Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning (15695 Views)

60 Migrants Feared Drowned Crossing Mediterranean From Libya / 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos / "I Was Deceived By My Friend"; Nigerian Lady Who Returned From Libya. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Bhelamblog(m): 8:44am On May 08, 2018
A batch of 218 Nigerians, which included seven pregnant women on Tuesday, 8th of May 2018 voluntarily returned from the volatile North African country of Libya where they had been stranded enroute Europe. The returnees arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos about 3.44 a.m. aboard a chartered Libyan Airlines Airbus A330-200 aircraft with registration number 5A-LAU

They comprised of 46 adult females, five female infants, 161 adult males, two male children and four male infants.

The returnees were brought with the assistance of the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) and the European Union (EU).

Speaking to newsmen, one of the returnees, Ms Titilayo Kayode-Owojori, from Ile Ife, Osun who is pregnant regretted embarking on the ill-fated journey but thanked God for returning home safely.

She said:

“Nigeria is far better than where we thought we could get better lives. The Libyans live with the sweat of the blacks.

“If the Arabs see us working and collecting wages, they wait and burst our houses to collect the money. If they don’t see any money, they will kidnap us and ask us to call Nigeria to send us money to free ourselves. If we can’t raise money, we will be sold or imprisoned.”

The returnee, therefore, urged the government to fulfill its promise of creating an enabling environment for Nigerians to thrive in order to reduce the urge to seek greener pastures outside the country.

News From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/05/nigeria-is-far-better-they-say-as-7.html

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Nobody: 8:50am On May 08, 2018
Do you think Real Madrid will win Liverpool and save the Pope??

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Nobody: 8:51am On May 08, 2018
Now u know that there's no place like home,welcome back.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Evablizin(f): 8:52am On May 08, 2018
Nigeria is better than Libya,but i still want to leave Nigeria,not to Libya anyway.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:54am On May 08, 2018
How can you compare being free to a slave camp .....

In Nigeria atleast you are free to kill yourself if condition of living detoriates under Buhari .. But over in Libya... Someone else owns you...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:55am On May 08, 2018
Evablizin:
Nigeria is better than Libya,but i still want to leave Nigeria,not to Libya anyway.

You can't leave me oh....
We go die put for here

5 Likes

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Mogidi: 8:56am On May 08, 2018
macbede:
Do you think Real Madrid will win Liverpool and save the Pope??

Codeine

8 Likes

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Evablizin(f): 9:01am On May 08, 2018
KidsNEXTdoor:

You can't leave me oh.... We go die put for here
crycrycry
Oh no,what i do? What does he want from?

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Baawaa(m): 9:01am On May 08, 2018
Nigeria s better country but majority of our leaders are bastards

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by KidsNEXTdoor: 9:07am On May 08, 2018
Evablizin:
crycrycry

Oh no,what i do? What does he want from?

kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by wtfcoded: 9:42am On May 08, 2018
Yet some people still travel to Libya to hustle.
SMH

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by BloggersNG: 12:20pm On May 08, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by HeWrites(m): 12:28pm On May 08, 2018
Evablizin:

Don't mind her.

She traveled illegally and is expecting everything to go smooth.

Did she think "NIGERIA IS BETTER" will stop people who want to migrate legally to another country from migrating?

Anyone that's discouraged by what she said is stvpid than Buhari

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by miqos02(m): 12:51pm On May 08, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Promismike(m): 12:52pm On May 08, 2018
Ok
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by obonujoker(m): 12:52pm On May 08, 2018
Maybe if na USA you dey, you for talk another thing...
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by onadana: 12:53pm On May 08, 2018
Dem no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall..home is still the best.

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by LumexALevel: 12:53pm On May 08, 2018
u don't know DAT b4 u embark on the journey of no return?

abeg ma people check ma signature and help ma life.
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by MrGreenMavro: 12:53pm On May 08, 2018
Golden lie
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by maxiuc(m): 12:54pm On May 08, 2018
grin
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Abfinest007(m): 12:54pm On May 08, 2018
I wish buhari can just say daura is far better than aso rock n d dullard start trekking back to daura
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Kennitrust(m): 12:55pm On May 08, 2018
Hmm! When you are so used to something,

You will not understand it value till Miss it.
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 08, 2018
better ko, bitter ni .
this hole we are is not even better than hell itself

2 Likes

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by LZAA: 12:55pm On May 08, 2018
Bhelamblog:
A batch of 218 Nigerians, which included seven pregnant women on Tuesday, 8th of May 2018 voluntarily returned from the volatile North African country of Libya where they had been stranded enroute Europe. The returnees arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos about 3.44 a.m. aboard a chartered Libyan Airlines Airbus A330-200 aircraft with registration number 5A-LAU

They comprised of 46 adult females, five female infants, 161 adult males, two male children and four male infants.

The returnees were brought with the assistance of the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) and the European Union (EU).

Speaking to newsmen, one of the returnees, Ms Titilayo Kayode-Owojori, from Ile Ife, Osun who is pregnant regretted embarking on the ill-fated journey but thanked God for returning home safely.

She said:

“Nigeria is far better than where we thought we could get better lives. The Libyans live with the sweat of the blacks.

“If the Arabs see us working and collecting wages, they wait and burst our houses to collect the money. If they don’t see any money, they will kidnap us and ask us to call Nigeria to send us money to free ourselves. If we can’t raise money, we will be sold or imprisoned.”

The returnee, therefore, urged the government to fulfill its promise of creating an enabling environment for Nigerians to thrive in order to reduce the urge to seek greener pastures outside the country.

News From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/05/nigeria-is-far-better-they-say-as-7.html

bamoski and buhariguy need to go to libya and join resurgentxtian4 dia grin
cc immhotep onyeoga pointzerom shalomc iceberg3

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by higherpower: 12:57pm On May 08, 2018
Evablizin:
To Italy precisely
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Onyenna(m): 12:57pm On May 08, 2018
Baawaa:
Nigeria s better country but majority of our leaders are bastards

A very good summary of our country....

...It's a pity...
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Onyenna(m): 12:58pm On May 08, 2018
higherpower:

To Italy precisely

Savagery at its PEAK!

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Focusmind: 12:59pm On May 08, 2018
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR-67KQbXcg

9 pregnant women, 5 babies among Libya returnees says NAPTIP

Africans and their mentality. Even in the midst of challenges like war and hardship, people still de born. I am sure most of them took in and got pregnant in order to get help or favors from NGOs knowing fully well that pregnant and nursing mothers are usually assisted.
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Harddiskng(m): 1:01pm On May 08, 2018
Bhelamblog:

She said:

Lol @ the bolded; Really!! you don’t say cheesy tongue

I have always been #TeamNaija, I don’t see myself relocating permanently to any other country. When God has planted me in a land flowing with milk & honey grin

Beno3:
Taste and see that the Lord is good. You get luck sey dem no take your kidney and other vital organs..... angry angry

No mind the madam, The elders say “A trial will convince you”. After her thanksgiving on church. She had better go far and wide preaching about the goodness of our Land.
Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by Beno3: 1:03pm On May 08, 2018
Taste and see that the Lord is good. You get luck sey dem no take your kidney and other vital organs..... angry angry

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria Is Far Better' - Pregnant Woman Rescued From Libya This Morning by KanwuliaExtra: 1:03pm On May 08, 2018
Buhari! You dey go London, Nigerians are dying in Libya? See your life? cry

SHYTE HOLE PRESIDENT! kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dv 2009 Lottery Result Now Out ! / Major Traffic Jam Routes In Lagos / Get Your NIN Ready To Board Trains From May - NRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.