Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

Nigeria Youth Project Mourn Over Benue Killing, Knock FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Youth Project Mourn Over Benue Killing, Knock FG (549 Views)

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi 2023 Youth Project's Relief Material (Photo) / Miyetti Allah Apologises To Governor Ortom Over Benue Killings / Northern Governors Beg Ortom Not To Abandon Forum Over Benue Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Youth Project Mourn Over Benue Killing, Knock FG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2018
A pan Nigerian youth group, Nigeria Youth Project, has expressed grief over the recent attack of St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Gwer East Local government area of Benue state that left two Catholic priests and 17 parishioners dead by suspected herdsmen.

The group in a statement signed by Mr Victor Bobai, its National Team Leader, and made available to our medium in Abuja, condoled with the people of Benue state over the tragedy, describing the killing as despicable and nauseating.

The statement reads;

"The despicable killing of parishioners in St. Ignatius Catholic church by suspected herdsmen is nauseating and unfortunate. The killing has shown total collapse of order in Benue state and Nigeria. The Nigeria Youth Project and entire Nigeria Youth condole with Benue people over this tragedy. We strongly condemn it"

"We demand that the Buhari administration cease from playing politics with the lives of Nigerians and take responsibility of securing lives and properties of all Nigerians by holistically see to permanent solution to the continuous genocide going on in Benue state and other parts of the country and bring perpetrators of this dastardly killing to justice"

"This is not the time for politics but the Nigeria Youth Project will continue to stand by its decision for a change in leadership in 2019. Nigeria deserves a leader that is not known for ethnoreligious and divisive style of leadership that has characterized the Buhari administration".

"The position of Alhaji Buba Galadima, a member of APC Board of Trustees that the administration has failed is nothing but the truth. We fully align to it."

"We mourn the death of the unfortunate 17 parishioners and the two priests, we condole with the families of the victims, the community, Christian community and the Catholic church over this unfortunate situation. Our prayers is for the repose of the souls of the victims", the statement concluded.

The Nigeria Youth Project, a renowned pro-Nigrian group has been at the forefront for a better system in Nigeria. The Group only last week unanimously adopted a resolution calling for a former Kaduna state Governor and immediate past National Chairman of opposition Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Ahmed Makarfi to join 2019 Presidential race and passed a vote of no confidence on the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

http://www.primebrains.com.ng/2018/04/nigeria-youth-project-mourn-over-benue.html
Re: Nigeria Youth Project Mourn Over Benue Killing, Knock FG by Drnice: 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2018
Tonye wan follow rebuild Nijaria? Aside the news above, Tonye I smell you are Yoruba. I would love to remind you that an enemy of state, is always an enemy of state.
Hence, from your signature as shown on your NL Surface(let me use that common term).
How would you encourage people to rebuilding Nigeria when you as the initiator bash APC(ruling party) because of your loyality to PDP. Your loyality is for PDP not for Nigerians nor Nigeria at large. Don't take this personal, find words into it & rethink.
Note: I'm Igbo & a Biafran at that.
Re: Nigeria Youth Project Mourn Over Benue Killing, Knock FG by Redoil: 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2018
Very sad. Bubu started the killing from the day shite member were killed
Re: Nigeria Youth Project Mourn Over Benue Killing, Knock FG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2018
Drnice:
Tonye wan follow rebuild Nijaria? Aside the news above, Tonye I smell you are Yoruba. I would love to remind you that an enemy of state, is always an enemy of state.
Hence, from your signature as shown on your NL Surface(let me use that common term).
How would you encourage people to rebuilding Nigeria when you as the initiator bash APC(ruling party) because of your loyality to PDP. Your loyality is for PDP not for Nigerians nor Nigeria at large. Don't take this personal, find words into it & rethink.
My brother, this one wey you wan change my ethnic group so na wa you o...

Meanwhile, my opposition to APC is not due to my affiliation to PDP but due to a deliberate effort to help rebuild Nigeria... Nigeria has my loyalty first and foremost
Re: Nigeria Youth Project Mourn Over Benue Killing, Knock FG by Drnice: 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, this one wey you wan change my ethnic group so na wa you o...

Meanwhile, my opposition to APC is not due to my affiliation to PDP but due to a deliberate effort to help rebuild Nigeria... Nigeria has my loyalty first and foremost
I no wan change ur ethnic group unless you dey hide under the canopy. But first, rebuild PDP before you rebuild ur darling Nigeria. Get it, Biafran State(s) stands! Nigeria or no Nigeria. They may fool you guys but we have outshone them already.
Re: Nigeria Youth Project Mourn Over Benue Killing, Knock FG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
Drnice:
I no wan change ur ethnic group unless you dey hide under the canopy. But first, rebuild PDP before you rebuild ur darling Nigeria. Get it, Biafran State(s) stands! Nigeria or no Nigeria. They may fool you guys but we have outshone them already.
The rebuilding of PDP is on course
Re: Nigeria Youth Project Mourn Over Benue Killing, Knock FG by Onechancearmy(m): 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
Drnice:

The Barcanista I know seems to be either an Ikwerre or Ijaw man. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youth Project Mourn Over Benue Killing, Knock FG by clevvermind(m): 7:28pm On Apr 25, 2018
We need to start defending ourselve against those morons. Defend yourself to the core.
Re: Nigeria Youth Project Mourn Over Benue Killing, Knock FG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2018
Onechancearmy:

The Barcanista I know seems to be either an Ikwerre or Ijaw man. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The latter is correct...

100% Ijaw

(1) (Reply)

Where's Laureata Onochie? / PDP Queries President Buhari’s London ‘technical Stopover’ / Obasanjo Winning It For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.