Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement (4634 Views)

Court Orders Buhari To Prosecute Lawmakers Over Alleged Stealing Of N481bn...... / I Gave Orders As General, But As Civilian President I Receive Orders– Buhari / Court Orders Buhari, Osinbajo To Tell Nigerians Names Of All Suspected Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
Whilst addressing journalists at the Rose Garden Trump confdently asserts "it will happen"

The contrast between the two leaders is one who is proud of his country and fghts for its interest in contrast to a president who is a perfect embodiment of the term "analogue"
He is talking about farmming

There is a simple fact about agriculture when it is done properly it does not create jobs ,it kills jobs What 10 men with tractors can do in 1 day 1000 men cannot do in one month.

The jobs for our teeming youth cannot be in agriculture .
Good agriculture creates cheap food which is very good but not jobs.

Buhari simply has no ideas of value

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:
Whilst addressing journalists at the Rose Garden Trump confdently asserts "it will happen"

The ontrast between the two leaders is one who is proud of his country and fghts for its interest in contrast to a president who is a perfect embodiment of the term "analogue"

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by firstolalekan(m): 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:

The ontrast between the two leaders is one who is proud of his country and fghts for its interest in contrast to a president who is a perfect embodiment of the term "analogue"
Rubbish blogger

So Buhari now take orders from Trump abi?

Hungry man.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
Trump talked forcefully about barriers to trade?

Now what items does the US want to sell us that we could possibly put up barrers to?

Well certainly not helicopters

More like Rice and chicken and Maize so that we might practically forget about developing those in our country?
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2018
firstolalekan:

Rubbish blogger

So Buhari now take orders from Trump abi?

Hungry man.
Blooger?
Hungry?

I am not a blogger

Evidence that I am?

Hungry? You are projecting your eternal problem.

What has hunger got to here other than it is always with you.

Hunger will never leave you till you die

Yes Buharii has just been ordered to go back to tht deal which he rejected and you will see him do so like a dog return to ts vomit

5 Likes

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2018
Buhari is absolutely petrified of the US because he believes they overthrew him or aided his overthrow the last time.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
Mark my words you can even say you heard it here first.
What I am interested in is the dialogue the will use to reverse themselves when the time comes.

Remember Obasanjo has already said it was a wrong move and the main fear these guys have of Obasanjo is his closeness to the US .

Buhari will fall in line ,just like he will fall in line and accept Morocco into ECOWAS

2 Likes

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
Buhari must have used the word "grateful" aat least a doxen times. What a cringe worthy perfomance.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by Nigeriabiafra80: 7:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
I need to go closer to my television after putting the equaliser to vocal to hear buhari speak honestly he is right calling us lazy youth ,I can't believe I wasted my precious time listening to him,garbage Shehu sitting behind Nigeria journalists asking questions to make sure they ask the right question,trump refuse to apologise about his statement about shithole saying there are country in a very bad shape

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by adegeye38(m): 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:

The contrast between the two leaders is one who is proud of his country and fghts for its interest in contrast to a president who is a perfect embodiment of the term "analogue"

There is a simple fact about agriculture when it is done properly it does not create jobs ,it kills jobs What 10 men with tractors can do in 1 day 1000 men cannot do in one month.

Netherlands makes more money from agriculture than we make from oil, and the country is not as big as Niger state,

agriculture has chains that are linked everywhere and can create millions of job across all platforms if utilized

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
adegeye38:
Netherlands makes more money from agriculture than we make from oil, and the country is not as big as Niger state,

agriculture has chains that are linked everywhere and can create millions of job across all platforms if utilized
I did not say we cannot make money money does not equal jobs. This is a well researched and documented fact

In fact the more efficient an industry the fewer jobs in it .

Yes a few people make money from agriculture in Netherlnds but the question of chains creating millions of jobs is wishful thinking

Our people especially those who will lose jobs to mechanized farming are largely uunskilled and middle aged so that means difficult to train

many are illiterate and can't even drive a car not to talk of use a computer or electronic gadget.

When Bill Gates tlked of Human Capital development that was the deal.

Hoping to grow employment from agriculture is day dreaming

The usual trend with efficient farming is URBAN DRIFT. ruraal jobs are lost and hopefully urban job created, but we are talking a migration of illiterate unskilled millions in our case.

So we have an even larger army of gala and LaCasera sellers

We need jobs in High value addition industries i.e manufacturing the things we consume like cars, furniture, electronics and construction not putting cashews and yams in cartons for export

4 Likes

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by JSMMUYIWA(m): 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nigeriabiafra80:
I need to go closer to my television after putting the equaliser to vocal to hear buhari speak honestly he is right calling us lazy youth ,I can't believe I wasted my precious time listening to him,garbage Shehu sitting behind Nigeria journalists asking questions to make sure they ask the right question,trump refuse to apologise about his statement about shithole saying there are country in a very bad shape
Seriously?cheesy
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by Nigeriabiafra80: 7:59pm On Apr 30, 2018
JSMMUYIWA:

Seriously?cheesy
honestly buhari deserve some accolades for deceiving Nigeria youth
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by JSMMUYIWA(m): 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:
I did not say we cannot make money money does not equal jobs. This is a well researched and documented fact

Yes a few people make money from agriculture in Netherlnds but the question of chains creating millions of jobs is wishful thinking

Our people especially those who will lose jobs to mechanized farming are largely uunskilled and middle aged so that means difficult to train

many are illiterate and can't even drive a car not to talk of use a computer or electronic gadget.

Well, Agriculture is not bad.
I am a medical student hoping one day to own a farm of my own.
But presently government isn't encouraging Agriculture in any form in my area.
We shouldn't import food from USA by any form.
Our Work force is enough to do that.
Agricultural products should be the last thing to hear our President is on tour for.
I do hope he makes a better deal, with the tour.

1 Like

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by JSMMUYIWA(m): 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nigeriabiafra80:
honestly buhari deserve some accolades for deceiving Nigeria youth
Sincerely speaking,I just hope he can just get it right.
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by CSTR1003: 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:
Trump talked forcefully about barriers to trade?

Now what items does the US want to sell us that we could possibly put up barrers to?

Well certainly not helicopters

More like Rice and chicken and Maize so that we might practically forget about developing those in our country?

Importing agricultural produce from the US would be a disaster for our economy.

This is a where a smart president comes in.
You go back home, do the trade that you are interested in like military weapons sale, and then keep postponing the ones you don't like.

Is buhari that smart?

1 Like

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
JSMMUYIWA:

Well, Agriculture is not bad.
I am a medical student hoping one day to own a farm of my own.
But presently government isn't encouraging Agriculture in any form in my area.
We shouldn't import food from USA by any form.
Our Work force is enough to do that.
Agricultural products should be the last thing to hear our President is on tour for.
I do hope he makes a better deal, with the tour.
I did not say agriculture is bad
I am talking aggregate. At the level of national planning for a person who sees the big picture.

The reality is we live in a globalized world .When you sign trade deals you have to open your markets.

You will find that imported chicken arrives in the market for half your cost of production? How do you compete against that if you don't see the big picture.

You are competing against a farmer with investment of $100 million who has microbiologist Phds and Vet doctors on his payroll.

One trade barrier is the so called "intellectual property" protection of seeds like maize seeds produced by US companies.

There are maybe 5 companies in the world that OWN these seeds. They sell them to you you grow and harvest. At the end of the year if you try to keep any and replant they sue you.

There is a lot to the internationl politics of agriculture. Why is imported chicken so cheap>? Because of government subsidies nd farmers who have really deep pockets. If you are farming wth 50 million naira and your country does not protect the borders you will struggle. Now how many people ven have 5 million?
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
CSTR1003:

Importing agricultural produce from the US would be a disaster for our economy.

This is a where a smart president comes in.
You go back home, do the trade that you are interested in like military weapons sale, and then keep postponing the ones you don't like.

Is buhari that smart?
Part of it is smartness and part of it is loving your country.
Knowing what is in your interest

The reality is there is not any trade deal that we can even do with the US . They are totally useless to us. There are cheaper and better deals to any and everything they have to offer

We should stick to China,and other Asian countries.

I think Buhari is really scared of the US.

In terms of military cooperation we should be a client state of more than one country for military trade particularly Russia
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by JSMMUYIWA(m): 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:

I did not say agriculture is bad
I am talking aggregate. At the level of national planning for a person who sees the big picture.

The reality is we live in a globalized world .When you sign trade deals you have to open your markets.

You will find that imported chicken arrives in the market for half your cost of production? How do you compete against that if you don't see the big picture.

You are competing against a farmer with investment of $100 million who has microbiologist Phds and Vet doctors on his payroll.

One trade barrier is the so called "intellectual property" protection of seeds like maize seeds produced by US companies.

There are maybe 5 companies in the world that OWN these seeds. They sell them to you you grow and harvest. At the end of the year if you try to keep any and replant they sue you.

There is a lot to the internationl politics of agriculture. Why is imported chicken so cheap>? Because of government subsidies nd farmers who have really deep pockets. If you are farming wth 50 million naira and your country does not protect the borders you will struggle. Now how many people ven have 5 million?

Of course, I totally agree with you on this.
We have more than enough labour force to handle agricultural productions,if and only if government can help encourage us, with resources made available in kinds rather importing from the Americans.
Such agreement can only boost the Americans.
In no way, do this better us as a country. Rather our money values drop more.
I really do hope, this aren't the main reason of the tour.
Purely, attempted sales of Agricultural products to us, is the least of our worries.
I hope Buhari make claims for us in a smarter way, rather than we being the one to do the paying while our naira falls.
Nigerian Youths are really underemployed.
I pray the euphoria of the meeting does not make Our President forget to make claim for us in critical sectors.
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by docadams: 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
@aribisala, I am forced to ask where you got this potpourri of balderdash. If you watched the press conference at all your attention must have be diverted by something you were sucking on the side. Don't run amock trying to please yourself. Youtube replay of what transpired will save you the agony of conjuring something that never was and never will be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
There just is not enough tme to respond to every dunce
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by fyneguy: 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2018
adegeye38:

Aribisala is very ignorant. He thinks agriculture ends on the farm. He has no idea of the value-chain.

So much for intellectually-lazy Nigerian youth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by JSMMUYIWA(m): 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
fyneguy:

Aribisala is very ignorant. He thinks agriculture ends on the farm. He has no idea of the value-chain.

So much for intellectually-lazy Nigerian youth.
I really want you to explain detailed.
How do you mean by value chain here?
We have large labour force.
Can't government provide local production?
Or what's the benefit of importing food(that we can produce) into our country?
What benefits do we derive as a Nation,aside we having a naira value to fall more?
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by obaataaokpaewu: 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2018
Trump did a great job marketing their products to Buhari for Buhari to buy more hardwares. He also said, "US is working to sell more of their agricultural produces to Nigeria ".
And Buhari couldn't market our crude oil to him grin grin grin
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by firstolalekan(m): 9:21pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:
Blooger?
Hungry?

I am not a blogger

Evidence that I am?

Hungry? You are projecting your eternal problem.

What has hunger got to here other than it is always with you.

Hunger will never leave you till you die

Yes Buharii has just been ordered to go back to tht deal which he rejected and you will see him do so like a dog return to ts vomit
You'll forever remain hungry till eternity.
Senseless hungry retárd making up senseless story just to get attention.
Woe betide you and entire generation.
Olóríbu ọmọ ofo jatijati.
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
firstolalekan:

You'll forever remain hungry till eternity.
Senseless hungry retárd making up senseless story just to get attention.
Woe betide you and entire generation.
Olóríbu ọmọ ofo jatijati.
tututut. Raw nerve?

Hunger is your shadow. Following you till you die . You are intimate best friends for life
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by MistadeRegal(m): 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
undecided
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by maisauki: 10:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:

d difference between u and an American is while one abuses, downgrade his president, d other deify, reverence him

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by adegeye38(m): 10:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
aribisala0:

The usual trend with efficient farming is URBAN DRIFT. ruraal jobs are lost and hopefully urban job created, but we are talking a migration of illiterate unskilled millions in our case.

So we have an even larger army of gala and LaCasera sellers

We need jobs in High value addition industries i.e manufacturing the things we consume like cars, furniture, electronics and construction not putting cashews and yams in cartons for export
agriculture does not end in farming, the value chain it creates is extensive, one of the the key chain would be manufacturing, juices, chocolates, milk, ice cream, chocolates, wines, cereals, flour, bread, cakes , pastries, drinks, all seek their raw materials from agriculture and Nigeria currently spends billions of dollars to import this items yearly, we evn spend billions of naira to import palm oil, tomatoes, eggs, frozen chicken and turkey, 100 of billions of naira, not to talk of palm oil that we now important, malaysia now makes billions from palm oil.

Now if the billions of dollars spent in importing this items yearly is spent on developing agriculture, do u know, where the billions of dollars will go to?

yes, the Nigerian people

Not to talk of more factories that will spring up

Nigeria has 11 million hectres of farmable land, and we are only using 250,000 to farm so we have not even started at all

now the money made from agriculture can also be used to invest in other sectors, like power, infrastructures and industries

things will be very much cheaper and there will be plenty

Agriculture still remain, the oldest and the best form of generating income

1 Like

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by aribisala0(m): 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
adegeye38:
agriculture does not end in farming, the value chain it creates is extensive, one of the the key chain would be manufacturing, juices, chocolates, milk, ice cream, chocolates, wines, cereals, flour, bread, cakes , pastries, drinks, all seek their raw materials from agriculture and Nigeria currently spends billions of dollars to import this items yearly, we evn spend billions of naira to import palm oil, tomatoes, eggs, frozen chicken and turkey, 100 of billions of naira, not to talk of palm oil that we now important, malaysia now makes billions from palm oil.

Now if the billions of dollars spent in importing this items yearly is spent on developing agriculture, do u know, where the billions of dollars will go to?

yes, the Nigerian people

Not to talk of more factories that will spring up

Nigeria has 11 million hectres of farmable land, and we are only using 250,000 to farm so we have not even started at all

now the money made from agriculture can also be used to invest in other sectors, like power, infrastructures and industries

things will be very much cheaper and there will be plenty

Agriculture still remain, the oldest and the best form of generating income

Value chain sounds good in textbooks. The reality of real life is value chain requires skilled workers and technology as welll as nfrastructure.

Tell me how many third world countries have broken out of poverty with agriculture ?? Leave all that talk for the seminars and lecture theatre and welcome to reality. What happens to all the produce rotting in our farms that fail to enter the so called value chain??

The only value chain you see in third World countries is packing bananas cashews groundnuts coffee in cartons and loading them into refrigerated containers . How many of those do we need to sell to pay for one of those new helicopters.
Oldest and best form of generating income? What do you mean by "BEST" People just throw words around how is agriculture better than selliing Military helicopters IF you know how to make them.
The Nestles and Cadburys of ths world are not African and they are the ones that call the shots. We have not organized ourselves into companies like KRAFT and UNILEVER and so on who have the ear of their presidents and advise them on trade deals

My point is Agriculture cannot employ our millions of young people and give them good income. It is slave labour for peanuts . Not only can it not employ them but if we do not develop our own manufaacturing we would continue to import shoes and clothes and cars and tyres and paper and hair like we do now .

The question is with what will we pay for our imports? Yams and onions?

Even agriculture requires KNOWLEDGE and CAPITAL which means consolidation not fragmentation. It means that many small players would be wiped out or you cannot compete with cheap imports. Ask any poultry farmer how much it costs to produce a chicken in Nigeeria. In the US and Brazil they would produce for a quarter of that because you have farmers with $100 million capital growing corm on land the size of Ikeja and Surulere next to their poultry.

We live in a globalized world and if Buhari signss the proposed trade deal we just cannot compete with our hoes and shovels.

Our farmers would just have to surrender

The only way those billions spent importing is to be spent at home is when we organize into big companies . Without that forget aboout farming and even with that we will make money but lose jobs.

Our people are very low skilled and poorly educated

1 Like

Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
My brother, have u done proper research on how agriculture can be a very big blessing in disguise to the nation?
Ur analysis is flawed because u wrote from Ur opinion instead of doing some research on the range of agriculture.
Mind u, I'm not supporting any politician, just saying the obvious.
My reason for commenting is because...
All I see daily on Nairaland is hate, pains, hypocrisies, and ignorance.

Easterners waking up to curse westerners and vice versa.

Some even spill over their frustrations on peoples opinion here.
Just watch how some people will pour out their frustration on me for saying the truth.
Re: Trump Orders Buhari To Go Back Home And Sign Rejected Trade Agreement by Vickygirk(f): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
kingkakaone:
My brother, have u done proper research on how agriculture can be a very big blessing in disguise to the nation?
Ur analysis is flawed because u wrote from Ur opinion instead of doing some research on the range of agriculture.
Mind u, I'm not supporting any politician, just saying the obvious.
My reason for commenting is because...
All I see daily on Nairaland is hate, pains, hypocrisies, and ignorance.

Easterners waking up to curse westerners and vice versa.

Some even spill over their frustrations on peoples opinion here.
Just watch how some people will pour out their frustration on me for saying the truth.

no, that dude aribisala has a point. just try and digest everything he wrote without any form of bias.
if you try to counter him be realistic and also provide valid points. let's have an interactive session.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anonymous Hacks DSTV And Gotv. All Stations Now Showing. Check / Igbos Richest In Africa, Per Capita. Facts Don't Lie / Buhari Settles On Consensus: His Candidate Is In Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.