Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate (16210 Views)

Godwin Emefiele Appears Before Senate Committee, Asks To Speak Off-Camera / Victims Of Senator Elisha Abbo’s Assault Fail To Appear Before Senate Panel / Ibrahim Idris Appears Before Senate Panel Over Misau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by 1bunne4lif(m): 2:18pm On May 02, 2018
Adonbelivit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Oracle16(m): 2:18pm On May 02, 2018
Nigeria has been turned to a joke by this government

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Crystalline(f): 2:18pm On May 02, 2018
Ok
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Nwatiti24(f): 2:19pm On May 02, 2018
lawless country. when u hv d president on ur side u can poo on the constitution n nothing wl happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Bloggz74(m): 2:19pm On May 02, 2018
hushshinani:
please, do these people have the power to summon him??

just asking cos i don't know.... thanks!!

Yes they can.
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by linearity: 2:19pm On May 02, 2018
hushshinani:

Constitutional, they do...but this is Nigeria, where the constitution, rule of law and court orders are only met to be obeyed by the less connected in society.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Newpride(m): 2:20pm On May 02, 2018
Why shld the IG of over 180m people appears before these rogues.

Dino melaye is a criminal and shld be locked up and dealt with severely.

Sorry mr senators, u didn’t give him appointment so u can’t do jack if he fails to appear before ur corrupt panel.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Obason22(m): 2:20pm On May 02, 2018
He should be arrested nah, because wen u fail to honour police invitation the thing they do is to forcefully arrest the person, so no one is above the law
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by MrJanuzaj: 2:20pm On May 02, 2018
solochris:
Nonsense people... Invite Jubril instead to come and explain what's going on in the country or impeach him.

Na so. Go impeach am na
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Oju4190: 2:20pm On May 02, 2018
I think Melaye should b call to order by the senate instead of inviting the IG to come and explain God knows what

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by enoch701(m): 2:20pm On May 02, 2018
Clearly with no iota of doubt This IGP is working for Bello
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by MrJanuzaj: 2:21pm On May 02, 2018
NwaEzefuNaMba:
Like the snake king(Buruntashi) like Idris, these two idiots have everything in common forgetting they won't spend their life time in power.

We must relegate them and their master to league2 in 2019.

He will rather relegate thieves whom you guys have made your hereos
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Ikem11(m): 2:21pm On May 02, 2018
Chizmickey:
Buhari is mad, I.G is mad, Nigeria is mad, Nairaland commenters are mad, senators are mad.you are mad, nonsense and buhari
You forgot how mad u are?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 2:22pm On May 02, 2018
madridguy:
Everybody is now above the law in Nigeria lipsrsealed

How? King resident Zom.bie!

It's like your April stipend has not been released.
Just send your account details as an SMS to me.
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by amjoseph19: 2:23pm On May 02, 2018
hushshinani:

are you seriously asking this?
they have the power to summon his oga in Buhari.
They have the power to sack his oga too.
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by enoch701(m): 2:24pm On May 02, 2018
GreenMavro:
cheesy

IGP wey disobey PMB order to relocate to Bornu naim wan obey Senate grin grin

Kai, nah Tru you talk ooo
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Talkingboy: 2:24pm On May 02, 2018
abumeinben:
What a show of disregard.
Even if Dino was "faulty", the Senate has the power to sack him (stand to be corrected) or at least invoke the appropriate section of the Constitution that commands his appearance by proxy without any questions.

Dear Sir ,

The senate , in all ramifications, do not have the power to suspend their fellow senator. The Nigerian constitution doesnt permit that.

The suspension of Omo Agege is illegal .

Regards,
Lawyer Talkingboy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by pstnicodemus(m): 2:24pm On May 02, 2018
hushshinani:

of course they do.
they even have the power to summon the president if need be.
Thanks to the lawless nature of the country right now, everybody dey do wetin him want in the name of "i get godfather for aso rock"
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by madridguy(m): 2:25pm On May 02, 2018
Where is your phone number Ezego 1 of NL?

NwaEzefuNaMba:

How? King resident Zom.bie!

It's like your April stipend has not been released.
Just send your account details as an SMS to me.
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Deltatoto: 2:26pm On May 02, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, has again failed to appear before the Senate.

Displeased with the inability of the IGP to honour an earlier invitation by the Senate, the lawmakers had on April 26, slated today for his appearance.

The resolution was reached during last Thursday’s plenary in Abuja after the Senate Leader, Ahmed Lawal, briefed the senators on the arrest of Senator Dino Melaye and killings across the country.

More details coming…

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/05/02/breaking-again-igp-fails-to-appear-before-senate/

saraki can not get down common igp na omo Agege e wan use show em stenght.useless weakling
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by talk2percy(m): 2:27pm On May 02, 2018
Someone will soon ask who is the presidency grin grin Everyone does what they like because they know nobody is in charge
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by fallout87: 2:27pm On May 02, 2018
Why should anyone respect any laws when APC party never respect them?

They want to enforce laws when they serve them, yet want to abdicate when they don't.

It's truly pathetic how Buhari has turned the country back to the 60s. Shameful.
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by kmaster007: 2:28pm On May 02, 2018
are dis pple acting Nollywood movies for us Nw... nobody suld b trusted in Nigeria politicians. the re a d same...
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 02, 2018
Agbaletu:
Good! I don't expect him to honour their useless invitation.

You're part of the problem we have in this country.
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Obason22(m): 2:28pm On May 02, 2018
Newpride:
Why shld the IG of over 180m people appears before these rogues.

Dino melaye is a criminal and shld be locked up and dealt with severely.

Sorry mr senators, u didn’t give him appointment so u can’t do jack if he fails to appear before ur corrupt panel.
So, because, he is IG of 180m people he should no appear before the Senate, but u forget that Senators was people that confirmed him to become IG, sack time await him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by gurunlocker: 2:28pm On May 02, 2018
madridguy:
Everybody is now above the law in Nigeria lipsrsealed

Remind me who started it?
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Iwanttoto: 2:29pm On May 02, 2018
Chizmickey:
Buhari is mad, I.G is mad, Nigeria is mad, Nairaland commenters are mad, senators are mad.you are mad, nonsense and buhari

Bro. You forgot to add yourself among d list of mad people

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by madridguy(m): 2:29pm On May 02, 2018
Refresh your memory.

gurunlocker:

Remind me who started it?
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by KingMicky3286: 2:30pm On May 02, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, has again failed to appear before the Senate.

Displeased with the inability of the IGP to honour an earlier invitation by the Senate, the lawmakers had on April 26, slated today for his appearance.

The resolution was reached during last Thursday’s plenary in Abuja after the Senate Leader, Ahmed Lawal, briefed the senators on the arrest of Senator Dino Melaye and killings across the country.

More details coming…

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/05/02/breaking-again-igp-fails-to-appear-before-senate/

They should declare him wanted by the police for failing to appear and disappear be the nigerian most corrupt senators...
Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 02, 2018
Oju4190:
I think Melaye should b call to order by the senate instead of inviting the IG to come and explain God know what

When he was first invited to appear before the senate, was it because of Dino case?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Again, IGP Fails To Appear Before Senate by meolaniyi(m): 2:35pm On May 02, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
The national assembly have made themselves too cheap.
the executive arm dont respect them at all.

They are supporting Buhari by all means thereby letting themselves down.
ordinary inspector may even turn their invitation down and nothing will happen.

if they dont start this impeachment proceeding against Buhari now that he has violated the constitution,
I will then know that they are are fools.
National assembly member have made themselves object of ridicle

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Herdsmen: FG Lied, Ogun Refugees Still In Benin Republic, Says Red Cross / Kachikwu, Baru And The NNPC Debacle By Reuben Abati / Rivers Governorship Candidate, Fubara, Absent As Ayu Hosts PDP Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.