Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:31 AM

Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos (44240 Views)

Cut And Join Danfo Spotted In Lagos (pic/vid) / Kenyans Mock Lagos Danfo (PHOTOS) / End Of Danfo Buses As First Set Of Brand New Buses Arrive - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:35pm On May 16, 2018
ekanDamie:
Am presently in one and yes dey all make a stop at that same gas station opposite MFM.
Im always scared of entering it cos i feel its
not just because gas is highly explosive

petrol is not explosive abi

But because of the stack illiterates that
conttoling such a delicate tech.
Dey hardly do any maintanance on dier vehicles
How den will dey den ever know wen this cylinders are undergoing wear n needs to be maintained?
Ww just begging for Gods mercy really
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by Bigbooks: 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pls do anyone as idea where I can convert my v6 into gas. Please help, too many fuel sicker car.
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by tck2000(m): 7:17pm On Jan 15, 2020
SalamRushdie:
Definitely a mobile bombs waitng to happen ...Bad call..

I also know this is an ad
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by HenryWilliams(m): 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
[quote author=SULEIMANAKOREDE post=67216972].
Thanks for the post and your enormous interest in Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) as a vehicular fuel.Actually this project began in Benin city,few years ago.Picture you posted showed a bus which was converted to run on CNG about 4 years ago.It is now a old bus and the CNG system is still working properly.Meanwhile,this shows the level of ruggedness of the CNG Cylinder and how safe the system is in extreme conditions.

Most importantly,before you can run your vehicle on CNG,you need to get CNG kit/Cylinder installed on it.(we call it CNG Conversion)

Advantages:
CNG is very safe for these 2 reasons:
--Natural gas is lighter than air,so in the event of leakage, it disperses quickly into atmosphere.
--The cylinder is over 12mm thickness and 100% hi-tech steel mold,this feature makes it very rugged and safe against any impacts due to accidents.

CNG is flexible:
--Vehicle can either run on petrol or CNG
--Vehicle can either run on diesel or CNG

CNG is economical:
---About 50% savings on fuel cost is guaranteed when using CNG as against petrol especially.

No Vehicle Modification:
--CNG kit/cylinder is simply considered to be an add on device because original design of the vehicle is not affected after installation.
--CNG kit components are installed in such away that the original positions of OEM parts is maintained.No obstruction to routine maintenance.

Maintenance-Free:
--If the connections of the CNG kit Components is not disturbed during conventional vehicle maintenance,CNG kit installed can
last for so many years and thus requiring zero maintenance.

It is Nigerian's Own Gas:
---Natural gas our local gas and it is in abundant reserve(180 trillion cf),we do not need to ship it outside the country for refining.
Thereby saving our foreign reserve.

Pls feel free to ask me more questions about CNG conversion.

Can you convert Camry Muscle 09 and the cost implication?
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by skywalker240(m): 5:54am On Jul 07, 2022
leonn:
This technology has being rocking in Benin city over 4years now....no news of explosion yet
Does nipco gas filling station opposite PZ junction sapele road does something like this?
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by skywalker240(m): 5:58am On Jul 07, 2022
[quote author=HenryWilliams post=85832482][/quote]
Hello Sir, does that filling station opposite PZ junction sapele road does this service?
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by skywalker240(m): 5:59am On Jul 07, 2022
eghuan1:

I tire o. Something wey Benin taxi drivers have been using close to 10 years now
Greetings

That filling station opposite PZ junction sapele road does this right?
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by eghuan1(m): 6:07am On Jul 07, 2022
skywalker240:

Greetings

That filling station opposite PZ junction sapele road does this right?

Exactly.

CNG station.

There are about five such stations in Benin City alone.
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by skywalker240(m): 10:13am On Jul 07, 2022
eghuan1:

Exactly.

CNG station.

There are about five such stations in Benin City alone.
That's the only one I've seen, can you please name the other 4 and where they are located?

Thanks
Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by eghuan1(m): 11:29am On Jul 07, 2022
skywalker240:

That's the only one I've seen, can you please name the other 4 and where they are located?

Thanks

One at Oluku side, another at Aduwawa area then one at second East circular road

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos by skywalker240(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2022
eghuan1:

One at Oluku side, another at Aduwawa area then one at second East circular road
Thanks alot uvwese

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage / Meet Obi Okeke, Who Has Sold Over 39 Luxury Cars To Floyd Mayweather / Locally Fabricated Shuttle Bus From Unizik(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.