Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex (1834 Views)

IF U Were To Marry Ur Partner The 1st Place U Met,where Wld Ur Wedding Be? / If U Had To Marry Ur Partner Where U Met Them, Wher Will It B? / Do You Wish To Marry Ur Current Partner In The Near Future? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by svil: 8:22am On May 20, 2010
house, i want know if its right to get married to ur friends ex. ur opinion matters alot
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by MissyB1(m): 9:01am On May 20, 2010
This issue has more to do with principles than morality.
As a matter of principle . . . . . . I cannot!!
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by Madukaele(m): 9:09am On May 20, 2010
u said ex righteelings, for me if any of my frend wan marry my foolish ex no problem.

i will b happy cos it will be a burden lifted.lol *she still think i luv her and i will be bak to marry her, let her dream on* grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by Nobody: 9:37am On May 20, 2010
mmmm depends on a lot of factors since its an ex,and am sure we'll both be happy and comfortable with it i think i can go for it.I guess I'll talk to my frend.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by SALady(f): 10:03am On May 20, 2010
eeeeh! go ahead the sister needs love and you my brother have it for her so why not?. You on th eother hand need love and you both have it for each other. Dont do it if you just in it for sake of curiousity or anything other than love, cos it'll just make the two of you look silly. Make it good and make the other ex grin with envy. All is fair in love havent you heared?
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by sexdoctor(m): 11:03am On May 20, 2010
Fela:
Yanga sleep trouble go wake am
na wating you go find
palava you go get!!!! grin cheesy grin
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by Digital(f): 11:40am On May 20, 2010
THE 1ST TIN I DID WHEN I SAW THIS TOPIC IS TO LUK AT THE POSTER'S PROFILE MAYBE ITS MY EX'S FRD.

THAT REALLY HAPPENED TO ME THE EX'S FRD WANTS TO MARRY ME, BUT I CAN'T IMAGINE MYSELF UNDER MY EX'S FRD. ARRG.
AS 4 ME I CAN'T NOT UNDER THE SUN
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by SAGoddess: 12:39pm On May 20, 2010
Before you marry you first have to date and if you can date your friend's EX, don't see a problem marrying her!
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by danben(m): 12:49pm On May 20, 2010
There is know prob if both are ready to forget the past and face the future
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by odiaero3(m): 12:50pm On May 20, 2010
4 me, i will not feel confortable with it, the other party my use it as a weakness 4 ya undecided
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 20, 2010
Depends on the level of friendship. if it the friend in question is just someone I talk to randomly, and the
friendship is not strong enough then well you know grin
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by ursa: 1:02pm On May 20, 2010
@poster

Your question is easy. It is right to marry anybody since the person is not related to you.

Marry a friends ex? Well it depends if you re a boy or girl.

If a you are a girl, will your friend not think you snatched him? Did you have a hand in the break up like a wrong advice.

If you are a boy, then it is easier. You are the one doing the marrying so you know what's up. But hope no snatching was involved.

Why does life have to be complicated and why should it be a friend's ex

The rule is that it depends on the circumstance.

If you do not believe then why does your conscience ask these question.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by SALady(f): 1:10pm On May 20, 2010
To all the respondence saying NO! Lets think about this a bit. When two people are in love why should anyone or anything stand in a way of that? Why should an ex/friend be the be all and end all of the love between two people. Actually the ex/friend should be in support of this since he best knows the good qualities in each of the pair, well unless if he is bitter.

Wouldnt you rather see your ex happy with someone than miserable with you? Better still if its someone you know, 'cos you know she is in good and safe hands? People aught to learn to wish the very best of love for others however near or far. We are all in pursuit of happiness you should be pleased to know that the one you use to love is loved somewhere else and that they have at least found what we all in search of.

Girls just dont dont do it with brothers, cousins and so on now that's a different bal game altogether and low,
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by Onchedu(m): 11:43am On May 21, 2010
Hmmm, Now that's kind of a tough one. I feel it depends on how close my ex was to her and how deep their friendship was in the period we were together; as well as how close me and my ex were and how deep our relationship was. If they were more of "hi-hi" friends than bff's then I myt consider that, otherwise, then I won't.

I'd not like for me very good friend to date my ex let alone marry her but if it's a guy that's more of an acquaintance than a friend, nothing do them.

There are ex's however that tend to know which of their friends or acquaintances u would most likely warm up to if things ever went wrong with u and them. When things they wrong, the 1st person they try to pull close to themselves is that person, not because the love them any more than before but just so they can have access to them to attempt to condition the persons mind to despise and/r reject U should U decide to go after that person.

Anyway, where I find what I want, I will go for it. The worst that could happen is I get a clear rejection.

The complexities of dating Ur ex's friend are however enormous and the relations could have more complexities before it starts. if U haven't gotten over Ur ex, and haven't allowed the relationship arena lie fallow for a reasonable period, U myt tend to put expectations on the person that are unrealistic and want to make Ur ex out of them which is in no way fair on the person nor noble of U.

The ex's friend myt want U to be all the good he/she observed U to be with his/her friend without considering that the ex must have being doing something right for U to have been the person U were with him/her bringing out the best they saw in U.

Anyway, there are cases of hooking up with the ex's friend that turn out good and cases of same that turn out nasty. The plane of suspicion has to be crossed between both parties. Suspicion on the part of the friend that Ur intentions myt not be noble being that U myt have been the one that was hurt and myt just be looking for who to pour venom on, and suspicion on ur part that the friend myt want to just have a fun ride and plunder what's left that his or her friend didnt take.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by petebor02(m): 11:49am On May 21, 2010
4 me, maybe i will secretly date her if she is a sexy type.but can't marry her.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by femmy2010(m): 12:34pm On May 21, 2010
Morally is not the best But the answer remains an individual thing.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by BlakkBoi(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2010
Naturally, virtually every grown up girl is someone's ex. If you are matured enough and has found what you want for a life partner in her then there is no need wasting time but you need to talk to your friend about it and see if he approves. It may be wrong for you to jump in if her former relationship newly crashed or your friend still loves her.

All in all. It will be the biggest mistake of your life to marry someone like my ex. grin grin . because u will die in 12yrs.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by SALady(f): 1:13pm On May 21, 2010
BlakkBoi:

Naturally, virtually every grown up girl is someone's ex. If you are matured enough and has found what you want for a life partner in her then there is no need wasting time but you need to talk to your friend about it and see if he approves. It may be wrong for you to jump in if her former relationship newly crashed or your friend still loves her.
All in all. It will be the biggest mistake of your life to marry someone like my ex. grin grin . because u will die in 12yrs.

Gbaaaam!
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 21, 2010
That babe will do the same for you!
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by Pweety4me(f): 3:52pm On May 21, 2010
@Poster o i see u have already started dating him ehn?ok oo undecided tongue
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by femmy2010(m): 3:54pm On May 21, 2010
I guess he just needed to get more confidence to proceed with what he has started.
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by Bluemoon1(f): 12:37am On May 25, 2010
i don't see anything wrong with that. In this life, make urself happy first. don't hurt urself because u don't want to hurt ur friend
Re: Is It Ok To Marry Ur Friends Ex by MyneWhite1(f): 2:36am On May 25, 2010
You just ahve to follow your heart, not minding what people will say.

[flash=420,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM7wjivOUy8[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

Taking A Bet On A Lady! / Will 'visiting A Brothel To Ease Tension' Be Called Cheating??? / Flirty Fact.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.