Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React (21167 Views)

Sammie Okposo And Wife, Ozzy Celebrate 11th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Dencia Shades Wizkid & Jada Pollock, His Manager Turned Baby Mama (Photo) / Dencia Steps Out In Bathrobe For Early Morning Interview On TVC,Lagos (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by pocohantas(f): 12:15pm On May 10, 2018
eph12:

What is feminist about Waje's comment?

Feminist is what they say when they have no logical counter to the issue on ground. It is the easiest way out from logical arguments on Nairaland...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Sleekyshuga(f): 12:15pm On May 10, 2018
I think stay-at-home sits better over housewives.

Inasmuch as this work in some homes, I think the real essence of stepping out to work is to meet people, share ideas, draw up plans and achieve them, get sociable etc. Nothing can be less exciting than going through same routine daily without no push to try something new.

1 Like

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by adisabarber(m): 12:16pm On May 10, 2018
Allowance not salary
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by spiritedtete: 12:20pm On May 10, 2018
Rubbish how can my house wife be paid salary... she should become a baby mama instead
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by henryboyspaco(m): 12:31pm On May 10, 2018
I swear, dem use some women brain exchange for fried fish own...
I marry you, I go still dey pay you.
chai, buhari...but why?

1 Like

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Gerrard59(m): 12:32pm On May 10, 2018
Nigerians and hypocrisy!

On one hand, women should work and not become liabilities. On the other hand, women should not work and should stay at home to take care of the children. Haba! Confusion everywhere. People should structure their households the way it works for them.

And the celebs made sense. A SAHM is a job. Whether she should be paid depends on the partners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by tonexyx(m): 12:35pm On May 10, 2018
ok
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by userplainly(m): 12:35pm On May 10, 2018
WAJE, 1 useless, talentless old hag that cannot keep a man!..... tall ugly kraken wit unattractive water mellons!...... let her goan sleep!.......
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by eph12(m): 12:38pm On May 10, 2018
victrick105:

your husband paying you salaries...is that not the height of invoking authority?
If you insist your wife must stay at home then she should be given allowance. You can't ask your wife to stay at home and drop her passion because she got married to you. What happened to her dreams?

2 Likes

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by GRACEGLORY: 12:49pm On May 10, 2018
Must you be an house wife, another lazy trick

High time you realize the man isn't a camel.

The house wife mentality qualifies you for the slavery.
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Narijoel(m): 12:53pm On May 10, 2018
userplainly:
WAJE, 1 useless, talentless old hag that cannot keep a man!..... tall ugly kraken wit unattractive water mellons!...... let her goan sleep!.......

1 Like

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by tunjilana: 12:53pm On May 10, 2018
What of those who became stay at home because they have nothing meaningful or creative they can come up with to do with their lives?

When the man is already feeling cheated that u are intentionally staying at home! . We both know that in a country like Nigeria, 20-30k house help will do all the work you claim to be staying at home to do while you can be out there making 150k and above thus able to help the family's today and tomorrow.

You come dey find salary join your mental laziness. smiley Na to carry him suit case go live elsewhere and send divorce papers...smiley

Before you carry your entitlement witchcraft take lead am to poverty or sickness due to over working

1 Like

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Printerscanner: 12:55pm On May 10, 2018
Even a common Cameroonian street prostitute called Dencia has more brain that the so called Nigeria frustrated feminists.

3 Likes

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by incredibleace(m): 12:56pm On May 10, 2018
y
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by incredibleace(m): 1:00pm On May 10, 2018
this comment is uncalled for, so you don't like staying with your baby? so whose going to take care of your baby? us?

she should better take that comment down

Rubbish

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by go4success(f): 1:04pm On May 10, 2018
As a woman, you must find something to do to contribute to humanity. I have dreams and aspirations, and I wouldn't want my bio to simply read- Full time housewife, mum of three.'
No matter your location, there's a gap waiting for you to fill or a problem you can solve. Doing that will make you an important part of society. You gave up your career because of the kids, so what next?
When my family moved to the outskirts of Lagos, I was excited that we finally have our own building. But then I realized that both of us cannot continue to face Lagos traffic everyday while we abandon the children. One of us have to stay back and probably find something to do within that vicinity.

As an educator, I approached my kid's school and offered to take the children creative writing and phonics based on my experience from the international School where I was working in Lagos. Thankfully, they were also using the British curriculum. Afterwards, I opened a kiddies store that became a force to reckon with in that community. I made friends in school and get to interact with the parents of the children I teach and my customers. Most people count on me to get their kids the trending stuffs, especially back to school items.
The amazing part was having the time to take care of my kids and making an impact. I didn't lose my personality to become an housewife. I have since taken a break from teaching in order to take some courses and empower myself to be on the same level with my previous colleagues. I earn as a writer and from my store, so I'm not a burden to my husband.
I know stay at home mums that engage in handwork and home businesses. Women should realize that they have a destiny to fulfill. Be creative and hard-working.
There's always something to do out there. And the social media and internet has made everything easy. But if you think they're for uploading the pics of your perfect life and the nice things your family have, you have not discovered your purpose in life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Werehkpe: 1:05pm On May 10, 2018
Why should a woman be paid for carrying out one of her civic, natural and biological duties?

Its like saying one should get paid for breathing in oxygen!

Our mothers did not request for salaries and they raised up well. Importantly, such served our community well.

Women these days have lost it. Most seem really lazy
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Acidosis(m): 1:08pm On May 10, 2018
The idea is totally cool but I'd rather call it stipend (pocket money). This should be done whether she works or not. Besides, if you marry a good woman, it will never be out of place to give her an unrestricted access to your atm card(s). The fact that some women have turned themselves to yahoogirls does not affect an ideal family structure, how ideal partners should relate with themselves and their [ideal] children.

1 Like

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by holluwai(m): 1:09pm On May 10, 2018
You get better sense

victrick105:
the funny thing about this is that I was expecting the comment from waje to come from a foreign based person like Dencia and that of Dencia from waje ..but it was the reverse,.... the way most Nigerian women carry feminism for head now, it shows how fast we learn unnecessary things from the westerners and dump the necessary ones
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Coldfeets: 1:14pm On May 10, 2018
Tybabe0001:
Am learning a new lesson

It's either you write:

I am learning a new lesson.

Or

I'm learning a new lesson, assuming you want to abbreviate it.

But never

Am learning a new lesson.

Only idiots write like that.

2 Likes

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 10, 2018
Silentscreamer:
the point is husbands shuld learn to appreciate their housewives more.

in what way or how do naija women intend to appreciate naija men ..... davido amongs few to mention ,just bought a car of 45m for a girl that only cooks for him .. nigerian men are the best thing that can happen to any gurl compared to all other africa men.
Asides sex how can naija women also appreciate the men ,,,what's good for the goose is good for the gander ,,,,watch them go dumb nothing in there heads
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Sike(m): 1:18pm On May 10, 2018
Ladies and their favourable topics. Psst
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by obataokenwa(m): 1:19pm On May 10, 2018
That comment from Dencia is word of wisdom. That lady is sensible
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by akdeedee: 1:26pm On May 10, 2018
Women, always wanting to receive..how about giving also
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 10, 2018
Acidosis:
The idea is totally cool but I'd rather call it stipend (pocket money). This should be done whether she works or not. Besides, if you marry a good woman, it will never be out of place to give her an unrestricted access to your atm card(s). The fact that some women have turned themselves to yahoogirls does not affect an ideal family structure, how ideal partners should relate with themselves and their [ideal] children.

Even if they're working they should be given stipends... stipends exactly for what

So whose gonna give the man stipends?
nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 10, 2018
pocohantas:
I agree to this.
Not salary, but she is entitled to stipends.

I can't even imagine that life.
So, I rather not be a housewife.

I salute all the housewives ahbeg!

Really?

Most housewives in Nigeria are deliberately being housewives!

Some prefer to stay at home and look after children rather than working .

Nothing like stipends.. you decide to stay at home and the man works to make ends meet and you still expect him to pay you stipends? like wtf who does that
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by KingDemolah(m): 1:33pm On May 10, 2018
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by bmaks: 1:42pm On May 10, 2018
Faithway10:
Singer Waje,TV personality, Eku Edewor, and Cameroonian singer and Beauty entrepreneur, Dencia have all reacted to tweets by writer, Ozzy Etomi that house wives should be paid salaries by their husbands.

According to Ozzy, housewives should insist on pension payment. Part of her tweets read;

"[i]Husband is away, Nanny had an emergency, had to work from home today while handling an extremely precocious 10 month old. I'd pick going to work over staying in with a baby/toddler all day. Stay at home mom's dont get enough appreciation, admiration or respect. PAY YOUR WIVES.

Imagine how daft some people can be, calling a child you gave birth with your own womb extremely Precocious, must people know about that sef, even sef you are so useless to be called a woman talk less of a mother for you to desire going to work over staying with your own CHILD.....Which kin WORK dis Jero dey do sef Na the Nanny help you sleep with your husband or na she help you born the pikin Now she's trying to hide her stupidity under Husband paying stay at home moms....we don hear oooo. send ya bank account!!!

Auntie Waje eku ise feminism oooooo, Dencia na hin we for dey say her screw don loose but we found out the mechanic don tight am back and loose ya own finally......... #Mtcheew
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Apina(m): 1:42pm On May 10, 2018
My mum is a stay at home mum but not a full time housewife, theres a difference. A stay at home mum is not necessarily a full time housewife due to the fact that alot of women are now opening one business or another which they run from the comfort of their houses. The problem i have with the original opinions is that its flawed in itself and thats why its important to think things through before you come online to post half smart opinions. There are more than 10 reactions here already with no one spotting such an obvious flaw, but what do I even know. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Born2Breed(f): 1:48pm On May 10, 2018
If the man decides the woman should stay at home and work as nanny,house help and whatever then its logical that she is paid.

Most people work 9-5 but the work of a house wife is 12am to 12am.

Taking care of a home is creaDVD and women deserves some akolaid.....(in Igwe Tupac's voice)

1 Like

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by HomeOfMe(f): 1:49pm On May 10, 2018
Faithway10:
Singer Waje,TV personality, Eku Edewor, and Cameroonian singer and Beauty entrepreneur, Dencia have all reacted to tweets by writer, Ozzy Etomi that house wives should be paid salaries by their husbands.

According to Ozzy, housewives should insist on pension payment. Part of her tweets read;

"Husband is away, Nanny had an emergency, had to work from home today while handling an extremely precocious 10 month old. I'd pick going to work over staying in with a baby/toddler all day. Stay at home mom's dont get enough appreciation, admiration or respect. PAY YOUR WIVES.

I truly believe stay at home mothers should earn a salary, paid by their husbands. I dont want to start another twitter war, so instead I will write an article about this because I can ignore medium comments smiley I also believe they should insist on pension payments.
"

Waje wrote;

"I agree...... not a bad thing to empower a stay at home mum financially. Being a stay at home mum is a full time job"

Dencia wrote;

"But don’t most couples have joint accounts the money you use to buy clothes, shoes etc can be saved right? Why get paid to raise your own children? When them kids u raise turn out fine,isn’t that ur jackpot as a mom? Maybe it should be , the same way kids have saving accounts, dad should put some $$ in mom’s account too."

Eku Edewor wrote;

"I think it depends on so many factors and usually something that should be discussed before whoever takes on which role. If you marry later, I expect savings to be in place. If a partner agrees to stay home wether they receive additional money for 'personal savings' depends on the earning power of the partner. If partner is wealthy and you don't choose to have a joint, then sharing funds is in separate accounts is a sign of respect and the fact that you're giving your partner the same financial freedoms you have. Also if the family is wealthy, stay at home has more support and in this day and age working from home actually can be inspiring, when you have help, you are freed up to be creative with your time .Also if stay at home feels trapped, is that a marriage they wish to be in, in the first place. If you really want savings from a stingy partner that has in excess and partner doesn't share, start inflating your budgets and keeping the excess as savings! Lol, it's both your money. If the case is that one must stay home as family are unable to afford help, nanny, cook, etc i think after rent, power, food, fees has been handled there is hardly anything left for either to have extra to save but rather all extra should be saved for the benefit of family in long run. So many factors to consider really and so many diff examples but it's all choice at the end of the day."

What do you think?

See more here; https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/05/housewives-should-be-paid-salaries-waje-dencia-eku-edewor.html

The man can do that from his own discretion,not that the woman would outrightly ask to be paid for caring and nurturing their children. If the man feels like supporting her why not. There's joy and fulfillment in nurturing your kids and taking care of the home front-though a bit daunting.
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 10, 2018
Nigeria ladies always liabilities to men and lazy for living... They even need small sperm from men for them to get pregnant.... They cant do anytin on their own... Now still requesting for salary..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Actress Mercy Aigbe Dazzles As She Wins Style Icon Award At The Lfas / Olakunle Churchill Visits Southern Kaduna With Praiz And Foundation Team / I’ve Not Made Money From Music — Kelly Hansome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.