Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu (30985 Views)

Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud / FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses / Alleged Money Laundering: EFCC Closes Case Against Badeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by Devgist: 8:28am On May 12, 2018
No charge. At least he can now be found challenging Obasanjo who has sworn to fight Buhari second term bid. He has become saint
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by chukel(m): 8:30am On May 12, 2018
It's unfortunate most Nigerians are illiterates and have the temerity to call buhari a dullard. I can't believe a vast majority don't know what it means to close a case. In fact the number of likes these ignorant fellows got is staggering. Now I know we have a very serious problem in this country and I blame the illiterate journalist whose reportage are only sensational.
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by Preator: 8:40am On May 12, 2018
rabzy:

Then go and get some education. Lamentation is not the solution to your ignorance.
You don't need to be a lawyer to understand some basic legal terms, if you have read novels like John Grisham or even newspaper you would know that all prosecution closes their argument and then the defence opens their own.

These are very basic terms and it's unbelievable that people didn't know this, neither did they read thru the story to gain understanding.
You just hit on the crux of the problem. We lack reading culture. An average Japanese and american read several novels in a year, a Nigerian, next to zilch. And its so pathetic that this is in the 21st century where you can download unlimited novels online.
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by truthfulmallam(m): 9:36am On May 12, 2018
Even if your corruption is as dark as scarlet, and red as blood and vicious as looting Abia State dry.... You can be made white as snow and old things pass away once u confess Sai Baba and accept APC as your party...

Yeye dey smell
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by Tyche(m): 9:38am On May 12, 2018
Throwback:
It has been stated in the news that they are closing this case to amend the charges and then file another suit.

For now I will withhold my disappointment in this mockery called anti-corruption fight.

You are an honorable man. The anti corruption as it stands now is like a sounding brass and tinckling cymbals; all pant, no trousers.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by truthfulmallam(m): 9:41am On May 12, 2018
chukel:
It's unfortunate most Nigerians are illiterates and have the temerity to call buhari a dullard. I can't believe a vast majority don't know what it means to close a case. In fact the number of likes these ignorant fellows got is staggering. Now I know we have a very serious problem in this country and I blame the illiterate journalist whose reportage are only sensational.

Relax... In Nigeria we read between the lines and analyze true motives for actions...
You no sabi oyibo pass us... It's just that u chose to remain in denial of obvious happenings...
OJI IS NOW JUSTIFIED HAVING JOINED "THE RIGHTEOUS ONES"... grin grin grin
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by obailala(m): 10:35am On May 12, 2018
rabzy:

You are obviously not as enlightened as you believe. Calling me boy in a way to show you are older or superior in whatever way in a faceless forum reeks of immaturity. And coming from someone who made school boy mistakes makes it now laughable.
Instead of reveling in your ignorance and lamenting your situation, pick yourself up, apologize and let go. Don't be be looking for smart retorts, your comebacks are just spasms of an amputated limb. If you are as mature as you claim, you don't drag the issue, you quickly let it die.
Your own brand of maturity and enlightenment thinks the smartest thing to do is to fling insults at a faceless person you encounter online simply because you understand a simple legal term and he admits he doesnt?... And you expect an apology for that?.. You must be very proud of yourself that you know it all even as you take everyone else for a fool.
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by chukel(m): 10:36am On May 12, 2018
truthfulmallam:

Relax... In Nigeria we read between the lines and analyze true motives for actions...
You no sabi oyibo pass us... It's just that u chose to remain in denial of obvious happenings...
OJI IS NOW JUSTIFIED HAVING JOINED "THE RIGHTEOUS ONES"... grin grin grin
everyday, ur likes keep giving credence and credibility to buhari. Damned lazy Nigerian youth. grin
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by danigbo(m): 10:36am On May 12, 2018
EFCC Should stop becoming unbecoming !
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by millomaniac: 10:43am On May 12, 2018
senatordave1:

But all those being allegedly witchhunted or persecuted,are there innocent? As far as the efcc get the corrupt ones whether one or twosided,am not bothered.up buhari.meanwhile orji's case will continue

No they are not innocent but that is not tackling corruption it is fighting your foes. They will close orji's case for now to be reopened anytime he steps on toes.
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by tbaba1234: 10:57am On May 12, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

I understand court processes in Nigeria, though not confidently. But I think you don't close case for defence to begin if you are adding new charges.

I think when a case is filed, prosecution will enter his case in writing which is copied to the defence and The defence will respond in writing. These happens before the hearing.

I think during the hearing, you don't close the case again unless you are making new charges or dropping some.

OUK case don pass the pre-hearing stage. EFCC closed the case to amend charges not to allow defence to enter their defence.

Chai, such ignorance.

Bros, you are wrong.. Amending the charge is independent of the prosecution closing its case.

"The EFCC Prosecutor, Mr Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), announced closure of the prosecution’s case at the Federal High Court, Lagos. He, however, informed the court that the prosecution intended to amend the charge against the accused to reflect more evidence."

Read the above quote carefully. It is from the article.

The prosecution has simply alerted the court of its intention to bring forth more evidence when it presents again. For now, the defence will start their case.
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by OFFICIAL336: 11:54am On May 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

Chai, such ignorance.

Bros, you are wrong.. Amending the charge is independent of the prosecution closing its case.

"The EFCC Prosecutor, Mr Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), announced closure of the prosecution’s case at the Federal High Court, Lagos. He, however, informed the court that the prosecution intended to amend the charge against the accused to reflect more evidence."

Read the above quote carefully. It is from the article.

The prosecution has simply alerted the court of its intention to bring forth more evidence when it presents again. For now, the defence will start their case.
What happens during pre-hearing stage of litigation?
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by Kaybright15(m): 12:40pm On May 12, 2018
Na wa oo, that's why he joined apc. There's God.
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 12, 2018
I came to the comments expecting of course that majority of the people will not understand what it means to close a case and I wasn't dissapointed. Dunces
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by CioAngels(f): 2:37pm On May 12, 2018
Pa buhari, it is very said that this is your pattern of fighting corruption. Little wonder when two young boys wete arrested for stealing. one of they said, "if i'm bailed i will still go back to stealing because they are not doing anything to the stealing politicians" but he is very right, this is one of the naked examples. The ordinary Nigerians, if you can take government money without been caught, please do, because it is no stealing but taken what belongs to you, i mean, your share of the oil money. Good luck because you will be not caught. Amen.
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by CioAngels(f): 2:43pm On May 12, 2018
dikeigbo2:
Nigeria will help Ghana to fight corruption......
Chaiiiiii OUK THE LATEST SAINT IN TOWN.....PRAISE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE grin grin grin grin
That statement was a terrible insult against Ghana. The Ghanaians should have demanded for apology from the country without shame, NIGERIA.
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by Maket: 3:17pm On May 12, 2018
Poor man prayer said God dey watch una one by one.
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by GreatEngineer(m): 2:09pm On May 13, 2018
Abdulhakeem7:
closing a case means they're done with their prosecution and investigation and leaving the defense to start theirs. It doesn't mean the case is ended.... Just an enlightenment.

Watch and see how the case will die a natural death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate / EFCC Arrests Sacked NIMASA Boss Over Alleged Multibillion Naira Fraud / Presidential Election Tribunal Judgment Won't Favour Peter Obi – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.