Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

How Can I Use My Laptop As A TV, And Also Connect It With Gotv? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Can I Use My Laptop As A TV, And Also Connect It With Gotv? (13003 Views)

BTW Syinix TV And Polystar TV, Which Is The Best To Buy? / Pls How Does Generator Noise Cause Interference With GOTV Signal / Electronic Bed With A TV, Charges Phones & Laptops Made By Nigerian Carpenter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Use My Laptop As A TV, And Also Connect It With Gotv? by oyetpel(m): 1:22pm On May 04, 2018
I am a student, and with the 2018 world cup coming up, i don't want to miss any of the matches, and i want to watch them in my room.

How can i use my laptop as a TV, and also connect a decoder to it?
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop As A TV, And Also Connect It With Gotv? by MicroBox: 1:25pm On May 11, 2018
Download startimes app to your android phone and watch all matches with extremely low data at no cost...
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop As A TV, And Also Connect It With Gotv? by oyetpel(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2018
MicroBox:
Download startimes app to your android phone and watch all matches with extremely low data at no cost...

ok, but network is extremely slow in the area i am living.

If not i would have stream.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Use My Laptop As A TV, And Also Connect It With Gotv? by MicroBox: 1:33pm On May 11, 2018
oyetpel:

ok, but network is extremely slow in the area i am living.

If not i would have stream.
Search for TV tuner card for laptop ....
Re: How Can I Use My Laptop As A TV, And Also Connect It With Gotv? by Savotech: 2:06pm On May 11, 2018
oyetpel:
I am a student, and with the 2018 world cup coming up, i don't want to miss any of the matches, and i want to watch them in my room.

How can i use my laptop as a TV, and also connect a decoder to it?

Its very simple using DC power but not with your laptop, because your laptop can only output videodata via vga or hdmi to a monitor or a projector but it cant accept input data from external source to serve as a monitor. I stand to be corrected.

The solution i discovered is to Buy a 17inch led TV for like 25k or there about. It uses 12vdc, your gotv too uses 12vdc. Buy a laptop powerbank that is capable of supplying 19vdc and12vdc from konga or jumia, then you will enjoy your tv programme for almost 19hrs with at least 5 hours of charging.

Thats exactly what i use and i have never regreted putting my money into it. It saves my fuel to a great extent. I also bought a 5watts12vdc led bulb to give light to my rooms and a 12vdc Rechargeable fan to blow me all night.

I am free from my generator noise and phcn's interruption of my lovely tv programs.

DC is the future of electricity in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Use My Laptop As A TV, And Also Connect It With Gotv? by oyetpel(m): 2:31pm On May 11, 2018
Savotech:

Its very simple using DC power but not with your laptop, because your laptop can only output videodata via vga or hdmi to a monitor or a projector but it cant accept input data from external source to serve as a monitor. I stand to be corrected.

The solution i discovered is to Buy a 17inch led TV for like 25k or there about. It uses 12vdc, your gotv too uses 12vdc. Buy a laptop powerbank that is capable of supplying 19vdc and12vdc from konga or jumia, then you will enjoy your tv programme for almost 19hrs with at least 5 hours of charging.

Thats exactly what i use and i have never regreted putting my money into it. It saves my fuel to a great extent. I also bought a 5watts12vdc led bulb to give light to my rooms and a 12vdc Rechargeable fan to blow me all night.

I am free from my generator noise and phcn's interruption of my lovely tv programs.

DC is the future of electricity in Nigeria.

Ok, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook ‘likes’ Can Reveal Your Secrets, Study Finds / Scientists Implants False Memories In to Mice / Ways To Keep Your Tech Swag Despite High Electricity Tariffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.