Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. (1498 Views)

"I Heard The Audio Inciting Northerners To Slaughter Igbos On Oct 1" – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by fasterwell(m): 7:43am On May 11, 2018
PRESS STATEMENT

RSG TO CLOSE TRANS AMADI/ZOO ABATTOIR AND MARKET IN 2 WEEKS' TIME.

Rivers State Government says it
will close the Trans Amadi/
Oginigba/Zoo abattoir and
market in two weeks' time
because of the vandalisation of
government property around the Trans Amadi / Zoo
Roundabout by hoodlums who
use these places to perpetrate
criminality in the area.

A statement issued today( yesterday) in Port Harcourt by the State Commissioner for Information and Communications Barr Emma Okah said the Govt can no longer tolerate the alarming degree of criminality that define lives in that axis.

In addition, the place has
become an environmental
disaster in our State and every
effort made by the Govt. to
enthrone sanity and crime-free
regime there has been stoutly resisted by these hoodlums. In
some cases Govt officials have
been assaulted and shot at by
these criminal elements in their bid to assert supremacy.

Accordingly, all those carrying
on business at the slaughter as
well as other traders in the
slaughter market and it's
environ are hereby requested to vacate the place in two weeks' time.

"Rivers State Government will
unfailingly shut down the
market at the expiration of the
grace period" Okah said,
warning that traders who
refuse to vacate the abbatoir and the market will face the law at the appropriate time.

Emma Okah
Hon Commissioner for
Information and
Communications
10/5/18

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:47am On May 11, 2018
Well...............
Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by Obainoneandonly(m): 7:52am On May 11, 2018
good,get rid of those gworo chewing folks.... they contribute nothing to their host community,they only stay in clusters and wreck havoc both to d community nd environment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by RZArecta2(m): 8:01am On May 11, 2018
The drugs that can be got around there will surprise Pablo Escobar, not even talking about the street traders that impede movement. Sanity needs to be enforced in that area cool

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by SalamRushdie: 8:03am On May 11, 2018
Close that place and send any jobless looking Aboki back to Kano

7 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by SadiqBabaSani: 8:06am On May 11, 2018
Some idiots wants to make it look like it's an Aboki Tin

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by franozx: 8:06am On May 11, 2018
can't we do without cow meet?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2018
franozx:

We are not that disciplined

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by fasterwell(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2018
SadiqBabaSani:
Some idiots wants to make it look like it's an Aboki Tin

Yes it is an aboki thing because they have constituted themselves to be above the law with the help of the abokis in uniform.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by Firgemachar: 8:14am On May 11, 2018
Wike!
No nonsense man!!

Same way Mile 12 will go down soon.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by fasterwell(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2018
franozx:
If we must eat cow meat; why can't we do it ourselves?

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by trapQ: 8:25am On May 11, 2018
Good development. Abokis have turned that place into criminal hideout.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by swagagolic01(m): 8:32am On May 11, 2018
What werr they expecting after attacking a commissioner?? Wike won't take it from you guys, no southerner can attack a northern commission in his own state..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by adadike(f): 8:40am On May 11, 2018
Anambrarians have keyed into the business of ranching. I was surprised when I travelled round and saw ranches in different parts of Anambra state owned and managed by ndigbo. I believe other states should do the same. Fulanis and awusas should stay back in their enclaves.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by PFRB: 9:05am On May 11, 2018
There is a nearby market called Gbakagbaka market. That is where they were intended to be relocated. They should all go there.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by Nobody: 10:16am On May 11, 2018
Close the market

Make traders beg

Increase tax angry
Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by wingmanII: 10:25am On May 11, 2018
Mr Project!! I hail you. For this he should be forgiven for any past transgressions.
Slaughter market is a disaster. A huge nuisance. They should also chase away those indisciplined taxi drivers who obstruct traffic flow with impunity.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by ibori1(m): 11:13am On May 11, 2018
grin

like for PDP and share for apc

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by Nobody: 11:50am On May 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

We are not that disciplined
I tell u.
I have only bought cow meat twice to add to either my goat or chicken for he past 6months and that's discipline.

I told someone that goat or chicken is cheaper but he said it was a lie.

I usually buy chicken or goat meat to prepare my food.
If only most of us can try to make do with it, the pressure for cow meat will reduce.
Re: Rivers State Government To Close Slaughter Market In Two Weeks Time. by Nobody: 11:51am On May 11, 2018
PFRB:
There is a nearby market called Gbakagbaka market. That is where they were intended to be relocated. They should all go there.
That place cannot contain all of the traders o.

(1) (Reply)

Zamfara Killings: Amnesty International Makes Shocking Revelations / Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. / Buhari Defeats Atiku In Benue Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.