Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Buhari, Apc Taking Nigerians For Fools – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Apc Taking Nigerians For Fools – Obasanjo (331 Views)

Sowore Taking Nigerians For Fools: Facts Speak / Buhari, APC Taking Nigerians For Fools Says Obasanjo / APC taking over Anambra unless... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari, Apc Taking Nigerians For Fools – Obasanjo by voiceoftheupcom: 5:39am On May 11, 2018
BUHARI, APC TAKING NIGERIANS FOR FOOLS – OBASANJO
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/05/buhari-apc-taking-nigerians-for-fools.html

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, declared that the Coalition for Nigeria Movement (CNM) has officially adopted a new political party, African Democratic Congress (ADC) as a platform to enable its members achieve their dreams of changing the current state of governance in Nigeria. The former president made the disclosure while addressing a press conference in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital. Flanked by one of his former aide, Dr Gbolade Oshinowo and the former State Secretary to the Government (SSG) of Oyo state, Chief Olayiwola Olakojo, Obasanjo said the decision of the Leadership of CNM to join ADC was borne out of the fact that the President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress (APC) controlled federal government have been taking “Nigerians for fools” for a long time. Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, He explained that CNM as a popular grassroot movement, meant to stimulate the interest and participation of Nigerians towards bringing the desired change in governance, found a good ally in the “renewed and reinvigorated ADC” as a political party. The former president however, maintained that he would cease to be a member of the movement just to keep in line with his earlier position that he has quitted partisan politics. “With the emergence of ADC as a political party for the movement and its associates and in line with my clear position which I have often repeated, the first phase of my job is done and I will not be a member of the party”. “But as I have always done since I quit partisan politics in 2014, I will keep alive and active on Nigerian and African issues and interest and I will be opened to offering advice to any individual or organisations for the unity, development and progress of Nigeria and indeed Africa,” he stated. Obasanjo further stated that he would never be intimidated in the course of exercising his rights to freedom of speech wherever he considers such necessary in the interest of the country, Nigeria. The former president vehemently condemned the existence of the two leading political parties: All Progressives Congress (APC) and the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), describing them as lacking disciplines.

Re: Buhari, Apc Taking Nigerians For Fools – Obasanjo by Baawaa(m): 5:57am On May 11, 2018
Baba is too late,when God gave you a golden opportunity to change this nation you failed woefully due to your greediness
Re: Buhari, Apc Taking Nigerians For Fools – Obasanjo by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:02am On May 11, 2018
Go Siddon Jooor undecided
Re: Buhari, Apc Taking Nigerians For Fools – Obasanjo by Ahmadgani(m): 6:04am On May 11, 2018
An 86yr old OBJ tells U to leave 73yr old PMB and join him to form a Youth Govt & U believe him
U need 2 format your brain 4real
Re: Buhari, Apc Taking Nigerians For Fools – Obasanjo by Mynd44: 6:08am On May 11, 2018

(1)

Internet Fraud: EFCC Arrests 12 Suspects / Femi Otedola Debunks Reports Of Him Running For Office Next Year / You Made Nigeria A Laughing Stock – Presidency Fires Back At Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.