Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo (19829 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / 10 Ethical Traits Of A Writer - By Jimson Jaat Taofik / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by anyimpro(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2018
oga you d try oooo, na so suspense you d keep person for most of your story. I don wait for enemy within tire now na this one. weldon
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by anyimpro(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2018
abeg try update
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by diaryOfpersius(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2018
Guy come update na
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 5:06am On Aug 19, 2018
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - WAKA WAKA

Actually, this is the story of how Taofik found out about the affair between Iya Gbogbo his landlady and Baba Kike. Enjoy.
****************************************************************************************************
Don't be a silent reader, your comments will help make this story better
****************************************************************************************************

WAKA WAKA

In case you have not noticed, I am the outgoing type, call me for any occasion and I will be there, be it child naming, marriage ceremony, house warming, even sef house packing ceremony, going to school ceremony or even I buy new television ceremony. All weather, just call me and I’ll find a way to be there irrespective of the day it falls on in the week.

It was approaching Christmas; you could already feel the frenzy, population around my street had increased a lot, you could see new faces everywhere, businesses are booming, even Baba Deborah – The Casket Man can attest to that and overall, everywhere seem lively, you could easily tell that Christmas is fast approaching.

Kunle and I had planned that on the eve of Christmas, we would go out to ‘skemp’ for some fleshly baked girls around the block, we had mapped out the plan that if we don’t get some at school 2 our local shepe joint, we will definitely get some at the Cele church two streets away. I made up my mind that I wasn’t going to Lucky that day and the next (which will be Christmas). I figured that Belinda my regular customer might travel to her home town in Delta and just in case she didn’t, I won’t be visiting either. I need to taste a new skele.

By Friday which was 22nd, we were allowed to close early from work so that some colleagues who would like to travel can make their journey while the rest of us will prepare to attend the end of the year party which was organized by our MD at one event center not very far off from our office. By 2pm I was already at home trying to put up a combination of clothes that will best suit the occasion, Eventually I settled for a pencil cut slightly ragged jean, a white body fitted short sleeve shirt with blue stripes and a black jacket to match my black converse sneakers. Omo boy was looking D.O.P.E.

I persuaded Kunle to attend with me since we were at liberty to invite a friend, spouse or date, but my friend declined. His excuse was that he had something very important to attend to at home. Kunle actually works from home. Since he couldn’t secure a job years after we both graduated from Ibadan Polytechnic, he decided to go into forex trading which over time made a sustainable income for him. Truth be told though, sometimes, he does a little internet G to add some sauce to his ministry.

On getting to the location of our end of the year party, I discovered that aside the DJ who was busy jamming like no tomorrow and Bola our office assistant, nobody else came. I looked at my wrist watch to check the time; it was already 4:30pm. I moved closer to Bola to inquire why the hall is still empty, she told me that a lot of staff had threatened to boycott the party earlier after our MD failed to pay our salary saying that he will pay us at the end of the month, to make matters worse, he even forced some staff to go over to his house to cook the food we were to eat at the party instead of giving it out to caterers. She even advised me not to bother eating the food because a lot of things she cannot mention has happened during the process of cooking it. ‘te ba nife ara yin, emo j’ojeun hun oo, orishirishi nkan t’inle ma daruko ti shele si b’en shey nwo hun’. That was how she told me.

I was a little sad though; I had planned my evening around the party. Though I cannot blame those colleagues who didn’t show up, our MD has been a wicked man since I met him. We make enormous profit for him every month (I will know, I’m the Accountant actually), yet he still delays paying salaries. If a staff falls sick, he will deduct the number of days that staff stayed home to be treated from the salary, claiming that the staff has exhausted the casual leave allotted. He drew the final straw when he said he wouldn’t be paying the staff salaries until the end of the month. His actual reason was that some of the staffs will over spend money during the festivity and come back to start stealing his money. Really who does that?!

3 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by anneboy02(m): 7:25am On Aug 19, 2018
[/color][color=#990000] nice write up

More mb to ur phone

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by heryoub22(m): 11:58am On Aug 19, 2018
Yeah. I just love the way u chose your words. Very interesting and kip us in suspense. Am a fan right from enemy within and now this. Just kip the story coming. More ink to ur pen.
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by diaryOfpersius(m): 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nice we dey follow
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by frbona: 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nice
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 9:46am On Aug 21, 2018
Here is the link to a friend's book on Okada. It is titled The Pain of Secrecy . I'm sure you will enjoy it http://okadabooks.com/user/user19316

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 3:45am On Aug 22, 2018

I wasn’t aware of this massive boycott but I wasn’t going to be seen as a snitch either, so instead of waiting it out at the party venue and probably have a lot of drinks to myself, I decided to switch to my plan B which I never knew I had in me before now – I opted to go and hook up with some street friends at School 2. My choice of School 2 over Iya Bode’s place was majorly down to the kind of fun I was hoping to have that day. I wanted an undiluted and uncut kind of fun; the type that only exists at School 2 after a lot of shepe has been introduced into the body system.

So before the MD will sight me and lure me into doing something my colleagues might hate me for, I bolted out of the event center without even informing Bola. I stopped a bike, negotiated the fee for my destination and disappear from the venue.

On getting to the School 2, I met a lot of buzz, merriment and of course free booze. A lot of guys decided to come to School 2 probably for the same reasons as mine on a day like this. The place was filled to its brim. Mama Don Jazzy (the owner of School 2) will definitely like to have this kind of crowd on a daily basis.

It was as if someone was on the lookout for me. As soon as I stepped down from the bike, someone chanted my name ‘Taofik!’ I looked around towards the direction of the voice but the rowdiness ensured I couldn’t see exactly who it was that called me. The voice sounded familiar though. I settled the bike man and took my first step towards the place when I heard my name again ‘Shakitibobo!’ this time I knew for sure it was Wale.

Just as I said earlier, School 2 was already buzzing with a lot of activities, as I make my way towards Wale, I could see a group of guys gambling, some with dice and some with cards. At this point I think it is important to mention that the fastest way to lose money and joy at the same time is to gamble with the dice, your money disappears faster than the speed of light and along with it goes your joy especially when you are betting with what might have been your last kobo. The worst part of it is no consolation whatsoever from any quarters. As soon as they suck you dry, they move unto the next one without even stealing a look towards your direction. So on a day like this, in a festive season like this, the fear of gambling is beginning of a sustainable joy.

Some guys were rolling and puffing like children of the most high, some were dancing with their partners, while some were handling with them. In a nut shell, you could watch any kind of movie at School 2, be it action, thriller, comedy and even some adult content. There can’t be a better place to be than School 2.

I finally got to where Wale was sitting. I went round the circle he and the other guys had formed with their bench and had a handshake with the guys while I took their boisterous greetings and all forms of accolades. You could easily tell that I was a popular figure around the block. Wale managed to create a space for me to sit on the long bench he was sitting; I had not even landed on the bench when he handed me a chilled bottle of Goldberg from one of the crates placed in front of him.
********************************************************************************************************* DON'T BE A SILENT READER, YOUR COMMENTS CAN MAKE THIS STORY BETTER
************************************************************************************************************

2 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by frbona: 6:44am On Aug 22, 2018
Madera001:

I wasn’t aware of this massive boycott but I wasn’t going to be seen as a snitch either, so instead of waiting it out at the party venue and probably have a lot of drinks to myself, I decided to switch to my plan B which I never knew I had in me before now – I opted to go and hook up with some street friends at School 2. My choice of School 2 over Iya Bode’s place was majorly down to the kind of fun I was hoping to have that day. I wanted an undiluted and uncut kind of fun; the type that only exists at School 2 after a lot of shepe has been introduced into the body system.

So before the MD will sight me and lure me into doing something my colleagues might hate me for, I bolted out of the event center without even informing Bola. I stopped a bike, negotiated the fee for my destination and disappear from the venue.

On getting to the School 2, I met a lot of buzz, merriment and of course free booze. A lot of guys decided to come to School 2 probably for the same reasons as mine on a day like this. The place was filled to its brim. Mama Don Jazzy (the owner of School 2) will definitely like to have this kind of crowd on a daily basis.

It was as if someone was on the lookout for me. As soon as I stepped down from the bike, someone chanted my name ‘Taofik!’ I looked around towards the direction of the voice but the rowdiness ensured I couldn’t see exactly who it was that called me. The voice sounded familiar though. I settled the bike man and took my first step towards the place when I heard my name again ‘Shakitibobo!’ this time I knew for sure it was Wale.

Just as I said earlier, School 2 was already buzzing with a lot of activities, as I make my way towards Wale, I could see a group of guys gambling, some with dice and some with cards. At this point I think it is important to mention that the fastest way to lose money and joy at the same time is to gamble with the dice, your money disappears faster than the speed of light and along with it goes your joy especially when you are betting with what might have been your last kobo. The worst part of it is no consolation whatsoever from any quarters. As soon as they suck you dry, they move unto the next one without even stealing a look towards your direction. So on a day like this, in a festive season like this, the fear of gambling is beginning of a sustainable joy.

Some guys were rolling and puffing like children of the most high, some were dancing with their partners, while some were handling with them. In a nut shell, you could watch any kind of movie at School 2, be it action, thriller, comedy and even some adult content. There can’t be a better place to be than School 2.

I finally got to where Wale was sitting. I went round the circle he and the other guys had formed with their bench and had a handshake with the guys while I took their boisterous greetings and all forms of accolades. You could easily tell that I was a popular figure around the block. Wale managed to create a space for me to sit on the long bench he was sitting; I had not even landed on the bench when he handed me a chilled bottle of Goldberg from one of the crates placed in front of him.
********************************************************************************************************* DON'T BE A SILENT READER, YOUR COMMENTS CAN MAKE THIS STORY BETTER
************************************************************************************************************
the tension and suspense could be sliced with a knife
Ride on chief
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by diaryOfpersius(m): 8:05am On Aug 22, 2018
We are following
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by tu9ic3(m): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2018
Oya let's go there I dey feel u joor
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by oceandivee(m): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2018
making sense bro
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Nobody: 3:42am On Aug 23, 2018
angry lipsrsealed
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
Madera001:
Uhn?
You said our comments will be highly appreciated wink

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
Lol...... funny guy
fucksterisback:
You said our comments will be highly appreciated wink
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by oceandivee(m): 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2018
Madera001:
Lol...... funny guy
Bros a beg update us now
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by fifty5(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
Shakitibobo coman upload o before i invite sopona into this thread.
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
Bros shopona ke? No vex Abeg oo tomorrow I go update.
fifty5:
Shakitibobo coman upload o before i invite sopona into this thread.
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 7:38am On Aug 27, 2018
We see you oo
donsimoniiblog:
interesting story cheesy

Enjoy other stories on www.donsimonii.com

www.donsimonii.com smiley
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by ChemicalReaction(f): 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2018
Madera, where art thou?
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
ChemicalReaction:
Madera, where art thou?
A huge number of nairaland writers just enjoy disappointing their readers...

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by horlardipupo(m): 8:51am On Aug 30, 2018
Oga Ade I dey feel u die!
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by emperorblog(m): 11:39am On Sep 03, 2018
BROS YE OYA COMMA CONTINUE

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2018

Guys were no longer normal; they have become citizens of another realm. So many conversations were reigning in the air. Some guys can lie sha! This one guy who is actually a bricklayer was telling the whole gathering about how one Oyinbo lady he worked for had already concluded arrangements to take him abroad to go and help her build her house but he couldn’t make the trip because he came late to the airport for visa interview. So the Oyinbo girl just collected her own visa and boarded the plane immediately. He said the Oyinbo girl even waived at him when the plane was taking off. Another guy was telling us about the other day he went to Dominos Pizza, he said he eat Pizza and Egusi soup because they didn’t have Ewedu and he didn’t want to stress the waitress. I wasn’t in the mood to burst anybody’s bubble; I was enjoying every bit of it.

All this was going on when a set of cars parked in front of the uncompleted building that houses School 2. They were about 5 cars and they came around like a convoy. They were playing loud music, each car with its own sound, some of the guys in the car are well known guys on the street, and some aren’t. Of course there were ladies among them. In total they were about 15 in number, six ladies and 9 guys.
There is one particular lady among them that caught my eyes. Her shape and body structure looks like one that I have seen before, but the curly hair falling from her head to her shoulder prevented me from catching her face.

I paid more attention to her, the more I looked the more she became familiar. The guys she accompanied were already causing a lot of frenzy at the arena, they declared free booze and so much hysteria followed. I wasn’t interested in the booze anymore, I was more interested in the lady, who by now is clinching tightly to one guy who I presume should be the Alpha male of the pack.

I stood up from my sitting position and moved closer to the lady, I tapped her gently on the shoulder from behind. She turned and gave me a glance, her eyes and mouth was simultaneously wide open on seeing me. ‘Taofik! What are you doing here?’ ‘Bimpe, I should be asking you same na and besides this is my Zanga’ we hugged briefly and I could notice we were already drawing the attention of the guy she was holding on to. Bimpe clapped her hands together briefly below her jaw as if saying a prayer before using both hands to point at the direction of the guy beside her who by now was already facing me with a questioning look on his face. She said ‘Taofik meet Demola, sweat heart meet Taofik. Taofik is actually my colleague from work and my small baby, very stubborn’ I was looking unconvinced. I wanted to know who my babe at work was with. She must have noticed the look on my face so she went further ‘Demola actually just got back from the US, I haven’t seen him in years and he wants me to hang around him like bodyguard, he doesn’t trust any of these guys so I’m just here to make sure he gets home safe. We shook hands briefly and exchange a few pleasantries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2018
borisyeltskin:

A huge number of nairaland writers just enjoy disappointing their readers...
bros ayaf update now on before you use English finish porzon
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Kneephy(m): 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
Series story to serious!
Taofeek ride on
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 5:38am On Sep 17, 2018
Kneephy:
Series story to serious!
Taofeek ride on
Na so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / Amaka The Lesbian 18+ / MINE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.