Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:13 PM

MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu (24934 Views)

Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / Traditional Priests In Lagos Curse Men Who Attacked Oba Of Lagos Palace / MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by fucktoto: 9:32am On May 11, 2018
muric is the islamic arm boooohari is trying to use in making nigeria a sharia state.

tell me how a religious group would overlook all the injustices going on in the country but be quick to criticize other people's or groups' traditions? how is the oro practiced in ikorodu any of their business? bunch of terrorists!

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by mfm04622: 9:34am On May 11, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
did Oro start today? Do you know how they celebrate Oro before you were born?

Do you know more than the Oro priests?
The fact that you are used to seeing them celebrating at night doesn't mean they can't do it during the day if they want to.

I have just confirmed from my dad. He too has not heard of Oro festival during the day. Your response mean you too can't give an example of when Oro was celebrated during the day. What changed? Why celebrate Oro during the day now? Why is the change limited to Ikorodu?
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by elitestrategist: 9:35am On May 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
For the first time I will have to agree with MURIC.How on earth in the 21st century in a big city like lagos,People are stopped from exercising their fundamental right to freedom of movement because some traditionalists are performing some ceremony.Its so so shameful

People are myopic
Are u aware that on fridays
Dz descendants of othman dan fodio usually blocks all federal highways in kaduna, kano , jigawa , sokoto ,zamfara etc during there jumat service
No matter whom you are ...u cannot enter d city of kano during jumat, yiu r here supporting hypocritical muric
He should rather addressed the impediment posed by muslims on federal highways on fridays in d north

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by blakky97(m): 9:37am On May 11, 2018
neezar:

according to my knowledge, once a lady sees them or the juju pot....The oro festival is of no use again which will lead to them flogging her....i don't know if they do kill
they curse. witch craft type of curse. i think they kill people at night
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Nobody: 9:38am On May 11, 2018
sallyopy:
and what can you say of RCCG on first Friday of the months on Lagos Ibadan Express?
My take is, if they should be arrested, then same should go for all who block the road.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Mcreloaded(m): 9:40am On May 11, 2018
I know of the issue of zakzaki and his crew that block road when on procession in the North concerning their Muslim beliefs.
It is wrong to block roads no matter the religion or reason because motorist suffer a lot

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by pennylland: 9:44am On May 11, 2018
Dtoms2:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.herald.ng/oro-festival-muslim-group-calls-for-the-arrest-of-priests/amp/
MURIC,YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOWN THAT THERE IS FREEDOM OF RELIGION IN THE COUNTRY CONSTITUTION,AND THERE ARE PRACTICING THEIR OWN RELIGION TOO,IF YOU THINK THEY HAVE NO POWER TO IMPOSE CURFEW ON WOMEN, FROM WHERE DID YOUR MEMBER'S GOTTEN THE POWER THEY ARE BLOCKING THE ROAD ALL OVER THE COUNTRY EVERY FRIDAY?

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Maxcollins042(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Let Muric call for the arrest of Muslims blocking roads on Fridays.
Do you mean the Shiites? If yes then you should channel your complaint to MURIC.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by ollah2: 9:55am On May 11, 2018
MURIC should shut up, fvxk foreign gods.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Harrison4adam(m): 9:56am On May 11, 2018
[You are a seeial fool
Devil and his evil representation will build castle in your sorry life.
quote author=CROWNWEALTH019 post=67446697]I prefer to live with those ORO priest than to live with islamists[/quote]
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Oloripelebe: 10:04am On May 11, 2018
Make Oro pple fight for Dia own public holiday nao grin
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by monex(m): 10:08am On May 11, 2018
RisMas:
some people need their brains examined angry The moment they saw MURIC, they never cared to read the content. Nairaland is peopled by lazy children of hate. before you attack me, try and read the statement and ask your self why you are not stupid undecided
exactly
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by fucktoto: 10:10am On May 11, 2018
phemmie06:

How I wish someone close to you fall victim, curfew imposed by traditional worshipers when you ought to be at work,. LAZIEST YOUTH

abeg, shut up!

compare the number of times oro traditionalists MISTAKENLY kill a soul in a decade to how many times ISLAMIC boko haram and their foooolani herdsmen brethren DELIBERATELY murder people in cold blood in a week.

and oro people usually issue out a warning before they start their dance, but moooslim terrorists attack any time they like and destroy lives and properties with reckless abandon.

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by EarthXmetahuman: 10:16am On May 11, 2018
mfm04622:

I have just confirmed from my dad. He too has not heard of Oro festival during the day. Your response mean you too can't give an example of when Oro was celebrated during the day. What changed? Why celebrate Oro during the day now? Why is the change limited to Ikorodu?
Are you saying Oro started in 2010? grin

Oro is not celebrated all over Yoruba land, just like not every Yoruba celebrate ayelala or sapona etc.
Its not mainstream in Yoruba land like ogun, sango etc.

Does your father have real time information's during his time like you have now?

You log into Internet, you know what is going on in remote village in Zimbabwe, does your father have this kind if information at his fingertips then?

Do you also know that ther is one masquerade in ibadan called ololu that restrict women from seing it? Ask your father if he knows.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Demmzy15(m): 10:17am On May 11, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
I prefer to live with those ORO priest than to live with islamists
Did you even read the letter? angry
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by fucktoto: 10:21am On May 11, 2018
mfm04622:

Give an example of when Islam stopped people from worshipping their gods. Just one example.

early this year, they attacked a church in one village in enugu, stabbed the pastor and forced the members to yell "allaaauwabaaaa!!"

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by EarthXmetahuman: 10:26am On May 11, 2018
mfm04622:

Let's take your point one after the other.

Muslims are the main victims of Boko haram and other religious terrorist groups. Fact! These terrorist groups aim is not to stop other religions from practicing their religions but to "clean" and ensure Islam is practiced the way they believe it should be practiced.
Do you know what Jihad mean? Jihad mean striving in the cause of Allah. Anything you do to help Islam is Jihad. Jihad does not mean war. In fact, it is forbidden to forcibly convert people to Islam.
If you scrap all public holidays and not only Muslim ones, no problems. Don't Muslims live where there is no public holidays for Islamic festivals?
If a mosque is disturbing you with noise, report them, especially if you live in Lagos. Where is the problem in exercising your right?
So where are mosques built in civilized societies? Outside towns? In industrial areas? Lol!! Mosques are religious buildings and same rule that govern construction of churches. So check and you will see mosques in residential areas in "civilized" societies.
Right, boko haram are not Muslims but they just love killing anyone that happens to hate not supporting their own brand of Islam.

Also right.. Jihad is a peaceful evangelism by Mohammed after fighting a peaceful war (that doesn't involve killing) to capture mecca.
Usman danfodio also waged a peaceful jihad in the north to spread Islam. grin

Yeah, Muslims live there but cannot demand for public holiday because they are not majority. we also know what is going in those countries.
Now answer the question, are you going to be happy if we start clamouring scrapping of holidays for Muslims festival?

Yeah right. Call authorities for jihadist grin

I see you dodged the hijab part even when islamists have used hijab to perpetrate more suicide bombing in the north.

Welldone. You are a true Muslim. Hypocrite to the bone.

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Demmzy15(m): 10:33am On May 11, 2018
xtervaganza:
Everything annoys muslims. Bastards who are a stain on humanity.

The world would be a better place without these savages
May Allaah help you!
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by liljaydee(m): 10:34am On May 11, 2018
Calabar killing of twins is not a religion... okay its just a way of life. when Redeem blocked Ibadan express way during there camp period and make motorist stuck in grid locks for hours... what will you call that as well, who came up against that? just because they are traditional worshiper you are going against them. moreover this there festival is once in a year.... Redeem does theirs every month. why didnt they call for arrest of the so called G.O?

PaChukwudi44:

its a very stupid tradition and should be done away with.Why don't you ask Calabar people to resume killing of twins because it was there before Christianity and islam came

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Demmzy15(m): 10:40am On May 11, 2018
mfm04622:

Let's take your point one after the other.

Muslims are the main victims of Boko haram and other religious terrorist groups. Fact! These terrorist groups aim is not to stop other religions from practicing their religions but to "clean" and ensure Islam is practiced the way they believe it should be practiced.
Do you know what Jihad mean? Jihad mean striving in the cause of Allah. Anything you do to help Islam is Jihad. Jihad does not mean war. In fact, it is forbidden to forcibly convert people to Islam.
If you scrap all public holidays and not only Muslim ones, no problems. Don't Muslims live where there is no public holidays for Islamic festivals?
If a mosque is disturbing you with noise, report them, especially if you live in Lagos. Where is the problem in exercising your right?
So where are mosques built in civilized societies? Outside towns? In industrial areas? Lol!! Mosques are religious buildings and same rule that govern construction of churches. So check and you will see mosques in residential areas in "civilized" societies.
Seriously, Egbon I just liked the way you cleared that guy. I learnt a few new things from your posts.

Jazaka Allaah kayran
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by redsun(m): 10:49am On May 11, 2018
It time the mofos level up the tradition to the 21st world and sift out all the retrogressive aspects of it that is not compatible with the modern world..

The problem with africans is that they think traditions must be static in fear of provoking the ancestors, but they forgot that their ancestors world was totally different from today's world. It is the key reason why they are not evolving mentally and otherwise.

Traditional festival like that should be used to attract people to the community and boost commerce, instead they are doing the opposite because their mind work in reverse. It is sad this coming from moslems that refuse to evolve too,but their agitation is somewhat right. It calls for them to look in the mirror themselves and see their primitive practices that they need to leave behind
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by mfm04622: 10:53am On May 11, 2018
fucktoto:

early this year, they attacked a church in one village in enugu, stabbed the pastor and forced the members to yell "allaaauwabaaaa!!"

I will like a link to that story. Thank you.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by mfm04622: 11:04am On May 11, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

Right, boko haram are not Muslims but they just love killing anyone that happens to hate not supporting their own brand of Islam.

Also right.. Jihad is a peaceful evangelism by Mohammed after fighting a peaceful war (that doesn't involve killing) to capture mecca.
Usman danfodio also waged a peaceful jihad in the north to spread Islam. grin

Yeah, Muslims live there but cannot demand for public holiday because they are not majority. we also know what is going in those countries.
Now answer the question, are you going to be happy if we start clamouring scrapping of holidays for Muslims festival?

Yeah right. Call authorities for jihadist grin

I see you dodged the hijab part even when islamists have used hijab to perpetrate more suicide bombing in the north.

Welldone. You are a true Muslim. Hypocrite to the bone.

Really, no war was fought by the Prophet when he conquered Mecca. Go and check.
So Muslims in the South West are "Jihadist" too?
Islam existed in Northern Nigeria BEFORE Usman Dan Fodio. In fact, i can claim that Usman Dan Fodio wars are about being a ruler and not about Islam. Why do say this? He made his relatives rulers over conquered cities and towns. So only his relatives are good Muslims? Or his relatives are the best? In fact he fought and overthrew Hausa rulers that are Muslims. He claimed they don't practice Islam the right way He even attacked but failed to overthrow the Kanem Empire. This charge he couldn't law against the kanem-Borno empire.
I really don't know what is going on in those countries. So kindly explain.
I won't mind if ALL holidays are scrapped. The Oro is not a holiday. For a public holiday, nobody tell you how to spend the day. You can open your shop during public holiday if you want. But Oro forces people to be indoors.
For hijab, i don't care what people wear as long as they are not forced to wear those items. So how is Hijab an issue? If you want to search someone wearing hijab, get a female to do it in a secluded place. Simple.
Let's not take this to insult level. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by enemyofprogress: 11:08am On May 11, 2018
Muslims too like trouble

I dey my house come and beat me tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by mfm04622: 11:11am On May 11, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

Are you saying Oro started in 2010? grin

Oro is not celebrated all over Yoruba land, just like not every Yoruba celebrate ayelala or sapona etc.
Its not mainstream in Yoruba land like ogun, sango etc.

Does your father have real time information's during his time like you have now?

You log into Internet, you know what is going on in remote village in Zimbabwe, does your father have this kind if information at his fingertips then?

Do you also know that ther is one masquerade in ibadan called ololu that restrict women from seing it? Ask your father if he knows.

As if there is no radio or television then. Even in the days of our forefathers, there are means of disseminating information. At least he has not heard of Oro being done during the day. Oro is VERY widespread. At least in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo states. For Ololu, when was the last time the masquerade came out? Confirm if there are things to ensure women don't see it or women are just restricted from coming out?

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by BetaThings: 11:19am On May 11, 2018
kingkakaone:
What about those blocking the road/highways every Friday to do prayer?

It happens in most of the northern region.

If arrest should be the answer, most of his people would have been arrested for blocking motorists during their prayers.

What about those who block roads when they go to camp?
Or when they are enacting crucifixion of Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Nobody: 11:21am On May 11, 2018
BetaThings:

What about those who block roads when they go to camp? Or when they are enacting crucifixion of Jesus?
Same thing should be applicable for all... I was pointing out the one sidedness of MURIC

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Nobody: 11:28am On May 11, 2018
Sansa143:
Was about to say dis.Dere was a day I was travelling and our car had to stop and we were right in dere middle,we couldn't pass till the were tru. Federal road for that mata.Even area road,dem d block sef.
I dy tell u.
The guy is just being mischievous and biased in his call for arrest of a group who did theirs once while others do it weekly.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by EarthXmetahuman: 11:35am On May 11, 2018
[quote author=mfm04622 post=67466858][/quote]
Wrong.

ololu still come out every year.

Radio and television carried every festival going on in every state I their days right? How many of them even have tv or radio.

Just accept you are ignorant and have been schooled and move the Bleep on.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by BetaThings: 11:35am On May 11, 2018
Jogunomi1:

There is a mosque opposite Alaafin's Palace in Oyo. That mosque is along a two-lanes Highway. That is always closed on Friday afternoon for Jumaat service. Point that out to Muric too.

Jumat service is for 2 hours and you can bypass it somehow
Church events - camping, processions also lead to road closure
Why are you guys so disdainful of the truth

If this release had come from CAN - same message - you would have applauded

A curfew penalises anyone who goes out - it is not about inconvenience, break of curfew leads to physical harm/attack

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by BetaThings: 11:39am On May 11, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

I am tempted to believe that the rumour which is making round about the annihilation of the Christians in the North is TRUE in order to force islam down the throat of the Northerners!

Do you believe that rumour?
I hope you remember than in 2011 in Jos, Muslims were not allowed to use the praying ground on the day of eid
And those who went there were killed, burnt and the flesh consumed
Don't take my word for it - google it and also check the video on youtube "killing and eating of muslims in Jos"

Wiseandtrue:
To think that this is coming from a religion that blocks everywhere on FRIDAYs is equally nauseating
Christians also block roads when celebrating Eater procession, while in camp and on Sundays - because Sunday is not a workday, the effect is less; declare Friday workfree and you will see that roads will not be blocked
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by BetaThings: 11:39am On May 11, 2018
Ganiyat72:
grin We Yoruba Muslims self, although muric is sport on this time around. But that does not diminish the fact that most (if not all )of us Muslims are closet. terrorist

I see that you are not even a good impersonator
Yes the "closet-terrorists" have never attacked anyone
But you the self-declared lovers of peace have been busy - carrying out massacre all over the place

Umuleri v Agwuleri are killing themselves in the SE
Ife v Modakeke in the SW
Ijaw v Itsekiri in the SS

https://www.nairaland.com/950137/40-killed-village-head-beheaded
https://www.naija.ng/872028-gunshots-blood-cross-river-ebonyi-neighbouring-communities-clash.html#872028
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/18-houses-torched-renewed-aguleri-umuleri-war/
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/06/16/20-feared-dead-in-cross-river-ebonyi-communal-clash/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi At Maryland Grand Ball - See Photos / Funny But True To Life Superstitions / Black Girl Fights Somali Girl Cause Somali Girl Has Nice Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.