Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos (31613 Views)

US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria / Ned Nwoko And Team Land In Asaba In 3 Private Jets (Photos) / US Ambassador To Nigeria, Presents Acceptance Letter For The Sale Of A29-Tucano. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by authority2006(m): 10:29am On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

So are the planes here now to tackle Boko Haram? grin I hope you know the earliest delivery dates for those plane is October 2020 and by then Buhari would be long gone ... I hope you know there are already rumours making rounds not the entire over 400 million dollars was paid to the US can you tell me why Buhari was in a hurry to illegally release funds for a plane who nearest delivery date is more than 2 years away which defeats your excuse that he did it it save lives from Boko Haram ( a Boko Haram Buhari even claims tibheva defeated )

PDP! Power!
If rumours has it that Buhari actually paid 400 out of 462 million dollars taken, it is giant leap for us in Nigeria.

Obj, Yaradua and Jonathan spent billions of naira on power, not an additional one megawatt was added to the national grid.

Jonathan gave 2.1 billion dollars to Dasuki to equip the Nigeria military, not single fighter jet was bought. Instead, every recognised PDP members became billionaires and millionaires overnight.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Bimpe29: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2018
You can't justify anomaly no matter how small it is. PMB has committed an infraction as far the Super Tucarno fighter jet's transaction is concerned.
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by infj: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2018
Patrinus:
Tucano ko tuscani ni.....we can't even boast of an outdated F16

Countries are buying F32 raptors and we can't even boast of F15 or F16.... simply too bad!

Those that have these jets are either financially buoyant or they make it by themselve

1 Like

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by infj: 10:39am On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

US deadline for payment shouldn't be and excuse to breach our laws , the US won't breach it's laws because another country gave it deadline so we should not

But you know how lawmakers work. If they don't get their share they'll delay the transaction

1 Like

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by contigiency(m): 10:55am On Apr 30, 2018
PMB has my full support on this one. If the house like let them throw away the budget given to them since 6 months ago. Since they want to keep the budget and be playing politics while people are dying, the president who swore oath to provide security to the citizenry will not fold his arms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Patrinus: 11:06am On Apr 30, 2018
infj:

Those that have these jets are either financially buoyant or they make it by themselve

So Nigeria is not financially buoyant enough?

If we had better leaders, we'd be making better jets!
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:09am On Apr 30, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
And the Jets will delivered in 2020 shocked
Lol
Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by mapet: 11:39am On Apr 30, 2018
agabusta:

SalamRushdie: :

So are the planes here now to tackle Boko Haram? grin I hope you know the earliest delivery dates for those plane is October 2020 and by then Buhari would be long gone ...I hope you know there are already rumoursbmaking rounds not the entire over 400 million dollars was paid to the US... can you tell me why Buhari was in a hurry to illegally release funds for a plane who nearest delivery date is more than 2 years away which defeats your excuse that he did it it save lives from Boko Haram ( a Boko Haram Buhari even claims tibheva defeated )

He already told you the US gave a deadline for payment. Why not make your findings to ascertain that from the US govt?

Seems you're about to be hitting a dead-end with this guy. For starters his argument is premised on the underlined above. That should give you an inkling into some people's level of reasoning. You will also imagine that these people understand that planes are bought based on pre-existing orders and mostly not off-the-shelf. I imagine that they do not want to know or are not willing to subject themselves to finding and understanding based on facts. All they seek to do is make dumb ascertions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by mapet: 11:42am On Apr 30, 2018
olisaemeka1:
496million dollars for 12 jets and this money was withdrawn from our excess crude accounts ....the write up here states that a jet costs about 10million dollars ....do the maths Bro ....do the maths ...
he Super Tucano costs more than $10 million each and the price can go much higher depending on the configuration.

You mean you did the math and you found it convenient to ignore this bit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by mapet: 11:44am On Apr 30, 2018
Mofe72:

Super tucano jets cost $9-$14 million.

Meaning 12 jets priced at 14 million = $168 million.

Who's the uninformed one now?

You mean the FG would have been invoiced from "google-search"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by mapet: 11:47am On Apr 30, 2018
demitola:

Patrinus: :
Tucano ko tuscani ni.....we can't even boast of an outdated F16

Countries are buying F32 raptors and we can't even boast of F15 or F16.... simply too bad!
Dont come here and be straying the thought of people who dont know much about military hardwares. What do we need "F series" for? Are we at war with other developed nations of the world that we need air power supremacy? The Super Tucano is best suitable for our kinda security challenges right now. I dont have much time to use simple language to describe its super-special usefulness.

The dilemma on NL is that while you try to argue logical, your opponent argue on every other thing but logic. Don't stress yourself, its not worth the effort.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by SalamRushdie: 11:49am On Apr 30, 2018
mapet:

Seems you're about to be hitting a dead-end with this guy. For starters his argument is premised on the underlined above. That should give you an inkling into some people's level of reasoning. You will also imagine that these people understand that planes are bought based on pre-existing orders and mostly not off-the-shelf. I imagine that they do not want to know or are not willing to subject themselves to finding and understanding based on facts. All they seek to do is make dumb ascertions

Is taking money of that magnitude from govt account without parlaimentary approval as postioned by Nigerian laws not outright theft? Yes or No?

Do you know there is a very sound reason why such a law is in place?

Are you saying Buhari can keep dipping his leprous blood stained satanic fingers into the National till as he pleases without recourse to our laws?

what is even the point of your argument sef? Buhari committed a crime against our laws no matter how nice you try to paint it.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by abeggnow: 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

So are the planes here now to tackle Boko Haram? grin I hope you know the earliest delivery dates for those plane is October 2020 and by then Buhari would be long gone ...I hope you know there are already rumoursbmaking rounds not the entire over 400 million dollars was paid to the US... can you tell me why Buhari was in a hurry to illegally release funds for a plane who nearest delivery date is more than 2 years away which defeats your excuse that he did it it save lives from Boko Haram ( a Boko Haram Buhari even claims tibheva defeated )
Nigeria paid in a hurry because the USA gave us a deafline for payment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Patrinus: 12:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
mapet:

The dilemma on NL is that while you try to argue logical, your opponent argue on every other thing but logic. Don't stress yourself, its not worth the effort.

Peeps be yarning dust and terming it logic. Ask your pal that has military knowledge what a highly advanced SAM is capable of doing to that ur surveillance aircraft.

I'll bet a lot that, that aircraft missile defense system is already obsolete(if it has any), little wonder Boko Haram would probably be shooting them down like pigeons.

FYI, F15 can be used for both surveillance and attack. Do your research.
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by SalamRushdie: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
abeggnow:

That's no excuse ..will the US govt ever break it's laws because of a deadline by another country? Hell no!!!

There are good reasons why we have those Lawson place you know , they are not there for decoration
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by mapet: 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
Krucifax:

With all due respect my friend you are very very ill informed and you are part of the problem of Nigeria.
I just want to enlighten you with two points.
Point 1. Section 50 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria expressly forbids the authorization or withdrawal of such sums of money without the input of the National Assembly.
This means President Buhari has broken the law and breached the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Point 2. The ST fighter planes in question cost a maximum of between $9 - 14 Million dollars per unit. The FG claimes they are buying between 10 and 12 units. I am sure you have a calculator. Please tell us how $14 Million x 10 or 12 equals to $495-496 Million dollars! Even factoring in kitting, maintenance,delivery and logistics the figures come no where close to what Mr President withdrew.
This is abuse of power and position. It is also corruption of the highest order and that is why Mr President and his cronies illegally bypassed the National Assembly to get the money.
Nigeria is a disgrace and people like you without facts should not be making comments as you are part of the problem confusing others that don't know the truth!

Your Point #1 is arguably rebuted by the provision of the law that gives the President executive powers to make "anticipatory budgetary spendings" in special cases within the first 6months pending the budgetary approval; provided it is not up 25% of the total budget.

Your Point #2 so stands logic on the head. You mean we will buy Tucano planes @ say $10m, $12m, $14m, $18m or whatever price you choose and that should be it? What about the weapons (guided missiles, guns and stuffs)? Are those given free? What about service agreements, stock of parts and stuffs? Do you think it stands to reason not to prepare to stock those?

....The sale of the 12 aircraft, with weapons and services, is worth $593 million, and includes thousands of bombs and rockets.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-usa/nigeria-says-u-s-agrees-delayed-593-million-fighter-plane-sale-idUSKBN1EL1EN
I will imagine that these are some of the things you should have "googled" before joining the band-wangon to make "point #s" that sort of stand logic on the head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by mapet: 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
Patrinus:

Peeps be yarning dust and terming it logic. Ask your pal that has military knowledge what a highly advanced SAM is capable of doing to that ur surveillance aircraft.

I'll bet a lot that, that aircraft missile defense system is already obsolete(if it has any), little wonder Boko Haram would probably be shooting them down like pigeons.

FYI, F15 can be used for both surveillance and attack. Do your research.

One thing I take from all your countributions tho........."A comic relief" grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by mapet: 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Is taking money of that magnitude from govt account without parlaimentary approval as postioned by Nigerian laws not outright theft? Yes or No?

Do you know there is a very sound reason why such a law is in place?

Are you saying Buhari can keep dipping his leprous blood stained satanic fingers into the National till as he pleases without recourse to our laws?

what is even the point of your argument sef? Buhari committed a crime against our laws no matter how nice you try to paint it.

From my assessment of your antecedents, I cannot even take you serious of being capable of sound logical argument. All I see you do here is lace your post with expletives and not any attempt to reason, so why waste my time with you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Patrinus: 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
mapet:

One thing I take from all your countributions tho........."A comic relief" grin grin

Please laugh away your sorrows since there's nothing forthcoming from you evidence wise that counter my comic relief. Also remember to laugh when next you're called lazy by government exploiting you.
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Neoteny(m): 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
At least it has a glass cockpit
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by mapet: 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2018
abeggnow:

SalamRushdie: :

Nope! Nigeria DID NOT pay in a hurry, but stuck to the agreed terms and deadlines,. If we do not want to continue to be #lazyNigerianYouths, then let's dig and ascertain the true position of things. As far back Nov/Dec 2017, we were all aware that negotiations was about rounding up and the terms of agreement were in public domain. Even on NL it was posted https://www.nairaland.com/4311963/fg-rejects-us-conditions-sale
So, we did know that Feb was the deadline or the deal was off....and probably for good.

Makes me wonder, this was a deal Obama put off, we had an opportunity in Trump putting it back on the table....and we think we will continue to have that "life-line"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by mapet: 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2018
Patrinus:

Please laugh away your sorrows since there's nothing forthcoming from you evidence wise that counter my comic relief. Also remember to laugh when next you're called lazy by government exploiting you.

I hear you.... ok, run along and play with your "ilks"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by deomelllo: 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
rusher14:

The Pentagon has ordered six additional Embraer/Sierra Nevada Corporation A-29 Super Tucano light attack aircraft for the Afghan Air Force (AAF), Brazilian aircraft maker Embraer Defense & Security announced in an October 25 press release.

“Production of these six new aircraft is to start immediately in Jacksonville, Florida and brings to 26 the total number of aircraft provided to the Program,” the statement reads. The U.S. Air Force has spent a total of $427 million under its so-called Light Air Support/A-29 Afghanistan Program to supply the AAF with 20 A-29 aircraft by the end of 2018. Each Super Tucano cost around $18 million.

The press release did not state a delivery date for the new A-29 Super Tucano aircraft.

https://thediplomat.com/2017/10/us-buys-6-more-light-attack-aircraft-for-afghan-air-force/

The ignorant Igbos get their upside down and outdated info from wiki.

The $18 million sef is before adding needed options like weapons from bombs to missiles, radar and avionics, training, parts and supplies and so on.

The $18 million plane could end up costing $50 million or more each by the time they add all the needed options and upgrades.

It's really a fact that we not only have lazy Nigeria youths, but we also have ignorant and illiterate Nigeria youths.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Patrinus: 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
mapet:

I hear you.... ok, run along and play with your "ilks"

Errrrh, comman beat for not hurrying to do your bidding o mighty mugu! tsk tsk 'tis the internet, you don't get to dictate what anyone does, Will stay here providing much needed comic relief till you and yours decide to have sense! #holdyourleadersaccountable #stopcheeringmediocrity
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by SalamRushdie: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
mapet:

From my assessment of your antecedents, I cannot even take you serious of being capable of sound logical argument. All I see you do here is lace your post with expletives and not any attempt to reason, so why waste my time with you?

Ofcourse you can't answer simple factual questions like your fellow zombies .... If you expect me me to support a Dullard vile man that takes money as he like from govt coffers without recourse to what our laws say then you are on your own ..

If you expect me to support an terrorists sympathizer and cold war relic like Buhari then you are on along thing..

I truly believe Buhari belongs in a cave in Torah Borah where he should be holed dodging predator drones with his fellow Islamic terrorist
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by deomelllo: 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2018
mapet:

You mean the FG would have been invoiced from "google-search"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't you want to cry for Nigeria sometimes? grin grin grin

Thank god these illiterate youths are the future of biafra and not Nigeria. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by deomelllo: 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
mapet:

That joker is an empty, shallow and unintelligent NL troll, you don't want to waste your time on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by mapet: 1:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
deomelllo:

rusher14: :

The Pentagon has ordered six additional Embraer/Sierra Nevada Corporation A-29 Super Tucano light attack aircraft for the Afghan Air Force (AAF), Brazilian aircraft maker Embraer Defense & Security announced in an October 25 press release.

“Production of these six new aircraft is to start immediately in Jacksonville, Florida and brings to 26 the total number of aircraft provided to the Program,” the statement reads. The U.S. Air Force has spent a total of $427 million under its so-called Light Air Support/A-29 Afghanistan Program to supply the AAF with 20 A-29 aircraft by the end of 2018. Each Super Tucano cost around $18 million.

The press release did not state a delivery date for the new A-29 Super Tucano aircraft.

https://thediplomat.com/2017/10/us-buys-6-more-light-attack-aircraft-for-afghan-air-force/

The ignorant Igbos get their upside down and outdated info from wiki.

The $18 million sef is before adding needed options like weapons from bombs to missiles, radar and avionics, training, parts and supplies and so on.

The $18 million plane could end up costing $50 million or more each by the time they add all the needed options and upgrades.

It's really a fact that we not only have lazy Nigeria youths, but we also have ignorant and illiterate Nigeria youths.

.....and this is when they have to deal with something basic. I will imagine that it will be rocket science for them to be able to "operate" in a basic reasoning capabilities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Franzinni: 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:
The useless house of assembly that refused to pass the budget summited since 2017 wants to government to wait till they approve money for this super aircrafts for the decimination of terrorists even though there is was a dead line set by US government. They will rather shout BH are killing our people forgetting they are playing politics with the budget and will never tell us how much they really gulp in a month as legislatures.
I commend the Buhari government for taking the bull by the horn.
B
Argue with your phone!
for your info the jet is to be delivered in 2020 so how does the urgency make any sense
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by Zeroid105: 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
agabusta:

Defence decisions are taken strategically not by emotions gotten from movies.

Based on cost and other factors, the Tucanos are strategically more important to Nigeria at this time.

The plane is especially good for training and security, surveillance, reconnaissance and counter-insurgency missions.

The armaments the plane carries are quite impressive.

The plane will be a good economic/strategic choice to patrol the vast areas of land in the NE with very modern offensive weapons.

What do you think is the cost of blazing an F15 or F16 to fight an imaginary enemy? Are they not primarily for aerial combat? Are we planning to combat boko haram in the air or from the air? you lots will just be throwing words carelessly up and down.

Your response is super!

2 Likes

Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by infj: 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
Patrinus:

So Nigeria is not financially buoyant enough?

If we had better leaders, we'd be making better jets!

Yh Nigeria is not.
Yh I won't dispute that if we had better leaders we'd be making our own jets and even sell to others
Re: A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos by CaptainStephen(m): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
agabusta:

Who is holding you back from writing your own?
learn to mind your business alaye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Made A Surprise Visit To Troops In Zamfara State. / Titilayo Laoye-Tomori Visits Isiaka Adeleke's Family (Photos) / Residents Flee Numan, Adamawa Over Soldiers & Fulani Clash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.