Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (998186 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cerezo: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
ploff:
i just got WES HST money!!! grin

I need some clarification wrt this. I got the following mail from wes about refund "This is to inform you the refund was issued on April 6, 2016. The cheque number is ####. Please check your postal service for further assistance".

No show till date, I dont understand why they cant just credit my account jeje abi which one be cheque and postal service. My brother am i missing something
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by onyinyechika08: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
smileymum:
Whew! Part 4. God is good. I have been AWOL. happytbaby I see you cheesy

My people, concerning this post, I looked through the website and saw the info in italics below:

Can this count towards 2 or more certs with BSc? Considering that it is just 3 months duration Person wey I know dey find additional certs upandan.

cc: @glitteringstar @happytbaby @newmum0615 @everyone

[i]HRDC PROGRAMMES CONTENT
Faculty Engineering
DepartmentCivil Engineering
Programme TitleAdvanced Certificate in Project Management
Course Duration 3 months
Lecture HoursMonths – Saturday (8.00am – 12.00Noon)

According to them all courses are 9months which comprises of 2 semesters and project at the end. Some have started while some are about to start. You can visit unilag for more enquiries. Guess the site as not been updated recently.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
cerezo:

I need some clarification wrt this. I got the following mail from wes about refund "This is to inform you the refund was issued on April 6, 2016. The cheque number is ####. Please check your postal service for further assistance".

No show till date, I dont understand why they cant just credit my account jeje abi which one be cheque and postal service. My brother am i missing something
I got the cheque part and still had my refunds in my account that I used the debit card linked to it to pay but not the postal service. Check ur account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by JesusBabyyy: 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Wow Congratulations!!![quote author=niobe77 post=67065623]***Dances in with legbegbe and collects mic***

It's PPR!
]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
I see you too! I doubt it my Dear.

smileymum:
Whew! Part 4. God is good. I have been AWOL. happytbaby I see you cheesy

My people, concerning this post, I looked through the website and saw the info in italics below:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tolfa(m): 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
juicebox:
Please guys, which of the hospitals in Lagos does medicals on Saturdays. Planning on doing my medicals tomorrow?
Q-life does.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
tolfa:
Q-life does.....

Can any share their experience with Q-life.. Did they upload your medical results promptly?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
cochtrane:

You should be able to combine Coys A, B & C as long as you can get a work reference letter from all indicating the same NOC. You need to make sure of this.

Thanks cochtrane. Much appreciated.

Hi All, GlitteringStar, bbaby84, Obi1conte, NewMum0615, Elfmannisback, happytbaby, Bsbabe, vickyehi.

Thanks for all the info you have given me. After much consideration, I finally concluded that to be on the safe side, i should:

- Decline the ITA.
- Make my NYSC as my primary NOC in my EE profile.
- Re-enter the pool.

My questions however are;

1. During NYSC, my job was from March 2012 - February 2013. Orientation was March 2012 and POP was February 2013. Does this still count as 1 year?
2. If yes to the above, it means i only need reference letter for my NYSC work experience since it’s my primary NOC, yes?

Thanks all, for your prompt and kind responses as always. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cochtrane(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
dumprep:

Hi All, GlitteringStar, bbaby84, Obi1conte, NewMum0615, Elfmannisback, happytbaby, Bsbabe, vickyehi.

Thanks for all the info you have given me. After much consideration, I finally concluded that to be on the safe side, i should:

- Decline the ITA.
- Make my NYSC as my primary NOC in my EE profile.
- Re-enter the pool.

1. During NYSC, my job was from March 2012 - February 2013. Orientation was March 2012 and POP was February 2013. Does this still count as 1 year?
2. If yes to the above, it means i only need reference letter for my NYSC work experience since it’s my primary NOC, yes?

That's a weird one. You didn't have to go that route if you are able to get your work reference letters affirming the NOCs. I just get the feeling that people are being too careful these days and thereby let good opportunities pass them by. This looks like one of such cases.

If you have to do this anyways, use your nysc and some others to help you get 3 years and thus maximum points.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tolfa(m): 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
dumprep:

if am not mistaken read @glitteringstar or @ethelia posts I think one of them used nysc experience as their NOC.....for number 2 you get reference letter for that alone

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Canadianfly: 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
Elfmannisback:

No issues, in my opinion she's all clear.. So do nothing @canadiandrm..fly.

Lmao. That ain't me yo. grin

Meanwhile make una slow down I'm still reading page 10, una don reach page 14 already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cochtrane(m): 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
TheCanadianDrm:

Kindly ignore my ramblings and help me. I am so confused right now. Thank you.

Thank you everyone.
As far as I can see, what's causing this "potential concern" seems to be the nature of legal documentation you presented as part of your adoption papers. I also don't understand why there should be some sort of joint guardianship which grants parent rights to you & your husband on the one hand and to the child's mother on the other. It seems way too complicated. Don't forget that the VO must have seen numerous adoption papers from Nigeria and if yours give reasons for worry, he'll definitely highlight it as a "potential concern". As it stands, it's still just "potential" and no more. Chances are nothing will come out of it after extensive review, or you may get ADR to supply more docs. Of course, raising a CSE is a way to get ahead here. But I feel if you resubmit the same paperwork that poses the concern, it may not change anything.

Read through this link and search for "Adoption Certificate" there. Perhaps you've come across it. Once you don't provide the same adoption certs the VO has always seen, things can change. This applies not just for adoption certs, but for several other docs (Police cert, for example). It may be tough to argue that the alternative adoption path you followed is as legal as what obtains, but if you do successfully I'm sure you'll be fine. Whatever the case, I'd expect them to get back to you first regarding this before making their decision.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ramj: 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
happytbaby:
I read your post and still thinking about it but as you are naming us.....I do not see anything wrong with the GCMS portion you highlighted so I was waiting for someone else to talk maybe I would see what the issue is.

Those documents you listed should ordinarily have been part of the application with an LOE but right now I will thread with caution because they have not 'raised an eyebrow', you may introduce a new angle to the case that was not there, we have to check what CIC says about legal guardianship....is it at par with adoption.....

I agree with happytbaby. No where in the GMCS note you posted raised any concern.
But if you feel worried, raise a CSE but then that might make them look closely.

I feel the area of potential concern was also settled by the officer - refer to document allowing applicant to bring child to Canada.

Its more like saying.. this can be an issue but not to worry the applicant has put in the required documents. So anyone reading the case would see you have done the needful.

So I don't think you should fret. IMO

Je m'appelle Ramj.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by niobe77(f): 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
juicebox:
Please guys, which of the hospitals in Lagos does medicals on Saturdays. Planning on doing my medicals tomorrow?

Children's practice ikoyi but call ahead to confirm that e-medical portal won't be down for maintenance and go with atm cuz cash not accepted. Saturday service is not always guaranteed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Uzoreen: 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2018
As a matter of fact, i submitted a letter in lieu of certificate and my SOR. And i had no issues at all. So get the letter then add the SOR and send it all to WES

Good luck.

Olha:
Hi, my contact in unilag said i should request for attestation letter in lieu of certificate but that sounded odd to me because majority of applicants have been using statement of results.
Is it statement of result or letter of attestation ?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Justiyke4u: 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
please my people i have little concern based on a question someone asked earlier and was overlooked. i previously worked in a law firm that is not online (no website) and my pay was on cash while i was with the firm. Will this be an issue please.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 6:08pm On Apr 27, 2018
smslive2:
Hi @Pikipiki, can you tell us which certificate you used to achieve this ACCA 1 year college certificate?
I am guessing this is the Diploma in Accounting and Business (F1-F3 Exams)
Just for the sake of those who are still looking at obtaining additional certificates

Could you kindly give me a breakdown of the admission requirement and duration for completion of the F1 to F3.

Also if you know the cost implication, that would be great too.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cochtrane(m): 6:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
Justiyke4u:
please my people i have little concern based on a question someone asked earlier and was overlooked. i previously worked in a law firm that is not online (no website) and my pay was on cash while i was with the firm. Will this be an issue please.
Two concerns here: coy has no website and pay was in cash.
First concern is really no problem, as long as they can provide you the work reference letter you need which meets all the requirements. There have been a handful of similar cases here.
Second concern is also no problem. Paystubs are not compulsory, though they help with your application. Some here have not submitted paystubs and suffered no consequence for it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Justiyke4u: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
I sincerely appreciate your response. Thank you
cochtrane:

Two concerns here: coy has no website and pay was in cash.
First concern is really no problem, as long as they can provide you the work reference letter you need which meets all the requirements. There have been a handful of similar cases here.
Second concern is also no problem. Paystubs are not compulsory, though they help with your application. Some here have not submitted paystubs and suffered no consequence for it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by amidee(f): 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
TheCanadianDrm:
Ok, thank you.

I should send the documents without them requesting? Wont it look like I am been defensive?

It won't sound like that.. if they need it they would use it and if they don't they would ignore.. just send them the document and a detailed LOE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by juicebox: 6:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
niobe77:

Children's practice ikoyi but call ahead to confirm that e-medical portal won't be down for maintenance and go with atm cuz cash not accepted. Saturday service is not always guaranteed.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Randomsue: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
This post ITA can give someone hypertension sha...kilode!

Now I'm panicking about my NOC cos my HR has stuck to their guns and will only print out the stale information on the employee portal, regardless of my change in job role over 2 years old.

My chosen noc is 1122 and these are the job duties in my reference, please @newmum0615 and others help me see if i am sleeping on a bicycle;

Job Title: Project Associate
Division: Group Managing Directorate Department/ unit: Transformation

JOB OBJECTIVE(S)
 To support the implementation of assigned strategic initiatives in line with agreed timelines and objectives.

DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
 Participate in identification and validation of key business data requirements
 Conduct research and analyze data to provide accurate and meaningful information to support the implementation of various strategic initiatives
 Develop reports and presentations of activities and of analysis conducted
 Perform assigned tasks from the project work stream (s)
 Produce project documentation and minutes of project meetings
 Interface with other teams or departments as required
 Follow up on completion of assigned tasks with other project team members
 Participate and contribute to team problem solving
 Developing problem solving approaches for work streams, or sections of work streams
 Perform various tasks as assigned by the Project Manager

QUALITIES
 Ability to efficiently analyze data to produce meaningful information for decision-making
 Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines

CHALLENGES
 Managing aggressive deadlines
Key financial/statistical measures of Unit:
1. Market share growth 2. Cost savings; 3. Project abandonment rate;
4. Service rating 5. Project schedule variance; 6. Project budget performance

KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
 Ability to meet deadlines
 Error-free analysis resulting in meaningful insights
 Quality of work output

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cheromel: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
Good evening lovely people.
questions please.

1. When creating the EE profile, would you recommend stating spouse work experience, even though no points will be claimed. I understand that this can be moved to personal history later but i would prefer not to change information up and down grin. OR would you recommend leaving it out in the profile creation and just mention it in personal history Post ITA.

2. Is it necessary to include bank statement of a gift deed donor. I have the local transfer form, gift deed and affidavit and of course my own bank statement showing transfer. Just wondering if i should request for it.

Thanks for the anticipated responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Enigmatick: 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for all the information and guidance!

I got my ITA on the 11th of April, 2018!

That was 2 days after my birthday and I lost 5 points from getting older.

I've been following all the posts here and quietly following the tips because I didn't want to raise my hopes too high but God has been faithful!

God bless you all!

We shall all get there!

Please continue to have patience with us and give us guidance.

Is there any support group for people prepping their PPR application?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Yahwehgbemi: 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
Did anybody come across an agent based in Abeokuta inviting people to come and apply for EE, promising them that he has many slots in Manitoba PNP? They even went as far as promising people that they will pay the flight, accommodation, visa fees and other associated fees because they are a Canadian Visa Agent. The beneficiary will only pay back when he/she gets to Manitoba. Could this be real house? I intentionally held back their name and a snapshot of their flyer to avoid being banned here in the name of advertisement.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Randomsue: 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
cheromel:
Good evening lovely people.
questions please.

1. When creating the EE profile, would you recommend stating spouse work experience, even though no points will be claimed. I understand that this can be moved to personal history later but i would prefer not to change information up and down grin. OR would you recommend leaving it out in the profile creation and just mention it in personal history Post ITA.

2. Is it necessary to include bank statement of a gift deed donor. I have the local transfer form, gift deed and affidavit and of course my own bank statement showing transfer. Just wondering if i should request for it.

Thanks for the anticipated responses.

New moniker but old follower,

1. i would advise you just leave out the work experience for spouse except you are ready to prove the experience by submitting reference letter etc

2. as advised here, provide as much info as possible, so get the account statement of transferee is possible
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by milkytins(m): 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
Please, does one need to evaluate all certificates with WES?
B.Sc. FUNAAB
M.Sc. OAU
PhD. OAU
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by bbaby84(f): 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
cochtrane:

That's a weird one. You didn't have to go that route if you are able to get your work reference letters affirming the NOCs. I just get the feeling that people are being too careful these days and thereby let good opportunities pass them by. This looks like one of such cases.

If you have to do this anyways, use your nysc and some others to help you get 3 years and thus maximum points.

I have to agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by bbaby84(f): 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
Yahwehgbemi:
Did anybody come across an agent based in Abeokuta inviting people to come and apply for EE, promising them that he has many slots in Manitoba PNP? They even went as far as promising people that they will pay the flight, accommodation, visa fees and other associated fees because they are a Canadian Visa Agent. The beneficiary will only pay back when he/she gets to Manitoba. Could this be real house? I intentionally held back their name and a snapshot of their flyer to avoid being banned here in the name of advertisement.

I don't think we can answer that question as our motto here is DIY.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TheCanadianDrm: 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2018
Thank you Cochtrane, Blackbuddy, Ramj, Amidee. Thank you.

I will be back with my testimony soon.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
Yahwehgbemi:
BEWARE OF SUCH
If it's the same one someone sent me, they also stated you will pay abt 70k plus to register. Lol.....

Nigeria has 170m people so if they can gather 70k plus from just 2m people they will automatically die like Mr Sergie Mavro.

Just know that no agent has the power to guarantee you a spot in the PNP programme. Also whatever they want to package for you is probably packed with fake documents.

Canada doesn't legally allow agents to nominate their clients.

So the choice is yours....."there might seem a way that is right to man but the end thereof is destruction"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Amakyzuu: 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2018
@Newmum0615 Pls what NOC category is NOC 9213?... Its not on the website... My job role falls between that and 0911 Category (0). pLease assist. thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.