Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta (7363 Views)

Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again / Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by xterra2(m): 7:49pm On May 21, 2010
This is a good idea,but not at the moment?Damn floating cities is not built on ballons they require billion of $$$,
If a private financer would be brought then good and fine but not at a moment of no power,no light,no schools,no roads,no security such things
Now,provide light,security,provide jobs,fight corruption.THEN,foreign investors may be invited and they will be glad to do so,not using Nigerias money cause the one is dubai requires money huge one but they were in a debt of $80billion,yestreday a dea was reached in "principle" to "manage" $25 bilion of the debt,
This is not damn too expensive but provise the enabling environment for investors both foreign and local to do this or showcase the idea to them
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by userlist(f): 8:29pm On May 21, 2010
I like the idea. Let them put all the corrupt politicians in there so they can float to other part of the world.
Monkeys.
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by member479760: 9:03pm On May 21, 2010
I think this gentle man should focus on total electrification and industrialization of this country. With this idea of floating cities in this our current situation one should start questioning the common sense of the Mr. president.
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by johnip(m): 9:26pm On May 21, 2010
Friends, this idea is simply unrealistic. But if there is an element of truth in it, CyberG got the right response ;ELECTORAL REFORMS,INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT,STRENTHENING OUR INSTITUIONS ( EFCC,etc) and other similar things. These are more realistic within a year to make reasonable impact. All the same, God Bless Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 21, 2010
To all those criticizing this man I'd say this. @ least he has some vision. It may not come to be but at least he has an idea of how he wants to improve the lot of hispeople.
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On May 21, 2010
Babzilla:

To all those criticizing this man I'd say this. @ least he has some vision. It may not come to be but at least he has an idea of how he wants to improve the lot of hispeople.

Which president so far has not come in with visions?
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by cabali(m): 9:38pm On May 21, 2010
I have lost confidence in this man Jonathan!

This is the second time we will have a graduate as a president and it is seeming like that doesnt even matter; whether you are educated or not
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by bookface: 10:06pm On May 21, 2010
Bloody Nigerians!

If the BBC moves down to Niger Delta to make a documentary of the eyesore living conditions, vis a vis folks who have taken resort and feels comfortable living in slums, more than half of the bloody nairalanders around here will be the first group to tag the government all sort of names.

Now the government feels its time to clean up the dirty slums around the Niger Delta region, give the people better homes, better roads, better schools, fresher environments, as well as improve aesthetics, culture and tourism, all these which is clearly capable of going a long way in improving the average life of folks from that region as well as stem the growing rate of violence!----

but hear the Nairaland bigots "no no, the government shouldn't do such, he should instead focus on electoral reforms and corruption". . . .seriously?

More annoying is the fact that many who bang away at their keyboards are quite far away from Nigeria, so they wouldn't in any way know of the sorry state of the oil producing region.

If Jonathan spends time fighting corruption etc, what assurance do we have that the next president is ever going to improve on where he stopped?

Isn't corruption itself engraved in the minds of most individuals? young and old?

Ever asked a school kid what he wants to be in the future only to get the funny answer "i want to be a rich man" but he/she dosen't know how?

How then, pray tell, can the government fight corruption in the space of 1 year, when the people continue wallowing in slums?

Wouldn't you rather the little $$$ the country has left in her reserves be channeled towards infrastructural development before some pot bellied politician comes along to cart it away in ghana-must-go bags?
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by oge4real(f): 10:22pm On May 21, 2010
Let him exercise patience till he wins 2011 elections. Or is ds a way of telling us dt he MUST win the elections?
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by xterra2(m): 12:55am On May 22, 2010
bookface:

Bloody Nigerians!

If the BBC moves down to Niger Delta to make a documentary of the eyesore living conditions, vis a vis folks who have taken resort and feels comfortable living in slums, more than half of the bloody nairalanders around here will be the first group to tag the government all sort of names.

Now the government feels its time to clean up the dirty slums around the Niger Delta region, give the people better homes, better roads, better schools, fresher environments, as well as improve aesthetics, culture and tourism, all these which is clearly capable of going a long way in improving the average life of folks from that region as well as stem the growing rate of violence!----

but hear the Nairaland bigots "no no, the government shouldn't do such, he should instead focus on electoral reforms and corruption". . . .seriously?

More annoying is the fact that many who bang away at their keyboards are quite far away from Nigeria, so they wouldn't in any way know of the sorry state of the oil producing region.

If Jonathan spends time fighting corruption etc, what assurance do we have that the next president is ever going to improve on where he stopped?

Isn't corruption itself engraved in the minds of most individuals? young and old?

Ever asked a school kid what he wants to be in the future only to get the funny answer "i want to be a rich man" but he/she dosen't know how?

How then, pray tell, can the government fight corruption in the space of 1 year, when the people continue wallowing in slums?

Wouldn't you rather the little $$$ the country has left in her reserves be channeled towards infrastructural development before some pot bellied politician comes along to cart it away in ghana-must-go bags?
Read this again
xterra2:

This is a good idea,but not at the moment?Damn floating cities is not built on ballons they require billion of $$$,
If a private financer would be brought then good and fine but not at a moment of no power,no light,no schools,no roads,no security such things
Now,provide light,security,provide jobs,fight corruption.THEN,foreign investors may be invited and they will be glad to do so,not using Nigerias money cause the one is dubai requires money huge one but they were in a debt of $80billion,yestreday a dea was reached in "principle" to "manage" $25 bilion of the debt,
This is not damn too expensive but provise the enabling environment for investors both foreign and local to do this or showcase the idea to them

Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by samdigo(m): 1:03am On May 22, 2010
dont build it too close to cameroon, unless those greedy people would claim it
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by Kgdavid(m): 2:46am On May 22, 2010
the beauty of democrasy and the electoral reforms i believe dr Jonathan is serious about is that all/any of you that don' like jonathan's policies can get up, abandon ur useless key board, form your political party and run for elections.
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by maimalari: 7:12am On May 22, 2010
Jonathan the dreamer.thought he's got just 12 months.
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by chidichris(m): 8:47am On May 22, 2010
unfortunately, our frustrations have turned our minds upside down.
look at nairalanders celebrating empty promises.
last time it was soludo promising to make anambra dubai and japan overnight and u see nairalanders celebrating. i saw nairalanders celebrating obj's promise to fix electricity within six months and we all jumped up in celebrations.
yar adua came with 7 points agenda and vission 2020 that will make america look at us with envy and as usual we were jumping in celebration of our dreams. jonathan is on it again, electricity and floating cities. my only question is; WHEN?
will this be the backborne of his campeign come 2011?
anyways, let me leave u all in ur celebration of dreams but before that, i will make available a made in nigeria aircraft.
pls nairalanders celebrate this promise as usual.
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by Confusion: 9:45am On May 22, 2010
i simply wonder how we analyse issues in nl,
if he want to build floating cities then let him go ahead with it as long as it is done in naija and not somewhere else

some nigerians steal cash just to fund other countries economy, even if the project will fail but at least it will be done in naija and a lot of people would benefit from it
as long as it is done in nigeria i dont care
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by Confusion: 9:54am On May 22, 2010
if fashola says he want to be cities in Barbeach, people will still open their mouth to talk about security and light,
Before he started with the road construction people talked but aat least we can see thast are economy is opening up
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by otokx(m): 11:04am On May 22, 2010
I want to believe that Ebele did not say this and that its all a media creation. Most of our leaders are moving disasters no one different from the other. Ebele should try and do one thing at a time say electoral reforms backed by rule of law and then finish this tenure. The way i saw him galivanting in Port Harcourt and disturbing our peace with those over head military helicopters then i suspected he might not be too different from Yar Adua (the peace of allah be on him).
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by kayzkayz(m): 12:54pm On May 22, 2010
Na so so garri we dey drink with beans, He has to do whatever thing possible 4 our good living! lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Which president so far has not come in with visions?

True there sha. but this plan sure beats all the others. Lets c how it goes
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by SLIGHT(m): 2:41pm On May 22, 2010
Building more cities wont solve the oil spillage, the lack of basic amenities, militancy, crime, and so on. He shld compel shell, chevron and the rest and to clean up all this oil mess in n.Delta for heaven's sake! Look at the swift action bp is taking at the mexican gulf because usa has policies which r enforced. Goodluck shld also provide clean water, stabilize power and create jobs b4 building floating cities. You all knw that if floating cities were built they would be plundered by those big headed good-for-nothing corrupt kleptomaniac politicians.
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by yeswecan(m): 2:48pm On May 22, 2010
If this is factually accurate then GJ must be out of touch. . floating cities my foot . . Get us electoral reform and power in just one year.
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by Desdo(m): 2:55pm On May 22, 2010
I wonder the direction we are heading to in this country what about the 7 point agenda of his predecessor. The idea of building a so called 'mega city' is a mirage. I doubt if Goodluck would conduct a free n fair election since he is interested in vying 4 d presidency
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by yeswecan(m): 3:02pm On May 22, 2010
^^^^

That's the problem . . he is interested in the presidency and he know PDP's chances in a free and open election . ,   This guy is not any different from his boss
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by honeric01(m): 3:29pm On May 22, 2010
Can someone please verify this unrealistic news from another media house? just because one silly newspaper wrote this does not mean it's true, where else can this news be found apart from this silly media house?
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by jokingmary(m): 4:19pm On May 22, 2010
He should try to finish this project not just announcing it
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:51pm On May 22, 2010
until we lot get off our collective arrses and kill these b.astards. all we will continue to do is write up motivational speeches, draw up grandiose programs and click post buttons all day long
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by SLIGHT(m): 5:56pm On May 22, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

until we lot get off our collective arrses and kill these b.astards. all we will continue to do is write up motivational speeches, draw up grandiose programs and click post buttons all day long
Nail right on the head! We need imitate kyrgystan, madagascar, thailand,ukraine in order to see swift changes.Rather than gazing at our politicians and complain
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by Kaestro(m): 5:58pm On May 22, 2010
Unless the subject was misinterpreted the title is obviously a wrong description of the perceived idea. A floating city is an impossibility unless in Dubai.
Now to the point, my fellow nlers have done enough justice to this thread with almost accurate responses however my contribution is, floating city is not what we need in ND. Education, provision of enabling living standards,access to good health care, power and everything that involves human & capital development may one day spark up the improvement of existing cities.[b] Floating cities, no thanks!! Give me ligh[/b]t
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by TewMuch: 7:48pm On May 22, 2010
I guess its the type of living Ijaw and ilaje people would love, being that they like water.Always wondered if these groups are related.The guy is trying to do what he can for his peeps to maintain their lifestyle but on a grander scale.lol.
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by Ranoscky(m): 11:19am On May 23, 2010
Rano walks in . . .

read what thread is all about . . . dolling.

Rano walks out singing young jeezy- my president is black.
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by denniscla: 1:02pm On May 23, 2010
Enjoy your browsing on your NOKIA FONES, BLACKBERRY, LAPTOPS FOR FREE (@ ZERO Naira, 24hrs browsing) on any kind of NETWORK in NIGERIA such as MTN, ETISALAT, ZAIN, MULTI LINKS.etc,

NOTE: THIS IS NOT YOUR-FREEDOM BROWSING @ALL,

This is TESTED and TRUSTED,

After my JOB, YOU are to use it to your satisfaction before you PAY mI,

We also deal with FORMATTING AND INSTALLATIONS, SOFTWARE, MUSIC, GAMES DOWNLOADS, RENEWING YOUR SYSTEMS(LAPTOPS), WIRELESS OPERATOR, MODEM DISTRIBUTOR, AND ANY KIND OF LATEST ANTI-VIRUS,

FOR FONES: #1000
FOR BLACKBERRY: NOT YET AVAILABLE
FOR LAPTOPS: #2500 PLEASE THIS ARE FIX PRICES NO DISCOUNT,- 2000 FOR MORE THAN ONE LAPTOP
MAIL DENNIS.CLAUDE@YAHOO.DE
You c an start your own business if i tutor you on the entire package which costs 10k call 08037251700
Re: Jonathan Plans Floating Cities In Niger Delta by Ranoscky(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2010
@Dennis na wa 4 u oh . . . shooo . . shocked

u no even say make u comment even if na 1 line on the topic b4 u advertise ur product?

Oga fun e O!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

There Is No Comparison Between Mend And Boko Haram / FEC Approves Seven New Road Projects Across The Six Geo-political Zones / Go To Tribunal, Stop Unnecessary Protest, Group Tells Ize- Iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.