Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed (4093 Views)

Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Kissing Hank's A.ss: An Atheist Parable / Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by nferyn(m): 11:42am On Mar 23, 2007
stranger12:

is it the word "GOD" that is hard to swallow?

ok, for the benefit of logic, can you please substitute "God" for "a Supreme Being"
These are not exactly the same. Could you define God for argument's sake, as I see a difference between a supreme being (in relation to other beings) and the God concept, which (must be) very specific.
Is your God the personal, theist omnimax God as described in the Bible?
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by nferyn(m): 11:55am On Mar 23, 2007
stranger12:

People who believe in God believe they were created by a supreme being.
Not necessarily. For example, Catholic doctrine accepts the Theory of Evolution, considers Genesis to be allegorical, which contradicts 'literal' creation.

stranger12:

People who don't believe in God believe they just happened.
If you consider the scientific explanation for our universe and the processes that resulted in us as 'just happening', then yes, but that only goes for me and the people who think like me. There are also atheists who don't subscribe to the scientific method, though.
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by stranger12: 11:56am On Mar 23, 2007
nferyn:

These are not exactly the same. Could you define God for argument's sake, as I see a difference between a supreme being (in relation to other beings) and the God concept, which (must be) very specific.
Is your God the personal, theist omnimax God as described in the Bible?
GOD:

1: The mythical being who supposedly created this world we live in
2: The supreme being who created this world we live in

choose any, you might be right.
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by nferyn(m): 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2007
stranger12:

GOD:

1: The mythical being who supposedly created this world we live in
2: The supreme being who created this world we live in

choose any, you might be right.
I was referring to the nature/properties of god, not his actions, i.e. what makes god different from not-God?
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by KAG: 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2007
stranger12:

@ KAG,

in reference to the 10% usage of our brain. I am not actually of that school of thought.

But I strongly believe that our brains are not efficiently applied. The 10% figure is just an arbitrary fraction.

It's not just an arbitrary figure, it's untrue:

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html

and so on.

In years to come, the average man will be more knowlegeable than Albert Einstein. The application of our brain may however not be as efficient as Albert's.

That's a possibility.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleiman 2018 Prophecies / Watch Viral Footage: ‘God Almighty Seen Walking On A Cloud’ In United States / There Is No Black Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.