Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

What Is Life? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Life? (24767 Views)

What Is Life? / Jesus Christ Is Life; And You Say He Is Not God? / Such Is Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Life? by hstar: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
I'm glad I come across this post kiss
Re: What Is Life? by orunto27: 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
The Nature of Life is FEELING, THINKING AND REASONING.
The Concept of Life is ACTIONS, INTERACTIONS AND MOVEMENTS.
Anything different is Death.
Re: What Is Life? by loveandmercy(f): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2020
Knowing and serving God
Re: What Is Life? by Rilwayne001: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2021
makydebbie:
I'm not even scared of death anymore since it's inevitable.

What's the answer?

Life is consciousness, and vice versa.

You’re asking this question because you THINK and you’re CONSCIOUS of your BEING. Imagine yourself being in an unconscious state, you can’t tell what’s going on in yoir environment etc.

Animals don’t think and can be said to not be conscious of their existence, they only move and go by their instinct. Hence it’s only logical to conclude that, nothing is real except our conscious self. Every other thing is an illusion, and the fine line between this consciousness and illusion that it portrays is death. Once you die, you don’t know what’s going on again, and you’re out of the illusion.

Nothing to be happy about, nothing to be sad about.
Re: What Is Life? by lymelyte(m): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2021
Rilwayne001:

Life is consciousness, and vice versa.

You’re asking this question because you THINK and you’re CONSCIOUS of your BEING. Imagine yourself being in an unconscious state, you can’t tell what’s going on in yoir environment etc.

Animals don’t think and can be said to not be conscious of their existence, they only move and go by their instinct. Hence it’s only logical to conclude that, nothing is real except our conscious self. Every other thing is an illusion, and the fine line between this consciousness and illusion that it portrays is death. Once you die, you don’t know what’s going on again, and you’re out of the illusion.

Nothing to be happy about, nothing to be sad about.
so you are saying there is no life beyond this current one?
Re: What Is Life? by Rawhumper(m): 12:02am On Mar 01, 2022
Firstly,happy new year to you.

Life can be seen as the essence of living.

Life is beginning of another life.....we live to
die and some also die to live.

In essence,life is a paradox.

What matter most is what one thinks about
his or her existence but in whatever one
thinks,taking ones life is for the feeble
minded and dumb wits.

My dear our choice in life makes or mars us,
so therefore,in whatever you do,always look
before you leap.
never forget that

��
makydebbie:
Please this post is not for the feeble or dull minds.

Is this life worth anything?

What is life?

Because, I've come to realize that we're just living to die. And is this life worth the whole stress of living? If my question makes any sense.

I've also come to understand you don't live happily at any point. Things will happen and situations will keep stressing you at every point. When you're poor, you want to be rich so that you can solve your problems. But when you're also rich, there'll be stress. You'll start trying to make sure you don't go back to poverty and invest wisely. You can't just sit and enjoy your wealth. Situations will keep cropping up. Sometimes I'm scared to be happy because happiness doesn't last. Something bad must always happen.

What is this life?
Is it worth the stress that issues will keep coming up and you don't even get to sit back and enjoy?

Being a child is the best thing that happened to us all. Because then you had no worries, as we grow, our needs becomes endless. We're insatiable.

What is life? I'm tired of living, living this hard life knowing I'm going to die anytime and my goals and dreams that I'm working for becomes nothing at the end. I'm tired of getting almost everything wrong. Tired of not being happy all the time and the stress that keeps coming up.

What is the essence of life if we're just living and suffering only to die. Because in this life, THERE'S NOTHING LIKE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. We're just going through hell, just to die at the end.

Re: What Is Life? by orisa37: 5:20am On Mar 01, 2022
LIFE IS A SPIRIT OF GOD. IT IS FEELINGS ACTIONS, THINKINGS INTERACTIONS AND REASONINGS AND MOVEMENTS. LIFE IS DISCERNING AND UNDERSTANDING. IT STARTS AT CREATION AND CONTINUES IN ETERNITY. THE OPPOSITE IS DEATH. DEATH TERMINATES AT DAMNATION.
Re: What Is Life? by DeepSight(m): 10:21am On Mar 01, 2022
MrMystrO:

Lol in the bigger Picture, Everyone and everything fulfills their purpose. The purpose man gives to himself and other things is a Miniature purpose, a "fake" one. In the bigger picture, Everything Existing Fulfils a Purpose and that Purpose is ALWAYS fulfilled. The Universe is ALWAYS BALANCED.

I take it you have special access to a bird's eye view over "the bigger picture" from which you are able to see this ultimate macro balance?

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by Premiumwriter: 11:05pm On Mar 01, 2022
makydebbie:
What of those that died purposelessly? They had a purpose too. Some were at the verge of fulfilling their purpose but they died.
so bold of you to think there's something called purpose which we have to live up to.

Life is meaningless without purpose. We give it all the meanings with our intricate narratives..

Certainly, the cave men didn't sit around discussing how they fulfilled their purpose or not. They probably just lived one day at a time, fighting for their survival..

The point is there's no point. Life is life. Define the things you want to do with that time and if you are happy at the end or not doesn't really matter because you'll still end up in a place where you'll never know if you were happy or not happy.

1 Like

Re: What Is Life? by DeepSight(m): 11:23pm On Mar 02, 2022
Premiumwriter:
. . . because you'll still end up in a place where you'll never know if you were happy or not happy.

I have isolated this because I wonder how you know this.
Have you been to that place before.
Re: What Is Life? by DemonSlayer: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
makydebbie:
Please this post is not for the feeble or dull minds.

Is this life worth anything?

What is life?

Because, I've come to realize that we're just living to die. And is this life worth the whole stress of living? If my question makes any sense.

I've also come to understand you don't live happily at any point. Things will happen and situations will keep stressing you at every point. When you're poor, you want to be rich so that you can solve your problems. But when you're also rich, there'll be stress. You'll start trying to make sure you don't go back to poverty and invest wisely. You can't just sit and enjoy your wealth. Situations will keep cropping up. Sometimes I'm scared to be happy because happiness doesn't last. Something bad must always happen.

What is this life?
Is it worth the stress that issues will keep coming up and you don't even get to sit back and enjoy?

Being a child is the best thing that happened to us all. Because then you had no worries, as we grow, our needs becomes endless. We're insatiable.

What is life? I'm tired of living, living this hard life knowing I'm going to die anytime and my goals and dreams that I'm working for becomes nothing at the end. I'm tired of getting almost everything wrong. Tired of not being happy all the time and the stress that keeps coming up.

What is the essence of life if we're just living and suffering only to die. Because in this life, THERE'S NOTHING LIKE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. We're just going through hell, just to die at the end.

Life can be challenging, and it's true that we all face struggles and hardships. However, it's important to remember that life can also be filled with joy, love, and meaning. It's up to us to find the things that make life worth living and focus on them.

While it's true that we will all eventually die, it doesn't mean that our lives are meaningless. The things we do and the people we love can have a lasting impact, and our actions can make a positive difference in the world.

I'm curious, do you still feel the same way about life? Have your opinions changed? Have you found any answers or insights since you wrote this post?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Celebrates His 55th Birthday (portrait Sketch). / Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor / Satan, The Cherub That Covereth And The Inverted Pyramid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.