Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Sharing A Starcomms Connection - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sharing A Starcomms Connection (1381 Views)

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharing A Starcomms Connection by rozilla(m): 7:42am On Mar 16, 2007
could someone please explain the steps i have to take to share a starcomms connection between two PCs. undecided
Re: Sharing A Starcomms Connection by krents: 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2007
please post your question on the forum mentioned (na irawork .com)in the subject above,we will greatly appreciate it
Re: Sharing A Starcomms Connection by javarizer: 10:47am On Mar 18, 2007
try using hubs or switch,
Re: Sharing A Starcomms Connection by wormedup(m): 11:01am On Mar 22, 2007
u need an NIC (network card), for sharing the link.

if u intend using more than 2 systems, u'll need a switch; other wise, u could use a crossover cable.

cheers cool
Re: Sharing A Starcomms Connection by tripplexl: 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2007
u don't need a hub or switch to connect, all u need 2 do is get a cable with an 2 RJ45 connectors, make a direct connection with the cable, then when u have join the systems 2geda, leave the ip address, let it be on automatic, then try make a workgroup for them and u will start browsing.
Re: Sharing A Starcomms Connection by DoubleN(m): 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2007
Rozilla,
This are the steps to take,
1.Create a workgroup and ensure that your computers are in the same workgroup.

2.Create an IP addressing scheme i.e make sure that they are in the same subnet e.g 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2

3 Make sure the default gateway of the second Pc is the IP address of the first.

4 On the Starcomms properties, click on "share my internet connection with others". and choose you workgroup as your network.

5 And most importantly use a cross-over cable with an RJ-45 jack for ur peer to peer connection!

I hope this helps.if u have any difficulties let me know.
Re: Sharing A Starcomms Connection by buddie(m): 6:10pm On May 03, 2007
Just go to your starcomms connection
go to properties
go to advanced
go to internet sharing
enable it and that all.
Believing that you already have the other LAN card fully installed, both systems would have their IP address assigned automatically so you need not bother with assigning anything.If you still have issues feel free to holla me 08034087776
Cheers wink

(1) (Reply)

When To Buy A New Computer? / Raspberry Pi. Where To Get One / How To Easily Connect Your Laptop/pc To Your Television Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.