Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher (23361 Views)

#RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March / Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them / I Didn't Buy Any Property In Maitama From EFCC - Femi Falana Slams AGF, Malami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by forkadict(m): 10:29pm On May 03, 2018
Tinubu I see you o
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by salbis(m): 10:29pm On May 03, 2018
Daviddson:
Formér Egyptian president was constantly being brought to court on wheelchair and was later convicted despite the fact that he was more than 80 years!
You are right.

1 Like

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by gmaribel(m): 10:33pm On May 03, 2018
Such a shame......
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by mathinips(m): 10:55pm On May 03, 2018
Fyno:
Falana with Dino brought this upon themselves and it's getting worst as the day goes.

Enjoy the change till it lasts.

please how?
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by mathinips(m): 10:58pm On May 03, 2018
post=67260128:
Will you leave this pretender and coward alone please!

If he likes he should go around the country in a COFFIN, he will still be tried , and if found guilty , SENTENCED accordingly.

What a Coward cow!

Ur own time is ticking
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by obailala(m): 11:06pm On May 03, 2018
LifeofAirforce:
Nobody deserves to be treated the way Dino melaye was treated today

I was touched seeing him been dragged to court on a stretcher.

It is important we all concemn this wickedness now else it would become a common problem to us all in the future.
What if I told you there is absolutely nothing wrong with that man on the stretcher?... He's probably even more healthy and hearty than you and me and everyone involved in his case knows this.

Meanwhile did you say 'wickedness'?... Isn't it weird that Nigeria has over 100,000 innocent people languishing in prisons across the nation without trial for no other crime than the fact that they are poor, yet when one mega rich politician is grazed by the police, we all jump into defence shouting 'wickedness'?

3 Likes

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by AreaFada2: 11:18pm On May 03, 2018
Fyno:
Falana with Dino brought this upon themselves and it's getting worst as the day goes.

I remember those guys during oil subsidy protest. grin cheesy

Jonathan wanted subsidy looters to chop sand. But bigots did not allow it.

No peace for dishonest tribalistic bigots parading themselves as statesmen, intellectuals and activists. cheesy cheesy grin grin

Ntor!

1 Like

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by NifemiKolade(m): 11:34pm On May 03, 2018
Lol falana is d next. They are coming for you
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by SirBunky85(m): 11:39pm On May 03, 2018
MissEdified:
‘Degrading and unacceptable’- Falana slams police for arraigning Melaye on stretcher

Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), has slammed the Nigeria Police for arraigning Kogi-West lawmaker, Senator Dino Melaye in court on a stretcher.

Falana said in a statement on Thursday that the degrading and humiliating treatment meted out to Melaye was a violation of his fundamental human right.

The senior advocate said,

He, therefore, called on the National Assembly which has protested against Melaye’s arrest, to use the opportunity to call on the relevant agencies to turn a new leaf.

http://newshelm.ng/degrading-and-unacceptable-falana-slams-police-for-arraigning-melaye-on-stretcher/

where were falana when metuh was also arraigned on stretcher?
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by BluntBoy(m): 11:58pm On May 03, 2018
LifeofAirforce:

It is important we all condemn this wickedness now else it would become a common problem to us all in the future .

It appears like many of you have short memory. Are you people just waking up to the fact that police brutality has become commonplace in Nigeria?

Where were all of you when I was screaming against the injust incarceration of Kemi Olunloyo So, because it has happened to a big man now, you people have started showing concern.

1 Like

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by BluntBoy(m): 11:59pm On May 03, 2018
AreaFada2:

I remember those guys during oil subsidy protest. grin cheesy

Jonathan wanted subsidy looters to chop sand. But bigots did not allow it.

No peace for dishonest tribalistic bigots parading themselves as statesmen, intellectuals and activists. cheesy cheesy grin grin

Ntor!

Please, why do you think Buhari has a hand in Melaye's ordeal?
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by BluntBoy(m): 12:04am On May 04, 2018
Fyno:

Politicising police brutality is just plain stupid. Worse things happened under GEJ.

Have you forgotten how Patience Jonathan used a Commissioner of Police to infringe on a governor's (Amaechi) freedom of movement?

Have you forgotten how Tambuwal's security details was withdrawn?
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by AreaFada2: 12:10am On May 04, 2018
BluntBoy:

Please, why do you think Buhari has a hand in Melaye's ordeal?

Yayaha Bello has a hand in it. The fraudulent recall shows it.

We know Yahaya is Bubu's pussycat. Doing all he can to curry his favour. Did he not even declare public holiday to celebrate Buhari's neglect of duty (return from 3 months medical treatment in UK)?? shocked shocked

In summary, it all boils down to Dino's perceived support for Saraki.

Not that there's anything that separates any of them. Total mediocre bunch of them. From A to Z.

1 Like

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by BluntBoy(m): 12:14am On May 04, 2018
AreaFada2:

Yayaha Bello has a hand in it. The fraudulent recall shows it.

We know Yahaya is Bubu's pussycat. Doing all he can to curry his favour. Did he not even declare public holiday to celebrate Buhari's neglect of duty (return from 3 months medical treatment in UK)?? shocked shocked

In summary, it all boils down to Dino's perceived support for Saraki.

Not that there's anything that separates any of them. Total mediocre bunch of them. From A to Z.

I don't know about Yahaya Bello. But I don't understand why people keep on linking Buhari to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by semyman: 12:21am On May 04, 2018
All these scripts are written by lawyers, so because no one is getting fooled you are sad?
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by contactmorak: 1:26am On May 04, 2018
hushpapi:
I so hate when some funny Nigerians are been sentimental for God sake. What has dino went through? Do you have any idea how many innocent life that are in danger because of this so called vips. The Nigerian police harrassed poor people this country every single day, some even got short and no one to compensate the family or console them for the crime they no nothing about.

There are so many victims suffering today at panti police station, and many maximum prison for what they know nothing about. If they Nigerian government really want to prove that nobody is above the law then let start from the so called vips.

Dino is no innocent, he sponsor thugs and shouldn’t go free. If the innocent can be charged to prison for no reason then Bleep Dino and whoever support him.

The best way to fight corruption is to start from the vips then the poor will learn from it

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THIS SO CALLED FALANA SPOKE OUT AGAINST INJUSTICE AGAINST THE COMMON MAN? YET HE CALLS HIMSELF A HUMAN RIGHT LAWYER

1 Like

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by Dollabiz: 2:00am On May 04, 2018
hmm
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by Kenstufez: 2:11am On May 04, 2018
People say Dino was pretending and some said he was actually sick, what ever the case, what is bad is bad! No justification to the way the senator is been treated!

Since Change came onboard there has not been rule of law, people openly bycut court order... police does not honor Senate invitations and even the Efcc.

One question I need to ask is if police is working for us or against us?? Thing has really changed the wrong way! We need to retrace our footsteps... we need to change the change be you omo igbo, "onye ofe mmanu" or aboki!

1 Like

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by deomelo: 2:12am On May 04, 2018

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Wheeled into court on a stretcher, James Woods, 37, also known as Wathaniel L. Woods, was alert when he faced a judge as his charges were read on Monday.

Woods is charged with murder of a police officer, assault, fleeing police, trafficking in controlled substance, wanton endangerment, possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, DUI, operating on a suspended operators license and possession of drug paraphernalia in connection to a crash on Tuesday that led to the death of a Louisville Metro Police Department officer

Man charged in officer's death wheeled into court on stretcher

This happened in America where Nigeria copied democracy.

Useless Dino and your silly supporters, ferrying accused people to courts is not a new or barbaric thing and the fact that you are playing sick or that you are a drama queen doesn't mean the long arm of the law can not touch you...

Fcukk you and your stretcher.

grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by MahatmaGhandi: 5:09am On May 04, 2018
There was a magistrate in that court presiding over such nonsense.
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by CaptainFM1: 5:55am On May 04, 2018
IME1:
undecided
People in the state houses of assembly, the Senate and house of reps not even forgetting councillors are elected to be the voice of the voiceless (not NGOs, media, blogs or internet primarily)
Now the hunter has become the hunted who will speak for him?
If they can do this to a senator, especially one with loud mouth voice and well known,
What will happen to the truck pusher, street sweeper, beggar, school teacher, village nurse who MAY not know anyone or have a voice cry

They will not even use stretcher for all these people you mentioned. Na drag dem go drag dem for groung to court.
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by femmy2010(m): 6:41am On May 04, 2018
post=67260128:
Will you leave this pretender and coward alone please!

If he likes he should go around the country in a COFFIN, he will still be tried , and if found guilty , SENTENCED accordingly.

What a Coward cow!

lol

1 Like

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by BafanaBafana: 7:05am On May 04, 2018
I think people should instead condemning Dino for his pretence and gimmicks. Doctors declared him fit for trial, he could have walked to court if he wanted to but he chose to go on wheelchair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by adanny01(m): 7:35am On May 04, 2018
BluntBoy:

I don't know about Yahaya Bello. But I don't understand why people keep on linking Buhari to it.

This is the laziness Buhari was talking about. The intellectual laziness exhibited on Nairaland is appalling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by orisa37: 7:43am On May 04, 2018
Nigeria is a Shithole !!!
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by orisa37: 7:52am On May 04, 2018
Buhari and Bello are more wicked at breaking laws than Melaye and Saraki.
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by authority2006(m): 8:15am On May 04, 2018
Fyno:

Shalomc:
tongue
Why bother? The same falana protested wailed shouted campaigned against GEJ. Let them enjoy the change.

Things are working the same way it should be for the first time in Nigeria, stop wailing.
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by OlujobaSamuel: 8:16am On May 04, 2018
thunder74:
I weep for my country. For those supporting the police, don't worry, your turn will soon come.
lol, seriously, have you done visitation to any prison or police cell before?
even if they do this to ibb, obj, gej etc, i go celebrate am, i dey wait make we see who go dash bubu him own too sef, the day we start doing this to the elite, they will correct the system that promote disrespect for the ordinary citizens.
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by authority2006(m): 8:19am On May 04, 2018
LifeofAirforce:

It is important we all condemn this wickedness now else it would become a common problem to us all in the future.

Only not-too-smart people believe that Dino is not hail and healthy. All hail the drama king!
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by authority2006(m): 8:26am On May 04, 2018
Kenstufez:
People say Dino was pretending and some said he was actually sick, what ever the case, what is bad is bad! No justification to the way the senator is been treated!

Since Change came onboard there has not been rule of law, people openly bycut court order . police does not honor Senate invitations and even the Efcc.

One question I need to ask is if police is working for us or against us?? Thing has really changed the wrong way! We need to retrace our footsteps... we need to change the change be you omo igbo, "onye ofe mmanu" or aboki!

Then, why are all the alleged looters still walking down the streets freely after charging them to court? What is protecting them since you believe that there has not been a rule of law.
In a saner society, Dino deserves jail term for the drama he's putting up, obstruction of justice.
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by cenaboy(m): 9:33am On May 04, 2018
But its right for Olise Metu to come to courth with Ambulance and stretcher ...
Falana you are a hypocrite
Re: Falana Slams Police For Arraigning Melaye On Stretcher by earthcrust: 12:43pm On May 04, 2018
Falana should not worry d next is his turn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Crisis : How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel At Your Place? / Oshiomhole In Action At APC Rally In Benin / Osinbajo Arrives Rivers State, Received By Governor Wike (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.