Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Kwara: The State Of My State (1) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara: The State Of My State (1) (930 Views)

Delta Women Protest Over Lockdown Extension In The State (Photos) / Just Like "O To Ge" In Kwara, The "Abba Gida Gida Abba" Music Mantra Killed / "I Generate Over 30MW From Generators Daily In My State" - Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara: The State Of My State (1) by Jimsonjaat96(m): 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
KWARA: THE STATE OF MY State (1)

Kwara State is one of the states in Nigeria that has the longest chain of ill-luck in government. Apart from the Muhammed Lawal's administration, the state has been under bad governance.
I was talking with a female friend and she was expressing her happiness that a certain Honourable Member of the House "tarred" some 5 kilometres of road. What she was calling "tarre road" is a road they just poured that black, hot liquid cooked in some big drums over. And funny enough, the road leads to his own house. (that means it's not really for the public).
Behold our chat:
Her: (photo) so this road can be this nice?! Thanks to Honourable X
Me: Which road? Are you M. A. D? Is that road?
She: If you know the road before you no go talk. At least he's working on it
Me: Working? Is that a tarred road?
She: I said something (someone) is working on a bad road you're asking if it's tarred.Check it yourself now
Me: You said he is WORKING because such projects always look like WORKS to you, Kwarans. Why would it not, how many politicians do it? But come to Osun, Lagos and some other developed states, you will know that that man is doing nothing....
Please don't abuse her.. Never blame her, I had the same spirit of stupidity in me until I visited some developed States in Nigeria.
Go to other local governments of the state, e.g Kaimah, you will see these people still conveying loads on donkeys. You will meet 4 different colonial bridges on your way. Colonial bridge in 2018?!
All those local governments occupy by Tapas, Hausa are no better. Too rural! Any surprises they stoned one aspirant of gubernatorial position 3 and half years ago? I reserve his name.
If they drill one borehole water for their constituency.. Only one, they call BBC, CNN, Al-Jazeerah to come and behold "true act of Democracy" that their people are enjoying. They make it seem more a favour than the masses' constitutional right to live a good life of standard social amenities. Kwara is the only state I know where an Honourable Member of the House listed organisation of football competition as achievement!
Furthermore, Kwara is one of the most opaque state that people don't even know their representatives (I know of a Senator who served 16 years in the Hallowed Chamber without the people knowing his name.. Well,few that know the name never recognised the man. Savage!) Ask Kwarans whatever happened to the office of the Deputy Governor- is it scrapped or their deputy governors have no names (it is a phenomenon I've been observing since early 2000) - ask Kwarans why it is taking the incumbent Governor eternity to complete a Skills Acquisition Centre? Do I even need to ask, isn't that a man who didn't know and couldn't ask why a former (the very first before him) and his wife were still collecting salaries and gratuities as Governor and First Lady of the state 4 giddy years after the former left the Office.
Ask the citizens if they know ANYTHING about their state public office holders' allowances, their state revenue nko? And I heard some people are still saying "May Baba live forever"! Chai, my people perish for the lack of Knowledge.
Kwarans, when are you going to stop your gullibility?!

Freedom For Kwara!

NOTE: This is not an open letter to ANYBODY - individual or corporate bodies, and I represent NO interest in the same vein.

Desk Of Insanity
Jimson Jaat Taofik
The M.A.D Writer
(Making A Difference
#TogetherWeCanBeMAD

1 Like

Re: Kwara: The State Of My State (1) by Treasure17(m): 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
Kwara should have developed more if not for their bad and self centered so called leaders ruling them. They only concentrate on Ilorin and abandon the oblivion places such as patigi, kayama and co.

1 Like

Re: Kwara: The State Of My State (1) by casualobserver1: 3:44am On Apr 28, 2018
The simple reality is that the Saraki family that hold sway in Kwara will never allow that stake make progress.

The Saraki family, backed by the local chiefs and Islamic clerics have created a cult of personality that keeps the state firmly in the hands of Saraki. Because Saraki has such electoral security, he sees no need to invest anything tangible into infrastructure or any projects.

He knows that the clerics and traditional rulers will still deliver elections to his political machine so he will rather pay them 10% of the treasury, use 10% on some projects here and there, and pocket the remaining 80%.

Until the people of Kwara vote out the Saraki clique, he will never change. Even one defeat electorally will make him sit up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara: The State Of My State (1) by ashjay001(m): 6:28am On Apr 28, 2018
casualobserver1:
The simple reality is that the Saraki family that hold sway in Kwara will never allow that stake make progress.

The Saraki family, backed by the local chiefs and Islamic clerics have created a cult of personality that keeps the state firmly in the hands of Saraki. Because Saraki has such electoral security, he sees no need to invest anything tangible into infrastructure or any projects.

He knows that the clerics and traditional rulers will still deliver elections to his political machine so he will rather pay them 10% of the treasury, use 10% on some projects here and there, and pocket the remaining 80%.

Until the people of Kwara vote out the Saraki clique, he will never change. Even one defeat electorally will make him sit up.

This same Saraki, that is pushing for d presidency oshocked

1 Like

Re: Kwara: The State Of My State (1) by Jimsonjaat96(m): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2018
ashjay001:

I wonder what the Fate of Nigeria will be

1 Like

Re: Kwara: The State Of My State (1) by casualobserver1: 11:01am On Apr 28, 2018
ashjay001:

I don't like his brand or politics but the fact is that Saraki politics is a product of Kwara State. Until they wise up anybody that takes over will mess them up.

Gov. Lawal that tried for the people what happened to him? They gave him red card and nothing happened. A lot of the time, people get the leadership they deserve.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara: The State Of My State (1) by Jimsonjaat96(m): 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2018
casualobserver1:

I don't like his brand or politics but the fact is that Saraki politics is a product of Kwara State. Until they wise up anybody that takes over will mess them up.

Gov. Lawal that tried for the people what happened to him? They gave him red card and nothing happened. A lot of the time, people get the leadership they deserve.

Yes, that's why I mentioned him in the first paragraph.. He tried for them
Re: Kwara: The State Of My State (1) by OnyeOGA(m): 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
Bro, no vex o.
Between Fulani and Yoruba, na who get Kwara
Cc immhotep lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara: The State Of My State (1) by LZAA: 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2018
OnyeOGA:
Bro, no vex o. Between Fulani and Yoruba, na who get Kwara Cc immhotep lzaa
grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara: The State Of My State (1) by Jimsonjaat96(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
OnyeOGA:
Bro, no vex o.
Between Fulani and Yoruba, na who get Kwara
Cc immhotep lzaa

Remember that even the Tapa, the Hausa and some minor tribes are in Kwara too. Kwara seems to be the place where River Niger jam River Benue.
I authoritatively say that it's only Ilorin that was hijacked from the Yoruba, through Aare Ona Kakanfo Afonja

(1) (Reply)

What Is PMB Waiting For To Proscribe These Terror HERDSMEN Terrorists? / Photos Of Buhari Official Visit To Jigawa State To Inaugurate People Oriented / President Buhari's Achievements On Economy, Security, Fight Against Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.