Richard Dawkins preached that atheists were once FISH, I rejected that option.

BUTTERFLYLEO, ANAS09, SONOFTHUNDER, WINNER01, BLOODOFTHELAMB, ISHILOVE, ETC will happily agree that the eyes are the mirror of our spirit. That's the reason they go for the eyes.Lol.

I enjoy your topics VAXX, it is very practical and useful.
funny you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
Who wanner take a ride with me....

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2018
What will you do?

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
You know this dude.... Those of us familiar with the horror film should know .....the zombie boy is dead.... Rest in peace.

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
Good topic.

@Vaxx Budaatum and others

Did you consider the possibility that organisation use your organs to carry out research, but very negative ones?

I understand the idea is to contribute to the betterment of humanity. Still, All of research is not necessarily positive. It is proven and known that there exists organisation's which under a facade of positive minded research actual work with perverse motives. What if your body organs are used in such a venture?

Second, is there any consideration for the after death experience. Could it be that some Form of burial/ disposal of corpse could be advantageous for the after death journey or detrimental to it?
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
LoJ:
Good topic.

@Vaxx budaatum and others

Did you consider the possibility that organisation use your organs to carry out research, but very negative ones?

I understand the idea is to contribute to the betterment of humanity. Still, All of research is not necessarily positive. It is proven and known that there exists organisation's which under a facade of positive minded research actual work with perverse motives. What if your body organs are used in such a venture?
Thanks for the compliment.

In regards to the question ..it contains an assumption... Well, Negative results itself are not disastrous for scientist community , so long as knowledge is gain. But coming to humanity at large .... ethics will become a considerable factor, regarding the country where the research take place. For example in Europe, there is ethical body that gave instruction on how science should be conducted. ""European Codes Eight Principles”. It mostly relates to doing science in a way that is reliable, and not influenced by special interests.

Yes some still go out of the lay down principle to conduct their own research which is opposite to the ethics code. They are the black sheep in the community of the saint. Not quite long, I watch an horror movie called belko experiment. The film illustrate how death trap was set on company staffs just to know how they feels emotionally to loose a co worker and how people panic at the point of death. This are the negative example I can relate to, assuming it is real.

There should be an agreement between the donor and the organisation taking the dead body after the donor dismiss. The body shall be use solely for conducting "" positive sciencetific research""(I,e)in accordance with the ethical organisation that is regulated by law. the donor next of kin should have a copy in case it goes otherwise.

Second, is there any consideration for the after death experience. Could it be that some Form of burial/ disposal of corpse could be advantageous for the after death journey or detrimental to it?
in some part of Africa, some dead body are buried while sitting . To the best of my knowledge, it only happens to royal family among them and it denote a form of respect and royal blood which will be given to the victim in the here after.Likewise some tribe in India burn their wife alongside her dead husband to show loyalty and good wife .hoping the marriage will continue in the here after.( This practise had stoped now) Egyptians also mummify the kings in the hope of attaining royalty in the here after. The body should not be rotten as it will still be needed in the here after.

To some people, there are hopes after death and it is well consider when considering how their dead should be desposed.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2018
Hi there, thank you for the response.
vaxx:
There should be an agreement between the donor and the organisation taking the dead body after the donor dismiss. The body shall be use solely for conducting "" positive sciencetific research""(I,e)in accordance with the ethical organisation that is regulated by law. the donor next of kin should have a copy in case it went otherwise.

Very good strategy. My intent was to show to people that they can actually achieve the opposite of their aims if they are not diligent with the method they choose.

So people willing to help science and research for the benefits of humanity should beware that science is neutral and depends largely on who leads. Your body can be used to test a chemical weapon for the destruction of your very race while you thought it will be put to good use. So it is important to take dispositions such as the one you outlined to make sure that you achieve your aims. I want to believe you can accumulate negative karma even with good intentions because of a lack of dilligence.

vaxx:
in some part of Africa, some dead body are buried while sitting . To the best of my knowledge, it only happens to royal family among them and it denote a form of respect and royal blood which will be given to the victim in the here after.Likewise some tribe in India burn their wife alongside her dead husband to show loyalty and good wife .hoping the marriage will continue in the here after.( This practise had stoped now) Egyptians also mummify the kings in the hope of attaining royalty in the here after. The body should not be rotten as it will still be needed in the here after.

To some people, there are hopes after death and it is well consider when considering how their dead should be desposed.

Once again, I did not ask the question innocently. I am willing to get somewhere.

What happens after death? Does it make a difference to the migrating soul, if the body is burnt 2 hours after death, or 2 months after? What is the relationship between body and soul in general and with respect to death?

If for instance the soul still feels everything the body feels, would you still prefer being cremated? What about the implications on the severing of the silver cord? Etc.

What I simply mean is, the implication of the burial or disposal of body on the soul should be taken into consideration, for those who have some knowledge of the out of body realities.

Cheers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by SKhanmi: 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
LoJ:

What happens after death? Does it make a difference to the migrating soul, if the body is burnt 2 hours after death, or 2 months after?

Cheers
From what I gleaned somewhere, since obviously I've not died before...The body must decompose to a degree before the silver cord can be thin enough for the soul to be set free whereas cremation makes it faster.

You can refer to * Farnese-
A wanderer in the spirit lands*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? / Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. / Biblically Fact About Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.