Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

IS THIS TRUE? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IS THIS TRUE? (4830 Views)

Covid-19 - Is This True About Resumption Date? / Is This True About First Class Students? / Is This True About Private Xtian Universities Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IS THIS TRUE? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
Faculty Board of Studies,
Faculty of Science,
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Ile-Ife

Dear Sirs/Madams,

A Clarion Call For An Ad hoc Independent Enquiry into the Activities of the Acting HoD (Dr. O. P. Layeni) of the Department of Mathematics

Permit me to use this medium to intimate you about the happenings in the Department of Mathematics, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, through this introduction and the attached letters to this mail, and the need to address the ugly trends through an Independent Enquiry.

I am writing you on this matter having patiently waited for almost a year (during which I silently endured victimizations and intimidations from various quarters in the Department of Mathematics) for an Independent Ad hoc Investigative Committee to look into the matters raised in all my letters on the happenings in the Department.

It should be put on record that the Department of Mathematics had earlier set up an Ad hoc Committee (to investigate my conducts as the Lecturer-in-charge of MTH 301 during 2016/2017 Harmattan Semester) but the Ad hoc Committee (in her infinite wisdom) did not invite me to any of her meetings (if there was any meeting at all) nor asked me to confirm (or even deny) any written and verbal statements on the matters being investigated. All the same a report (submitted and adopted by the powers that be in the Department of Mathematics) was said to have been written on me under the supervisory guidance of the Acting HoD, Dr. O. P. Layeni, while the same Committee was later asked to go ahead (by the Acting HoD, Dr. O. P. Layeni) to investigate allegations leveled (by me) against the Acting HoD and some of the Committee’s own members. That was how an Acting HoD and some Academic Staff (Members of the Department of Mathematics) became the judge and jury (respectively) in their own cases? This is what we were expected to accept in the Department of Mathematics as Justice and Fairness.

Such were their frantic moves made to discredit my claims (which they already know are supported with hardcopy-proofs (See Other Attached Letters)) and to sweep away the memory of un-academic activities of some Academic Staff (Members of the Department of Mathematics) bothering on;

(a) Non-attendance of classes for a whole semester (until the last three (3) days of the last week of Lectures) by Dr. G. Akinbo (in MTH 405);

(b) Non-teaching and non-examination of Course Outline by Mr. K. A. Olurode (in MTH 318);

(c) Teaching and Administering of Test during Lecture-free Week by Dr. G. Akinbo (in MTH 405) and Dr. O. O. Fabelurin;

(d) Non-availabilty of the Lecturer-in-charge at Examination Hall for her Examination without any permission by Mrs. S. O. Ezeah (in STT 201);

(e) Shifting the venue of an Examination without recourse to the Director of Academic Affairs (leading to a registered student for the Course missing the Examination) by Dr. O. P. Layeni (in STT 201);

(f) Non-reportage of the non-availabilty of Lecturer-in-charge at Examination Hall to the appropriate authority by Dr. O. P. Layeni (in STT 201);

(g) Setting a correct question but with a wrong answer and not being able to supply a correct answer during and after the Large Service Course Coordination by Dr. O. P. Layeni (in MTH 201, coordinated by Dr. T. G. Jaiyeola);

(h) Marking of MTH 201 students’ scripts using a solution of a question that was either wrong or has not been verified to be correct by members of the Coordination Team till date (by Dr. T. G. Jaiyeola (as the Coordinator of the Course) and Dr. O. P. Layeni (as the Lecturer with the wrong solution))

(i) Requesting Student to Submit Medical Reports after Missing 60 % of Course Instructions in MTH 405 by Dr. O. P. Layeni and Dr. G. Akinbo;

(j) Hiding of information on his directive and endorsement of my activities and consequent victimization on the Usage of University Regulations Concerning 75 % Minimum Class Attendance in the Course Instructions of MTH 301 During 2016/2017 Harmattan Semester by Dr. O. P. Layeni;

As a way of fighting back at me (for my insistence on employing the University Regulations on the Conduct of Examinations and in highlighting the above strange and un-academic activities of these Academic Staff members who were duly reported to him), the Acting HoD, Dr. O. P. Layeni, and these Academic Staff members

(i)removed me as the Coordinator of a 300-Level Course (MTH 318) during the just concluded 2016/2017 Rain Semester, giving no reason whatsoever for it;

(ii) queried me (not less than twenty times in two months of the just concluded 2016/2017 Rain Semester) on any frivolous matter from anybody (even if the person obviously went out of his way);

(iii) turned the monthly Department of Mathematics Board of Examiners’ Meeting to a venue for discussing what strategy they wanted to employ to “silence Dr. O. O. Oyadare,” in order not to allow the contents of my letters to see the light of the day;

(iv)forcefully withdrew MTH 405 students’ scripts from me and handed them to a co-Lecturer who did not attend to his own half of the Course (until the last three days of the 2016/2017 Rain Semester Lecture Period when the students were rushed through a photocopied handwritten Lecture Note by this co-Lecturer and his Test for the Course conducted during the University Approved Lecture-Free Week);

(v) degraded me to taking only Tutorials of Year-One Courses (as from the beginning of the present 2017/2018 Academic Session) in order to reduce my access to their activities;

(vi)refused to allocate Undergraduate students to me for Project Supervision (as from the beginning of the present 2017/2018 Academic Session);

(vii)refused to allocate any Postgraduate course to me to teach or any Postgraduate student to supervise (in a period of more than two (2) Years of being a Lecturer I in the University and more than two (2) Years after the completion of my Ph. D in the fields of Harmonic Analysis, Representation Theory and Geometry).

I may not be surprised if I am eventually asked to vacate my present office-space for an “appropriate Tutor’s corner” among the Department’s Postgraduate students.

The latest story being peddled around (after the permutation of a list of stories compiled for that purpose) is that “Dr. O. O. Oyadare’s mental health needs to be ascertained.” I am very happy to tell you that I am willing to again submit the hardcopy-proofs of all my claims as listed from (a) to (j) above (and as explained in the other attached letters to this mail) to the Faculty of Science Board of Studies and ready to submit myself for any medical evaluation by the University Authority.

I am simply and humbly asking for a Faculty of Science Ad hoc Investigative Committee, (which I believe should consist, but not limited to, all Professors in the Department of Mathematics, for their expert contributions on the technical aspects of my submissions), having had nothing to hide in my conducts, in order for this independent committee to take an unbiased look into the matters raised in my letters, all of which are now attached to this mail for your personal perusal and afford the Faculty of Science to make an informed decision on the matter.

I am very confident of the integrity of members of the Faculty of Science Board of Studies and that my call will be heeded, as the Faculty of Science had earlier in 2015 rescued my promotion to Lecturer I from being turned down due to the Department of Mathematics’ 2014 unilateral decision (under the Acting Headship of Dr. K. A. Olapade) to strike my job-entry publications out of my CV (thus denying me a well-deserved promotion in 2014) and the Department of Mathematics’ 2015 subsequent clandestine submission to the Faculty of Science that I came into the job (of a Lecturer II) with just one (1) job-entry publication, until the then Dean of Faculty of Science (after an Independent Enquiry into the matter) discovered the plot and asked the Department of Mathematics to formally apologise for deceiving the Faculty Review Panel in my case. The records of their failed attempts at blackmailing my personality are intact and may easily be checked in the Faculty Office.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Olufemi O. OYADARE

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2018
cc lalastica please put this on the front page

funlo2017:
Faculty of Science,
Ile-Ife

Dear Sirs/Madams,

A Clarion Call For An Ad hoc Independent Enquiry into the Activities of the Acting HoD (Dr. O. P. Layeni) of the Department of Mathematics

Permit me to use this medium to intimate you about the happenings in the Department of Mathematics, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, through this introduction and the attached letters to this mail, and the need to address the ugly trends through an Independent Enquiry.

I am writing you on this matter having patiently waited for almost a year (during which I silently endured victimizations and intimidations from various quarters in the Department of Mathematics) for an Independent Ad hoc Investigative Committee to look into the matters raised in all my letters on the happenings in the Department.

It should be put on record that the Department of Mathematics had earlier set up an Ad hoc Committee (to investigate my conducts as the Lecturer-in-charge of MTH 301 during 2016/2017 Harmattan Semester) but the Ad hoc Committee (in her infinite wisdom) did not invite me to any of her meetings (if there was any meeting at all) nor asked me to confirm (or even deny) any written and verbal statements on the matters being investigated. All the same a report (submitted and adopted by the powers that be in the Department of Mathematics) was said to have been written on me under the supervisory guidance of the Acting HoD, Dr. O. P. Layeni, while the same Committee was later asked to go ahead (by the Acting HoD, Dr. O. P. Layeni) to investigate allegations leveled (by me) against the Acting HoD and some of the Committee’s own members. That was how an Acting HoD and some Academic Staff (Members of the Department of Mathematics) became the judge and jury (respectively) in their own cases? This is what we were expected to accept in the Department of Mathematics as Justice and Fairness.

Such were their frantic moves made to discredit my claims (which they already know are supported with hardcopy-proofs (See Other Attached Letters)) and to sweep away the memory of un-academic activities of some Academic Staff (Members of the Department of Mathematics) bothering on;

(a) Non-attendance of classes for a whole semester (until the last three (3) days of the last week of Lectures) by Dr. G. Akinbo (in MTH 405);

(b) Non-teaching and non-examination of Course Outline by Mr. K. A. Olurode (in MTH 318);

(c) Teaching and Administering of Test during Lecture-free Week by Dr. G. Akinbo (in MTH 405) and Dr. O. O. Fabelurin;

(d) Non-availabilty of the Lecturer-in-charge at Examination Hall for her Examination without any permission by Mrs. S. O. Ezeah (in STT 201);

(e) Shifting the venue of an Examination without recourse to the Director of Academic Affairs (leading to a registered student for the Course missing the Examination) by Dr. O. P. Layeni (in STT 201);

(f) Non-reportage of the non-availabilty of Lecturer-in-charge at Examination Hall to the appropriate authority by Dr. O. P. Layeni (in STT 201);

(g) Setting a correct question but with a wrong answer and not being able to supply a correct answer during and after the Large Service Course Coordination by Dr. O. P. Layeni (in MTH 201, coordinated by Dr. T. G. Jaiyeola);

(h) Marking of MTH 201 students’ scripts using a solution of a question that was either wrong or has not been verified to be correct by members of the Coordination Team till date (by Dr. T. G. Jaiyeola (as the Coordinator of the Course) and Dr. O. P. Layeni (as the Lecturer with the wrong solution))

(i) Requesting Student to Submit Medical Reports after Missing 60 % of Course Instructions in MTH 405 by Dr. O. P. Layeni and Dr. G. Akinbo;

(j) Hiding of information on his directive and endorsement of my activities and consequent victimization on the Usage of University Regulations Concerning 75 % Minimum Class Attendance in the Course Instructions of MTH 301 During 2016/2017 Harmattan Semester by Dr. O. P. Layeni;

As a way of fighting back at me (for my insistence on employing the University Regulations on the Conduct of Examinations and in highlighting the above strange and un-academic activities of these Academic Staff members who were duly reported to him), the Acting HoD, Dr. O. P. Layeni, and these Academic Staff members

(i)removed me as the Coordinator of a 300-Level Course (MTH 318) during the just concluded 2016/2017 Rain Semester, giving no reason whatsoever for it;

(ii) queried me (not less than twenty times in two months of the just concluded 2016/2017 Rain Semester) on any frivolous matter from anybody (even if the person obviously went out of his way);

(iii) turned the monthly Department of Mathematics Board of Examiners’ Meeting to a venue for discussing what strategy they wanted to employ to “silence Dr. O. O. Oyadare,” in order not to allow the contents of my letters to see the light of the day;

(iv)forcefully withdrew MTH 405 students’ scripts from me and handed them to a co-Lecturer who did not attend to his own half of the Course (until the last three days of the 2016/2017 Rain Semester Lecture Period when the students were rushed through a photocopied handwritten Lecture Note by this co-Lecturer and his Test for the Course conducted during the University Approved Lecture-Free Week);

(v) degraded me to taking only Tutorials of Year-One Courses (as from the beginning of the present 2017/2018 Academic Session) in order to reduce my access to their activities;

(vi)refused to allocate Undergraduate students to me for Project Supervision (as from the beginning of the present 2017/2018 Academic Session);

(vii)refused to allocate any Postgraduate course to me to teach or any Postgraduate student to supervise (in a period of more than two (2) Years of being a Lecturer I in the University and more than two (2) Years after the completion of my Ph. D in the fields of Harmonic Analysis, Representation Theory and Geometry).

I may not be surprised if I am eventually asked to vacate my present office-space for an “appropriate Tutor’s corner” among the Department’s Postgraduate students.

The latest story being peddled around (after the permutation of a list of stories compiled for that purpose) is that “Dr. O. O. Oyadare’s mental health needs to be ascertained.” I am very happy to tell you that I am willing to again submit the hardcopy-proofs of all my claims as listed from (a) to (j) above (and as explained in the other attached letters to this mail) to the Faculty of Science Board of Studies and ready to submit myself for any medical evaluation by the University Authority.

I am simply and humbly asking for a Faculty of Science Ad hoc Investigative Committee, (which I believe should consist, but not limited to, all Professors in the Department of Mathematics, for their expert contributions on the technical aspects of my submissions), having had nothing to hide in my conducts, in order for this independent committee to take an unbiased look into the matters raised in my letters, all of which are now attached to this mail for your personal perusal and afford the Faculty of Science to make an informed decision on the matter.

I am very confident of the integrity of members of the Faculty of Science Board of Studies and that my call will be heeded, as the Faculty of Science had earlier in 2015 rescued my promotion to Lecturer I from being turned down due to the Department of Mathematics’ 2014 unilateral decision (under the Acting Headship of Dr. K. A. Olapade) to strike my job-entry publications out of my CV (thus denying me a well-deserved promotion in 2014) and the Department of Mathematics’ 2015 subsequent clandestine submission to the Faculty of Science that I came into the job (of a Lecturer II) with just one (1) job-entry publication, until the then Dean of Faculty of Science (after an Independent Enquiry into the matter) discovered the plot and asked the Department of Mathematics to formally apologise for deceiving the Faculty Review Panel in my case. The records of their failed attempts at blackmailing my personality are intact and may easily be checked in the Faculty Office.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Olufemi O. OYADARE

PS:
This was written by one of the lecturers. It should not be swept under the carpet.
What is happening in Obafemi Awolowo University?
On investigation, I also hear many of the lecturers/staffs in that same department of mathematics have been victimized, denied sick leave, one even resigned. Many promotions have been pegged, leaves denied.
#SAY NO TO VICTIMIZATION. EDUCATION IS NOT POLITICS BUT WHAT IT IS!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by Oche211(m): 9:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nigeria tertiary education has taken a nose dive for the very worse.
It requires drastic action.
Imagine the fates of students who are taught a whole semester course materials in 3 days.
Mathematics for that matter ooo.
Sadly, that's the situation in so many departments of the nation's tertiary institutions.
To the authorities in power, the time to act is now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
What a sad situation. You are very right. Lets walk together to sanitize our society. Change begins with me!
Please help contact the moderator to put it on the front page.
People are suffering and smiling.

Oche211:
Imagine the fates of students who are taught a whole semester course materials in 3 days.
Sadly, that's the situation in so many departments of the nation's tertiary institutions.
Re: IS THIS TRUE? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

☣ ☠
Re: IS THIS TRUE? by ogunholla(m): 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2018
But how can this story be confirmed?
Re: IS THIS TRUE? by 2Banty: 2:33am On May 01, 2018
As a graduate of great Ife, I can boldly say tha most lecturers in that school are beasts in human form and even the so called victimized prof cannot be exempted.

I knew a Prof who boldly said he cannot write any letter of recommendation for any student. They school needs to retrain and downsize. Even the non academic staff are not exempted. They are the worst!

1 Like

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by dejt4u(m): 6:41am On May 01, 2018
that dreadful Dr Layeni. what he knows best is to fail the students unnecessarily..

glad my man Ayo Fadodun is not faulted here.

Yinka Adesina and co are the gods of that dept.
Re: IS THIS TRUE? by otokx(m): 7:14am On May 01, 2018
Some lecturers are guilty of not giving lectures as when due only to appear during revision week to do some form of Marathon class.

Others just give a weak introduction and hand the class over to their graduate students to lecture.

The same graduate students not PhDs will supervise in exam hall and be involved in marking and entering of scores leading to lots of sharp practices.

NUC for so long have been playing the ostrich.
Re: IS THIS TRUE? by BeardedTraveler: 5:56pm On May 01, 2018
Oche211:

Lol. OAU. A lecturer in my department didn't show up in class through the semester at all except once. And these same set of people would be the first to say that those in power are corrupt

1 Like

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by proffemi: 1:55pm On May 02, 2018
funlo2017:
Faculty of Science,
Ile-Ife

Dear Sirs/Madams,

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Olufemi O. OYADARE

PS:
This was written by one of the lecturers. It should not be swept under the carpet.
On investigation, I also hear many of the lecturers/staffs in that same department of mathematics have been victimized, denied sick leave, one even resigned. Many promotions have been pegged, leaves denied.

How is it appropriate to put this online, and how does this help the case of your Dr. Oyadare?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by Reelectbuhari: 6:37pm On May 02, 2018
Oche211:

oga in my own I hv lecturers that used to come a day to exams....and one dat doesn't come but set questions...
Re: IS THIS TRUE? by Nobody: 4:17am On May 03, 2018
I am hoping that somebody as kindhearted as you sir can help in fighting this case.
The point is not how appropriate this post is but the extent to which a human being can frustrate his colleague.
Since Nigeria is a seemingly savage place sometimes you need that measure. Let's help the helpless and stop folding our hands doing nothing!

Since I won't walk past seeing this level of injustice......
NB He's not my Dr Oyadare
#say no to victimization!!!!!

proffemi:

How is it appropriate to put this online, and how does this help the case of your Dr. Oyadare?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by proffemi: 5:43am On May 03, 2018
funlo2017:
I am hoping that somebody as kindhearted as you sir can help in fighting this case.
The point is not how appropriate this post is but the extent to which a human being can frustrate his colleague.
Since Nigeria is a seemingly savage place sometimes you need that measure. Let's help the helpless and stop folding our hands doing nothing!

Since I won't walk past seeing this level of injustice......
NB He's not my Dr Oyadare
#say no to victimization!!!!!

I'm going to be frank with you. I have heard a little about what I assume to be the origin of this case. If it turns out to be the same case, then the good doc is being disingenuous. The story I heard (about wrongful application of the lecture attendance requirement for admittance for examination) left me with the impression that your doc chose to dig in and fight the HOD, rather than recognize the error on his part.

If they are the same case, then everything your doc narrates in his letter can be seen as (a) punitive measures arising from the initial issue and refusal to back down (b) an attempt by the doc to throw colleagues under the bus. Notwithstanding the fact that some of his allegations would amount to serious misconduct on the part of the staff concerned, I'm not sure his colleagues would much like someone who prefers to throw them under the bus, rather than face the consequences of his own actions (misery loves company, eh?).

It is possible that Dr. Layeni has been high-handed in handling this matter, but there is a strong whiff of self-righteousness and insubordination from Dr. Oyadare. The HOD is a powerful position (although wise heads don't wield that power rashly) and insubordination will only bring out the worst in certain types of individuals. Some of what he narrated could be termed victimization, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is all self-inflicted - again, assuming the origin of this tale is the same one I heard.

Best of luck to you (and to him).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by Nobody: 6:22am On May 03, 2018
Thanks sir for your response.
What I know is that Older ones are to mentor the people behind them not to pull them down at the slightest mistake.
Why we are stagnant in this country is attempt to punish or pull down others rather than assist the faltering up.
About 20... queries!. HA ha.
Is he the first HOD that the lecturers have worked with? Giving lecturers queries like no man's business.
How do you rule by intimidation and oppression? A temporary position for crying out loud.
What have we that we are not given?
As an individual I have nothing to gain from this issue except to see that power is not abused but utilized to serve.
this present individual is not the only one that has bore the brunt from the HOD.
I am an extremely independent observer with no sentiments attached but to see this HOD corrected and helped!

We are humans and bound to make mistakes, ability to see wrong, correct it and make amends is the necessary spice to add to life's flavor.
Do have a blessed day!

proffemi:

I'm going to be frank with you. I have heard a little about what I assume to be the origin of this case. If it turns out to be the same case, then the good doc is being disingenuous. The story I heard (about wrongful application of the lecture attendance requirement for admittance for examination) left me with the impression that your doc chose to dig in and fight the HOD, rather than recognize the error on his part.

If they are the same case, then everything your doc narrates in his letter can be seen as (a) punitive measures arising from the initial issue and refusal to back down (b) an attempt by the doc to throw colleagues under the bus. Notwithstanding the fact that some of his allegations would amount to serious misconduct on the part of the staff concerned, I'm not sure his colleagues would much like someone who prefers to throw them under the bus, rather than face the consequences of his own actions (misery loves company, eh?).

It is possible that Dr. Layeni has been high-handed in handling this matter, but there is a strong whiff of self-righteousness and insubordination from Dr. Oyadare. The HOD is a powerful position (although wise heads don't wield that power rashly) and insubordination will only bring out the worst in certain types of individuals. Some of what he narrated could be termed victimization, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is all self-inflicted - again, assuming the origin of this tale is the same one I heard.

Best of luck to you (and to him).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by SonofGod10: 12:13am On May 05, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Lol. OAU. A lecturer in my department didn't show up in class through the semester at all except once. And these same set of people would be the first to say that those in power are corrupt
funlo2017:
Faculty of Science,
Ile-Ife

Dear Sirs/Madams,

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Olufemi O. OYADARE

PS:

Good day great Nigerians, from the bottom of my heart I will speak my mind. Dr Oyadare is a flagrant stupid idiot who when things no longer goes in his wicked stead decided to go online to attack lecturers and students alike. The very first day I got to know that something was wrong with him was when he stopped most of 13 of my classmates from writing exams MTH301 to be precise, in spite of several pleads and kneels crawling and begging him him from the students, his colleagues and his senior colleagues.
Associate professor was begging him to allow students write the exam but he refused. In the worst of the case was when he was quoting the University rules on the matter. He said that the NUC through the University rules that anyone who doesn't make a 75% attendance shouldn't be allowed to write exam. But Oyadare was taking 5 hours class per week 2 hours twice and 1 hour on the last day of every week for a 2 unit course which the same NUC rules through the University in their wisdom that a 2 unit should be taught 1 hour twice a week but of which he disobeyed and was consistently taking attendance for every of the class.
Moreso, Oyadibu as the students have changed his name from Oyadare to Oyadibu due to his wickedness was formally lecturing in Adeyemi College of Education of which the students association of the mathematics worth a petition against him to their HOD for serious problems he was used to put students in and due to that he was sacked and fired from the institution. At the same time he was running two appointments in the two institutions as active appointee of the Federal Government and was duly collecting salary which of course is a punishable offense.
While he was sacked, he was equally appointed to OAU and again that is another serious offense punishable under the law.
He was giving excuses that he resides in Ibadan and he works in Ife and because of that was always late and rescheduling classes too of which he will still punish students for it and the federal government gave him the allowance for his accommodation in Ife.

In the presence of all the students of MTH302 and 306, he was shouting and screaming at his senior colleague in the department like a mad dog when the senior colleague of his went to meet him calmly and told him how that he had encroached into his class by 12 minutes and he was still taking attendance when he ought to have left the class and release the students. The following day all of us went to meet the lecturers with whom he was shouting at and we told him to write against him and that one said we should just leave him, the following day, he wrote the HOD that Dr Ogundare threatened him and in his corny way, didn't submit the letter to the HOD and went ahead to slip the letter through his main office that HOD rarely visit because of bulk of work on him and guess what he wrote in the letter. He said according to him that the HOD made a ploy with Dr Ogundare to kill him.

This same dog barking was the same lecturer who was praising Dr Layeni in 2014 during MTH306 back then that Dr Layeni is the best Mathemacian ever known to him and now because he's been reprimanded for his wrong doing and corrected now takes to the street and began to bark.

Just as a token of evidence, I have the letter written and signed by mathematics department at Adeyemi College of Education of the petition by the executive council of NAMSN Adeyemi College of Education Chapter. This same beast was a prayer point throughout all the fellowship centres at Adeyemi College of Education because of his notoriety and evil. Infant while he stopped 13 students from writing MTH301 in OAU, a particular went to meet his father who's a spiritual man with sole aim to punish him but that one said he shouldn't worry that what will deal with him is before him already and I never know he was going to meet his waterloo soon.

Now he's the saint amongst all the lecturers now. The same Mathematicians he insults and claims to know more than them have been lecturing for decades in OAU before he came into OAU from UI as Maths and Physics Edu with whom they had mercy on thinking he could learn. The MTH201 he claims there's no answer to is because he doesn't know it.
This man even irritates me, I swear if you know this man by name Oyadare, he shouldn't be living in the habitation of men. He kills dreams and he's simply a devil's agent in whom there shouldn't be any modesty in calling, he's a demon period!!!

Dr Layeni since I know him as a student is highly principled a man and knows his onions. Due to his principles sometimes students might be uncomfortable with it but those principles have only build us too. Even as principled as he is, for his legitimate right of stopping student from writing exams, he never for once does it. I had personally been absent from his class which I never stated any reason and he didn't stopped me from writing exams.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by toyebola: 4:35pm On May 05, 2018
I have to do this so as to set the record straight.
It's so unfortunate that Dr. Oyadare has dragged Funlo2017 into his acts in the Department of Mathematics, Obafemi Awolowo University, ile-ife. Funlo2017, I don't think you know the antecedents of Dr. Oyadare. I will put you through a lot of things that is not clear to you. Dr. Oyadare was a lecturer at Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo State when he joined the services of Obafemi Awolowo University, meaning he working a a full time lecturer and collecting full salary from two federal institutions which is obviously against the law. He hid the fact that he was still a lecturer at Adeyemi College of Education when he got his offer of appointment to join the services of Obafemi Awolowo University. Oyadare was dismissed from Adeyemi College Education after flouting a lot of rules and regulations.
In the harmattan semester of 2016/2017 session, Oyadare did not allow some students to sit and write the examination of MTH 301 (a 2 units course). His reason was that those students did not meet up with 75% attendance of lectures. On the very day of the exam, an associate professor of the Department pleaded with Oyadare to allow the students in for the exam which he refused outrightly. Some students who had 74% attendance were denied the opportunity to write the exam. He immediately uploaded the scores and grades of the students online one week after. This act of uploading scores or publishing results online without the approval of the Departmental Examiners Board is against the rules and regulations of the University. He returned zeros for the students he denied to write the exam. The Departmental Examiners Board was against the students he denied entry into the exam hall. It's just a shame that students don't even know their right, if they do, they ought have written against Oyadare for denying them to write the exam base on the fact that MTH 301 which is a 2 unit course was suppose to be taught for a period of one hour twice a week, but Oyadare was taking the course 5 hours a week at his own convinience not even looking at that of the students. Oyadare did not take the students any lectures and no lecturers was assign to teach the students for two weeks when he went for a conference. If Oyadare had used the computation of 2 hours a week as scheduled on the timetable, 98% of the students if not all would have written the exam. Must the students be at the receiving end all the time? It should not be so.
Oyadare is the same person that shouted and yelled at one of his senior colleagues who is a senior lecturer in the Department in a class in the presence of students. He was the person that wrote to the Head of Department that he was threaten by the senior lecturer. A committee was set up to that effect, students and a lecturer who witnessed the unacceptable behavior of Oyadare were called to the panel. The committee made their report known. In their report, it was observed that all the allegations of Oyadare were false.
On MTH 201 question, I was one of those that taught the course that session. The solution provided by Dr. O. P. Layeni was absolutely correct. I need to let you know that we always do coordination before marking in the Department of Mathematics. The essence of coordination is for the lecturers to sit down together and look at the solutions provided for all the questions thoroughly. Myself and Oyadare were part of the coordination team for MTH 201 in 2014/2015 session. He never complaint to the said solution. Moreover, Oyadare cannot look at me into the eyes and tell me that the solution is wrong. We all know ourselves.
In conclusion, Oyadare is a bitter person who is filled with shits and lies.
Note: Noone is victimizing anybody in the Department of Mathematics. Noone is denied promotion. And about the issue of the person that resigned, two people have resigned from the Department for reasons best known to them.
Share so that the truth will be known to all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by toyebola: 4:53pm On May 05, 2018
Reading through the write-up of Dr. Oyadare all over again gets me irritated. How on earth will someone who was lecturing in Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo Sate before and after assumption of duty in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife go so dirty and tell lies to the world. This is a person who collected full salaries on full time basis from two federal institutions, an offence which is criminal under the law of Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is an integrity deficit character that was dismissed from Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo State for not fulfilling his bond with the school amongst other grave issues. This dismissal matter was swept under the carpet by the Management of Obafemi Awolowo University when it was made known to her by the Management of Adeyemi College of Education.
I cannot sit down and watch Dr. Oyadare destroy the legacies built over the years by the founding fathers of the Department of Mathematics, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. The lagacies built by the likes of Prof. B.L. Sharma, Prof. Oshobi, Prof. E.A. Akinrelere, Late Prof. C.O. Imoru, Late Prof. A.U. Afuwape, Prof. Y.A.S. Aregbesola, Dr. Amao etc. These are beautiful minds that made the Department what it is today, these are the people that made it possible for someone like Dr. Oyadare to meet a solid and sound Department on ground.
One’s differences with other people should not give one the right go mudslinging and telling lies with a bid for sympathy. This tactic, on the long run, is lame. The silence of academic Staff in the Department does not mean that we are fools, but just for peace to prevail. But now that you have taken the case to the court of public opinion, I need to set the record straight in the defence of truth.
On Dr. Oyadare allegations against the activities of the Acting HoD (Dr. O.P. Layeni) of the Department of Mathematics, I need to remind Dr. Oyadare that HoD being the representative of the Vice-Chancellor in the Department needs to be objective, honest and unbiased in his dealings with both students and staffs. Everyone (staffs and students) knows that Dr. O.P. Layeni is a meticulous person who wants things done according to the rules and regulations guiding the Institution. It’s a known fact that Dr. Layeni is someone who does not cut corners with anybody irrespective of who you are.
In the case of MTH 301, Dr. Oyadare denied thirteen (13) students from writing the exams in the guise of implementing the 75% attendance of lectures. Dr. Oyadare implemented the rules and regulations by violating the rules and regulations. MTH 301 (2 unit course) which is to be taught two (2) hours weekly was taught for a cummulative of five (5) hours at three different periods in a week at the convenience of Dr. Oyadare. It should be noted that students from three Departments (Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Computer Science and Engineering (Computer Science with Mathematics option)) registered for the course MTH 301. It was very disgusting that Dr. Oyadare went ahead to upload and publish the results of MTH 301 online without recourse to the Departmental Board of Examiners. This is another violation of the rules and regulations of the school. This shows the blatant disregard Dr. Oyadare has for the Institution, seeking, with obvious intent, to drag the name of the University into the mud. This will not succeed!
The Departmental Board of Examiners instructed Dr. Oyadare to pull the result down which he never did. Also, the Departmental Board of Examiners said the students who were not allowed to write the exams should be given the opportunity to register for the course at the next available time without penalty which should be forwarded to the Faculty Board of Studies for approval. Having known that the Faculty Board of studies was to meet for Thursday, 3rd of May, 2018, Dr. Oyadare, in his character quickly came up with his write up which he sent to the mail box of members of Faculty Board of Studies and some other people outside this University just to hoodwink and cajole members of the Faculty Board of Studies and bring the name of this reputable University into the mud. This is all in a bid to make sure that the thirteen students he denied the opportunity to write the exam failed the course because he had uploaded zero (0 F) for these set of students. Must the students be at the receiving end all the time? If he had computed the 75% attendance with 2 hours of lectures, will the students not meet up with the 75% attendance requirement? Yes, they would. Instead, he computed the 75% attendance with five hours of classes per week. In one of the period which ought to be for 8am, Dr. Oyadare would show up by some minutes to 9am giving excuse that he could not meet up because he lives in Ibadan (as stated by Oyadare in one of his earlier writeup last year) and comes to school everyday from Ibadan after he has collected relocation allowance on his assumption of duty. Dr. Oyadare cannot be doing all these without the backing of some people who are not doing him any good and who do not have the interest of the University at heart.

In the case of MTH 201, in which Dr. Oyadare claimed that the solution Dr. O.P. Layeni provided to question 3(b) of MTH 201, 2014/2015 Harmattan Semester Examination is incorrect. With this Oyadare’s claim, I begin to wonder if truly Dr. Oyadare understands the fundamentals of Mathematical Methods. Anyway, I make bold to say that the solution is absolutely correct.
Department of Mathematics has a very high standard process for vetting and coordination of all Mathematics and Statistics courses. It is always compulsory for all lecturers to submit his/her examination questions and marking guide in a sealed envelope to the Head of Department for vetting two weeks to the examination. The HoD gives the question and solutions to a Vetter who thoroughly go through it and make corrections where necessary. Thereafter, the Vetter hands over the vetted questions and solutions to the HoD who then calls the lecturer in charge of the course to explain to him/her the corrections to be effected. After the examination, we always have what we call marking coordination for any large class courses such as MTH 101, MTH 102, MTH 104, MTH 105, MTH 106, MTH 201, MTH 202, STT 201, STT 202. During the marking coordination which holds before the commencement of marking scripts of students, the team for each course sits on a round table to discuss the questions and solutions provide by the coordinator of the course. The marking coordination is always thorough and rigorous, we all sit down discussing passionately what is before us for hours.
The marking coordination of MTH 201 of 2014/2015 session was not an exception. Dr. Oyadare never made any objection to the solution during the marking coordination of MTH 201 for 2014/2015 session because he knows it was absolutely correct. Seeing him turn around to make this claim of incorrect solution shows the kind of mindset he has. Without mincing words, Dr. Oyadare cannot say it to my face that the solution is wrong.
I feel it is necessary for those that Dr. Oyadare has mentioned in his write-up to come out clean and set the record straight for everyone before this fellow called Dr. Oyadare destroys the legacies and image of the Department of Mathematics with his lies.
Dr. Oyadare will never mention how he shouted on two associate professors of the Department (Dr. Olatinwo and Dr. Ogundare) in a class in the presence of students and a colleague.
Dr. Oyadare will never tell the world how he turned around to be the petitioner after he shouted and threatened the life of Dr. Ogundare by writing to the Acting HoD. He intentionally did not submit his petition to the office of the Acting HoD but slipped his petition under the door of the personal office of Dr. O.P. Layeni who is the Acting HoD. How can someone be so deceitful. A committee was set up by the Acting HoD to look into the petition and submit her report to the Departmental Board. The Committee called Dr. Oyadare, Dr. Ogundare and some students who witnessed the show of shame for questioning. It was evidently clear that Dr. Oyadare lied from the report submitted by the Committee to the Departmental Board.
Dr. Oyadare is a lecturer full of bitterness, lies and shits.

Funlo2017, I need to let you know that, you have not done Dr. Oyadare any good by posting his lies on this platform.However, I love your action because it will make the University to take necessary action.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by Truthandtruth: 4:55pm On May 05, 2018
I feel terrible seeing this, no it shouldn't be, most people comment here with a one sided approach, and for those who say Layeni victimized them whilst in school, nothing can be farther from the truth, I was in that department, I took his courses and no one that ha taken his courses can come out to say he failed them, if anyone failed his course, that person actually failed, that's one, dr oyadare on the other hand is very well known to me, because I also took 2 of his courses, a course of 2 unit meant to be attended for just 2 hours in a week became a 5 hour course, all thanks to oyadare and we begged this man to reduce this hours as his class was encroaching into our other classes but he won't budge, he would rather take attendance for these 5 classes, 5 hour lecture for a 2 hour class, and lo and behold on the exam day our dear oyadare refuses students that did not have 75% of attendance in the exam, 75% of a 5 hour class, and every one in the department begged him, professors, senior colleagues, lecturers from other department, but no he won't change his mind, I tell it to you students had extras cos of that particular course. Now let's do the maths, 75% of a 5 hour class is 3 hours 45 minutes per week, sonif a student attended the stipulated 2 hours class per week, he will not write the exam, and we all know that the stipulated 2 hours is what is required to calculate the 75% with, we complained but no one came to our aid. Now that I see this I made some calls to the department, to my friends who are still there cos of these particulate courses and they tell me that this was the same thing that transpired again, dr oyadare stopped 13 students from taking exams because of a 75 % percentage that does not hold water ( using 6 hours for a 2 hour class), and the hod( the Layeni everyone is talking about) steps in and says these ones will not go on another extra year based on this reason, let them take this exam and oyadare is going berserk, please before we come here and type let us have our facts correctly...never argue one sided.

P S: the dr oyadare was dismissed from adeyemi college of education for varying degrees, but one I remember is the letter written to the management because of this same behavior, I got to know of this because I was very much involved in NAMSN, the student association..check out the pictures

Whatever victimization is should be well defined, students consistently being failed and delayed by a lecturer? or a lecturer been called to order to stop victimizing students? Let's define it.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 05, 2018
I'm enjoying this.
Please let's walk together to sanitize our environment.
This post is one sided because we have just one evidence.( LIMITATIONS)
Let's not be abusive as someone who commented before now.
I'm not being dragged into this. I saw this and decided to post it for fairness.
So if you have evidence otherwise please let's bring it on.
It's getting interesting.

By the way Dr Oyadare is completely not aware of this post! I say this on my honor.
Apologies to the lecturers whose names were posted alongside. Just that half post is equal to lies.
Thanks all.
Let's be objective and not sentimental.
NO ABUSIVE WORDS.
AFTERALL I AM AN INDEPENDENT WRITER WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
THIS IS JUST WHAT IT IS!
keeping it real!! In Adeolas voice

NB:I've modified the topic to be fair on both parties.

toyebola:
I have to do this so as to set the record straight.
It's so unfortunate that Dr. Oyadare has dragged Funlo2017 into his acts in the Department of Mathematics, Obafemi Awolowo University, ile-ife. Funlo2017, I don't think you know the antecedents of Dr. Oyadare. I will put you through a lot of things that is not clear to you. Dr. Oyadare was a lecturer at Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo State when he joined the services of Obafemi Awolowo University, meaning he working a a full time lecturer and collecting full salary from two federal institutions which is obviously against the law. He hid the fact that he was still a lecturer at Adeyemi College of Education when he got his offer of appointment to join the services of Obafemi Awolowo University. Oyadare was dismissed from Adeyemi College Education after flouting a lot of rules and regulations.
In the harmattan semester of 2016/2017 session, Oyadare did not allow some students to sit and write the examination of MTH 301 (a 2 units course). His reason was that those students did not meet up with 75% attendance of lectures. On the very day of the exam, an associate professor of the Department pleaded with Oyadare to allow the students in for the exam which he refused outrightly. Some students who had 74% attendance were denied the opportunity to write the exam. He immediately uploaded the scores and grades of the students online one week after. This act of uploading scores or publishing results online without the approval of the Departmental Examiners Board is against the rules and regulations of the University. He returned zeros for the students he denied to write the exam. The Departmental Examiners Board was against the students he denied entry into the exam hall. It's just a shame that students don't even know their right, if they do, they ought have written against Oyadare for denying them to write the exam base on the fact that MTH 301 which is a 2 unit course was suppose to be taught for a period of one hour twice a week, but Oyadare was taking the course 5 hours a week at his own convinience not even looking at that of the students. Oyadare did not take the students any lectures and no lecturers was assign to teach the students for two weeks when he went for a conference. If Oyadare had used the computation of 2 hours a week as scheduled on the timetable, 98% of the students if not all would have written the exam. Must the students be at the receiving end all the time? It should not be so.
Oyadare is the same person that shouted and yelled at one of his senior colleagues who is a senior lecturer in the Department in a class in the presence of students. He was the person that wrote to the Head of Department that he was threaten by the senior lecturer. A committee was set up to that effect, students and a lecturer who witnessed the unacceptable behavior of Oyadare were called to the panel. The committee made their report known. In their report, it was observed that all the allegations of Oyadare were false.
On MTH 201 question, I was one of those that taught the course that session. The solution provided by Dr. O. P. Layeni was absolutely correct. I need to let you know that we always do coordination before marking in the Department of Mathematics. The essence of coordination is for the lecturers to sit down together and look at the solutions provided for all the questions thoroughly. Myself and Oyadare were part of the coordination team for MTH 201 in 2014/2015 session. He never complaint to the said solution. Moreover, Oyadare cannot look at me into the eyes and tell me that the solution is wrong. We all know ourselves.
In conclusion, Oyadare is a bitter person who is filled with shits and lies.
Note: Noone is victimizing anybody in the Department of Mathematics. Noone is denied promotion. And about the issue of the person that resigned, two people have resigned from the Department for reasons best known to them.
Share so that the truth will be known to all.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by adeshola1(m): 5:53pm On May 05, 2018
oyadare must be very stupid to think that a solution provided by Dr. O. Layeni is wrong...
as Dr.toyebola said, he doesn't understand the fundamental of mathematical method...and I'm sure if Dr. Layeni should give him 10 MTH 201 question to solve, if won't be able to solve one (100% sure),

though I'm an engineering student of the school and I've known Dr. Layeni to be a man of principle and is willing to help when necessary.... he doesn't victimized anybody both staff and student.

I've witnessed the invigilation of Dr. oyadare and Dr. Layeni and I can bodly say that Dr. Layeni is better....

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by EazyGee: 8:03pm On May 05, 2018
When someone clims to have everybody against him/her the person needs to be doublechecked ,Dr Oyadare is just looking for cheap pity from people who know absolutely nothing about the matter on ground.He's trying to paint everybody around him evil and make himself look like the good guy. Is it people on nairaland that will profer a solution to his problems? Or will he get a solution to his problems by assasinating the characters of almost everyone around him? Let him go back to O.A.U and go and right his wrongs and stop this yeye rant.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by ngpay: 9:37pm On May 05, 2018
I can't just let this slip by...I graduate from this Nobel department and hold no grudges, the standard was very high and it was upheld by same people Dr O. Oyadare is accusing.

for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. I believe Dr O.Oyadare has a lot in his closet he his withholding asper his conducts and antecedents plus precedence in the interval of this matter. its clearly one sided allegations that deserves no reply. a wounded lion, desperate to devour all around..a case of everyone must go down with me, or my way or the high way, or blackmail them to submission, the new Lord has arrived!

this can't work in sane climates like OAU maths dept. I don't know about other schools but the Oau I know isn't such.

Dr Layeni, the acting H.O.D is a man of very high standards both professionally and interpersonally. I must admit, he is very disciplined and extremely brilliant, his exam questions will stretch you if you don't prepare , not crash programme preparation, you need to attend classes and study.. I remember vector analysis...am not surprised someone has problems with his question (s) , if u no sabi book into-to and know your onions, oga its gonna be tough and never in the history of OAU, I repeat ,never in OAU have I heard incorrect answers used as a standard for marking, for the quality assurance processes and procedures are rigorous.

I have a problem with the complains of Dr Oyadare, asper some lectures not showing up and having read the entire thread, somethings keep recurring by different posters,
that
he indeed tried to disallow 13 students from writing exams? really? and according to him, his purported action is in line with the school's best practices, Dr Oyadare, 13 students, that's automatic extra without any appeal... because 75% rule? you are not God. maths Dept classes are one of the smallest in faculty of science, if u disallow 13, how many will be left? we were about 17 the year I graduated, minus statistics Dept, and normal doesn't exceed 25 in generous cases. how can u automatically disenfranchise @ least 50% from exams? I think you are a callous and unforgiving. not gentlemanly.

if u are disallowing 13 students, u must not be guilty of same law, for an mth 301 course, and others, after a brief investigation, I discovered from previous posters you didn't meet up with even 75% of your classes. the same yard stick. I think you just wana announce you presence " the dark lord has arrived" and even your senior colleagues couldn't even appeal to you , its unfair and unprofessional. there is human factor in everything and situations. did u even care why some students didn't make 75% attendance when I deduced from other posts you equally didn't make 4 classes a week for a 4 unit course. ( four unit course means 4 lectures a week, and u didn't conduct classes up to 4 times a week for the same course) and you are accusing some lecturers of similar conduct, where is you integrity?
And even shouting/ disrespecting seniors in front of students i learned you arrogance is legendary, is it that bad? the need for a medical examination of your sanity , I think you need such examinations sir with due respect.

By releasing results a week after exams without ratification by the necessary quarters is high handedness and an arrogation of power, and flagrant disobedience to existing best practices.

it seems you are begging for front page..any issue that deserves front page will definitely get there.

Personally, Dr Ogundare , Dr Olatinwo, Dr Layeni, and the rest are the cream De LA cream in that department, best brains..they are focused, serious minded and highly disciplined, as a former student of this department, I know them well. why attack the best brains? is this a coup?
am sure the secret players will surface soon. we are watching! strike the Shepherd(s) , the sheep will scatter Shea? not in this case ooo.

having said all you said , its clear I think some ppl are sponsoring this man to tarnish the Harmony in that department. These will die a natural death cos they are baseless and null and void. if you have/had issues with promotion or academic related issues, I think u need help, consult people suitable to help.

its cheap blackmail to resort to social media since you understand there are levels of authority and you can as well escalate your personal grudges against the department to the faculty or highest level, the senate. having learned your were fired unceremoniously from Adeyemi College of Education, with the letters attached to show complains from previous students using NAMSN letter headed paper( I was a past executive member) shows you don't deserve to be among such beautiful minds.

there are better ways to seek redress than cheap blackmail. this Dept is dear to me and I won't allow someone attempt to smear it and the staff.

in conclusion, your points from A to J(1-7) portrays someone bitter, desperate and willing to go down but drag others along, which is unfair.

if you have issues with academic matters, seek redress.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by Ayoamanda(f): 11:35pm On May 05, 2018
funlo2017:
Faculty of Science,
Ile-Ife

Dear Sirs/Madams,

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Olufemi O. OYADARE

I must say here that I really don't understand the reason Dr. Oyadare And funlo2017 would resort to this.
In the constitution of the University there is a procedure that needs to be duely adhere to whenever issues arises.
The advent of social media has made some people to forget that there are rules and regulations governing every institutions. This is a person who is guilty and his fate about to be decided and who ought to resign to fate that he is a failure having been dismissed from Adeyemi College of Education within the same year he was employed and who is about to face same in OAU due to his corrupt practices, sadistic nature and him being unfit to be addressed as a lecturer of a prestigious institution.
Taking your matter to the public in order to garner sympathy would not help but you should rather face it like the man that you are. A 2 unit course which is meant to be taken one hour twice a week is being taught 5-6 hours a week a thing you are known for while in the services of Adeyemi College of Education which is against the recommendations of the NUC and the University's handbook. Your sadistic nature made you denied 13 students entry into the exam hall even with pleas from different quarters.
Funlo2017, you need to know that your claims that Dr Oyadare isn't aware of this post and the fact that you are just an observer are lies that need to be told to fools. I'm putting it to you that you couldn't have done this without the knowledge of your mentor (Dr Oyadare). You really need to know that this post of yours is libellous in nature as you may have yourself to blame by the time the University and the people mentioned are ready to take things down with you and your mentor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by toyebola: 11:53pm On May 05, 2018
All of a sudden 'Funlo2017' changed his/her username to 'nobody' and he/she suddenly changed the topic from another OAU lecturer (HOD mathematics Department) in victimization scandal of a staff to 'is this true?' shows that this person was recruited to post Dr. Oyadare's post on this platform because he has no or little knowledge on what is happening or what has happened in the Department of Mathematics, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. The question I will ask 'Funlo2017' or 'nobody' is how did you get this piece of information of Dr. Oyadare? According to your claim, you said you saw the piece and decided to post it for fairness. You cannot tell me that Dr. Oyadare is unaware of this post. Of course, Dr. Oyadare is definitely aware of this post because we all know his way of life. Now, you can talk of objectivism. Sure, my post was objective and devoid of sentiment, but yours was just too sentimental. I pray that you dont have a lecturer like Dr. Oyadare. I really appreciate people coming out to talk on this platform, if not 'Funlo2017' or betterstill 'nobody' would not have done the needful. you dont need to modify the topic because noone can bury the truth.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by toyebola: 12:15am On May 06, 2018
Hi proffemi, there is no high-handedness in the handling of this matter by the Acting HoD in the person of Dr. Layeni. Dr. Layeni never acted single handedly. The matter was brought to the Departmental Board of Examiners, it was discussed exhaustively. Sir, as a senior member of staff in the University, is it proper for a 2 unit course to be taken for 5 hours a week? Is it according to the rules and regulations of the University for any Lecturer to upload the result of a course without recourse to the Departmental Board? The Acting HoD has acted within the rules and regulations of the University to make sure that sanity is restored in the Department of Mathematics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by Kofiii: 8:40am On May 06, 2018
The post by "funlo 2017" is an attempt to misinform and misguide the public, which should therefore be disregrded. The claims are highly flawed and unfounded. It is so obvious that it is an attempt to garner public sympathy for his shady activities. OAU is a great institution, which has a set down procedure that should be duely followed when such issue arises. Having disregard such procedure, resorting into a "plea for mercy on social media" is just a show of lack of competence, which should really be flushed out of the system.
Re: IS THIS TRUE? by EazyGee: 10:49am On May 06, 2018
Kofiii:
The post by "funlo 2017" is an attempt to misinform and misguide the public, which should therefore be disregrded. The claims are highly flawed and unfounded. It is so obvious that it is an attempt to garner public sympathy for his shady activities. OAU is a great institution, which has a set down procedure that should be duely followed when such issue arises. Having disregard such procedure, resorting into a "plea for mercy on social media" is just a show of lack of competence, which should really be flushed out of the system.
Re: IS THIS TRUE? by dotun4luv(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2018
Dear Nairalanders,

The truth will always come from the right source (s). And without any bias, the attached screenshots confirmed that the man behind the scene framed this to tarnish the image of the department of mathematics , the HoD and the concerned personnel's.

Back in 2008, Mr. Oyadare, now Dr. Oyadare taught a group of students MTH207, at Adeyemi College of Education which I was one of the students, 184 to be precise and only 3 had A, he denied the 4th guy with 69.5 score aggregrate (name withheld) over 75% failed and had to rerun the course the next section for taking decision on his own (He was suppose to come class but will take excess time and denied you of your next lecture) What can a student do to his lecturer? Nothing! Has he ever abide by any rule as far as I'm concerned? No!

Again, he took the graduating class Topological vector space, more than 45% failed because they miss his excess class lectures. A course of 4 unit which was supposed to be taught 4hours @ week, he'd would spend excess time and claim to be right.

I could personally recalled an ordeal with him when he almost slapped me one faithful day when we were to write a test. The test is yet to begin but he almost crumbled me for coming back to pack my books.

In a nutshell, he who cannot abide by the law is not worthy of the law. This epistle is just a fallacy and it's of no use other than to tarnish the reputation of the concerned scholars.

For your information, I was privileged to take lectures from the concerned scholars and this view about them has not iota of truth. Laws have no respect for anybody. Your mistakes should be your lesson and NOT my mistake my life.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by EazyGee: 11:46am On May 06, 2018
Well, my people, the truth can't be hidden for too long and truly you cant runaway from your past,,,,,someone whose appointment was terminted based on misconduct and his personal irregularities still brought the same manners to another institution. Too bad
Re: IS THIS TRUE? by EazyGee: 12:04pm On May 06, 2018
I know very well that Dr Layeni is a man that is so down to the earth but very principled and one thing I know for sure about him is that he will never allow anybody to cheat you if you are the right cause. He is one of the most approachable in the department of mathematics O.A.U; even if all the students wants to call for their scripts he'll allow once you are sure of the request. If someone can treat students with absolute respect.I see no reason why he wont treat his fellow staff right, so pls tell this Dr Oyadare to quit this shameless act of his and go check himself.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IS THIS TRUE? by EazyGee: 12:05pm On May 06, 2018
toyebola:
All of a sudden 'Funlo2017' changed his/her username to 'nobody' and he/she suddenly changed the topic from another OAU lecturer (HOD mathematics Department) in victimization scandal of a staff to 'is this true?' shows that this person was recruited to post Dr. Oyadare's post on this platform because he has no or little knowledge on what is happening or what has happened in the Department of Mathematics, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. The question I will ask 'Funlo2017' or 'nobody' is how did you get this piece of information of Dr. Oyadare? According to your claim, you said you saw the piece and decided to post it for fairness. You cannot tell me that Dr. Oyadare is unaware of this post. Of course, Dr. Oyadare is definitely aware of this post because we all know his way of life. Now, you can talk of objectivism. Sure, my post was objective and devoid of sentiment, but yours was just too sentimental. I pray that you dont have a lecturer like Dr. Oyadare. I really appreciate people coming out to talk on this platform, if not 'Funlo2017' or betterstill 'nobody' would not have done the needful. you dont need to modify the topic because noone can bury the truth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seun Osewa: The Brain Behind Nairaland Forum / What Is Jamb Marking Scheme / See What A Lecturer Of Bida Polytechnic Posted On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 277
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.