Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Dino Melaye’s Arrest: God Forbid That The Law Should Rest In Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye’s Arrest: God Forbid That The Law Should Rest In Peace (854 Views)

If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha / Femi Fani-kayode Speaks On Melaye's Arrest & Hospitalization - Nigerians React / Police Releases Statement On Dino Melaye's Arrest. See Details. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye’s Arrest: God Forbid That The Law Should Rest In Peace by Emelcee: 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2018
Barr Okpo Ewa (Watchout Naija)

Help me understand this please.
I suppose it was sometime in February 2018 that the Nigeria Police Force, Kogi State Command allegedly arrested six (6) suspected criminal elements namely;
Kabiru Seidu a.k.a Osama, Nuhu Salisu a.k.a Small, Aliyu Isa, Adams Suleiman, Emmanuel Audu and Musa Mohammed whom they claimed confessed of being sponsored by Senator Dino Melaye to promote insecurity in Kogi State.

Bizarre as it sounded it wasn’t totally unbelievable considering how desperate the said senator had hitherto proven himself to be. So they invited him for police interrogation and investigation which he blatantly refused to honour. Does he have a lawyer? Is the question that kept haunting me. Even more like, If he does, what does the learned wig counsel him? Does he listen?

Then sometime in March the same police announced that the six suspects had escaped!
Now, those of us who almost believed their allegation against Dino began suspecting a foul play. Could it truly be a set up by the state Governor and NPF to put Dino behind bars with unfounded allegations?

Still Senator Dino refused to honour police invitation and court summon to the extent that the police threatened to declared the senator wanted! Again, we ordinary Nigerians began to wonder if this is actually how they treat all their suspects, especially common Nigerians. Why would the police beg a senator to appear for questioning?
But ultimately why would a lawmaker not obey the law of the land no matter what his doubts are? If we all decide to disregard the law based on our doubts and sentiments does he think there would be a Nigeria for him to be a senator in the first place?

Then this April, Senator was finally arrested at the International airport Abuja on his way to Morocco and instead of simply complying with the officers of the security agency our dear senator resisted arrest! Instead of calling his lawyer he busied himself with tweets of his arrest.

As if all the drama wasn’t enough a whole senator of the federal republic of the giant of africa jumped out of a vehicle transporting him to court in Kogi State from Abuja! What brazen stupidity!
Another attempt to resist arrest and elope from
police custody. I do hope he’s taking note of the count charges so far.

Now, he’s hospitalized in custody manacles like a runaway slave in yesteryears British colony.
This is not as dramatic as it is. It doesn’t deserve the sentiments that some Nigerians are displaying in his favour . What is wrong is wrong! The law must take it’s full and due course. How many of us praising him would do what he did as ordinary Nigerians? Common police invitation a senator cannot honour? Even a court summons too? If he’s so innocent then why is he running, jumping, flying and dying pretentiously to avoid the police and courts?

I ask again, I hope Dino and company are taking not of the counts so far because if I were the attorney general I’d add attempted suicide! After all, a man that jumps out of a moving police vehicle transporting him from abuja to lokoja cannot reasonably think he’d possibly bounce on the tar and start walking.
What shall we tell the little ones now? As an adult I don’t even understand what’s happening here how much more our non ages?
God forbid that the law should Rest In Peace.

Read More Here...
Dino Melaye's Arrest: God forbid that the law should Rest In Peace http://akwaibomdaily.com.ng/dino-melayes-arrest-god-forbid-that-the-law-should-rest-in-peace/

(1) (Reply)

Senator Shehu Sani Shares Photos Of Himself In Abia And Kirikiri Prisons / Please Tell Sowore To Wait, I'm Having A Rethink On PMB. / Nasarwa Monarch Cedes Tiv Farmland To Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.