Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Atiku Vows To Probe Buhari’s Arms Expenditure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vows To Probe Buhari’s Arms Expenditure (533 Views)

Afdb Probe: Buhari Celebrates Adesina / I Never Told EFCC To Stop Akpabio Probe – Buhari / I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Vows To Probe Buhari’s Arms Expenditure by gabzymedia: 1:13am On Apr 29, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari should be ready for a probe on arms purchase by his government if former Vice President Atiku Abubakar wins next year’s presidential election.

Atiku personally served notice of the probe yesterday while featuring on BBC Hausa Service.

Although the former vice president hailed the Buhari administration for checking the security challenge in the Northeast, he expressed disappointment that the insurgency has taken this long.

He wondered why the military has been unable to defeat the terror sect, Boko Haram, after much expenditure on arms.

He also shed light on his exit from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

“I want to be the president of Nigeria because I would be able to do things I could not do as vice president,” Atiku said.

“I will investigate how the government was unable to defeat Boko Haram for years. I will also investigate the procurement of arms bought by this administration.

“Eight years after, Nigerian government is still fighting Boko Haram whose members are not professionally trained.”

Atiku spoke against the background of the ongoing spat between the Presidency and the National Assembly over Buhari’s payment of $496million for the purchase of 12 Tucano military aircraft from the United States of America before seeking the consent of the National Assembly.

Both chambers of the National Assembly are up in arms against Buhari on the matter, saying his action breached Sections 80 (1-4) of the 1999 Constitution.

On anti-corruption figh, Atiku said his approach would be different from Buhari’s who, according to him, is protecting some of the people that should be prosecuted.

His words: “there are people who are untouchable, they are doing things that are not in order but they are being shielded by the government.

“If elected Nigeria’s president, my administration will not spare anybody. When I was in power, none of my relatives or friends was found wanting.”

He recalled the role he played in the establishment of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

“I was the person that sourced for the takeoff funds for the EFCC,” he said.

Asked about his purported ban by the US government from visiting the country, Atiku said: “I requested for visa, they said it is under administrative process.

“I’m not desperate to travel to America. I don’t have any investment there. The house I bought for my wife years back, she sold the house.

“I don’t have anything to do in America. It’s my tradition, I buy houses for my wives but for me, I don’t need it.”

He said the ‘ban’ would not in any way affect his ambition to rule Nigeria.

“It’s not by going to America that qualifies one to be a president; it’s not in our Constitution,” he argued.

He said youths would be favoured by him if he becomes president as 40 per cent of his ministers will be young Nigerians.

On why he dumped the APC, Atiku said: “”The APC started on a wrong footing after President Buhari assumed office.

“After 2015 general election, I met the president. I told him the activities of the party had been crippled and there was a need for restructure.

“Also, the way the government was being run; I made my suggestions but it seemed they were deemed not important to them.

“I said to him, if things continue like this, I will quit but Buhari ignored it.”

Atiku resigned from the APC last November to rejoin the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on which platform he became vice president in 1999.

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/04/29/atiku-vows-to-probe-buharis-arms-expenditure/

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: Atiku Vows To Probe Buhari’s Arms Expenditure by MrRichmond: 1:15am On Apr 29, 2018
undecided

Nice try, but no thanks!
You're a Fulani and you have already aligned yourself with them by denying they're responsible for the slaughter in Benue.
Nigerians cannot trust you to carry out any investigation into her security inadequacies because you are part of the failed system and will protect buhari and his cohorts because when push comes to shove, a Fulani will always stand by his brother...

Therefore...

Nigeria needs a new, fresh, and vibrant leader to oversee the investigation and expose and disgrace this current corrupt regime run by the Fulani cabal!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Probe Buhari’s Arms Expenditure by chumaster(m): 1:39am On Apr 29, 2018
grin grin grin

Atiku want to incur more enemies to himself

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Probe Buhari’s Arms Expenditure by wilddee(m): 5:33am On Apr 29, 2018
Unfortunately u ain't gon be d presido.
Re: Atiku Vows To Probe Buhari’s Arms Expenditure by mpianya39(m): 6:07am On Apr 29, 2018
“If elected Nigeria’s president, my administration will not spare anybody. When I was in power, none of my relatives or friends was found wanting.”

Oh boy shocked shocked see 4mat cheesy cheesy

That's remind of bubu 5k promise to jobless zoogerian yoot and we all know the outcome grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Probe Buhari’s Arms Expenditure by hardywaltz(m): 6:52am On Apr 29, 2018
Atiku u will need to go to the US to be able to get the full details

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vows To Probe Buhari’s Arms Expenditure by ClintonEmex: 6:57am On Apr 29, 2018
Nigerians voted for Buhari because they wanted anything but not Jonathan. They are about to repeat the same mistake with Atiku; why must old people rule us? Why must they oppose and change parties whenever elections is near? Why must it be the same people that we already know and have seen in the political hemisphere? Atiku will be a great risk, he just came out of APC and entered PDP, he now know that APC isn't trying cos election is near , he now know that Buhari is incompetent because election is near. We need a young, vibrant and unsoiled leader. We need a leader that is free from these old and recycled politicians that think Nigeria is their own. We need a leader that understands what modern life and politics is all about. But sadly, Nigeria is a disorganized country, they will still have their way and continue to extort the country. They will do that through APC or PDP.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Probe Buhari’s Arms Expenditure by judedave181: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2018
Birds of same feather, get to the post before making noise. And who told u u gonna become next president. Rather vote Sowere.

(1) (Reply)

Fayemi Picks APC Ticket, Floors Segun Oni, 30 Others / Fayemi Will Suffer The Worst Defeat - Fayose / Fresh Details On Sudents ‘tied To Cross And Whipped’ For Being Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.