Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1011717 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by COPR: 10:40am On Aug 04, 2018
Newmum0615:
Can everyone take a seat please? It’s going to be quite a read.

It’s my turn. grin

PPR has come to the glory of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.

It has been a lonnnnng but rewarding experience here on this thread and in this EE journey. I have learnt a lot through months of research and waiting. If you had told me anything about relocating from Nigeria before the second week of August 2017, I would have rolled my eyes at you in apparent indifference. I was never one for living abroad. I love visiting on vacations, buying plenty stuff and coming back home. However, one day at the end of the 2nd week of August 2017, I was in the car with my husband, on our way to work and I remember vividly how I stumbled on Testden while browsing through the internet that morning. I decided to read a little and I just became fascinated with the practice texts and solving the questions. A colleague of mine who moved to Australia last year had been harping on about migrating, but I had no such plans. Hubby and I are doing quite well here, and I am also so close to my parents that the thought of staying so far away from them kept me from taking the leap.

Initially, practicing the IELTS questions was just for fun but I had a light bulb moment one day while still recovering from a surgery that almost cost me my life in a Nigerian hospital. A supposedly ‘big’ hospital. Why not take the test and work towards getting outta here? I asked myself. Hubby didn't agree at first. He is a believer now.

So voila! My first connection to anything Canadian was the IELTS test discovery via Testden. During my recuperation period, I decided that I needed a better life not just for myself but also for my kids. I considered Australia, but there is a disconnect between my first degree and work experience so I didn’t stand a chance. Canada was next on my list. I went on to research on the internet; CIC site and Nairaland popped up first among others. I have always engaged Nairaland as my go-to place for 1st hand practical experience on just about anything. It really needs to be rated among the top internet search engines in the world. We are great like that!

So, lemme not bore you with my long story joor.

Here is my timeline:

Decision to immigrate: 2nd week of August 2017.

WES evaluation received: 15th November 2017

IELTS: L8.5 R9 S7.5 W7.5

Hubby: Did very well. Maxed out on scores.

EE profile created: 1st December 2017

ITA: 6th December 2017

AOR: 1st February 2018

NA1: 2nd February 2018

Medicals passed/IP1: 12th February 2018

NA2: 16th February 2018

IP2: 27th February 2018 (the mass movement)

1st GCMS notes (ordered via gcmsbuddy.com): April, 2018 Received in less than 2 weeks

2nd GCMS notes (ordered via gcmsbuddy.com): June, 2018 Received one month later

ADR: 2 days ago. Day 179. Height & Color info + Copies of passport biodata pages (as if I didn’t provide it before) angry

PPR Mail: 1st August 2018. Received around past noon today. I was actually speaking in faith this morning when I was teasing y'all about having correct news

Congrats Newmum. Well deserved!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 10:41am On Aug 04, 2018
Tojued:

IMO you submitted too many documents and your VO got suspicious. Requirement for proof of employment is reference letter and payslips (if available). You did overkill not just for one job, but for your entire work history.

Don't worry, everything works for good. Carry all your docs plus passport plus copr photos when going, instant copr may just be your portion.

You are truly wise.I've always adviced people not to overwhelm the VO with documents.They are human too and are processing a significant number of applications.Try to make your application as straight forward as possible. For example, NYSC certificate is overkill.

My 2 cents

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ilekzy(m): 10:52am On Aug 04, 2018
Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sleekchic(f): 11:05am On Aug 04, 2018
Newmum0615:

It’s my turn. grin

PPR has come to the glory of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.

Mighty big congratulations to you sweet lady. You deserve every great thing in life. I am so so so so happy for you. Go and prosper, your good deeds have gone ahead of you to make a beautiful path for you and yours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by lolarde(f): 11:08am On Aug 04, 2018
Pls how do i get to join the whatsapp group?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ropophen: 11:21am On Aug 04, 2018
Tojued:

IMO you submitted too many documents and your VO got suspicious. Requirement for proof of employment is reference letter and payslips (if available). You did overkill not just for one job, but for your entire work history.

Don't worry, everything works for good. Carry all your docs plus passport plus copr photos when going, instant copr may just be your portion.
Thank you for your observation Tojued, I hope I won't be doing overkill by packing so physical documents to the interview olowo cos I have even added NYSC pictures, my medical insurance card, all monthly receipts for my professional dues and so on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ropophen: 11:21am On Aug 04, 2018
Tojued:

Thank you for your observation Tojued, I hope I won't be doing overkill by packing so physical documents to the interview oooo cos I have even added NYSC pictures, my medical insurance card, all monthly receipts for my professional dues and so on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 11:30am On Aug 04, 2018
My thoughts exactly. Sometimes less is more. I had payslips but i didn't even bother.
Tojued:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 11:31am On Aug 04, 2018
Of what biko?
lolarde:
Pls how do i get to join the whatsapp group?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ninichinny: 11:31am On Aug 04, 2018
Please I need help with Wes verification in Imsu. The school don delay person tire.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2018
Ropophen:
Thank you for your observation Tojued, I hope I won't be doing overkill by packing so physical documents to the interview olowo cos I have even added NYSC pictures, my medical insurance card, all monthly receipts for my professional dues and so on.

Boss, you can hold all your documents (just in case). But please only submit (to the receptionist) the ones that were requested.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2018
Even if claiming points with NYSC experience, IT IS.
luffyhaki:

For example, NYSC certificate is overkill.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 11:43am On Aug 04, 2018
Thanks babe. Hope everything is falling into place with your application.
sleekchic:

Mighty big congratulations to you sweet lady. You deserve every great thing in life. I am so so so so happy for you. Go and prosper, your good deeds have gone ahead of you to make a beautiful path for you and yours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by COPR: 11:44am On Aug 04, 2018
cntabs:
please has anyone from futo gotten PR? How did you handle your transcript. I've been on it since march.

There is a guy here on Nairaland that does that but I dont know how reliable. Search for Futo transcript and see his number.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by COPR: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2018
Newmum0615:
LoL. We started it when he was supposed to be the PA o. We abandoned it since then only to "let's kuku convert to the evaluation for employment". No time to be requesting for refund, we went through wahala to get the transcripts. Almost a year.

Can WES refund money after payment? This WAEC verification wahala is going to be time consuming and should be avoided if possible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dudujomi: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2018
Newmum0615:
Even if claiming points with NYSC experience, IT IS.

@Newmum0615 and @Tojued, pls help me with my situation. My previous employer gave me a reference letter and attached my job description to it. They didn't put my salary because its against their policy. Although I have my payslips, is the job description too much information since my duties are already stated on the letter? And how do I go about the salary omitted on the letter. NB: I had to do a lot of begging and even showed my supervisor the requirement on CIC website before I could get them to give me the letter.
For the second employer, I have letter in CIC format.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
Thanks babe. I hope everything is falling into place with your application?
sleekchic:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2018
dudujomi:

My previous employer gave me a reference letter and attached my job description to it. They didn't put my salary because its against their policy. Although I have my payslips, is the job description too much information since my duties are already stated on the letter? And how do I go about the salary omitted on the letter.

If I were in your shoes I'd use ref. letter, payslips and loe that it's against company policy to include salary in letter (or better still the email via which they informed you of this policy). No need for extra JD in my opinion (except they indicated in the letter that JD is attached).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dudujomi: 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2018
Tojued:

If I were in your shoes I'd use ref. letter, payslips and loe that it's against company policy to include salary in letter (or better still the email via which they informed you of this policy). No need for extra JD in my opinion (except they indicated in the letter that JD is attached).

It was stated on the letter that the JD is attached tot the letter. Thank you for your suggestion
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Oben209(f): 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
joo2018:
See from WAEC site. http://www.waecnigeria.org/FAQ.aspx

This is really frustrating, can one just walk up to any WAEC office for this .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by rukaiya(f): 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
pepe1:

Planning for Canada session.

Send a mail to wekun@iom.int with your UCI number.

You can also add your EE profile number but I doubt if there will still be any space for the August 21 Session and unfortunately, I learned that the will be the last one.

For Abuja folks, there's an opening in October. The session isn't ending this month. Contact Wunmi to book a seat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ChandlerBing: 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
I was trolling Canadavisa thread for WES timeline and saw @Tojued's posts. It felt like that one time I randomly ran into my work colleague in another country. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Wingnut007: 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
The most anticipated PPR has finally landed. A very big congratulations to our one and only NOC mama. You deserve every bit of joy you are experiencing because you have paid your dues in full and now it is time to harvest. You deserve lots and lots accolades. As you have selflessly assisted others in solving their challenges, Heaven will always stand for you. Congrats once again.

Newmum0615:

It’s my turn. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2018
Has the Original poster requested for GCMS notes at some point?

DonTee07:

@newmum0612 @justwise @happytbaby @smslive2 , please lets help this brother out here. I have made some suggestions to him but your inputs will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2018
In addition, any contradictory information on Linkedin, Facebook etc?

JiggyFighter:

And your references were all on letterheads stating when you started work, your duties, salaries etc? Did they send you any ADR before the interview request? Also did you order GCMS notes? You submitted more than even some people who didn't get any ADR or interview recommendation so this is strange. Is there anything else of note in the interview request?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Wingnut007: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
You can do that only if you are the PA.

hollabeesy2014:
Hello. Please does any1 know if i Can create an express entry profile without spouse's IELTS and then edit/update it later to boost points?

Will it be regarded as giving false information?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
How now! I needed to get ammo before removing my ankara blouse to fight ni! I believe in my radar but if you never confirm things, you are cocky.... grin

Tojued:

Oh ye of little faith in your radars smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2018
Congratulations

Techengine:

First post on this thread

My walk on Canada thread ended sometimes in May because I got tired of taking IELTS after the third attempt, but I kept this thread open on my phone just to congratulate you when you get your PR. You've inspired many, myself most of all. I didn't give up my dream of leaving this country for good, my journey simply took another turn. I got ITA for Australia last week... Thank you so much for being who you are. This world need more people like you. CONGRATULATIONS Ma!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Oben209(f): 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
ottawasenators:
To add to this WEAC saga

Please can I have the contact of Wes you used here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ndkings1(m): 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
Hello people, I'm new to this.
Please:

1..I need someone to put me through on the best place to take the IELTS test in Lagos, how to prepare for it and the cost.

2. If I have my degree certificate and transcripts, how do I send them to ECA..

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by favouritedami: 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
You can either register with IDP (68k) or British council (75k) check google using their names
For preparations, use ieltsliz.com to learn properly and practice. register when ur sure of a great score to avoid repeating the exam.

For wes, google world education service and it will lead you to the website. Register and pay, then send the requested documents to them.
Please note that your school will have to send a fresh transcript to them.

Ndkings1:
Hello people, I'm new to this.
Please:

1..I need someone to put me through on the best place to take the IELTS test in Lagos, how to prepare for it and the cost.

2. If I have my degree certificate and transcripts, how do I send them to ECA..

Thanks

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by PresVA: 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
Hi people, just a quick confirmation please.

Does maternity period count towards work experience? During this period, I was still in Company's employment, receiving full salary and all...

If I remove that period, my experience will go below 3years...

Has anyone who counted maternity leave as part of work experience gotten PPR?

I think it should count, however just want to confirm. .

Thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.