Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries (23359 Views)

Charterhouse: Why We Charge ₦42M Fees For Primary School Pupils — Lagos School / Lagos School Principal Becomes A Student For One Day / How Do I Get An Indigene Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by QuotaSystem: 2:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
laudate:
wink

Good times. You sef na better ikoyi lad. Fantasyland?
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by laudate: 2:58pm On Apr 28, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Good times. You sef na better ikoyi lad. Fantasyland?
Hehehe...if I talk my area, my cover go open for here! cheesy Na Cooper, Milverton, Probyn and Alexander Avenue, be my side! wink
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Make una bone dat thing all man dey street grin.

It ain't 'bout where you're from but where you're at..

Home science was the deal then...ring a bell?
I remember those days I used to attend summer class with Home Science, Corona and Ireti pupils. We from Hope Primary School de always reason say our teachers no de try when we compare the composure of those of Corona/Home Science with ours but we de get hope for Saint Georges Primary and others side cheesy. God go bless Tinubu sha for changing the fortune of Hope for the best cheesy

Omo you na Grade A Ajebutter abeg... I respect you die!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by laudate: 3:02pm On Apr 28, 2018
aribisala0:
The people who want to impose Arewa identity on Tivs and Jukuns are killing them. They are Tivs and Jukuns NOT AREWAs/
FULANIS are the killers trying to ethnially cleanse Benue

What the hell is AREWA. What language is AREWA and what does it mean?

There is nothing like southerner .

Stop creating your fake identity and imposing it on others. One minute you are calling them Igbos next the are southerners

We are talkiing about Lagos and the people identiify as Yoruba. The so called victim here is a so called "southerner" why must you impose this ridiculous southerner tag on people?

So that you can also impose "Arewa" on others?

Did the Tiv or Jukun or Gwari people tell you that they are Arewa.

Lagos is Yoruba . What are you ? Stop hiding behind the meaningless "northerner" or Arewa tag. Are you ashamed of your ethnic identity.

Abuja is no man's Land because it was bought and paid for with Federal money though we all know it was OIL money

The Gwaris have no future claims on Abuja they SOLD IT. There is no EMIR of Abuja or any other Gwari institution. T

Did you here of the same happening in Lagos?

Do you even know the meaning of the word "Arewa?" Do you realise how many different tribes exist in the North?

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by unknownsolja: 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Did you notice where the man said he wanted the maid to get a taste of education?

He took an uneducated girl to start school at secondary level.

He believes his living abroad entitles him to walk in anywhere and get acceptance. The girl was rejected because she does not posess the pre-requisite for secondary-level education. Mr Spain feels pained by his rejection and came online with half baked truth.

Do you know of any other place in Nigeria that is as diversity tolerant as Lagos? Nowhere is!

This man should go register that girl in primary school....
I guarantee she will notvbe admitted there either due to her age.

His best option is to hire private tutor to give her home schooling and bring her to level. Hopefully the instructor will be female, and not a male specie...otherwise her education might just end in motherhood.

dundi it means she already finished primary in the easter part of nijeria
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by QuotaSystem: 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
laudate:

Hehehe...if I talk my area, my cover go open for here! cheesy Na Cooper, Milverton, Probyn and Alexander Avenue, be my side! wink

I get what you mean, security first.

Especially with all the bitter disgruntled iPod piglets that litter this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by QuotaSystem: 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2018
laudate:

Do you even know the meaning of the word "Arewa?" Do you realise how many different tribes exist in the North?

Bigotry steeped in grand ignorance is a lethal mix.

Had to eventually ignore the bitter troll.

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Stevengold(m): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
what happened to the word "One Nigeria" grin
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by aribisala0(m): 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2018
laudate:

The meaning is irrelevant you cannot impose it on everyone .Certainly not on the Land.

The issue of "North" is a British concept and meaningless before the British Came what has the word "Arewa" got to do with Tiv People or Kwara People.

Is Oyo not in the Geographical "North" even further North than some parts of Kogi Benue and Taraba? Why not call Oyo Arewa.

Leave story.

The Idea is a Neo-colonialist Hausa -Fulani scheme that is dead on arrival. Tivs are Tivs and Igalas are Igalas not Arewas

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
laudate:

Guy, you are bringing back the good old days.... cheesy Remember Alexander Road, Gerrard, Queens Drive? The breeze from that side, no be small, o! Ikoyi has been defaced now....lots of the trees have been cut down. Most of the old stately colonial buildings have been demolished, to give way to monstrous, ugly, high rise buildings, that are nothing to write home about. Tranquil neighbourhoods have been defaced. Its so sad, really. cry

To own a property and live inside Ikoyi today, you need to be a billionaire....land there, costs as much as solid gold! In the past, children of civil servants could live side-by-side with kids of directors of multinational corporations. But not any more....successive govts killed this structure, with their stuvpid, asinine policies. undecided

Yes, yes...Home Science was on Ruxton Road. Still is, in fact! cheesy Now, you have conclusively proved that you are an aje-butter! cheesy Grade 1 type, in fact! cool
I wish Ikoyi can revert to what it once was. Honestly now it takes billionaires to comfortably live in Ikoyi.

Remember Alexander Road, Gerrard, Queens Drive?
Why not? My Class Teacher in Pry 4 used to live in Gerrard. I missed Ikoyi, most of my childhood friends are no longer there... Na Billionaires like una de stay there...
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by kilometer2419: 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
no secondary sch would ,allow admission during waec examination ,moreover u only enrol a child in a new session
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by JAMESOJAY: 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
That's why Yourbas are COWARDS...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by aribisala0(m): 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Flattties will concoct any tale to try to frustrate that Yoruba language law grin

One is even dreaming of the lie going viral so the law can be reviewed... Lol.

I'm a northerner, grew up in Ikoyi, family have had properties there for decades, but I still recognize that Lagos is Yorubaland, just like Abuja is Arewaland.

Let me remind you how the AREWA thing started on this thread

You mention Yorubaland and then Flattties So you were talking about the YORUBA nature of Lagos in contrast to the Arewa Nature of Abuja

Yoruba-ness is an ethnicity not a point on the compass

You were contrasting the Yoruba nature of Lagos with the Arewa nature of Abuja and at the same time drawing a line between Igbos and Yoruba

When called out you try to hide behind Arewa means North

If Arewa means North then according to the North South dichotomy you were propagating why exclude the so called Flattties frrom Lagos after all they are South.

The truth is you were not talking about North South but Yoruba Arewa and by Arewa you meant ethnic nature not geography. You meant Hausa nature of Abuja. You were appropriating Abuja for HAUSAS

of coursse We had to shoot that imperialism down immediately.

You can lie to yourself but not to others

When you contrast Yoruba Lagos to Arewa Abuja the word Arewa does not and cannot mean "NORTH" especially in the context that you used it where you talked about "FLATTTIES" and implied that flattties had less of a claim on Lagos than Yorubas even though they are from the "South"
Does YORUBA mean South? how then is Yoruba an antonym of Arewa to be used for contrast

Your whole argument about Arewa meaning North is nothing but an afterthought that fools only you
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Kandili: 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2018
Imagine
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Awoofawo(m): 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2018
oyb:
i am assuming that is a government school, and that it is free; however, you must prove that you are a resident and paying taxes.

that is my assumption.

The real cross of the matter, you hit the issue at stake on it's head..... Igbo just like wahala and believed everything made for good governance of Yoruba land is target at them. The Hausa, Iddoma, Effik, Ijaw and other tribes hardly complain, they learned to live in harmony with their host state but not Igbo... Kilode.........their own too much!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Awoofawo(m): 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2018
QuotaSystem:
You stink of ignorance, no offence.

1. First of all, Abuja was in the earlier 20th century the name of the nearbyy town now called Suleja in Niger State (Northern Nigeria). It was declared a capital by President Ibrahim Babangida (Northerner) on 12th December 1991 and not any ajayi or whatever.

2. "Arewa" directly translates to the cardinal point known as the "North" in the Hausa language, hence my classification on the basis of geographical location instead of ethnic group.

I am Fulani and a Northerner. Gbagyi who are are indigenous to Abuja are also Northerners . I never said Abuja was Fulani land (never was, never will), but Abuja is indisputably in Arewaland because Abuja is geographically located in Northern Nigeria I.e Arewa, which is why Abuja is Arewaland. This is why every administrator of the FCT since 1979 (before it was even declared capital) have been Northerners.

I don't know how else to spoonfeed this simple logic to you, I don't want to believe you're incapable of simple comprehension.

Lie at the bold..... You are totally wrong.....IBB didn't declared Abuja capital of Nigeria.....IBB only formally moved the capital there.......Abuja was named and declared federal capital in 70s during Muritala and Obasanjo régime! Not everyone here are kids born in the 80s or 90s......
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by olaremint(m): 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
when u give a mouse a cookie it would want a glass of milk. soon and very soon, the slave will be seperated from the king and the igbos will have no choice but to return to their shit holes and leave the south west. awon olorun.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
JAMESOJAY:
That's why Yourbas are COWARDS...
Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by skales67(m): 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
laudate:

See this one! As if Anambra and Imo did not include Igbo language in their school curriculum. Abeg, swerve commot for road.... undecided

Show me proof by posting links where Anambra and Imo made Igbo language compulsory for every pupil or student to study or shut up forever!
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by skales67(m): 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
5thElement:

And what's wrong with that?

Go implement same in your schools wherever you are from. No one is stopping you.

Yoruba language is a beautiful language and must be preserved.

Kudos to Lagos State government.

Beautiful indeed!

A language that misuses the letter "H" whereby a sentence like "He has eaten" is pronounced even by your "professors" as "E as heaten"
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by aribisala0(m): 5:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
QuotaSystem:
You stink of ignorance, no offence.

1. First of all, Abuja was in the earlier 20th century the name of the nearby town now called Suleja in Niger State (Northern Nigeria). It was declared a capital by President Ibrahim Babangida (Northerner) on 12th December 1991 and not any ajayi or whatever.

2. "Arewa" directly translates to the cardinal point known as the "North" in the Hausa language, hence my classification on the basis of geographical location instead of ethnic group.

I am Fulani and a Northerner. Gbagyi who are are indigenous to Abuja are also Northerners . I never said Abuja was Fulani land (never was, never will), but Abuja is indisputably in Arewaland because Abuja is geographically located in Northern Nigeria I.e Arewa, which is why Abuja is Arewaland. This is why every administrator of the FCT since 1979 (before it was even declared capital) have been Northerners.

I don't know how else to spoonfeed this simple logic to you, I don't want to believe you're incapable of simple comprehension.

What you did say was Lagos is Yorubaland and Abuja is Arewaland. If your focus was geography as you now want to pretend and hide behind translation of Arewa to "North" how does "North" contrast with "Yoruba" .Why talk about Yoruba Lagos and Flattties in the Same breath. Are Yoruba and Flattties not all from the "South"

The truth is you were not making a North south distinction. That s self deceit. If that were the case you would not make a Yoruba Flatttie distinction in Lagos

Did IBB declare Abuja capital? You are obviously a child ignorant of history and also very bigoted too
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by rainylad(f): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2018
laudate:

Why is this guy's matter causing you such pain? There are many Northerners in Lagos, who speak fluent Yoruba! undecided I have met many Hausas, Kanuri, Bachama, Gera, Jukun etc that can speak Yoruba in Lagos. A number of them even married Yorubas, sef!

Shut up!!
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by rainylad(f): 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
laudate:

Why is this guy's matter causing you such pain? There are many Northerners in Lagos, who speak fluent Yoruba! undecided I have met many Hausas, Kanuri, Bachama, Gera, Jukun etc that can speak Yoruba in Lagos. A number of them even married Yorubas, sef!

Please shut up!!..abobaku to the rescue undecided
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Kingspin(m): 5:20pm On Apr 28, 2018
But they will travel to New York for school but will not want others to school in their backyard. I don't want to believe the story but one thing I know everything is possible in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by aribisala0(m): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Bla bla bla...Abuja is no man's land but it was created by a Northerner, the indigenous people are Northerners, it is situated in Northern Nigeria and EVERY SINGLE governor/administrator since creation has been a Northerner till date cheesy

Don't worry, Abuja is southern land you hear? Lol.

LONG LIVE AREWA tongue

It is clear from this that you are just a bigot , a child and uninformed

Firstly before Lagos State was created there was an FCT in Lagos the FCT with the late Yar'Adua (Father of late presdent) as FCT minister. So the significance of your claim only a Northerner has been FCT Minister or Admnistrator is what exactly

Unfortunately for you it is UNTRUE.

The Very First Administrator was YORUBA his name was Ajose-Adeogun

He commissioned the Abuja Masterplan

The other thing is I stand by the fact that the move to Abuja was recommended by Akinola Aguda.

What is interesting is the MOTIVATION for all these ridiculous assertions. Your need for ethnic supremacy is pathetic
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by shekauvsbuhari: 5:36pm On Apr 28, 2018
diasporaman:
Imagine Festac that the Igbos developed that supposed to be a colony of Ndi Igbo
I think Igbos are very foolish. Abandon your place and develope other people's place. Continue till they start chasing you from their place.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 28, 2018
skales67:

[s]Beautiful indeed!

A language that misuses the letter "H" whereby a sentence like "He has eaten" is pronounced even by your "professors" as "E as heaten"[/s]

Because the phrase " He has eaten" is Yoruba.

Desperately seeking my attention? I have noticed you now.

Kindly move along junior. You are cluttering cyberspace.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by aribisala0(m): 5:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
skales67:

Beautiful indeed!

A language that misuses the letter "H" whereby a sentence like "He has eaten" is pronounced even by your "professors" as "E as heaten"
Last time I checked the English language misuses the letters "GB" and "KP"
Ordinary Nwankwo they cannot pronounce not to talk of Ogbologbo

Shun inferiority complex .

English is not the reference point of what is beautiful in speech or language

2 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Kingspin(m): 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Flattties will concoct any tale to try to frustrate that Yoruba language law grin

I'm a northerner, grew up in Ikoyi, family have had properties there for decades, but I still recognize that Lagos is Yorubaland, just like Abuja is Arewaland.
That is more reason we need to put them in writing, constitution and restructure the country so that everyone will understand how thing are been done. If I am leaving from my zone to the other side I already know what is obtain up there. I complain less. But saying that every Nigerians has the same right of movement and association to live in any part of the country and at the other end you are introducing religion and tribal government, it make nonsense of the whole process. is hypocrisy and wicked of Nigeria system. E.g. a state may decide that only those who are indigene of the state can be residence, non-indigene are not welcome. if Nigeria constitution approve it so be it. Nobody will complain because both the individual state and Nigeria agreed. There is nothing wrong in sitting on a round table to discuss this issue, if it 6 or 3 zones structure government we agree on so be it. True federalism or whatsoever the better for us. Since 1960
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Kingspin(m): 6:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
QuotaSystem:

That is more reason we need to put them in writing, constitution and restructure the country so that everyone will understand how thing are been done. If I am leaving from my zone to the other side I already know what is obtain up there. I complain less. But saying that every Nigerian has the same right of movement and association to live in any part of the country and at the other end you are introducing religion and tribal government, it make nonsense of the whole process. is hypocrisy and wicked of Nigeria system. E.g. a state may decide that only those who are indigene of the state can be residence within it territory, non-indigene are not welcome, very good. if Nigeria constitution approve it so be it. Nobody will complain because both the individual state and Nigeria agreed. There is nothing wrong in sitting on a round table to discuss this issue, if it 6 or 3 zones structure government we agree on so be it. True federalism or whatsoever the better for us. Since 1960's Nigeria is under chaos due to lack of define and clear agreement/direction. We need agreement if the country want progress and peace. Lagos and Abuja belong to Yoruba and Hausa is not the issue. Nigeria is the issue.
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by skales67(m): 7:53pm On Apr 28, 2018
5thElement:

Because the phrase " He has eaten" is Yoruba.

Desperately seeking my attention? I have noticed you now.

Kindly move along junior. You are cluttering cyberspace.

And yet yoruba is the self-acclaimed "sophisticated" and "most educated" tribe under what auspices? Is it not the white man's language and formal education? See the problem with you people? You are neither here nor there. SMH!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy / FUTO Students Protest Over Exorbitant School Fees (Pictures) / Admission Into The Polytechnic Of Ibadan Part Time And Daily Part Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.