Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Revival & Survival Of The Nigerian Capital Market! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Revival & Survival Of The Nigerian Capital Market! (1222 Views)

SEC Suspends BGL From Capital Market Operations / The Nigerian Capital Market & Nigerian Economy! / The Meltdown Of The Nigerian Capital Market: Causes And Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Revival & Survival Of The Nigerian Capital Market! by jydtee007: 1:33pm On May 20, 2010
after d advent of the recent economic crash experience by all world economies, developed countries has mapped out way forward & are working assiduosly toward recovery & inventing ways of stabilizing there capital markets.

currently, the nigerian capital market has witness some up-turn & shareholders confidence is returning gradually but slow.

to sustain this growth, what & what do u think we should do, put in place?

so that we dont find ourselves in murky waters again.
Re: Revival & Survival Of The Nigerian Capital Market! by PapaBrowne(m): 11:13pm On May 20, 2010
Nice question.
I think it would be a daunting task to get the stock market back on its feet.

One big problem that would keep affecting investors confidence is political stability. Power has just changed hands and investors seem upbeat and appear to repose some confidence in Jonathan. But then again, what happens in 2011, if there is another change of Government??

Secondly, the attitude of regulators. The current CBN Governor appears like someone with an ideological slant that tends to frown at the concept of  trading in the stock market. His actions and utterances would also have an impact on the markets potential for revival.

As for me, I think I am done with the stock market. I think this is the time for financial entrepreneurs to begin to innovatively create new kinds of financial instruments- unique types that would focus more on adding real value to sectors like agriculture, infrastructure, housing, etc.

Mortgage finance, Stock markets, Bonds, Derivatives, Options, Futures etc were all instruments created to enhance value. They worked real good for the west. I think entrepreneurs can develop unique financial systems here in Nigeria. The opportunities are there. The stock market is good but I think we need something different.

(1) (Reply)

Time To Look At Stocks Again -Nigerian Funds Switch Back To Stocks / Where To Get Loans For Aquaculture Business In Lagos / Haulage Contract That Need 70k Investment To Get 200k In 15 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.