Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension (14363 Views)

Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries / Lagos APC Set To Sue NWC For Nullifying Congress / AGF Declares Omo-agege’s Suspension Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by ArmedRobber: 8:03am On May 11, 2018
chronique:
Lol. What punishment does the court think should be appropriate for a senator who invaded the chamber with thugs? On a normal day,this Omo-Agege should be behind bars now for burglary, theft and breach of public peace amongst other charges. But because he enjoys executive backing, he's walking as a free man. Nowhere in the world can a person commit such an offence, and get away with it. Only in Nigeria can such a thing happen. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the banana republic of Nigeria (BRN).
your brain is full of relaxer.gringrin if you Don't know Genesis of the whole issue why can't you keep shut and read before displaying your level of acute ignorance

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by Wantedmiller: 8:32am On May 11, 2018
ArmedRobber:
your brain is full of relaxer.gringrin if you Don't know Genesis of the whole issue why can't you keep shut and read before displaying your level of acute ignorance

see finishing..... you mean hair relaxer or brain relaxer
?
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by authority2006(m): 8:32am On May 11, 2018
thunder74:
At the end end, Ọmọ Agege loses. The Appeal processes will continue till the end of his tenure.

You are still the one who failed to see the speed at which his case is being attended to. The power behind him ensures speedy delivery of judgement and he will still get all his entitlements at the end of the day. The real losers will be primarily people in his constituency and secondarily you, me and Nigerians at large. Go figure.!

2 Likes

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by VanityUponVanit: 8:40am On May 11, 2018
If we talk APC we talk ACN, CPC, ANPP And part of APGA but not nPDP. This nPDP members are still their old self, they do not want the progress of APC. Only few have had change of attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by authority2006(m): 8:47am On May 11, 2018
Cherez:

So invading and taking away the maze assisted by thugs is lawful and legal?
Nigeria my country, when will you be well again?
I have no other place to call home, else I could have abandoned thee.
Can you Nigeria stop being horrible?
Can you just change for real?
GOD SAVE US ALL

Where did he say that in his comment? You guys should be very careful about how you interpret people's comments here.

Secondly, what evidence do you have that he participated in the invasion of the senate? The suspects had been arrested, why don't you wait until his name is mentioned. You were in this country when Dino was mentioned as an accomplish by criminals, as at today, police have not been able to get a word out of his mouth not to talk of someone who hasn't been mentioned.

Personally, you're biased in your assessment of the guy's comment, but you're still trying to project yourself as a patriotic Nigerian.

Tell me one horrible comment in his comment. He only made comment based on the court judgement. Do you disagree with the court's ruling? His illegal and unconstitutional suspension preceeded the invasion of the senate. And this thread is about his suspension, why digressing to something that happened after his suspension and something which is not a subject of discussion here?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by Realhommie(m): 8:54am On May 11, 2018
ArmedRobber:
Oh lawd... @Acute Ignorance gringrin.

1 Like

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:56am On May 11, 2018
agabusta:

Are you not in Nigeria? Political appeals are fast tracked.

The Senate is setting themselves up with the appeal.

An appeal court pronouncement on the matter will make it a settled matter, that the Senate cannot suspend anybody beyond 14 days.

after an appeal court is the supreme court.They will keep appealing until his tenure is over
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:57am On May 11, 2018
authority2006:

You are still the one who failed to see the speed at which his case is being attended to. The power behind him ensures speedy delivery of judgement and he will still get all his entitlements at the end of the day. The real losers will be primarily people in his constituency and secondarily you, me and Nigerians at large. Go figure.!

Those so-called powers cannot influence the supreme court because that is where this case will finally end
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by PFRB: 9:00am On May 11, 2018
intruxive:
grin
"Access to court is a constitutional right which cannot be taking away"
Saraki wants to rule the senate with impunity, punishing everyone who dares disobey him and constituting himself chief justice of the federation angry

That judge cannot make such a mistake. See the correct one below

"Access to court is a constitutional right which cannot be taken away"
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by chronique(m): 9:03am On May 11, 2018
kingthreat:

Stop reasoning via your anús. The invasion of the senate was a protest of an abuse by the senate president. He has no right to suspend another elected senator.

I bet in your empty skull now,you think you have said something meaningful. So,a senator who wants to protest an alleged ill treatment,has the right to hire thugs to go into the senate and disrupt the sitting and cart away the mace? And it makes a lot of sense to you? Go and look for your brain wherever you left it,clean it up and put it to use. Walking with an empty skull wouldn't do you any good.
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by authority2006(m): 9:06am On May 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Those so-called powers cannot influence the supreme court because that is where this case will finally end

Cases don't normally stay that long at the supreme court. Influence is about speedy trial not about the judgement itself, pls don't misunderstand me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by authority2006(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

after an appeal court is the supreme court.They will keep appealing until his tenure is over
They have two opportunities of appeal. And it won't take long.
BTW: why are you so interested in the case dragging for so long that the complainant won't be able to get justice? Are not you interested in fairness and justice?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by chronique(m): 9:12am On May 11, 2018
ArmedRobber:

Unfortunately, Nigeria wouldn't grow an inch if the country keeps churning out morons like you on per second billing. Just so you know, my comment wasn't in direct reference to his case. I laughed at the speed at which the judgment was given and after reading the judgment, I simply asked what punishment the judge feels he deserves because he still has the issue of invading the senate with thugs,to deal with whenever he gets back into the house and I'm simply wondering if the judge would rule again that he cannot be suspended for more than 14 days,over an issue of burglary,theft and other charges that would be pressed against him.
Before you go about typing nonsense here,get something meaningful to do with your pathetic life and stop constituting a nuisance on the internet.
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by Afamed: 9:21am On May 11, 2018
Cherez:

GOD SAVE US ALL
Don't be clever by half, the case before the court now is about suspending Omo Agege for expressing his opinion about Election re ordering. Not invading the senate.

1 Like

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by Eligreat247: 9:23am On May 11, 2018
Cherez:

GOD SAVE US ALL

Sometimes it is better will listen to issues very well before castigating.... This is man was not suspended for invading and taking the maze as per the bolded, neither is the matter before the court related to that. The invasion came after the suspension.
Why would the senate suspend a member for daring resort to court action? I think everyone has the right to go to court..
Having said that, I am not in any way in support of that invasion.... Maybe a separate suit should be filed for the invasion.

1 Like

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by ArmedRobber: 9:24am On May 11, 2018
chronique:

Unfortunately, Nigeria wouldn't grow an inch if the country keeps churning out morons like you on per second billing. Just so you know, my comment wasn't in direct reference to his case. I laughed at the speed at which the judgment was given and after reading the judgment, I simply asked what punishment the judge feels he deserves because he still has the issue of invading the senate with thugs,to deal with whenever he gets back into the house and I'm simply wondering if the judge would rule again that he cannot be suspended for more than 14 days,over an issue of burglary,theft and other charges that would be pressed against him.
Before you go about typing nonsense here,get something meaningful to do with your pathetic life and stop constituting a nuisance on the internet.
bla bla bla bla i thought your brain has relaxer on it I never knew it was empty gringrin

1 Like

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by intruxive(m): 9:29am On May 11, 2018
PFRB:

thanks oyinbo, u can now proceed to the market place for a general applause
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by Afamed: 9:29am On May 11, 2018
Eligreat247:

Sometimes it is better will listen to issues very well before castigating.... This is man was not suspended for invading and taking the maze as per the bolded, neither is the matter before the court related to that. The invasion came after the suspension.
Why would the senate suspend a member for daring resort to court action? I think everyone has the right to go to court..
Having said that, I am not in any way in support of that invasion.... Maybe a separate suit should be filed for the invasion.
Ignore him, he's one the lazy youths.

1 Like

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by Eligreat247: 9:36am On May 11, 2018
PFRB:

Chief Grammarian! Did you watch the court proceedings and heard the Judge say taking? if yes then congrats but if no, it who knows wether it is the Reporter that even typed in error? or have you never made grammatical or typo error:
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by Eligreat247: 9:45am On May 11, 2018
chronique:

I bet in your empty skull now,you think you have said something meaningful. So,a senator who wants to protest an alleged ill treatment,has the right to hire thugs to go into the senate and disrupt the sitting and cart away the mace? And it makes a lot of sense to you? Go and look for your brain wherever you left it,clean it up and put it to use. Walking with an empty skull wouldn't do you any good.

My friend can you reason meaningful for once?
Nobody is supporting the senate invasion, however the court ruling is in respect of the the matter that is before the court. If you were the Judge will you now withhold justice on the case that was brought before the court simply because the man was alleged of senate invasion (which no suit has been filed)?

1 Like

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by ofeco: 9:57am On May 11, 2018
chronique:
Lol. What punishment does the court think should be appropriate for a senator who invaded the chamber with thugs? On a normal day,this Omo-Agege should be behind bars now for burglary, theft and breach of public peace amongst other charges. But because he enjoys executive backing, he's walking as a free man. Nowhere in the world can a person commit such an offence, and get away with it. Only in Nigeria can such a thing happen. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the banana republic of Nigeria (BRN).

It pains me that those that our judiciary joined in battering our Democracy, if at all he was unjustly suspended ,he should have taken the issue to court instead of bringing thugs into the house .

1 Like

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by NairaMaster1(m): 9:58am On May 11, 2018
GavelSlam:
Saraki is a fool.

He expects whoever feels hard done by not to seek legal redress in a court of competent jurisdiction.

And this is the man many people support.

Many people that also support terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by Olumaeme: 10:13am On May 11, 2018
GavelSlam:
Saraki is a fool.

He expects whoever feels hard done by not to seek legal redress in a court of competent jurisdiction.

And this is the man many people support.

Saraki cannot suspend Omo Agege, the senate did
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by Olumaeme: 10:14am On May 11, 2018
Newbiee:
The senate wants to rule with impunity. How can you just be suspending people's representatives to the national Assembly anyhow. Were you the one that got them there? This certainly should not be allowed to continue.

How can some people's representative be misbehaving..
The people also sent him to steal mace abi?
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by Olumaeme: 10:16am On May 11, 2018
Since they can't suspend him more than 14days, they should keep extending the suspension till 90 legislative days is complete.

Omo-Agege is a tout and should be taught a bitter lesson.

Saraki's Senate is the best in the history of this country.
Say no to rubber stamp senate!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by chronique(m): 10:18am On May 11, 2018
Eligreat247:

My friend can you reason meaningful for once?
Nobody is supporting the senate invasion, however the court ruling is in respect of the the matter that is before the court. If you were the Judge will you now withhold justice on the case that was brought before the court simply because the man was alleged of senate invasion (which no suit has been filed)?

If you read my reply to someone else,you'd know that my response isn't as a result of his initial suspension but the comments made by the judge about how long he can be suspended and I asked if that would be suffice enough punishment for the crime he committed by invading the house with thugs and committing theft of govt property.
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by kingthreat(m): 11:35am On May 11, 2018
chronique:

So far, he has not been convicted of that allegation. He's anything but a cum-drinking coward unlike you

1 Like

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by bekpo(m): 11:36am On May 11, 2018
intruxive:
grin
Saraki wants to rule the senate with impunity, punishing everyone who dares disobey him and constituting himself chief justice of the federation angry

This Saraki led Senate is the worst in the history of this country. How I wish this idiot will be impeached.

1 Like

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by bekpo(m): 11:51am On May 11, 2018
chronique:

Mr full skull, where did u get ur own conclusion that he brought in the thugs? Did u get it from the Senate committee that the matter was referred to or from d police who r investigating d matter? Or did they inform u that those arrested in connection mentioned him to be the sponsor as in Dino's case? Think from ur full skull and not from ur annus.
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:00pm On May 11, 2018
bekpo:

Mr full skull, where did u get ur own conclusion that he brought in the thugs? Did u get it from the Senate committee that the matter was referred to or from d police who r investigating d matter? Or did they inform u that those arrested in connection mentioned him to be the sponsor as in Dino's case? Think from ur full skull and not from ur annus.

Senator Omo-Agege was videoed walking in with the thugs.The video is online
Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by bekpo(m): 12:06pm On May 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Senator Omo-Agege was videoed walking in with the thugs.The video is online

So, u got ur conclusion from online video, but u did not get his denial as well that it was a coincidence?

1 Like

Re: Senate ‘appeals’ Court Ruling Nullifying Omo-agege’s Suspension by chronique(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2018
bekpo:

Stop talking like an idiot. We've all been reading the news.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Raises Alarm Over Fake Facebook Account / Nnamdi Kanu: Umahi Will Pay For Brutalisation Of IPOB Members In Ebonyi / Makinde Announces Intention To Run For Second Term, Obtains PDP Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.