Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song (29937 Views)

Timi Dakolo Reacts To Allegation That 80% Of CAN Members Are Rapists / Ubi Franklin Reacts To Waje’s Decision To Quit Music / Don Jazzy And Banky W React To Tekno & Danfo Drivers Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Urchee: 6:31pm On May 09, 2018
U contacted them but never came to terms with them. So una thief their intellectual property nah shoo...mk una go pay dem joor ;DU

1 Like

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by noblelomo: 6:35pm On May 09, 2018
we will soon hear from Tboss camp because of ceec and ubi soon. Watch out
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Bruemath(m): 6:35pm On May 09, 2018
this one no follow oh
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by mayorkyzo: 6:40pm On May 09, 2018
Is the word 'jogodo' copyrighted,if not make dango drivers go sleep...
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Nedfed(m): 6:41pm On May 09, 2018
Since I hear the guy bear Tekno by name I know he won't last long.

1 Like

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Pentools(m): 6:48pm On May 09, 2018
AprokoGirl:
@APROKOGIRL

Music executive, Ubi Franklin has reacted to the allegation leveled against his artiste, Tekno, by singing veteran music duo, Mad Melon and Mountain Black popularly known as 'Danfo Drivers'  that he sampled their song 'Jogodo' without their consent or even reaching out to them. Read here.

Ubi in his reaction, said his team contacted the duo but it was one story or the other from them. 

''We contacted them sha and it was one story or the othe smh. This actually maes me laugh'' he wrote on IG

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/5794/ubi-franklin-reacts-to-allegation-that-tekno-sampled-danfo-drivers-song-without-their-consent-read/

cc; lalasticlala

I respect this ubi guy so well after going through his penetration into the music industry and way of handling challenging situations despite him falling my hand with his approach on Lillian esoro matter now he's trying to goof again.

Which one be we contacted them "SHA" keep trivializing the matter till the danfos open better office untop una head, the danfos are not that irrelevant that they can't legally n otherwise fall heavily on you guys toe to toe.

This one no go be blackface n 2face matter ooo, two heads are better than one and they are wey enlightened n well respected till date regardless.
Go ask davido how him take settle him see gobe track matter....
Ubi behave ooo

2 Likes

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by SMILEGOLD(m): 6:49pm On May 09, 2018
SoapQueen:

Why you so pained? It isn't about feminism, that name totally disgusts me.

chill...go to sleep
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by BanjiHols(m): 6:49pm On May 09, 2018
I heard that song.. Its not even about the title..50 percent sound and lyrics is obviously from the original!
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by cardiak(m): 6:51pm On May 09, 2018
So if he doesn't shut up how will he hurt himself? am not understanding you o again can you enlighten me more on this?

1 Like

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by ADRIAN88(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2018
Pavore9:
''We contacted them sha and it was one story or the othe smh. This actually maes me laugh''......Is this what he is going to say, should they appear in court?

Never! in my 10years in Copenhagen have i read such an ignorant, distasteful comment. I had high hopes for this Ubi lad. I'm disappointed to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by paparazzi1987(m): 6:53pm On May 09, 2018
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by King4Roller: 6:56pm On May 09, 2018
WritePal:
Without ralising it, this Ubi guy is quietly arrogant. Can you imagine such dust and disrespect (to the danfo guys) he's spewing in one sentence? angry angry shocked

Those guys should get a good lawyer. Ubi and Techno will be so roasted, maimed and dazed that they may be wobbling, musically and financially, on one foot after all is done. It's a straightforward case. Get a good lawyer for a hefty payday for yourselves and the lawyer sef. grin grin

In the meantime, the lawyer should get an injunction banning any commercial use of the Tecno theft song, air play or public performance. Danfo drivers, abeg no dull yourself. This is your chance. Grab it with both hands with a smart lawyer. I can get you one. It's a simple case, heavily in your favour. I've listened to both songs and I know what I'm saying. wink cool
What is the name of danfo drivers own please?
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by SoapQueen(f): 6:57pm On May 09, 2018
SMILEGOLD:

chill...go to sleep
Sir, yes, Sir!
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Pavore9: 7:03pm On May 09, 2018
romeorailss:

From his reply . U should know they demanded some cash . Read it in his reply cheesy

It is proper they get paid for the use of their intellectual property. Tekno and Ubi are
going to make money from the song.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Saynotoapc(m): 7:05pm On May 09, 2018
sanchezJ:
What is the meaning of jogodo?
. it means yobo level.
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by udysweet(f): 7:19pm On May 09, 2018
Lisaflex:
Ehen? When did pricing market and buying market become the same thing? If the negotiations didn't pull through, you leave their song for them na.Who does that? Hian! angry

Oji godi ndi nkea ,biko!
as in ehn I trip. I'm sure they must have treated the duo shabbily like after all they want to do them a favor helping to resurrect their career. Tekno Mbok do the needful, this is intellectual theft

1 Like

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Buhari2rule(f): 7:24pm On May 09, 2018
danfo drivers said tekno is owing them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpYKRYsUD4g
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 7:30pm On May 09, 2018
Wait, you contacted them to ask for permission and it was “one story or the other”, so you decided to use it by force? Does this make sense

And if they had expressly said “NO” , does that mean you would have still used it anyways?

Ubi! Smh
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Tobycharles: 7:33pm On May 09, 2018
Kingpee2:
We all know the content of was stolen ,tecno can’t even get to write new songs anymore and the idiot was bragging few days ago about winning Grammy award,Grammy kor garri award ni ..

*Garri award* Walahi u no well
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Sagay212: 7:33pm On May 09, 2018
very stupid excuse to steal somebody's song. this same guy will never accept if thesame was done to him. I don't just know why people choose to be stupi.d
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by asawanathegreat(m): 7:37pm On May 09, 2018
Copy right, all rights reserve
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by isaacprinz(m): 7:37pm On May 09, 2018
SoapQueen:
The way you laughed when Lilian dumped your cheating ass I bet.
take it easy bro! why the shades?
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by SoapQueen(f): 7:38pm On May 09, 2018
isaacprinz:
take it easy bro! why the shades?

Okay, sister.
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Irokoroots: 7:45pm On May 09, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
Yoruba >>>>> Okoro anytime anyday! cool

Wizkid, Davido, Olamide.. Awon Aro-Meta kii dobe nu! grin

The three Yoruba stooges wey better pass all the musicians to ever emerge from okoro pple land. cool

In all and everything... Yoruba are the best! cool cheesy wink smiley

Proudly Yoruba cool ... God bless Yoruba cool ... Yoruba 4 Life !!! cool

Mr Man I hope when others speak of your name they speak of you in the same tone as you did the above musicians who you probably never met. I hope they will say:
“Mr ‘insert name’ >>>>> than all the Okoro people combined in his neighborhood.”
If the above statement isn’t true, my brother, try again.
You go around riding on other people’s hard work to make yourself feel useful. Your hate no go make you gree see road. Lazy Youth.

3 Likes

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Boss13: 7:48pm On May 09, 2018
paparazzi1987:
The two idiots Ubi faction (APC) and Danfo faction (PDP) just want the song to trend ni.

They planned this media stunt to make the unpopular single trend

Ubi and Danfo unanimously agreed on certain settlements...i was in the meeting so dont talk poo

grin

I will agree with this narrative because I don’t expect the management team of Teckno to be ignorant of copyright infringements. Also, there is no difference between Tekno’s version and the original version of Danfo drivers.

2 Likes

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Segeshow: 7:57pm On May 09, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
Yoruba >>>>> Okoro anytime anyday! cool

Wizkid, Davido, Olamide.. Awon Aro-Meta kii dobe nu! grin

The three Yoruba stooges wey better pass all the musicians to ever emerge from okoro pple land. cool

In all and everything... Yoruba are the best! cool cheesy wink smiley

Proudly Yoruba cool ... God bless Yoruba cool ... Yoruba 4 Life !!! cool

You are an empty barrel and a smelling agbero who drinks paraga everyday and will soon die of liver cirrhosis. What will Idoma people now say for producing a world recognised super star like 2face. Who "wo" epp? Talentless nincompoops

3 Likes

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Duru009(m): 8:00pm On May 09, 2018
My Yoruba rocks !
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by YorubaAssasin: 8:03pm On May 09, 2018
sanchezJ:
What is the meaning of jogodo?

The answer dey mirror. Just go take a look in the mirror...You look like one... grin
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by wyzoe: 8:08pm On May 09, 2018
Lisaflex:
Ehen? When did pricing market and buying market become the same thing? If the negotiations didn't pull through, you leave their song for them na.Who does that? Hian! angry

Oji godi ndi nkea ,biko!

Lisa awa U?

You thought you could run away from me ba? Have you spanked yourself today?

Meanwhile perhaps Ubi contacted them after the controversy

1 Like

Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by Kingpee2(m): 8:42pm On May 09, 2018
Metuh:

Shut up and don't hurt yourself.

Tekno and Danfo drivers knew about it already, they just want the music to trend. That's all
were you there to confirm your claims,this one wants to start sounding like tecno’s manager..Isiewu.
Re: Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song by beautyhound(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2018
And he calls himself a professional... Danfo driver beta sue him, this is evidence enough

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Damilola Adegbite And Her Flawless Natural Face (Photos) / Kate Henshaw Shocked That Quality Education "Is Are Sure" In Katsina State / Yemi Alade Celebrates Nigeria's 57th Independence With Beautiful Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.