Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

"Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (46296 Views)

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / After 14 Days Of Marriage, Nigerian Man Shares His Experience / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by whitebeard(m): 1:41pm On May 06, 2018
OldBeer:
This thread will get to front page and reach 72 pages.
This is the only type of topic the blacks are well versed in.
Pounding yam.
Washing plate.
Cooking food.
In an age where people nay women are conquering space, the blacks only see their worth in domestic affairs.
Custodians of traditions that have made them the laughingstock of the entire human race.
Tueh!

Thank God my countdown to leaving the shithole is almost nigh.
Father, I thank you once again.
pls tell me the country that abandoned it's tradition..!! Not even america..Americans still keep their guns, cause that part of their heritage..

Oga u think u making sense..bruh..u ain't making sense..not all that glitters is gold..!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by OldBeer: 1:49pm On May 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

grin grin
No doubt some traditions are meaningless, but there's a baseline for some stuff every human in Africa should know.
I agree totally.
For me, its just tiring talking about the same old thing everyday.
Thanks for being civil.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Jman06(m): 1:57pm On May 06, 2018
Xisnin:

I guess you are still very young. There is more to marriage than training or manners
and I can assure you that your logic will fade with time.

If you 45years and above ignore my post.
We all have our different needs from our partners. Mine is a real lady who has respect, good morals, who's faithful, can cook and take good care of the home. If a maid can offer me the above and I am sexually attracted to her, I will not hesitate to marry her.

2 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by deic9(m): 1:58pm On May 06, 2018
Are maids not someone else's daughter? undecided
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by gonkin(m): 2:00pm On May 06, 2018
gr8tone:
Thank my God, I guess right. I knew you could be this type.

Never had an idea someone's monitoring
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 06, 2018
biacan:
It's true ooooo but most girls don't want to lower their ego and learn how to cook because they think it's making them look like a maid in their husband's houses..........Ehmmm future hubby no need to go for a maid I can pound fufu well........ Just hope it's enough embarassed men are never satisfied lipsrsealed

Why do I feel this is your Alternate Account ! You berra come out from your hiding place. Don't worry, I will use money & 45Million Porsche to bring out.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by abike12(f): 2:05pm On May 06, 2018
Idle woman
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by lulufaj(m): 2:10pm On May 06, 2018
biacan:
It's true ooooo but most girls don't want to lower their ego and learn how to cook because they think it's making them look like a maid in their husband's houses..........Ehmmm future hubby no need to go for a maid I can pound fufu well........ Just hope it's enough embarassed men are never satisfied lipsrsealed

Women are always satisfied isn’t it?
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Kazim88: 2:15pm On May 06, 2018
folabounce:

All you desire is someone you can control and rule. You don't have a wife sir, you have a loyal subject. Thanks

Who is a "Wife".... in any context (both African or European)

Nigeria Women wants to be "Lords" in their homes dictating who stay or go... Yet they are paid for (dowry), fed and clothe...

The major reason why most married African women are insecure is because they are empty... their authority (and call for equal respect) is built on nothing concrete... they are simply liabilities that are drowning in their husband house.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by godofuck231: 2:18pm On May 06, 2018
No need your daughters are just for fun, the wives are cooking or at work, they know how to take care of the home and work for a living

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Slikbae: 2:21pm On May 06, 2018
Dude, I'm well travelled and have met people from different continents and nationalities and i tell you,
Africans are the most cultural people.
DeRay98:

You need to be familiar with Arabs, Koreans, Japanese, Indians then you'll know those cultures withstood the European brainwash and cultural dilution that Africans and particularly Nigerians fell for.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by mechanics(m): 2:22pm On May 06, 2018
Lolz, I don't think so.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 06, 2018
I wonder anyways but even as an entrepreneur, I cook because I love home made meals slot. I wash although with washing machine, I take good care of my home. There is no big deal in making sure, the home is comfortable for me and family. It's no big deal really.
And humility and respect is one part of me, that's been imbibed from childhood.

So who says all career ladies are arrogant and lazy?
There are some maids who are arrogant as soon they get married, there are career women out there who are humble. So it's not about the profession but all the woman herself and the kind of home training she was brought up with

Well we can all wish for the best in our spouses smiley

Check my signature and chat me up on whatsapp, if you are interested in any of our offers smiley God bless.

2 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 06, 2018
I wonder anyways but even as an entrepreneur, I cook because I love home made meals alot. I wash although with washing machine, I take good care of my home. There is no big deal in making sure, the home is comfortable for me and family. It's no big deal really.
And humility and respect is one part of me, that's been imbibed from childhood.

So who says all career ladies are arrogant and lazy?
There are some maids who are arrogant as soon they get married, there are career women out there who are humble. So it's not about the profession but all about the woman herself and the kind of home training she was brought up with

Well we can all wish for the best in our different spouses smiley

Check my signature and chat me up on whatsapp, if you are interested in any of our offers smiley God bless.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Myself2(m): 2:39pm On May 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:

You are righ my brother... The woman i wanted to marry told that i will get a maid for her as she dont know how to cook and clean the house.

I just ran 440. I dont like keeping maids.. Its a child abuse.
!

A wife that can't cook, that one na wife

By the way, not all maids are under aged anyway, my wife cooks her soups and stews herself, maid accompanies her to the market,cleans and cuts the ingredients and condiments.My children dey join from time to time cos they're still young now and all boys, even me sef, I dey enter kitchen for some quick fixes, no biggies and no be by force though.I'm well taken care of.Shout out to my wifey

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by donstefano8(m): 2:48pm On May 06, 2018
My Aunt was once a maid, through it all she is the best cook, mother,aunt, sister, prophetess, Business woman all because she was once a maid and learnt all the Rudiments in her life through her master's or employers I can't even attest that my mom is not as good as her. She has been able to send her only daughter through to the university, Till this moment Everyone still praises and adores her till this Day, am her number one fan.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by flamingREED(m): 2:58pm On May 06, 2018
Their daughters sit before TV's till midnight.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by flamingREED(m): 2:59pm On May 06, 2018
OldBeer:
This thread will get to front page and reach 72 pages.
This is the only type of topic the blacks are well versed in.
Pounding yam.
Washing plate.
Cooking food.
In an age where people nay women are conquering space, the blacks only see their worth in domestic affairs.
Custodians of traditions that have made them the laughingstock of the entire human race.
Tueh!

Thank God my countdown to leaving the shithole is almost nigh.
Father, I thank you once again.

Have you not heard of food technology?

Space science is not man's basic need.
Food is.

First things first.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 06, 2018
ocholawealth:

by the power conferred on me as the president of this thread, you are hereby banished from Africa.

Small minded simpleton! Of course you are incapable of understanding things that are not as simple as cooking. It’s okay. Your affliction is not your making.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 06, 2018
JeffreyJamez:

Please o, What life changing invention have you yourself thought of or come up with?

I have tried to leave my environment a better place than I met it. The truth remains that we are backwards as a country and continent because we always have misplaced priority.

Imagine creating a thread about cooking and cleaning in 2018? Just sad.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by laudate: 3:10pm On May 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:
A Nigerian woman lamented on facebook that has since gone viral on the internet that house maids are getting ssuitors and their daughters are been rejected.

She further stated that after training Maids on how to clean, good cooks and do good things. men will leave their daughters and marry the maids.

What do you think of our girls manners these days?

https://questionnigeria.com/question/nigerian-woman-laments-over-house-maids-getting-good-husbands/

Her post was incomplete. sad She did not tell us the type of suitors that are marrying their maids....last time I checked, some of those suitors were drivers, cooks, security men and janitors. Would she agree if those same suitors came forward to marry her daughters? She should let us know....

salt1:
I'm curious to know this woman's social circle.
I haven't seen the men marrying maids.

I know of Dangote's daughter getting married. Or is she a maid?

Rubbish generalization!

I wonder, o! shocked And some of these women who are now lamenting that their daughters are not getting married, had also rejected different suitors who came much earlier to marry their daughters, on the basis of some flimsy excuses like "he doesn't come from our place, he looks one kind, he lacks prospects etc."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by laudate: 3:15pm On May 06, 2018
Xisnin:
Ignorance is a disease.
Your uneducated maids are getting married because they have little to no expectations from their suitors.
It is the same reason why uneducated non-maids hardly remain single for long.
How many of these concerned parents will allow their educated daughters marry an artisan or an agbero?

Educated maids face the same problems as educated non-maids.

If you want more suitors for your daughters throw the door wide open for all suitors.
Thank me later.

True talk! cheesy If all it took for women to get married, was knowing how to cook and clean, trust me - many of them would have become culinary experts by now, in order to snag a man, and wear his ring. I have seen so-oo-oo many single women in their 30s and 40s, who know how to cook, clean and take care of the home, but are still very much single. Instead, the men who approach them end up chopping their food, money and time, only to abscond when they have had their fill.

Choosing the right spouse goes beyond looking at cooking, cleaning and housekeeping. undecided But the small boys on this thread, will not understand such things... The quality of men being raised these days, leaves a lot to be desired.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by sammysammy111(m): 3:23pm On May 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:

You are righ my brother... The woman i wanted to marry told me that i will get a maid for her as she dont know how to cook and clean the house.

!

U can Imagine how many girls don miss dat kind of opportunity, may God deliver our girls ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by mediclife1987(m): 3:25pm On May 06, 2018
biacan:

If they think they can do Feminism, we sef go show them sey we fit do Maninism.

Kontinuu.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by emelda86(f): 3:30pm On May 06, 2018
Thank God for my mum if not for her I for no sabi cook before I dey cook potiiiii but now don't try me cos u will eat & bite your fingers...

God bless you mama no be say my papa get money o...
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by mabea: 3:35pm On May 06, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Thank you. The exact thing I wanted to write. While people all over the world are coming up with life changing inventions, we remain basic. Discussing mundane things. Like who cooked and who didn’t cook. Rubbish country! Too bad I can’t choose where I am from. Nigeria won’t have been my choice.
It's only cowards that run away from their challenges real people faceit until they conquer.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Dareal90s(m): 3:40pm On May 06, 2018
biacan:
Must you marry? Your mates are in the convent as nuns.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by biacan(f): 3:43pm On May 06, 2018
Dareal90s:

Must you marry? Your mates are in the convent as nuns.
And your mates are in monastery as monks while some in the parish as priest what are you waiting for ?

2 Likes

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Rawani: 4:07pm On May 06, 2018
KingMicky3286:

You are righ my brother... The woman i wanted to marry told me that i will get a maid for her as she dont know how to cook and clean the house.

!

I feel honoured to be the 100th liker and 10th sharer of such a sensible post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Reference(m): 4:09pm On May 06, 2018
Your maid cannot enable you attain your potentials neither can she be a custodian of legacy or project vision. Any man who seeks a partner for food and fun alone is quite frankly a waste of space on earth.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Evangelistofluv: 4:15pm On May 06, 2018
Sure!! Why won t the men go for the house help you kept as slaves to ur daughters??

See the differece
1. House help are strong..... Ur girls are lazy.
2. House helps can cook ... Ur girls aint good cooks big man daughter
3. Househelp can wash her panties and household... Ur girls cant wash their panties too lazy..
4. Neatness is part of marriage... Ur girls are dirty most of them...
5. Just sex cant make a home..... Ur girls think only sex can keep a man....

So if you love ur daughters, teach them good home bringing habits then we guys will marry them....if we marry lazy girls and hire Maid for them, the Maid can f*ck Oga and overthrow her hahahahahha

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tee Nsofor: Nigerian Intersex Lady Receives Support As She Comes Out / Married Men How Do You Confidently Cheat On Your Spouse? ( My Experience) / Man Weds His Beautiful Japanese Bride ( See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.