Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,678 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Slow Computer: - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Slow Computer: (634 Views)

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / 8 Tips To Speed Up A Slow Computer / How To Use Your Flash Drive As Ram [speed Up Your Slow Computer] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slow Computer: by Master6(m): 9:52pm On May 18, 2010
Help, my laptop suddenly slowed down on me, the computer usage is usually up to around 90% to 100%. What should i do, because this has happened to my previous laptop and I had to format it because I thought it was a virus. I really need help, what is the difference between a slow laptop and an archaic desktop computer.
Re: Slow Computer: by Virusman: 10:11pm On May 18, 2010
Are you sure your Harddrive doesnt have a bad sector? Have you tried another RAM on it?
Re: Slow Computer: by WarHorse1(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2010
Except for shortcuts, do not save anything on your desktop. Save thing in your drives eg C drive in My document of Document.

Saving files in your desktop makes your ram do unnecessary work when on.
Re: Slow Computer: by Master6(m): 10:06am On May 19, 2010
No I have not checked that, but there was a time the hard drive crashed and it was replaced with another one. I thank my stars that I have backed up all my data. So what do you think I should do now?
Re: Slow Computer: by Master6(m): 10:16am On May 19, 2010
I just deleted a huge file on my desktop, nearly 900mb, but I noticed no difference. What if I download an antivirus? Avast? to replace the default Norton.
Re: Slow Computer: by Virusman: 2:47pm On May 19, 2010
Norton is one one of the top 2 when it comes to antivirus but it can slow down your systems resources. You might just have to increase the memory.
Re: Slow Computer: by Master6(m): 4:50pm On May 19, 2010
I dont get you, ma guy.What do you mean increase the memory,
Re: Slow Computer: by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:56pm On May 19, 2010
dude, remove the norton with the norton removal tool, google it

then get urself another antivirus, norton is a resource hog, it slows down ur pc.

NB pls dont use kaspersky, for the simple reason that from the way u sound, your Pc is not really powerful, some of the new antivirus require like 256 mb ram to themselves only, add that to at least 512mb for the system, then other software, if u dont have 2 Gb Ram with a decent processor your Pc gonna be slow
Re: Slow Computer: by Kajool: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
slow LAPTOP performance may be caused by following reasons:
1, virus or malware, on this circumstance, you should run a full scan with your anti-virus program.
2) Too much junk files or temporary files. On this condition, suggest you optimize your computer. For optimization tool, I would like recommend ccleaner, and Cloud System Booster.

3) No Enough Memory. You need to increase the virtual memory.

4) Poor Internet Connect Speed. he slow network will lead your surfing slow, which you may feel your laptop slow. You need to speed up your internet.
You can also take the optimization tool Cloud System Booster to fix the problem for you.

It could be a hardware problem or a software problem i would recommend running:

CCleaner:
http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Malware-Bytes:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/
Good Registry Cleaner will improve your computer and Internet performance dramatically! Do all these and Perform speed here http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ once it will sounds better ...

(1) (Reply)

Can U Download A Bluetooth Software On Your Computer? / How Can One Locate Previous Topics In Nairaland / Dell Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.