Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

What Is Life? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Life? (24669 Views)

The Testimony: The Word Is Life. / Jesus Christ Is Life; And You Say He Is Not God? / Such Is Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Life? by Silvermoney: 8:10pm On May 06, 2018
Nothing. Life is meaningless...

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Life? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 06, 2018
On point. Life is nonsense on repeat forever angry

makydebbie:
Please this post is not for the feeble or dull minds.

Is this life worth anything?

What is life?

Because, I've come to realize that we're just living to die. And is this life worth the whole stress of living? If my question makes any sense.

I've also come to understand you don't live happily at any point. Things will happen and situations will keep stressing you at every point. When you're poor, you want to be rich so that you can solve your problems. But when you're also rich, there'll be stress. You'll start trying to make sure you don't go back to poverty and invest wisely. You can't just sit and enjoy your wealth. Situations will keep cropping up. Sometimes I'm scared to be happy because happiness doesn't last. Something bad must always happen.

What is this life?
Is it worth the stress that issues will keep coming up and you don't even get to sit back and enjoy?

Being a child is the best thing that happened to us all. Because then you had no worries, as we grow, our needs becomes endless. We're insatiable.

What is life? I'm tired of living, living this hard life knowing I'm going to die anytime and my goals and dreams that I'm working for becomes nothing at the end. I'm tired of getting almost everything wrong. Tired of not being happy all the time and the stress that keeps coming up.

What is the essence of life if we're just living and suffering only to die. Because in this life, THERE'S NOTHING LIKE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. We're just going through hell, just to die at the end.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by jaychubi: 8:14pm On May 06, 2018
To live is for Christ and to die is gain

Olodo op give ur life to Christ and stop asking stupid question

D purpose if life is to prepare us for eternal life if only we accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour

3 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by peacengine(m): 8:15pm On May 06, 2018
OP, you are beauty and brains. I was reflecting on this issue recently. Trying to understand things like you, but if my future is in God's hands like the psalmist confirms in ps16, then I can let go and let God jus handle some issues
Re: What Is Life? by karlboss: 8:17pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:

What is life?

Because, I've come to realize that we're just living to die. And is this life worth the whole stress of living? If my question makes any sense.

I've also come to understand you don't live happily at any point. Things will happen and situations will keep stressing you at every point. When you're poor, you want to be rich so that you can solve your problems. But when you're also rich, there'll be stress. You'll start trying to make sure you don't go back to poverty and invest wisely. You can't just sit and enjoy your wealth. Situations will keep cropping up. Sometimes I'm scared to be happy because happiness doesn't last. Something bad must always happen.

What is this life?
Is it worth the stress that issues will keep coming up and you don't even get to sit back and enjoy?

Being a child is the best thing that happened to us all. Because then you had no worries, as we grow, our needs becomes endless. We're insatiable.

What is life? I'm tired of living, living this hard life knowing I'm going to die anytime and my goals and dreams that I'm working for becomes nothing at the end. I'm tired of getting almost everything wrong. Tired of not being happy all the time and the stress that keeps coming up.

What is the essence of life if we're just living and suffering only to die. Because in this life, THERE'S NOTHING LIKE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. We're just going through hell, just to die at the end.

Unplug your soul from the matrix that the men that control this world has created then you will understand life. They keep you us in control by making us chase the things that we feel will make us happy but they don't. If you can remove your mind from the matrix around you. Your essence will appear.
The sole purpose of creation of man is to grow and become like the gods that created us but mundane things like money, fashion , sports, religion etc will prevent you from this

4 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by shaybebaby(f): 8:18pm On May 06, 2018
The purpose to life is the purpose you give it. Knowing that there are no guarantees means that everything and nothing is up for grabs.

It all depends on YOU and what you choose to do from moment to moment. Because that is really all we have, living in one moment not sure if the next is going to come.

So what do you do? You enjoy that moment. Fill it with things that YOU want, let the knowledge that time lost can never be regained so each and every second is precious and to be celebrated.

Love, laugh, cry, sleep, read. The good and the bad work together. Without the bad, how can we recognise not to speak of appreciating the good?

Its not the destination that matters, its the journey. Might I suggest you read up on Mindfulness. It teaches us to appreciate the simplest of things, taking our time to savour each moment, each feeling without allowing the mind to wander to "what next? ".

Celebrate the little things and in time, you will realise that no matter the situation, the one constant is YOU.

Happiness is a choice. If you want to be happy, then be.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Life? by Barywhyte(m): 8:20pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:
I just want to know the essence of this life.
It's seems life is a battle that you fight to lose.
I even doubt the happily sometimes after. It's short. And the real struggles starts again. I've read birches.

Hello Op. somebody earlier attempted to answer your query.

Who is your creator? who created you? Ask him that question. He has all the answer.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by jamace(m): 8:21pm On May 06, 2018
Life is beautiful.

Love your God and love your neighbour as you love yourself.

Those who believe that they must steal, cheat and rundown others in order to be ahead of others only accumulate pain and sorrow for themselves.

The beautiful and most important things of life are free.

Live and let's live!

4 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by hermesprogidy(m): 8:23pm On May 06, 2018
I can't agree more. Lost a colleague last week Saturday. Painful part was, he wasn't even sick. He just strolled out, slumped and died. This was someone we had a long discussion with at the office, and made plans for the following week. We even had discussions about him moving to his new house. Another colleague was teasing that he works too hard and take a leave and we all laughed, only to hear he passed on the following day. All his dreams and plans, just extinguished in a fleeting moment. Life is really meaningless.
Rest in perfect peace my friend Mr Adeyemi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by Sarang(f): 8:25pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:

What is life?

What is this life?

cry cry
Re: What Is Life? by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 06, 2018
existence has no essence .let life flow as it comes don't bother about material things.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by igetjoyfromthis: 8:27pm On May 06, 2018
UDUJ:

Your question is unique; as is any question pondering on the meaning or purpose of life.

The essence of life is one’s innate characteristics, quality and substance of thoughts and actions. A person of the aforesaid qualities, generally, radiates personality flair. Let me give an example of such person from history:

His name was Goethe a German philosopher, poet and other attributes. In his own life he experienced much sorrow, but gradually he gained an inner command over life’s difficulties and attained a detachment and calm which brought peace to him. Napoleon first saw him when he was over sixty. As he stood in the doorway, there was something in his face and figure, an untroubled look and bearing so full of dignity, that Napoleon exclaimed: “Voila un homme!” meaning (Look) “What a man!”

Whoever acquires detachment and calm following difficult time may emerge a person with essence of life spreading fragrance of his/her qualities. There are many dignitaries in this category, but the above just flashed in my mind.

So in summary, to me the essence of life is To Know Thyself. For me "know thyself" means to know your authentic self, true you or sincere core. Name it however you'd like to.

It's to know your real:

Goals (what do you want in life?)
Values (why do you want to achieve your goals?)
Style (how do you want to achieve your goals?)
From here one can move towards their dreams and have happy, fulfilled life.

In my opinion, it's not enough to "know thyself", you need to "be thyself". You might find out your true want but still doing a job you hate. You've got to have guts to follow your heart. You will thank yourself later for this. smiley

Nice one smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by peacengine(m): 8:28pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol, okay.

Beautiful things of life lol. The only thing life promises us is death.

Hahaha I will like to see your pix fine girl. Life is never ending. Do you think the soul dies? Your soul is immortal and that is where life truly finds its purpose. In the physical, you can do well to leave a legacy behind by good works but life continues after

2 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by Premiumwriter: 8:29pm On May 06, 2018
To me life doesn't have any purpose just the one we give it.

If you are born, you can decide to sit, probably earn your daily bread and wither away or take action, set goals, achieve those goals and be happy that you were able to accomplish your goals in life before death comes. Life has always been vanity upon vanity because that which we have achieved is but for a time.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by Bianda24: 8:30pm On May 06, 2018
My take: the essence of life is to serve God. The reason for our existence is to serve the Supreme Being. It's only through this worship that we can be truly happy. Whether you are a Christain, Muslim or Buddhist, it is important that you know your God. It is through him that we can explain the mystery of life.
Death gives life true meaning. Without it, man will live life anyhow. We can not live forever, so we need to take succour from the supernatural.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by Barywhyte(m): 8:31pm On May 06, 2018
Jamie90:

You are obviously having suicidal thoughts. If that's the case, I won't encourage you not to because everyone has the right to do whatever they want with their life.

I find it ironical that a feeble minded person said that her thread isn't for the feeble mind.

Yes!, you are feeble minded; If not, you should have known that the challenges we face in life is what makes it interesting and fun. life is full of challenges but when properly managed, they could become opportunities.

And no, we don't live to die; that's not the purpose of life.
Whatever happened to our fallen heroes; Nnamdi azikiwe, awolowo, ahmadu bello, uthman dan fodio, and even your beloved Ghanaian Kwame Kyeretwie Boakye Danquah, who was arguably the greatest nationalist in Africa. Did these men live to die? No!, they properly tackled the challenges they faced, and in turn, these challenges gave them the opportunity to become heroes

We live to make a mark; to create a legacy that shall live on even when are gone.

Try to make yourself proud, and I bet you - your mentality about life will change.

#happy Sunday.

I think you quietly missed the impulse of her message. This is not necessarily from a feeble mind nursing suicidal thoughts.

I have reflected on such years ago. I didn't nurse any suicidal thoughts.

And for those great people you mentioned, their heroism and their accomplishments in the physical world are only felt by you and me. Unfortunately, that's all. Wherever they are now, they will be wishing it is not that at all or a little bit greater than that.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by potbelly(m): 8:31pm On May 06, 2018
Op, I get to ask myself this same question sometimes... What exactly is life all about when we get to leave everything in the end...

My answer is always... All we have are the moments we have or create and relive as memories cos in the end, there is really nothing in this life...
Re: What Is Life? by 9jaArea: 8:35pm On May 06, 2018
MONEY WOMEN AND POWER
Re: What Is Life? by alpontif(m): 8:39pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:

What is life?

What is this life?

What a wonderful question. I am truly pleased to come across this question this evening.....it is a sign that you are heading towards enlightenment. To answer your question, I want you to keep something in mind, and that is; Wisdom , when pursued to its utmost extent, becomes foolishness. I will illustrate that point further in this answer.

The short answer is philosophically speaking, Life is pointless. Everything is pointless. Yes.

If you read Ecclesiastes very well, you will understand the true nature of our existence. It is completely pointless, and that fact has serious implications for the mindset we have, and how we live this pointless life.

The implication is you either have to become a Stoic hedonist, or an ascetic.

Live life, enjoy it, pursue pleasure, if you get it , fine, if you don't fine, if you are rich fine, if not, fine.....in the long run...nothing matters...we will all die and the universe will grind on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by ShenTeh(m): 8:44pm On May 06, 2018
LIVE IS DEATH

To understand life, we must first understand death.

Ironically, this is one good subject almighty science has been unable to demystify.

The arts and sciences have been practically betrayed by their supposed understanding of these phenomena.

When we are born, we are condemned to die. As we are not only living life but we are living to die.

So we live all of our LIVES trying to conquer death. This is our whole everyday struggle. This is why I conclude that life is death.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by Chydoo: 8:44pm On May 06, 2018
The essence or purpose of a product was already defined by the manufacturer before it was produced. Life is a product.

We deceive ourselves if we say there is no intelligence in the order and logic where which we exists. In short science has only proved that we exist in a highly intelligently designed system or systems we call life or existence. Our ecosystems, DNA etc only points to such intelligence. Intelligence begats intelligence.

So I think your question is the age old question? Who or what is God (unmoved mover, uncreated creator) and what was the purpose of life before its creation? What was the purpose of this product before it was produced?

More questions than answers.

I found Truth in the Bible, God's word.
But the true test for all beliefs is death. What we meet or don't meet after we die. I however pray that you find the Truth while alive because knowing it now will guide you on how to live this oppurtunity we call life.

makydebbie:

What is life?

What is this life?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by seansifo(m): 8:45pm On May 06, 2018
Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

makydebbie:

What is life?

What is this life?

5 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by charmingfrank(m): 8:46pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:

What is life?

What is this life?

I like that u are thinking, but if really u want to get answers to "What life is" Then u need to Study existentialism, most especially existence and ambiquity. The question u failed to ask is Why "The born?, hmmmm. If I should start I won't stop but however lemme give some light of it all.

According to Buddha
He argues that, Our fundamental existence is suffering, in the sense that when we are giving birth to, it is suffering, in the process of growing it is also suffering, life itself it is suffering. We all strive to live an accomplish greatness by all means, but we should life a life of modracy

According to the existentialists, Most notably of them all Jean paul-satre, he has argued repeatedly that human life is full of nothingness and absurdity, he gave a detail exam of God who was condemned to am everlasting punishment by ruling rock to the top of the mountain and rolling it down (Sylipsis). In essence that is how human life is, we aspire to get to the top and when we get there we see that really there is nothing and then our life start getting diminishing all over again. Now the question is why the born? Why am I here? Do I really have to be here?. Furthermore, according to a philosopher,, he argues, that if the room is smokey, u have the chance to either stay or run away, but if u stay, do not complain. In essence, when life get so tired and meaningless, you have the right to either stay or take away your life, but if u choose to stay alive, do not complain. Complaining will implies that u will be living in Bad faith, bad faith in the sense that u cannot take responsibility for your actions.

In conclusion as Socrates said, man know thyself, an unexamined life is not worth living. I will leave you with this, first of all examine your life, essi e percipi, (to be is to perceive). Know what u want, do u really want to be happy? How can I be happy? Is happiness the ultimate goal of my existence? Above all, if u need more one to one or good online talk u can message me on my e-mail bamipower03@gmail.com. stay sharp and be more sophisticated in your thinking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by Newbeginnings(m): 8:47pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:
What of those that died purposelessly? They had a purpose too. Some were at the verge of fulfilling their purpose but they died.

Life has no purpose, just look at us human beings, believing that we are better than animals and yet we die just the same way.

In the end the same bacteria eat our bodies and we turn to nothing... so where are we headed.. Where are we going? After enjoying lots of fun at the age of 20, we age into beings that can barely move at the age of 70...

Why is life like that...

Life is not actually like that, but that is how Human beings think life is... What is life actually, why do you need air to survive, what is your consciousness.

To be truthful, you need to first understand what you are and who you are before you can understand who you are... remember that you are not makydebbie or debbie or deborah or whatever your name is... That name is who your parents say you are and not who you actually are...

We are born and the next thing we believe is that girls are supposed to do this or do that.. who taught us to do all that.. Who started life and who started the rules... Why do we live the way we do... Why are their religions and everything.

For you to understand the purpose of life, you have to actually have a broad mind. You have to forget everything you believed....

Why can't you wear blue, black, green, yellow, red and white together. Because people will say it is color riot... so is that what life is all about living for other people...

Why can't you wear tattered clothes outside, because of what people will think... Is life all about other people or about you...

That is why we can't learn the true purpose of life, because we keep thinking about ourselves, we keep thinking of why we have to struggle...

The universe is so large, have you asked yourself, why there are so many animals in the world or so many fishes in the waters, why do we need so many species... Why does life exist everywhere...

Where is life going to and why does it exist in the first place... Why do I have to grow, go to school and get a job and work till I age, then give birth and my kids repeat the process... is this how life is or is this how humans beings want life to be... For you to understand the purpose of life you need to stop thinking about how humans beings live their life and start asking about why everything exists and where everything is going to... Why do the clouds exists and why are they here..

These questions are the beginning of understanding

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Life? by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 06, 2018
What is life?

This is the question that will never be accurately answered throughout the course of human existence. But you will still go ahead and bring another human to this world and him too would begin to ask what is life?

It's simple! life is a cycle of reproduction. And if it weren't for the sweetness involved in the process of breeding/reproduction, Human would have gone extinct!

Many animals have gone extinct and many more are at the danger of going extinct but human is battling with overpopulation.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Life? by gfreymom302: 8:51pm On May 06, 2018
We live dying only to wake up dead in our graves.
Re: What Is Life? by nowpresence(f): 8:53pm On May 06, 2018
IamD18:

Life don't have a pure and understandable definition, you can only understand some aspects of life, but can't have a full knowledge of what LIFE is all about.

Your stay on earth will be miserable if you get to have the full knowledge of what LIFE is all about.

Just live to leave.
No. it's the other way round.
When we get to understand what life truly we will stop the chase and begin to live life fully.
it's a rough path, but it is worth it.
It all start by living in the present moment, accepting all it gives to us. But come to think of it, what is life without the bad and the good. it will be boring. Both good and bad compliment each other and that what makes life more interesting.
I'm still on that path of acceptance.
Re: What Is Life? by awoo47: 8:54pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:

Okay sis, thanks for contributing.
pray u get delivered from ur troblues soon smiley
Re: What Is Life? by abdullkabar(m): 8:55pm On May 06, 2018
understanding it shouldn't be important,just live and enjoy the moment
Re: What Is Life? by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:

Re: What Is Life? by IamD18: 8:57pm On May 06, 2018
nowpresence:

No. it's the other way round.
When we get to understand what life truly we will stop the chase and begin to live life fully.
it's a rough path, but it is worth it.
It all start by living in the present moment, accepting all it gives to us. But come to think of it, what is life without the bad and the good. it will be boring. Both good and bad compliment each other and that what makes life more interesting.
I'm still on that path of acceptance.

My dear, you cannot understand life.

Its beyond what you think it could be.
Re: What Is Life? by nowpresence(f): 8:59pm On May 06, 2018
makydebbie:
So it's all about living to die.
It's all about appreciating life and all what she gives to us and also accepting death. Death is a passage. People were here before you came and you are also going to give way for people to come.
My dear just enjoy what you can and when death comes you go.
Begin to live your life in the present. Be present.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church / Kumuyi Takes Hope & Restoration Message To Yola Amidst Boko Haram Crisis (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.