Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave (21726 Views)

Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People / Lockdown: Governor Wike To Distribute Foodstuffs (Photos) / Rivers APC Shuts Down Port Harcourt As They Welcome PMB In Grand Style (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by Charly68: 5:58pm On May 11, 2018
If they can't obey the law of the land shut down their market so they know,there is a Govt in place ..

2 Likes

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by freshvine(f): 5:59pm On May 11, 2018
Al Jazeera did a documentary on that place a while back. A true definination of shithole!
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by Lothario(m): 6:09pm On May 11, 2018
fineboynl:
the country is now very easy and vulnerable for international communities and their media to buys into it and speedy the breakup of the country.
My brother tell them GOD bless you and your family
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by victorazyvictor(m): 6:12pm On May 11, 2018
chuks34:
Ok then whats the ultanative place for them

abi make them remain for house make hunger kill them undecided

Don't you understand?

He is trying to dispatch abokis over there to avoid infiltration whereby APC will not use them to instigate violence during election. is a welcome development. People should rear home poultries for meat.

3 Likes

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by stagger: 6:13pm On May 11, 2018
At last!

Now all those who have been using that place as a hideout to perpetrate all manner of criminality and environmental degradation can be cleared out of that place. A real shithole of a place!

1 Like

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by ideology(m): 6:17pm On May 11, 2018
Olukat:

grin grin grin
are you shining teeth at me or for me cheesy wink
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by ideology(m): 6:18pm On May 11, 2018
oshe11:
Long-overdue

U self go copy
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by Kpotomkpra: 6:24pm On May 11, 2018
Y did the governor have to wait this long...

The market too dirty abeg....

The odor from dat market is affecting the economic growth of Rivers state...Sef

Mr Governor, close the market ASAP....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by Kpotomkpra: 6:27pm On May 11, 2018
Is it your English ?.....
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by dadavivo: 6:31pm On May 11, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

But seriously.....is that Wike's stomach or something else??

See Rivers state oil money in one man's stomach
show us tinubu and Akande own
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by JAMESOJAY: 6:46pm On May 11, 2018
My friend you are on point
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by jbaby265(f): 6:58pm On May 11, 2018
okujaigu /azuabie town next.. good development you deserve some accolade wike

2 Likes

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by comodo: 7:33pm On May 11, 2018
God bless u wike. To drive by that place for night na so fear go dey catch me. Upon how d place was remodeled they still messed it up within some weeks. Covered the whole road with their wares. Even after d expansion.
Make him clear d place & build something good.

2 Likes

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by Abagworo(m): 7:35pm On May 11, 2018
If na Okorocha now same people praising Wike will call him wicked man against the poor. Meanwhile before demolition Okorocha gave free shops and alternative locations with 3 years notice but Wike gavs no free alternative shops and his notice is barely 2 weeks. So much for double standard.

3 Likes

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by Bigmikedagod(m): 7:38pm On May 11, 2018
rozayx5:
tear down that place

and build a standard market with tiles everywhere

and a cleaning firm to monitor its cleanliness

won't be so easy though. the masses always suffer.
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by brojoshua: 7:46pm On May 11, 2018
Is it the whole state he wants to shut down because it is almost everywhere they us to shed blood in the state?

1 Like

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by cantok(m): 7:56pm On May 11, 2018
Red Card to APC Butchers in the markit!

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by ElFabchuks(m): 8:21pm On May 11, 2018
Can you imagine.. And I've been going through there to garrison everyday with phone and Earpiece on my hand.. Choi.. I don hear word now
bethyz:
Nice. Heared the Hausas came out with guns from the mosque to attack. Passed through there yesterday they destroyed government property. SARS are all around to monitor the area. Driving pass there you have to hide you phone even though you are in the car. That place is a mess.

1 Like

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by Antipob777(f): 8:27pm On May 11, 2018
We the concerned Rivers youth with conscience condemn this move.

We condemn it, we condemn it. This is a clear hate for the Rivers masses as the market is the only market meats could be bought affordably

Wike is wicked man.

2 Likes

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by otokx(m): 9:05pm On May 11, 2018
He should convert the place to a garden like the one near airforce base.

2 Likes

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by HopeAtHand: 10:32pm On May 11, 2018
There was an altercation there last year that resulted in a few deaths. Arewa Consultative Forum, Rivers state branch came on air on Rhythm93.7 claiming the market belonged to the Northerners as it was handed over to them by the federal ministry of health some decades back, and therefore its now their ancestral right. I quote them verbatim.

Mr. Segun Owolabi, the anchor of the program 'Tori for town' was shocked beyond belief that he asked if there were any Northerners/hausas native to Rivers that warranted them claim ancestral right to a market located in Oginigba in Obio/Akpor LGA. They all answered that it was their market and should be left to them to use as they like.

Later that week, house of reps members from the 19 northern states visited Wike becos of same issue.

We have to be very careful in this contr3. What Wike is about to do is long overdue.

4 Likes

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by awa(m): 1:39am On May 12, 2018
Good decision by Wike

1 Like

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by rOsy247(f): 3:47am On May 12, 2018
Good one. The market stinks. Wonder why anywhere the aboki..s live, stinks badly. Worse off, they are claiming the area as if its their birthright as usual.
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by lonelydora: 3:51am On May 12, 2018
Groovenaija360:
RSG TO CLOSE TRANS AMADI/ZOO ABATTOIR AND MARKET IN 2 WEEKS' TIME.

In a statement issued by Rivers state Government house via its social media handle, which reads:

Rivers State Government says it will close the Trans Amadi/Oginigba/Zoo abattoir and market in two weeks' time because of the vandalisation of government property around the Trans Amadi / Zoo Roundabout by hoodlums who use these places to perpetrate criminality in the area.

A statement issued today in Port Harcourt by the State Commissioner for Information and Communications Barr Emma Okah said the Government can no longer tolerate the alarming degree of criminality that define lives in that axis.

In addition, the place has become an environmental disaster in our State and every effort made by the Government to enthrone sanity and crime-free regime there has been stoutly resisted by these hoodlums. In some cases Govt officials have been assaulted and shot at by these criminal elements in their bid to assert supremacy.

Accordingly, all those carrying on business at the slaughter as well as other traders in the slaughter market and it's environ are hereby requested to vacate the place in two weeks' time.

"Rivers State Government will unfailingly shut down the market at the expiration of the grace period" Okah said, warning that traders who refuse to vacate the abbatoir and the market will face the law at the appropriate time.

>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/rivers-gov-to-shut-down-trans-amadi-slaughter-market-gives-traders-2-weeks-to-vacate/

Good one. For having the temerity to stone commissioner for environment. Aboki will always be aboki
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by lonelydora: 3:55am On May 12, 2018
loomer:

if them no get alternative for the main time, when the place reopens them go learn to dey neat

Gbam!
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by lonelydora: 3:58am On May 12, 2018
ElFabchuks:
Can you imagine.. And I've been going through there to garrison everyday with phone and Earpiece on my hand.. Choi.. I don hear word now

Don't try it again.

1 Like

Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by lonelydora: 4:00am On May 12, 2018
HopeAtHand:
There was an altercation there last year that resulted in a few deaths. Arewa Consultative Forum, Rivers state branch came on air on Rhythm93.7 claiming the market belonged to the Northerners as it was handed over to them by the federal ministry of health some decades back, and therefore its now their ancestral right. I quote them verbatim.

Mr. Segun Owolabi, the anchor of the program 'Tori for town' was shocked beyond belief that he asked if there were any Northerners/hausas native to Rivers that warranted them claim ancestral right to a market located in Oginigba in Obio/Akpor LGA. They all answered that it was their market and should be left to them to use as they like.

Later that week, house of reps members from the 19 northern states visited Wike becos of same issue.

We have to be very careful in this contr3. What Wike is about to do is long overdue.

I weak that day when i heard it in radio.

God has finally answered my prayers. That market should be closed.
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by Oxalic(m): 7:11pm On May 12, 2018
Anyone who has been to that place will applaud Governor Wike on this
Re: Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 12, 2018
Naaaaa,he won't. He is not like Ambode of Lagos

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Aspirants Jostle For Deputy Senate President, Deputy Speaker / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test / Inside Ogun Communities Where Fulani, Yoruba Live As One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.