Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection (15811 Views)

FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration / 2019: INEC Announces Start Date, Deadline For PVC Collection / Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by edunwablog: 8:48pm On May 06, 2018
Senator Oluremi Tinubu, senator representing Lagos Central Senatorial District on Sunday urged the Federal Government to declare public holidays for collection of Permanent Voters’ Cards (PVCs), ahead of the December 2018 deadline.

Her statement was sequel to revelations by Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that over seven million PVCs were yet to be collected nationwide, with one million and four hundred thousand from Lagos State.

Tinubu in a statement made available to newsmen in Lagos, said that the PVCs were the tools towards participating in the forthcoming 2019 general elections.
She also urged INEC to extend deadline of collection of PVCs.
Tinubu said “With previous elections, Nigerians developed voter apathy due to a distrust of the system.
” The 2015 elections taught us, however, that as individuals, our votes count. Thus, we must rise up as citizens to fulfill our civic responsibility and ensure accountability in governance.

“Towards the 2019 elections, INEC had released modalities for ongoing continuous voter registration. The centres open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
“The period should be extended; and should include weekends to allow people who were unable to visit the centres during work hours to do so at weekends.
“INEC should ensure that it had adequate resources to make the process quick and easy.”
She further called for increased voter education and sensitisation to achieve the desired results.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/05/tinubu-urges-fg-to-declare-public.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by donlemson(m): 8:57pm On May 06, 2018
Declaring public holiday wouldn't work cos ppl will stay back to drink beer. I think INEC should work on weekends to enable people that are interested to collect their PVC

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 06, 2018
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by Evablizin(f): 9:37am On May 07, 2018
Anything that will be done in order to send Buhari back2daura is accepted.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by three: 9:48am On May 07, 2018

Okay, very funny

Tinubu (madam and Oga) are very SMART when. It comes to STRATEGY!

Do you know how he one his very first election?

Rain, electoral body and a very apathetic electorate.
https://www.nairaland.com/3942288/rainfall-election-day-bit-history[/b]the

[b]Lagos voting population is circa 12million
Registered Voters is circa 5million
Actual voters is circa 1.6million
APC votes in last election circa 800,000

That's right folks! 800 thousand people dictate who governs Lagos!

800,000 of 12million voted APC!

Democracy of SOME people by SOME people for SOME people!

Strategy 1: Mould people's perception of voting as useless, prone to violence and of no effect.
Strategy 2: limit the number of opposing votes by disenfranchising voters.
Strategy 3: Campaign with lots of money
Strategy 4: Rig, rig, rig
Strategy 5: Get sworn in and enjoy the benefits and access to free money - 25billion a month

Good investment no?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by NOC1(m): 10:42am On May 07, 2018
in this economic mess, someone want to shut down the system for PVC collection, Common make it a 24/7 exercise for 3 months and pay the facilitators for the overtime.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by cdqyehyeh(m): 10:48am On May 07, 2018
is nice only if the FG could approve it

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by talk2archy: 11:46am On May 07, 2018
No problem with that only if this dullard can sign out back to Daura.
But i will still sip my Bajinotu that day

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by Factfinder1(m): 11:47am On May 07, 2018
1 month holiday will do the magic
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by eluquenson(m): 11:48am On May 07, 2018
We will gladly stay at home.

PVC or NO PVC, Nigeria is in a state of disarray.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by samuel900(m): 11:48am On May 07, 2018
APC is a fraud.....circulate it to all polling boots to make it easier. I can't go to local government because of one useless PVC

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by Nobody: 11:49am On May 07, 2018
Factfinder1:
1 month holiday will do the magic

That won't do much. A year will be better.
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by firstolalekan(m): 11:49am On May 07, 2018
At least 3 days sef
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by firstolalekan(m): 11:49am On May 07, 2018
Good
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by Towncrier007(m): 11:50am On May 07, 2018
Sorry to say oh but Southerners and Easterners lack sense,go to north and see how people turn out enmass to register to vote,they got enough registration centres at every corner,na house they go enter to encourage citizens to register,but the south and east only make loud noise.

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by kenzysmith: 11:51am On May 07, 2018
Tinubu also want slow poke out of aso rock patiently waiting for who SDP would field 2019

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by Uchekennedy(m): 11:51am On May 07, 2018
This people only come out for their selfish interest
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by tolexy007(m): 11:51am On May 07, 2018
firstolalekan:
At least 3 days sef

Mr Lekan u sa dont want to work.sa
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by Opinionated: 11:52am On May 07, 2018
yeah, E dere body, the same way Vice President Osinbajo said We will not take our medical problems to Saraki

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by miqos02(m): 11:53am On May 07, 2018
5 days holiday
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by Adebowhales(m): 11:54am On May 07, 2018
If you gimme 2 weeks and I still no collect make una kill me nau.
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by Ayoswit(f): 11:54am On May 07, 2018
How many days holiday?
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:54am On May 07, 2018
What am I missing here ?
Voter apathy and uncollected PVCs favour Buhari's election. If the electorate turn out in force, APC will lose.
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by James4424: 11:55am On May 07, 2018
Yes, that's good.Orchestrate your downfall APC. Because with your PVCs buhari is going back to daura 2019.
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by Carmal90(m): 11:57am On May 07, 2018
Me, I personally think what will aid pvc collection and registration is if they are taking the cards to the people based on the address on the card, like they will recruit a team and assigned them a street to start the distribution of the cards, without that, it won't work

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by kmaster007: 11:58am On May 07, 2018
he better make Dem hold deir PVC... if I suld collect PVC is to vote buhari out.
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by YhungPablo(m): 11:58am On May 07, 2018
This PVC collection is really over hyped.. Those that will get their PVC will and don't that won't .won't.. E.g like me ..I don't care cry

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by Tychamps(m): 11:58am On May 07, 2018
As long as it will send Buhari back to Daura
Re: Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection by fastlane84: 11:58am On May 07, 2018
donlemson:
Declaring public holiday wouldn't work cos ppl will stay back to drink beer. I think INEC should work on weekends to enable people that are interested to collect their PVC

best comment cool
donlemson:

best comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youths React As Touts Accompanying Taraba Governor's Convoy Shoot A Boy / There’s Nothing Wrong Having Specimen Ballot Papers In Your Possession – INEC / Looted Warehouse Does Not Belong To NEMA - Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.