Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu (24351 Views)

Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / Traditional Priests In Lagos Curse Men Who Attacked Oba Of Lagos Palace / MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by EarthXmetahuman: 4:23pm On May 11, 2018
mfm04622:

Don't you think when they don't people to come out they will announce it?
ignoramus. ..
I live in ibadan. Ask anyone in ibadan who is familiar with egungun festival if there is still ololu or not.
Ololu is oba egungu that comes out after every other egungu are through. And yes they announce the route ololu will be passing.

If there is no compulsion, there won't be jihad, mujaheedeens, boko haram, or terrosim.

I think you have nothing to say again. Go back to school kid..
I'm done talking to you.

Have a nice life buddy.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Olabenjamen22(m): 4:31pm On May 11, 2018
mfm04622:

There are many gods worshipped in Yoruba land. They gain prominence and die with time. Each town has there own diety. The popular gods today are relatively new. Ogun, Sango, Egungun, Igunuko all came after Islam in Yoruba land. Fact. Not even after Islam was started ooo, after Islam got to Yoruba land

Chaii, where did you get this trash from, well it just a matter of time before you mumuslim will claim that yorubas are born Muslim, dumb talk, did you even know when those tradition you mention above started.

Mumuslim and erasing of history is like 5 and 6. No wonder Egypt is now occupied by white Arab.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by BetaThings: 4:39pm On May 11, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

I'm pretty sure if Isis existed in the days of danfodio, their caliphate will be the one running things in the north now.
This is an if. You think you are pretty sure, but you are not!

EarthXmetahuman:
The fact that the world now thinks forcing people into caliphate is an act of terrorism doesn't make danfodio type of caliphate right.
If danfodio tried that stunt now, he will be declared a terrorist.

How was Christianity spread? What was the doctrine of discovery about?
So what would happen if people's land are taken by force and they are converted into Christianity by force
But Christians did in Iraq as recently as 2003 - Soldiers invaded and the "missionaries" followed in their wake

[s]https://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/jesus-killed-mohammed/[/s]

EarthXmetahuman:

Except Sunni and shia declaring each other fake muslim and killing each other everyday.
Yes, they are killing themselves in America, Nigeria etc
Learn to separate politics from religious matters
Did Shia and Sunni kill themselves before theIiranian revolution of 1979
Or did Iran become 1979

EarthXmetahuman:
The fact that you want to blind yourself from the reality that some Hausas still think yoruba muslims are not pure muslim like them doesn't change the fact that it is happening.

And you want to blind yourself to the fact that Pentecostals call Catholics idol worshippers
https://www.nairaland.com/2265628/pentecostal-getting-married-catholic

But if you know any Yoruba that the Hausa openly call a kafir, let me know, I will straighten out the Husa's doctrine
Any ignorant person can think whatever

EarthXmetahuman:
You can say they are not muslim, that totally depends on your own enlightenment. But it is happening.
Are Catholics true Christians? And vice versa?

EarthXmetahuman:
except the government decided to favor the muslims and christians
if we declare holidays for traditons like Oro, I'm sure there will be enough publicity for Oro day too.
MURIC has no issue with public holidaay for Oro worshippers
I don't too
I only have issues with curfew

EarthXmetahuman:
Yeah. Ban on Islam. Every ban on any Islam tradition is ban on Islam but they can demand that Oro priests be arrested for celebrating a part of his own religion.
Yes of course
How does the Hijab affect you? Does it stop you from moving around?
Your Oro Curfew restricts my freedom

EarthXmetahuman:
Trucks can be stopped and searched by anyone either male or female and at anytime.
Can Police stop and search hijab women anyhow they want in the north without consequences?
Forget North,
when you say SARS is intrusive is it about female alone?
Are you comfortable with a man searching your wive?
People are frisked while boarding planes, at examination venues etc - are these done to women in the South by men?
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by BetaThings: 4:40pm On May 11, 2018
CofOLandOfPeace:

Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened. You can contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Please enlighten yourself first

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by mfm04622: 4:41pm On May 11, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
ignoramus. ..
I live in ibadan. Ask anyone in ibadan who is familiar with egungun festival if there is still ololu or not.
Ololu is oba egungu that comes out after every other egungu are through. And yes they announce the route ololu will be passing.

If there is no compulsion, there won't be jihad, mujaheddin, boko haram, or terrosim.

I think you have nothing to say again. Go back to school kid..
I'm done talking to you.

Have a nice life buddy.

Must you insult? Can't you pass your message without insulting? Am not arguing with you about Ololu. It was about dissemination of information in the old days! You can't relax to process information before jumping to respond! Now go back and read. There are many "reasons" terrorists perform acts of terrorism. For Example, Bin Laden wanted US to leave Saudi Arabia. That was the reason he waged war against US. IRA wanted independence. Many reasons. Compulsion of practitioners of other religions have never been one of them. Even if the terrorist claimed it is, it is a goal that cannot be achieved. The fact that BH, ISIS, and other terrorist groups victims are mostly people that shared same faith with them showed it is not about religion. What do BH gained by bombing mosques? Mujaheddin usually refers to Afghans that fought USSR for independence. This is not about religion, it is about statehood and independence. Why mention them here? In fact that term is used to refer to insurgents fighting to wrest political control from govt, as long as they are Muslims.
Islam is very specific. No aspect of human life is left to chance. problem is Muslims don't seek for knowledge about how Allah want them to live. their laziness left them prey to those who misled them. If only Muslims can practice Islam as it was meant to be practiced!
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by BetaThings: 4:42pm On May 11, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, dummy can you show me a traditionalist that did money ritual,

fact is 95% of the ritualist in south west are your Alfa, your Alahji and your imam

People just take fright and impose curfew on themselves when your Obas die, why?

Anybody who ascribes to Islam and says come and consult me about what will happen tomorrow is an idol worshipper
Anybody who says bring a goat, human part etc so that I can use it to benefit you is an idol worshipper
Anyway such activities are mostly traditional practices imported into Islam

You will find that the Arabs don't do such rituals - if they were part of Islam, they will have similar practices, wouldn't they?

1 Like

Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by mfm04622: 4:57pm On May 11, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

Chaii, where did you get this trash from, well it just a matter of time before you mumuslim will claim that yorubas are born Muslim, dumb talk, did you even know when those tradition you mention above started.

Mumuslim and erasing of history is like 5 and 6. No wonder Egypt is now occupied by white Arab.

Please go and buy "History of Yoruba" by Samuel Johnson.

Must you insult those you disagree with?
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by mfm04622: 5:02pm On May 11, 2018
scholes0:

Yes you made it up.

There is no part of Samuel Johnson's book that says Islam was in Yorubaland before Egungun which is one of the most basic elements of Yoruba culture. Egungun is a form of ancestor veneration which is a very primordial element of human spirituality as a whole, talk less of Islam.

One, have you read it?

if you have read it you should know how egungun came into yoruba land.
Two, of course he didn't specify it. But go and read and see when Yoruba started becoming Muslims and check if Sango was an Alaafin then or not.
Simple
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by EarthXmetahuman: 5:26pm On May 11, 2018
BetaThings:

This is an if. You think you are pretty sure, but you are not!
nope. im 101% sure.

just like marrying 11 year against the law now which is not so in the days of muahmmed or danfodio.

anyone who tries to danfodio stunt now will be a wanted terrorist. just like shekau

How was Christianity spread? What was the doctrine of discovery about?
So what would happen if people's land are taken by force and they are converted into Christianity by force
But Christians did in Iraq as recently as 2003 - Soldiers invaded and the "missionaries" followed in their wake

[s]https://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/jesus-killed-mohammed/[/s]
donot assume everyone that has problem with islam is a christian.

Yes, they are killing themselves in America, Nigeria etc
Learn to separate politics from religious matters
Did Shia and Sunni kill themselves before theIiranian revolution of 1979
Or did Iran become 1979
except no one is mixing political killings and religious killing here.

are iranians and only shia muslim in the world?

And you want to blind yourself to the fact that Pentecostals call Catholics idol worshippers
https://www.nairaland.com/2265628/pentecostal-getting-married-catholic
again, not everyone that has problem with islam is christian.
when its time to bash christianity, i do it. this is about islam having problem with everyone.
they have problem with christians, their fellow muslims, bhuddist, oro people.. why always muslims?

But if you know any Yoruba that the Hausa openly call a kafir, let me know, I will straighten out the Husa's doctrine
Any ignorant person can think whatever
yeah, hausa muslim also thinks you are ignorant. and a kaffir. go to north and preach to them there.

Are Catholics true Christians? And vice versa?
except catholics don't go about killing people in 21 century or asking muslim leaders be arrested for what they feel is not right about their religion.

MURIC has no issue with public holidaay for Oro worshippers
I don't too
I only have issues with curfew
why would curfew that has no backing of government or be enforced by anyone affect muric or anyone.

if i wake up one day and declare curfew because i want to pray to odin, am i forcing anyone to obey?

Yes of course
How does the Hijab affect you? Does it stop you from moving around?
Your Oro Curfew restricts my freedom
how would you feel or what will come to your mind if someone suddenly rush in to a bank with a ski mask on?
thats the same way i feel about hijab whenever i travel to north.
99% of suicide bomber in north had hijab on. male and female. so yes, it affects me psychologically every time i travel to north and see someone wearing hijab. what comes to my mind is, the person might be a suicide bomber.

Forget North,
when you say SARS is intrusive is it about female alone?
Are you comfortable with a man searching your wive?
People are frisked while boarding planes, at examination venues etc - are these done to women in the South by men?
if there is no insecurity caused by islamists, there wont be any reason for anyone to search anybody.
and yes, i wont have problem with security searching my wife if it is to prevent insecurity.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 11, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, dummy can you show me a traditionalist that did money ritual,

fact is 95% of the ritualist in south west are your Alfa, your Alahji and your imam
Dear retárd, traditionalists do rituals for living. Get that into your empty skull.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by MetaPhysical: 10:59pm On May 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
For the first time I will have to agree with MURIC.How on earth in the 21st century in a big city like lagos,People are stopped from exercising their fundamental right to freedom of movement because some traditionalists are performing some ceremony.Its so so shameful

In advanced countries, from where your democratic rights of freedom to move about are dictated, half the metrocity is shut down on marathon race days. True or false?

When a national league team wins the championship trophy the mayor and governor declares for honour parade. For the whole day activity in the city is at standstill, not to mention pockets of violence looting and vandalism that follows after intoxication settles in. True or false?

When the President of America visits a city, districts within the city are shut down. True or false?

If those that dictate your living standards and acceptance of modernity dont see a conflict in their freedom of movement and hosting marathon race, hosting city party or shutting down city for their president, why are you invoking their foreign rights of liberty to restrict yourself against a local injunction that was fully practiced, and even complied with by colonialists that lived amongst and witnessed Yoruba Oro Festival?
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by mandate12: 10:30am On May 12, 2018
But come to think if it... Hw would u tell ur boss u couldn't make it to work because of ...Oro? Lol
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by theDEVILisHERE: 3:11pm On May 13, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

its a very stupid tradition and should be done away with.Why don't you ask Calabar people to resume killing of twins because it was there before Christianity and islam came

Calabar people NEVER killed twins

No black group ever killed twins

Stop believing the lie of the white man

You black people following the religions of the devils (aka non black races) are a disgrace
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:23pm On May 13, 2018
1stolax:

Dear retárd, traditionalists do rituals for living. Get that into your empty skull.

I guess they have your father for ritual before, you fool.

Your Islam don't do ritual but they do bombing for their Allah for living.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 13, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

I guess they have your father for ritual before, you fool.

Your Islam don't do ritual but they do bombing for their Allah for living.
Dear morọn,
Please obey your Bible

Kill Sons of Sinners

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

You Have to Kill

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:34pm On May 13, 2018
BetaThings:

People just take fright and impose curfew on themselves when your Obas die, why?

Anybody who ascribes to Islam and says come and consult me about what will happen tomorrow is an idol worshipper
Anybody who says bring a goat, human part etc so that I can use it to benefit you is an idol worshipper
Anyway such activities are mostly traditional practices imported into Islam

You will find that the Arabs don't do such rituals - if they were part of Islam, they will have similar practices, wouldn't they?

why will Arab need such ritual when they are busy using themselves for ritual in the name of bombing, lol

so Arab is now your standard for Islam lol, wonderful, don't quote me again because i won't reply you.
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by Olabenjamen22(m): 11:09pm On May 13, 2018
1stolax:

Dear morọn,
Please obey your Bible

Kill Sons of Sinners

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

You Have to Kill

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

lol, your dead gigolo fake prophet and your dummy Allah will be really ashame of your stupidity,

lol, firstly Holy Bible is not meant for stupid people like you.

Secondly why don't you show me where Jesus fulfil those verse you quoted as you claim. Or is that what your illiterate imam told you
Re: MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu by ikorodureporta: 10:22am On May 14, 2018
'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Delta Community Conducts Traditional Cleansing, Curses Cultists, Criminals (Pix) / Cultural Ceremony To Crown The Pere Of Tarakiri Kingdom In Bayelsa (photos) / Gabriel Igbinedion's 83rd Birthday Celebration In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.