Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1000907 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jelmusboy(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
You no go vex ooo, na two weeks remain for me to submit my application. After which, I will go into silent and prayer mode. Na the baby sef delay till this moment. Passport issue
happytbaby:
What is the reason for doing that? You have the option of saying she has certificate but she does not have ECA, Oga Jemulsboy, you don reach to graduate on this thread o, there are some questions wey you suppose don know the answer by now.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mzjennypher(f): 2:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
Canadianfly:
Mehn we wasted 4 pages shouting congrats and thank you for creating part 4. Like it takes an arm and a leg to open a thread.
6 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

@Canadianfly onye nsogbu
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by linuslynx: 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2018
Congrats to all who got ITA yesterday and I pray everybody is favoured on this new thread whatever stage you are in.

In other news my COPR has been sleeping at AVO since 9th April and there's a new policy I understand before they release your documents to the courier guys. You need to do an authorisation mail to ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and accra.immigration@international.gc.ca with ngtcollect@dhl.com in copy else they won't release the documents like mine which has been chilling there.

So guys take note.

42 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jelmusboy(m): 2:42pm On Apr 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sunvick(m): 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
Just Google "the most bitter woman in Nigeria" and click the Google images. I leave the rest for you to see.

Afraid hold me ohh.

Emmasonic4me:
CeeC in the building.

[s]Truly, there's a "CeeC" in every woman. However, some women have it in excess.[/s]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
mzjennypher:

@Canadianfly onye nsogbu
v As in eehh...ezigbo onye nsogbu

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jelmusboy(m): 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
And does the same apply to work history? My wife can't get reference and payslip from Nigeria employer, how do we declare her work history? Just bear with me, am submitting next week Wednesday.

happytbaby:
What is the reason for doing that? You have the option of saying she has certificate but she does not have ECA.

Oga Jemulsboy, you don reach to graduate on this thread o, there are some questions wey you suppose don know the answer by now, with the arrival of the baby, you are no longer Jumulsboy but rather; JEMULSMAN

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
Move that to personal history. That is; delete under work history, all of those details would remain in personal history, it would have been transferred automatically from your pre-ITA form.

jelmusboy:
And does the same apply to work history? My wife can't get reference and payslip from Nigeria employer, how do we declare her work history? Just bear with me, am submitting next week Wednesday.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by kart042000(m): 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2018
Is there any fsw2014 in the house still expecting PPR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Itissettled3: 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
Good afternoon everyone, please I need your advice.

My sister's application got rejected after 7 months for NOC. They had called her for an interview and asked her to state her work duties. They asked her some duties which she confirmed she did them but the interviewer asked her why her boss didn't include it in the reference letter.

Long story short. She was rejected.

Now we want to reapply. My questions are:-

1. Can she get a new reference letter from her boss with all of the duties and resubmit her application? She actually did those duties but when her boss didn't include it in her initial reference and being that she had to travel a long distance to pick it up, she assumed what she had will go through and used it like that.

2. If she does the above, hope it will not be interpreted as Misrepresentation? She can beg her boss to do an affidavit confirming she did those jobs.

3. She worked as an editor but also did translation of news item. Both are on the NOC list, she applied as an editor in the rejected application, can she switch and apply as a translator now?

Kindly assist us with answers as we are heartbroken at the moment. After 7 months.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
I received my GCMS notes yesterday. I ordered for it on the 26th of March (post-COPR smiley) so that I can know the full details about my application. These are the few points that I noted from the GCMS notes.

Proof of Funds: A day after I submitted my application, the proof of funds webpage was updated. The amount I indicated when I was creating my profile was lower than the updated minimum funds required. Though, I had a higher amount in the bank statement that I submitted but to be on the safe side, I raised CSE. Reading through my GCMS notes, I realised that the old minimum funds required was used. Well, it is always good to play safe. cheesy

Work Experience: This was written in the notes---"Web-based search confirms employer information". For those people who wanna use companies that do not have web presence and co, try to add any necessary documents to bolster your application.

The case analyst also noted in the notes that there was no change in my profile from ITA to e-APR. Though, it is possible for one to edit one's profile after getting an Invitation to Apply but note that any changes you make will be recorded in your GCMS notes. The officer who is reviewing your file will also compare the notes to know if there is any discrepancy. Therefore, if the situation is something you can avoid such as inputting the wrong TRF number/ECA number intentionally, please try to avoid such situations. This Canadian journey requires “patience”.

I wish everyone the best!

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I just got ITA yesterday and I have started filling my application. Please I need help on the Work/Personal History section.

The Work Experience in my EE profile was as follows:

1. Company A: 10 months (with NOC code 4121)
2. Company B: 11 months (with NOC code 4121)
3. Company C: 7 months (with NOC code 4121)
4. Company D: 1-year NYSC (with NOC code 3131)

I intend to claim points for Companies A, B and C ONLY.

So please my questions are:

1). Since I am not claiming points for Company D (NOC 3131), should I delete Company D from Work History and place it under Personal History? Will deleting Company D affect my application?

2). For Company B, her job title was Health Care Assistant where her actual job responsibilities are under NOC 4121. But in the NOC list, Health Care Assistant is under NOC 3413. Please I need some assistance with this too.

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 26, 2018
dumprep:
Hi Everyone,

I just got ITA yesterday and I have started filling my application. Please I need help on the Work/Personal History section.

So please my question is, since I am not claiming points for Company D (NOC 3131), should I delete Company D from Work History and place it under Personal History? Will deleting Company D affect my application?

Many thanks.
Which one is the primary NOC? None is up to a year oh.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:00pm On Apr 26, 2018
I am so sorry about this.

In choosing the translation NOC, my first thoughts would be 'were the translation duties included on the reference letter?", If not, it might be better to beef up the reference letter and go with the editing NOC that was used initially, (she cannot be seen to be changing roles on the same job) the reference letter could state that they were aware of her initial rejection and that portions of her duties were omitted. She would also need to write a strong LOE about the initial rejection. We could look at this (LOE) together via PM when you are ready.

Learning points to others (not to castigate the lady):

1. In a case where the reference does not state all your duties, it may better to do an LOE including the other duties and state why they were not included. The Lead Statement of the NOC is very important, the duties must cover at least 75% of the NOC description and align with the lead statement.

2. People do not need to travel to pick references if the employer will be gracious enough to scan it to you. At least ask first, the worst they can say is 'no'.

3. As much as possible, try to draft your own reference letter and create less work for the HR staff, except they insist on a standard format that is already in existence. This reduces the risk of errors and omission and can even help hasten up the process.

Itissettled3:
Good afternoon everyone, please I need your advice.

My sister's application got rejected after 7 months for NOC. They had called her for an interview and asked her to state her work duties. They asked her some duties which she confirmed she did them but the interviewer asked her why her boss didn't include it in the reference letter.

Long story short. She was rejected.

Now we want to reapply. My questions are:-

1. Can she get a new reference letter from her boss with all of the duties and resubmit her application? She actually did those duties but when her boss didn't include it in her initial reference and being that she had to travel a long distance to pick it up, she assumed what she had will go through and used it like that.

2. If she does the above, hope it will not be interpreted as Misrepresentation? She can beg her boss to do an affidavit confirming she did those jobs.

3. She worked as an editor but also did translation of news item. Both are on the NOC list, she applied as an editor in the rejected application, can she switch and apply as a translator now?

Kindly assist us with answers as we are heartbroken at the moment. After 7 months.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Which one is the primary NOC? None is up to a year oh.

Thanks for the quick reply Elfmannisback.

Primary NOC is 4121.

I actually thought it's possible to combine the length of the three (A, B,C) since it's the same NOC.

Please am i missing something?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2018
dumprep:

Primary NOC is 4121.

I actually thought it's possible to combine the length of the three (A, B,C) since it's the same NOC.

OK but let others come in.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
Correct me if I am wrong.....you got experience points based on above 3 years experience? If you take out the NYSC, it will reduce to less than 3 years and your points will drop.

You will need to recalculate your CRS and if it still meets the cut off points, it is advisable that you do LOE as to why you are changing the goal post in the middle of the game. If not, you need to decline the ITA. Why do you want to remove the NYSC? You may need to explore the option of obtaining reference for the period from your primary assignment.

Moving work experience to personal history is not advisable for the Primary Applicants, the advice is usually given for spouses.....I guess this is where you are coming from....

dumprep:

Primary NOC is 4121.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
happytbaby:
I am so sorry about this.

In choosing the translation NOC, my first thoughts would be 'were the translation duties included on the reference letter?", If not, it might be better to beef up the reference letter and go with the editing NOC that was used initially, (she cannot be seen to be changing roles on the same job) the reference letter could state that they were aware of her initial rejection and that portions of her duties were omitted. She would also need to write a strong LOE about the initial rejection. We could look at this (LOE) together via PM when you are ready.

Learning points to others (not to castigate the lady):

1. In a case where the reference does not state all your duties, it may better to do an LOE including the other duties and state why they were not included. The Lead Statement of the NOC is very important, the duties must cover at least 75% of the NOC description and align with the lead statement.

2. People do not need to travel to pick references if the employer will be gracious enough to scan it to you. At least ask first, the worst they can say is 'no'.

3. As much as possible, try to draft your own reference letter and create less work for the HR staff, except they insist on a standard format that is already in existence. This reduces the risk of errors and omission and can even help hasten up the process.

Great response.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
@ Glitterringstar: Your finesse is out of this world. Ordering GCMS NOTES after the deal is done cool

MODIFIED
@ ALL: Please I have question regarding this WEB Presence thing. Does this strictly mean a company website or that a number of things about the organisation pops up online? For instance, the organisation (a local hotel) I wish to claim experience with does not have a website but if a Google search is done, it pops on 'travel.jumia.com', 'booking.com', 'hotels.ng' 'tripadvisor'.

What do you think guys? Sincere responses would be appreciated. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
happytbaby:
Correct me if I am wrong.....you got experience points based on above 3 years experience? If you take out the NYSC, it will reduce to less than 3 years and your points will drop.

You will need to recalculate your CRS and if it still meets the cut off points, it is advisable that you do LOE as to why you are changing the goal post in the middle of the game. If not, you need to decline the ITA. Why do you want to remove the NYSC? You may need to explore the option of obtaining reference for the period from your primary assignment.

Moving work experience to personal history is not advisable for the Primary Applicants, the advice is usually given for spouses.....I guess this is where you are coming from....

Many thanks happytbaby.

I will refrain from moving work experience to personal history.

So please should I go ahead and get reference letter for the NYSC even though it's not my Primary NOC?

Also, can A, B and C be combined to form more than 1 year experience?

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 4:26pm On Apr 26, 2018
dumprep:

Many thanks happytbaby.

So please should I go ahead and get reference letter for the NYSC even though it's not my Primary NOC?

Thanks again.

Ofcourse they can be combined to form more than one year experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
luffyhaki:

Ofcourse they can be combined to form more than one year experience

Awesome! Thanks luffyhaki, elfmannisback and happytbaby.

Another quick one and i'm out of the way wink

For Company B, my job title was Health Care Assistant where my actual job responsibilities are under NOC 4121. But in the NOC list, Health Care Assistant is under NOC 3413 (Nurses and and patient services associates).

Will it suffice if I leave it as Health Care Assistant and ensure that my reference letter contains job duties of NOC 4121?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
Os cof naa. They belong to the same NOC.

dumprep:

Many thanks happytbaby.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 26, 2018
dumprep:

Hi Everyone,

Your profile will be ineligible if you use any work experience that is less than one year as your primary NOC. Company A, B or C cannot be your primary NOC. To be qualified for the Federal Skilled Workers Program, you need to have at least one year continuous full-time (at least 30 hours of paid work per week) or equivalent part-time work experience in an occupation that is categorized under NOC A, B or 0.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2018
Use the NOC that matches her actual job description. Job titles don't hold much water under NOC classification.

dumprep:

For Company B, my job title was Health Care Assistant where my actual job responsibilities are under NOC 4121. But in the NOC list, Health Care Assistant is under NOC 3413. Please I need some assistance with this too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by bbaby84(f): 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
dumprep:
Hi Everyone,

So please my questions are:

1). Since I am not claiming points for Company D (NOC 3131), should I delete Company D from Work History and place it under Personal History? Will deleting Company D affect my application?

2). For Company B, her job title was Health Care Assistant where her actual job responsibilities are under NOC 4121. But in the NOC list, Health Care Assistant is under NOC 3413. Please I need some assistance with this too.

Many thanks.

If you are only claiming the first three (2 years 4 months)and your CRS doesn't drop as you'll be claiming points for 2 years and not 3 years. Then move company D to personal history otherwise you'll need to get reference for it.

Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hmm. My colleague's brother used NOC code 1111 for experience as a finance/audit officer from 1 bank, a supermarket chain coy and a pension company. None of the 3 jobs was up to one full year individually, cos he was an entry level staff who kept looking for the next big thing. He combined all 3 expereriences in his application. He is leaving for Canada in July. We need to spell out what really works in this situation, cos this thing is confusing at times. Does this affect only eligibility? Cos I am beginning to wonder how he did it.

Work experience caveat says: full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours) Does this apply to having different jobs at the same time or continuously at different times?

GlitteringStar:

Your profile will be ineligible if you use any work experience that is less than one year as your primary NOC. Company A, B or C cannot be your primary NOC. To be qualified for the Federal Skilled Workers Program, you need to have at least one year continuous full-time (at least 30 hours of paid work per week) or equivalent part-time work experience in an occupation that is categorized under NOC A, B or 0.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Newmum0615:
Use the NOC that matches her actual job description. Job titles don't hold much water under NOC classification.

Thanks Newmum0615.

Wow! Thanks GlitteringStar.

Newmum0615 just said they can be combined since A, B and C are in the same NOC. Right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
GlitteringStar:

My thoughts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2018
Job titles do not matter . It is the duties that matter. So you are good to go.

dumprep:

For Company B, my job title was Health Care Assistant where my actual job responsibilities are under NOC 4121. But in the NOC list, Health Care Assistant is under NOC 3413 (Nurses and and patient services associates).

Will it suffice if I leave it as Health Care Assistant and ensure that my reference letter contains job duties of NOC 4121?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
Mama niyen!

SegunWamiri:
@ Glitterringstar: Your finesse is out of this world. Ordering GCMS NOTES after the deal is done cool

@ ALL: Please I have question regarding this WEB Presence thing. Does this strictly mean a company website or that a number of things about the organisation pops up online? For instance, the organisation (a local hotel) I wish to claim experience with does not have a website but if a Google search is done, it pops on 'jumiatravels.com'. Sincere responses would be appreciated. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.