Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know (755 Views)

UK Dating: 8 Differences Between White And Nigerian Women / Alone Vs Lonely: Understanding The Difference Makes All The Difference / 10 Differences Between Men And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by IamReallyboy(m): 9:39pm On Apr 26, 2018
I know that being alone isn’t the same thing
as being lonely, and yet some people use
the two terms interchangeably.
Here are a few of the differences between
someone who’s alone vs. someone who’s
lonely:

1. Lonely singles don’t like being on their
own.
This is the most obvious difference
between being lonely versus being alone.
Lonely people aren’t happy with their
relationship status, and they want to change
their situation. Maybe they’re single and
miss the intimacy of having someone
waiting for them to come home.

Maybe they’re in a relationship and yet feel
emotionally disconnected from their partner.
Being lonely is a state of mind. You can feel
lonely even when you’re surrounded by
people. If you find yourself feeling isolated
and miserable more often than not, you can
overcome your loneliness by taking proactive
steps to change your thinking patterns and
make an effort to engage with people.

2. Singles who are alone know how to enjoy
“me time.”
Being alone isn’t a feeling, it isn’t a
problem, and it isn’t a malady. It’s just
being alone. Singles who are alone don’t
feel like they’re missing out on anything
because they’re by themselves. In fact,.that
time alone could be their favorite part.of the
day.

Some singles look forward to those quiet
moments when they can take a break from
life’s obligations and make time for
themselves. When you’re alone, you can
focus on your needs, practice good self-
care, and improve your overall well-being.

3. Being lonely can make people feel tired
and down.
Feelings of loneliness can wear on a
person over time. It’s like you’re carrying a
weight around with you. Lonely singles tend
to focus on the one thing they’re lacking (a
romantic relationship) rather than focus on
everything they have. They often struggle
with insecurities and fears that they’re not
enough. That can be exhausting.

However, if you embrace your single
status, you could find health and mental
benefits to being on your own.

4. Some people feel energized after
spending time alone. → https://247gistreal..co.ke/2018/04/alone-vs-lonely-6-differences-every.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by DynasTee: 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nice
Re: Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
Rubbish
Re: Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
Look �

Re: Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
Buhari has been very annoying these days
Look at what is happening in the west and south northern arena of Jewish kingdom
Re: Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by mikejj(m): 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
OK
Re: Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by dasparrow: 10:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
Introverts prefer being alone than being around someone constantly. Extroverts tend to be miserable if they are not constantly around people or someone. I can be in a room full of people yet feel so lonely yet when I am home, I am so happy like someone who won a large sum of money in a lottery.

People who are lonely are lonely because they don't know what to do with their time and don't know their purpose in life. They are usually too clingy and emotionally needy like toddlers thinking a spouse would be the solution to all their problems.

People who are active in church activities, travel the world, have a hobby that keeps them busy, are running a business of their own, volunteering in their respective communities, are members of book clubs and other interest groups or spreading the good news of the kingdom of Jehovah God through evangelism can never feel lonely as a single person.
Re: Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by dasparrow: 10:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
Abang52:
Buhari has been very annoying these days
Look at what is happening in the west and south northern arena of Jewish kingdom

Don't derail. If you have nothing to contribute to the topic, get the stepping. I don't know why most Nigerians always act like they got no brain.
Re: Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by SoapQueen(f): 10:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
dasparrow:
Introverts prefer being alone than being around someone constantly. Extroverts tend to be miserable if they are not constantly around people or someone. I can be in a room full of people yet feel so lonely yet when I am home, I am so happy like someone who won a large sum of money in a lottery.

People who are lonely are lonely because they don't know what to do with their time and don't know their purpose in life. They are usually too clingy and emotionally needy like toddlers thinking a spouse would be the solution to all their problems.

People who are active in church activities, travel the world, have a hobby that keeps them busy, are running a business of their own, volunteering in their respective communities, are members of book clubs and other interest groups or spreading the good news of the kingdom of Jehovah God through evangelism can never feel lonely as a single person.

Is today your birthday too? I think you are my twin! You just explained my persona. I recharge by being alone.
Re: Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
dasparrow:

Don't derail. If you have nothing to contribute to the topic, get the stepping. I don't know why most Nigerians always act like they got no brain.

Very true Buhari has no brain
What has he contributed to out economy
He doesn't want to get the stepping away from corruption and nuisance

You're very intelligible tongue
Re: Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by Divay22(f): 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2018
Sometimes when people see me alone, they think i am lonely.
I made it clear to my friends anytime you see me alone, pretend as if you don't know me cos whatever you'll end up saying might just pissed me off (which i really wouldn't bother about on a normal).

I love my "me time " and i can even sit with someone and have my "me time" cause i won't say anything, just stare at you and am so use to it that i can become sad, irritating, even nag.
I'll prefer you lock the gate with me inside than for me to follow you anywhere grin
Re: Alone Vs. Lonely: 6 Differences Every Single Should Know by Akinbahm(m): 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
Abang52:

Very true Buhari has no brain
What has he contributed to out economy
He doesn't want to get the stepping away from corruption and nuisance

You're very intelligible tongue
How does Buhari issue take correlate to the op message? If una wan abuse bubu why u no go open ur own tread and start to dey abuse him.. Lazy youth

(1) (Reply)

Popular Tour Guild, Chiamaka Dumps Her Husband 10 Weeks After Wedding / 41 Ways Wives Disrespect Their Husbands Without Knowing / 7 Ways To Say I Love You That Got Much Deeper Than 3 Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.