Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu (24288 Views)

Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / Traditional Priests In Lagos Curse Men Who Attacked Oba Of Lagos Palace / MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Acidosis(m): 7:53am On May 11, 2018
I hope no one will complain when Adeboye decides to shut down Lagos-Ibadan expressway?

Impunity is just too much in this country.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by gredenco1(m): 7:53am On May 11, 2018
Thunder fire muric. is it their state? when they block road to pray in the north, who stops them?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by MemphisRaynes: 7:53am On May 11, 2018
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by yemmight(m): 7:54am On May 11, 2018
Optional09:
Muslims are terrorists

So what are the Oro Priests?

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by imam07: 7:54am On May 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
For the first time I will have to agree with MURIC.How on earth in the 21st century in a big city like lagos,People are stopped from exercising their fundamental right to freedom of movement because some traditionalists are performing some ceremony.Its so so shameful
Do u realise they have been doing this before you and muric came to existence.21st century my black ass.

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by terrezo2002(m): 7:55am On May 11, 2018
I think I agree with MURIC. All the nonsense traditions should not be allowed in the public.
Imagine a tradition that prevents women from walking freely where you have a number of population and strangers visiting often. It must stop
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by oyetunder(m): 7:55am On May 11, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
I prefer to live with those ORO priest than to live with islamists
Me too...because even if you run inside a borehole from them, they will follow you and kill you while praising their own 'god'. Souls they can kill in an hour...oro cannot kill in a century.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by akimoriyomi(m): 7:56am On May 11, 2018
O'lagbara
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Nobody: 7:56am On May 11, 2018
If you know you can win a cooking challenge,like the page of a seasoning brand here in nigeria bellow in my signature and wait for further instructions.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Judolisco(m): 7:57am On May 11, 2018
U guys use to block roads every Friday now

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by FlyoruB: 7:57am On May 11, 2018
When some fanatics block roads during prayers where Muric dey then? These Muric people are very useless.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Omojudy: 7:57am On May 11, 2018
I was nodding my head in agreement until he decides to say "Christians have been known to attack shrines in the east".
Must they always find a way to pick a quarrell with Christians? Protest your own protest and leave us to protest our own.

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by phemmie06(m): 7:58am On May 11, 2018
neezar:
Muric should shut up

this is yoruba tradition and it must be respected in their region, the oro festival have been in existence before Islam came to the west

btw I am not from the south west....just stating the obvious
How I wish someone close to you fall victim, curfew imposed by traditional worshipers when you ought to be at work,. LAZIEST YOUTH

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by bmankpatako: 8:01am On May 11, 2018
Yes we agreed. But Christians are the sponsors.
Werey omo. Ur mother do mistake born u if not she suppose abort u for gutter
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by engrkaz(m): 8:02am On May 11, 2018
I am a Muslim from Epe in Lagos State...MURIC has no point... Imale oni ki a ma se oro

9 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by fasterwell(m): 8:02am On May 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
For the first time I will have to agree with MURIC.How on earth in the 21st century in a big city like lagos,People are stopped from exercising their fundamental right to freedom of movement because some traditionalists are performing some ceremony.Its so so shameful

That is cultural/traditional festival that must be celebrated even in centuries to come.

Go to China, Japan etc and how they celebrate the ancient festivals in this 21st century.

But wait o, what about christmas?

6 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by israelmao(m): 8:03am On May 11, 2018
Break beyond the boundary.Speak up against the continuous killings of innocent Nigerians by Boko Haram,Fulani herdmen and armed bandits all these killings far beyond "Oro" secret cult even though it is obnoxious and dangerous to modern society.

4 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by tafabaloo(m): 8:04am On May 11, 2018
Who sent you to speak for Christians? As far as they are concerned, Oro people can perform their rituals any day anytime ,so far they didn't go to church to disturb worshippers.

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by bmankpatako: 8:04am On May 11, 2018
Muric is speaking the mind of all. Let's stop to be stupid pls. But if u insist on been stupid then blame ur parents who do not raise u well.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by BruncleZuma: 8:09am On May 11, 2018
Best solution to this MURIC issue is to stop giving them airplay...ORO Festival I support, and no one should quote me with the trite arguments I've been reading on this issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by julimax(m): 8:10am On May 11, 2018
People that block major highway on Fridays to pray?

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Eskibo10: 8:11am On May 11, 2018
neezar:

according to my knowledge, once a lady sees them or the juju pot....The oro festival is of no use again which will lead to them flogging her....i don't know if they do kill
th. There is limitations to fundamental human right ...how about Muslim who block road during Friday's prayer ...we should be tolerant,moreover this people have been toleranting Islam and xtain right from when there were imported

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Shafiiimran99: 8:12am On May 11, 2018
neezar:
Muric should shut up

this is yoruba tradition and it must be respected in their region, the oro festival have been in existence before Islam came to the west

They are free to practice their religion but they should not restricting people's movement?

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by TreasuredGlory: 8:12am On May 11, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
I prefer to live with those ORO priest than to live with islamists
Yes, I will also prefer to live with the Oro Priests than have anything to do with the Islamists. Very very heartless set of people who look the other way and are happy when the Muslims begin to slaughter and bomb everywhere. Anywhere, you find the Muslims, there's absence of peace even though they claim otherwise. Great paedophiles like their Mohammed who did everything abominable. He started by marrying a woman old enough to be his mother, sent men to the warfronts to have them killed and later married their wives. He did the unthinkable by marrying a nine year old girl. It will never be well with him wherever he is and may he forever rot in hell with all his supporters. Bastardssssss !!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by dominique(f): 8:13am On May 11, 2018
This Muric professor like to talk anyhow sha

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by ipobarecriminals: 8:13am On May 11, 2018
sad undecided
kingthreat:
Im a christian and I support this call. These fetish ritualists should retreat to the forests
undecided
kingthreat:
Im a christian and I support this call. These fetish ritualists should retreat to the forests
Bia! oga Xtian.Nobody force u to live there.Wen we xtain fey spread canopies, use 2 by 2 shops ,street for our gospel revival, do dey arrest una?Respect oda religion. U can relocate to where xtain dey,simple.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by 3kay945(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2018
RisMas:
some people need their brains examined angry The moment they saw MURIC, they never cared to read the content. Nairaland is peopled by lazy children of hate. before you attack me, try and read the statement and ask your self why you are not stupid undecided

Thank you for this. I got confused due to thier level of reasoning.
They didn't even bother to read it o
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by kingsmaila(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2018
The correlation is that human's life is involved. Both kill human beings.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by mfm04622: 8:15am On May 11, 2018
neezar:
Muric should shut up

Can we read before commenting please? Please ask your parents if they have EVER witnessed or heard that Oro was done during the day. It was ALWAYS during the night. So this is not Yoruba's culture, it is only done to inconvenience people
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by sallyopy(f): 8:17am On May 11, 2018
kingkakaone:
What about those blocking the road/highways every Friday to do prayer?

It happens in most of the northern region.

If arrest should be the answer, most of his people would have been arrested for blocking motorists during their prayers.
and what can you say of RCCG on first Friday of the months on Lagos Ibadan Express?

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by wasiudvd(m): 8:17am On May 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
The same way people are being flogged presently in Awka because of umuawka.
The next time you hear of Pro festival, please go there with females from you household, go and exercise your fundamental human right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris At Eid Prayer Ground In Oyo (photos) / The Ghana Empire - 300 CE / Racist Habits Die HARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.