Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? (5066 Views)

Former Pope Benedict XVI To Be Buried On Jan 5 / Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Late Pastor TB Joshua To Be Buried On July 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2018
budaatum:

I'll have me some of that too please.
hi budaa, so you are going to follow suit. what about submitting the total remains of you underground so as to nourished and served as fertilizer to the soil. your remains too can also benefit humanity thru agriculture or a good delicacy for termites and the rest.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by kevoh(m): 8:10pm On Apr 25, 2018
budaatum:

They convert dead burnt human flesh into beautiful precious diamond? Can they do dogs too, and pigs? Is the 'diamond' worth more than the $3000?

Please send me a link so I can ask them!
1. Yes, they do. Didn't have to make it graphic though with the 'dead burnt human flesh' angry angry cremation sounds way better na. undecided

2. It is basically compressing carbon into diamonds. If they can get the required carbon content from the burnt dog/pig then why not.

3. I will answer this question in reverse. You can pay as high as $16000 for the service. The higher the amount the more the quality of the diamond.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by FeelDeMusic: 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2018
kevoh:

1. Yes, they do. Didn't have to make it graphic though with the 'dead burnt human flesh' angry angry cremation sounds way better na. undecided

2. It is basically compressing carbon into diamonds. If they can get the required carbon content from the burnt dog/pig then why not.

3. I will answer this question in reverse. You can pay as high as $16000 for the service. The higher the amount the more the quality of the diamond.
You're right, I heard about this process once on The Big Bang Theory. It's pretty cool! And yeah no need to be graphic hahahaha.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2018
kevoh:

ii saw a TV advertisement of it .
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by kevoh(m): 8:18pm On Apr 25, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

You're right, I heard about this process once on The Big Bang Theory. It's pretty cool! And yeah no need to be graphic hahahaha.
No mind budaatum jare ! grin Will search for the episode and watch!

1 Like

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by kevoh(m): 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
vaxx:
ii saw a TV advertisement of it .
In 9ja? Thought it was only foreign companies that offered the service.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
kevoh:

In 9ja?
No , GERMANY
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by kevoh(m): 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
vaxx:
No , GERMANY
Ok.. grin
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Dalamama: 8:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
I'll prefer that my useful organs be donated for research or to those that might need them. The rest can be buried or cremated.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2018
Dalamama:
I'll prefer that my useful organs be donated for research or to those that might need them. The rest can be buried or cremated.
insightful and simple.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
nowpresence:
I will love to be cremated and buried under a tree.
whaoo, i missed your comment. why under a tree, that sound very strange, and why not buried the whole remains at once or donate your entire remains to science development.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by nowpresence(f): 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
vaxx:
whaoo, i missed your comment. why under a tree, that sound very strange, and why not buried the whole at once or donate your entire remains to science development.
I just love how still and peaceful a tree is. When the wind is blowing, movement of the tree, birds coming to preach on it, it's beautiful.
the tree can also be a symbol of me when I have left this world just like in the case of a tomb.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
nowpresence:

I just love how still and peaceful a tree is. When the wind is blowing, movement of the tree, birds coming to preach on it, it's beautiful.
the tree can also be a symbol of me when I have left this world just like in the case of a tomb.
i see, i understand that though. but it is your remains, it does not give a dammn if the tree leaves breezes or the bird sings
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by budaatum: 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2018
vaxx:
hi budaa, so you are going to follow suit. what about submitting the total remains of you underground so as to nourished and served as fertilizer to the soil. your remains too can also benefit humanity thru agriculture or a good delicacy for termites and the rest.
I carry a donor card and have done for decades. They are proposing to cancel them where I live and introduce an opt out system instead. If you don't want your bits donated, you have to opt out or you automatically are harvested for whatever is useful after one dies.

While providing food for termites, which themselves serve a very important purpose in their own right, may be a worthy end use of my remains, I am of the opinion that my liver, kidney, heart, eyes and every other bit of me that a use can be found for, would be better utilised in prolonging someone else's life than food for termites. It might help give life to someone else.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2018
budaatum:

I carry a donor card and have done for decades. They are proposing to cancel them where I live and introduce an opt out system instead. If you don't want your bits donated, you have to opt out or you automatically are harvested for whatever is useful after one dies.

While providing food for termites, which themselves serve a very important purpose in their own right, may be a worthy end use of my remains, I am of the opinion that my liver, kidney, heart, eyes and every other bit of me that a use can be found for, would be better utilised in prolonging someone else's life than food for termites. It might help give life to someone else.
interesting, and i am also glad to know you are a donor card carrier. people actually do not have reasons not to donate only excuses. after all the body will be destroy at the long run in the ground, so is it not better to make it useful for the living?
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2018
Cremation is the best. I can't risk my bones being scattered all over the place 20 years after am buried because someone sold the land together with my grave to unknown rascals angry
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
Muafrika2:
Cremation is the best. I can't risk my bones being scattered all over the place 20 years after am buried because someone sold the land together with my grave to unknown rascals angry

what about organ donation? someone might be in need of it. even our educational institute will be glad to have your remains for practicals.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 25, 2018
vaxx:
what about organ donation? someone might be in need of it. even our educational institute will be glad to have your remains for practicals.
Remains for practicals grin

I will haunt anyone who cuts me or takes any part of my body.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2018
Muafrika2:

Remains for practicals grin

I will haunt anyone who cuts me or takes any part of my body.

lol, are you not interested in enhancing scientific development thru research? this is one of the way you can contribute
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by budaatum: 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
vaxx:
interesting, and i am also glad to know you are a donor card carrier. people actually do not have reasons not to donate only excuses. after all the body will be destroy at the long run in the ground, so is it not better to make it useful for the living?
Hmm. I can't make that decision for others o. Some might prefer their remains to be fed to termites. My ma, for instance, wants her remains flown to her hometown, the Orolu Kingdon, as she doesn't want her dead body buried in the cold in London feeding termites. I've told her she better leave enough money for it as I refuse to waste mine.

And my dad, who lived in the Orolu Kingdom wanted to be cremated, but I told him people might say, "buda could not afford to buy cow to bury his father so he cooked his father's dead body and called people to come and eat!". We buried him.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
vaxx:
lol, are you not interested in enhancing scientific development thru research? this is one of the way you can contribute
Not that way though. I don't think my people would even hear it. Its not acceptable. They are people who remove bodies from caskets and examine it to ensure all parts are there. I don't think they'll let me even have the cremation as I would prefer grin
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 10:55pm On Apr 25, 2018
Muafrika2:

Not that way though. I don't think my people would even hear it. Its not acceptable. They are people who remove bodies from caskets and examine it to ensure all parts are there. I don't think they'll let me even want the cremation as I would prefer grin
you may write a will to effect your choice. an attorney will defend you even in your death. so your people cannot rule over your remains unless you do not prepared for it.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by budaatum: 10:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Big Bang Theory? That programme with the canned laughter?

I will personally come over where you are and big bang your head!
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 11:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
budaatum:

Hmm. I can't make that decision for others o. Some might prefer their remains to be fed to termites. My ma, for instance, wants her remains flown to her hometown, the Orolu Kingdon, as she doesn't want her dead body buried in the cold in London feeding termites. I've told her she better leave enough money for it as I refuse to waste mine.

And my dad, who lived in the Orolu Kingdom wanted to be cremated, but I told him people might say, "buda could not afford to buy cow to bury his father so he cooked his father's dead body and called people to come and eat!". We buried him.
hilarious, but you can open a saving account on your mom interest, there is a system here , where you pay a token monthly and when you die, the company finance the general burial if you do not like the church type.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 25, 2018
vaxx:
you may write a will to effect your choice. an attorney will defend you even in your death. so your people cannot rule over your remains unless you do not prepared for it.
Good point cool
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 11:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
Muafrika2:

Good point cool
i believed the dead also have a right
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by budaatum: 11:08pm On Apr 25, 2018
kevoh:

I often wonder why I, buda, is always so stupid. If I could understand that people would believe this sort of stuff, I too would set up business converting dead human flesh into high quality diamonds at a tidy profit at the prices you propose. It's not as if you can check the dna of the diamond and know it came from dead flesh after all.

Carbon content, lol!
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 25, 2018
vaxx:
i believed the dead also have a right

True,

Especially the right to sleep undisturbed. But that does not happen in modern days.

Speaking of which, I wonder how those scientific institutions dispose off the bodies and their parts once they are done. The obviously can't do burials
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by budaatum: 11:14pm On Apr 25, 2018
vaxx:
hilarious, but you can open a saving account on your mom interest, there is a system here , where you pay a token monthly and when you die, the company finance the general burial if you do not like the church type.
Do you know how much it costs to ship a dead body from UK to Nigeria? It's not that I don't have the money though. We come from a family that gives to help others. Can you imagine how much school fees I can use that money to pay for? I tell you, her sentiments about her dead body amuses me. She never brought her children up to be so inconsiderately wasteful.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 11:21pm On Apr 25, 2018
Muafrika2:

True,

Especially the right to sleep undisturbed. But that does not happen in modern days.

Speaking of which, I wonder how those scientific institutions dispose off the bodies and their parts once they are done. The obviously can't do burials
in most cases they are later redirect to museum or at advance level, they are used for what is called bio engineered, for example, bio artificial kidneys that are grown from renal cell lines/renal tissue. or the latest that is currently being researched upon, using skin cell to create embryo, we may soon have artificial baby if it is successful. and so many others interesting research that can add growth to humanity.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by vaxx: 11:23pm On Apr 25, 2018
budaatum:

Do you know how much it costs to ship a dead body from UK to Nigeria? It's not that I don't have the money though. We come from a family that gives to help others. Can you imagine how much school fees I can use that money to pay for? I tell you, her sentiments about her dead body amuses me. She never brought her children up to be so inconsiderately wasteful.
i understand you bro. i only wish her decision can be respected.
Re: How Will You Prefer To Be Buried? by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 26, 2018
vaxx:
in most cases they are later redirect to museum or at advance level, they are used for what is called bio engineered, for example, bio artificial kidneys that are grown from renal cell lines/renal tissue. or the latest that is currently being researched upon, using skin cell to create embryo, we may soon have artificial baby if it is successful. and so many others interesting research that can add growth to humanity.
I see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Anyone Who Rejects The Words Of Jesus On Judgement Day / How Do You Handle Cobweb Attack / Td Jakes An Igbo Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.