Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,951 members, 7,828,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (39958 Views)

2019/2020 PTDF Local & Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by JustCryptos: 6:30am On May 13, 2018
peddy2741:
For PH centre it is along East West road Emirate building immediately after Abuja campus also known as formal law school, sharing fence with IPS

Thanks boss. That's the one close to UPTH? Sorry, I hardly go around Uniport area.

Big thanks boss. Please did you participate in the last interview? If yes, how did it go?
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Nobody: 7:30am On May 13, 2018
or simply explained as
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by meetanwo(m): 12:07pm On May 13, 2018
Had same problem too.God was faithful with updates from here

Mrpen:
Thank you so much. This is the first time an important information went to my spam and I could have missed it.

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Usmankk: 1:36pm On May 13, 2018
I need Ur assistance guys. When I tried to log into my PTDF account I was told access denied, incorrect login details. I'm sure my log in details are correct. Pls help out...
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by abduljaleel128: 2:00pm On May 13, 2018
Please can somone send me questions for the personal statement.
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Mazimc(m): 4:18pm On May 13, 2018
Just reset your password and you can login.

Usmankk:
I need Ur assistance guys. When I tried to log into my PTDF account I was told access denied, incorrect login details. I'm sure my log in details are correct. Pls help out...
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Usmankk: 9:10pm On May 13, 2018
Mazimc:
Just reset your password and you can login.

tanx man...it worked.
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by abduljaleel128: 9:15pm On May 13, 2018
Hello please does anyone have an idea if we are to present our transcripts also at the interview, cos i dont yet have mine, still in the process and i dont think its possible to get it before then.
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Delmariach: 10:32pm On May 13, 2018
Pleas I am yet to Get the mail and I have RANSACKED my Email, Please What is the Date and Time for this Interview. I also chose Port Harcourt. I cant leave anything to chance

peddy2741:
For PH centre it is along East West road Emirate building immediately after Abuja campus also known as formal law school, sharing fence with IPS

Thanks boss. That's the one close to UPTH? Sorry, I hardly go around Uniport area.
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by insperyadyou: 10:36pm On May 13, 2018
abduljaleel128:
Hello please does anyone have an idea if we are to present our transcripts also at the interview, cos i dont yet have mine, still in the process and i dont think its possible to get it before then.
transcript is not needed at this stage
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by SUSNOMA: 11:02am On May 14, 2018
I checked my inbox and spam no any message from PTDF.
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Emaimo: 1:36pm On May 14, 2018
Any MSc scholar who went to UI for his/her interview today? Please share your experience
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by TadeDetule: 3:23pm On May 14, 2018
blaze007:
Forget it, u can't be shortlisted if u didn't carry letter from oga at the top to ptdf. Quote me anywhere.
Thats a wrong assertion bro. There might be vested interest no doubt, but at least I have a friend who was a beneficiary of the previous application.
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by AlphaPen(m): 7:33pm On May 14, 2018
Hello ambitious youths.
I did mine today at UI. It was for MSc.

I was ushered in and told to submit all my docs. There was a four-man panel and I was seated at the center, making us form some sort of semi-circle.

It was intense I must say. I was bombarded with questions from every corner but I was prepared. My deduction is that, they just wanted to test my readiness. If you wrote your SOP yourself and it's relevant to the Oil sector, you will be fine.

That was my experience.

However, I found out from other applicants that they were interviewed by a two-man panel, in the same UI. They even said it was more of a chat or rendezvous.

Imagine the contrast as against my experience. So, it boils down to grace. Pray and be ready.

And remember, whatever is meant for you will never pass you by.

Best wishes fam.

Let's meet at the top.

#BlessUp

5 Likes

Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Mazimc(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2018
Any PhD candidate who did interview @ UI today, please share your experience.
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by boay(m): 9:35pm On May 14, 2018
AlphaPen:
Hello ambitious youths.
I did mine today at UI. It was for MSc.

I was ushered in and told to submit all my docs. There was a four-man panel and I was seated at the center, making us form some sort of semi-circle.

It was intense I must say. I was bombarded with questions from every corner but I was prepared. My deduction is that, they just wanted to test my readiness. If you wrote your SOP yourself and it's relevant to the Oil sector, you will be fine.

That was my experience.

However, I found out from other applicants that they were interviewed by a two-man panel, in the same UI. They even said it was more of a chat or rendezvous.

Imagine the contrast as against my experience. So, it boils down to grace. Pray and be ready.

And remember, whatever is meant for you will never pass you by.

Best wishes fam.

Let's meet at the top.

#BlessUp

Wow. This is serious. God's best
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 14, 2018
I don't know y they did not check professional certificate really. I even ask the woman but she said no need��
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Impactever(m): 11:52pm On May 14, 2018
Delmariach:
Pleas I am yet to Get the mail and I have RANSACKED my Email, Please What is the Date and Time for this Interview. I also chose Port Harcourt. I cant leave anything to chance

pls chech your SPAM if you used a Gmail.......

OR check your junk if you used a yahoomail....

most of us saw our invitation messages in our SPAM AND JUNKS .....
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by meetanwo(m): 7:37am On May 15, 2018
Text messages were sent this morning,if you got a text message but can't find the mail either in your inbox or spam, I advise you go to the center you chose before Friday. I guess you will be attended to. Seems there were some mix up sending the invitation mails because most people got theirs as spam message. Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by AlphaPen(m): 8:31am On May 15, 2018
Somebody asked for the specific questions I was asked in the other group, so I thought to share my reply.

I thought my earlier post captured everything 'cos it was all about the SOP.

"The questions were about the SOP.

The relevance of your MSc to the oil and gas industry.

How your Msc would contribute to your career goals.

What you intend to do after your Msc.

Why you want to do the Msc.

They are all essential things the SOP covers, they just want to be sure you wrote it and know what you are doing.

Best wishes."
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by DXXMI: 8:39am On May 15, 2018
nnamathy:

Originals of the credentials you uploaded,
4 copies of your S.O.P
Acknowledgement slip
Invitation email print out..
And some other things

Broda, could you pls list the documents we uploaded, I keep missing one from the count. Thanks
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by noahnaira: 9:34am On May 15, 2018
SOS..... I missed the PH interview yesterday. Just checked my spam and discovered that the message was lying there. Please what should I do now .thanks
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by meetanwo(m): 1:31pm On May 15, 2018
Go for your interview, you'll still be attended to

noahnaira:
SOS..... I missed the PH interview yesterday. Just checked my spam and discovered that the message was lying there. Please what should I do now .thanks

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by boay(m): 8:54pm On May 15, 2018
Please if you have been interviewed at ABU, kindly share your experience
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by boay(m): 8:55pm On May 15, 2018
nnamathy:

Originals of the credentials you uploaded,
4 copies of your S.O.P
Acknowledgement slip
Invitation email print out..
And some other things
Please which one is acknowledgement slip?
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Bodmillz: 5:05pm On May 16, 2018
I just had my Interview at U.I for MSc.

It was nothing serious. It was a two-man panel. I was asked to submit my credentials, they looked at it and the first man asked “why should we sponsor you?” After answering that, the second man asked if I had any National/International Award. That was all!

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by DMainMan: 11:09pm On May 19, 2018
FINAL REPORT ON PTDF OVERSEAS 2018/2019 SCHOLARSHIP

PTDF has concluded the overseas interview, candidates who were shortlisted in all categories have four chances; France, China, Germany and the UK. Whether you have received email or not from PTDF, u all still have equal chances to be selected.

The first category; France/China/Germany results are ready.But to avoid one candidate winning both categories, the names have not been published yet. All things being equal, winners in all countries will be published probably around June after the UK selection process which is currently being scrutinized.

This year will have the highest ever number of Oversea Scholarship winners thanks to the Strategic Partners who are offering a tuition-free scholarship. [/b]Selection is based on the quota system which is the government constitution. Hence, you are competing with the candidate from your states and not the general populace. [b]So don't play the tribal card if u are not selected as tribalism as nothing to do with it. Your slot can only be awarded to your fellow state kinsmen. In addition, more slots of winners are given to Nigeria oil-producing states which is understandable.

For all winners in all categories, you will be required to sign a bond which signifies that you must come back to Nigeria after your studies. But PTDF might allow you to stay for a fixed period for work experience in your field after their approval as before work visa is granted, ur sponsor will be contacted. Overall, u will need to plan well and focus on your study and life after studies. U are also allowed to defer your scholarship within one year hence if working u can apply for ''study leave without pay'' for your job to be secured when u come back. For those who are not working yet, the degree will give u more opportunity for job not only in Nigeria but any where in the world. It will give u more chance of scholarship for the advancement of studies or for migration purpose if you don't get jobs when u come back as jobs are hard to come by.

You might be tempted when u are abroad to do abnormal things to feel among. But remember Nigeria especially your family or friends who are struggling. Better to help Nigerians rather than outsiders.
Also, save money, so u can plan well and be in control in whatever choice when u come back to Nigeria for the advancement of your career. Congrats in advance to the overseas winners which will definitely be among nairalanders here as it is always. For those who wish to study in Nigeria (have applied for admission) or are currently studying in Nigeria, PTDF did not forget you. Local application will be out in June.

Good luck everyone. Bye. Current PTDF scholars are already making Nigeria proud abroad (see attached). Do better than them.

From DMainMan
PTDF Scholar
CEO DMainMan and Zeltney Enterprises/Consult,
https://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation/
https://dmainmanconsult.com/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by abumeinben(m): 6:34am On May 21, 2018
DMainMan:
/

Morning bros.

Please how much to register for GRE?
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Toluchenko(m): 6:35pm On May 21, 2018
DMainMan:

PTDF has concluded the overseas interview, candidates who were shortlisted in all categories have four chances; France, China, Germany and the UK. Whether you have received email or not from PTDF, u all still have equal chances to be selected.

The first category; France/China/Germany results are ready.But to avoid one candidate winning both categories, the names have not been published yet. All things being equal, winners in all countries will be published probably around June after the UK selection process which is currently being scrutinized.

This year will have the highest ever number of Oversea Scholarship winners thanks to the Strategic Partners who are offering a tuition-free scholarship. [/b]Selection is based on the quota system which is the government constitution. Hence, you are competing with the candidate from your states and not the general populace. [b]So don't play the tribal card if u are not selected as tribalism as nothing to do with it. Your slot can only be awarded to your fellow state kinsmen. In addition, more slots of winners are given to Nigeria oil-producing states which is understandable.

For all winners in all categories, you will be required to sign a bond which signifies that you must come back to Nigeria after your studies. But PTDF might allow you to stay for a fixed period for work experience in your field after their approval as before work visa is granted, ur sponsor will be contacted. Overall, u will need to plan well and focus on your study and life after studies. U are also allowed to defer your scholarship within one year hence if working u can apply for ''study leave without pay'' for your job to be secured when u come back. For those who are not working yet, the degree will give u more opportunity for job not only in Nigeria but any where in the world. It will give u more chance of scholarship for the advancement of studies or for migration purpose if you don't get jobs when u come back as jobs are hard to come by.

You might be tempted when u are abroad to do abnormal things to feel among. But remember Nigeria especially your family or friends who are struggling. Better to help Nigerians rather than outsiders.
Also, save money, so u can plan well and be in control in whatever choice when u come back to Nigeria for the advancement of your career. Congrats in advance to the overseas winners which will definitely be among nairalanders here as it is always. For those who wish to study in Nigeria (have applied for admission) or are currently studying in Nigeria, PTDF did not forget you. Local application will be out in June.

Good luck everyone. Bye. Current PTDF scholars are already making Nigeria proud abroad (see attached). Do better than them.

From DMainMan
PTDF Scholar
CEO DMainMan and Zeltney Enterprises/Consult,
https://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation/
https://dmainmanconsult.com/

Good day bro. Pls kindly elaborate on the last sentence of the first paragraph which says "WHETHER YOU HAVE RECEIVED EMAIL OR NOT FROM PTDF, U ALL STILL HAVE EQUAL CHANCES TO BE SELECTED."

Does it mean those that DID NOT receive mails for INTERVIEW INVITATION can still be shortlisted??
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by DMainMan: 6:45pm On May 21, 2018
abumeinben:

Morning bros.

Please how much to register for GRE?
I registered back den with BY Mafit Ikeja for 50k. Google and contact dem. They give u hard copy and soft copy materials to prepare in addition
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by DMainMan: 6:49pm On May 21, 2018
Toluchenko:

Good day bro. Pls kindly elaborate on the last sentence of the first paragraph which says "WHETHER YOU HAVE RECEIVED EMAIL OR NOT FROM PTDF, U ALL STILL HAVE EQUAL CHANCES TO BE SELECTED."

Does it mean those that DID NOT receive mails for INTERVIEW INVITATION can still be shortlisted??
I was referring to those people who received mail from PTDF as regards DAAD. They did the interview.

So if u were not shortlisted for interview or you did not partake in the interview, apply for next year edition and learn from this application.
Re: 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 21, 2018
Join the watsap group @ https:///1R3XWI5RbE1JcE19QkNb3F

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSS Shuts Abuja School, Sacks 140 Teachers Over Request For Better Welfare / What's The Craziest Thing You Did While In Secondary School? / Samsung Honours Ayodele Daniel, Gives Him Samsung Galaxy S7(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.