Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Celebrating The Mother's Sunday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Celebrating The Mother's Sunday (398 Views)

"Who Is The Mother?" Lady & Beautiful Mum Trend On 20 Year-old Throwback Photo / Who Owns The Breasts? Is It The Father, The Mother Or The Baby? / I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrating The Mother's Sunday by Nobody: 12:09am On May 13, 2018
It is Mother's Sunday!
What do you have to say about your mother today?
Let's all appreciate our mothers' efforts. They are really worth the celebrations. My mother (as fondly called Maami) told me I was just 4 months old when she had to leave my father's house due to polygamous quarrels. I'm the last born of my mother. She really had to struggle to bring us up to the best of her ability. If she had not left to ensure my safety, the fury of a polygamous home might have sent me back to the underworld. So, I felt no paternal care at early childhood. You know those moments when you eagerly hope your daddy arrives soon at nights so you can play with him & sleep amidst your parents. Just a parent I had then. Whenever any of my mother's male relatives visited, 'is this my father?' I would ask Maami, then my elder siblings would be making jest of me because they knew our father well, but I didn't! I later knew him though & he appeared to be very nice & caring too. I must be sincere, he's worth sharing from the glory of the Father's Day too. I'm sure he'd do more if he's capable. I now realized he had to stay away for few years (of my life) to let peace reign. Dad hardly raised his hands against the children unlike Maami who would give you punishments & beat the hell out of you in the midnight hourscheesy. And then at early hour of the day (like 5am), she would seat you down and talk sense into your skull. It's that moment you would prefer beatings to disciplinary talksgrin. Thank God she's able to nurture us well. Meanwhile, it was like hell seeing her going through pains of hustling. If I start to mention all she had to do because of children, there would be no space left on this thread.
Thank you, ma! May your days on earth be long so that you can eat the fruits of all your labour.

MAAMI!

Re: Celebrating The Mother's Sunday by AroOkigbo(m): 1:09am On May 13, 2018
She tried her best. ..unfortunately she's late! cry
Even in death, I love you mum!
A mummy like no other

1 Like

Re: Celebrating The Mother's Sunday by Nobody: 1:27am On May 13, 2018
AroOkigbo:
She tried her best. ..unfortunately she's late! cry
Even in death, I love you mum!
A mummy like no other
Eeyah,,,,accept my condolence, bro. May her soul continue to rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating The Mother's Sunday by Recruitmentform: 6:02am On May 13, 2018
Every Sunday mothers day..... Is it not once in a year

grin we Nigerians too like owombe
Re: Celebrating The Mother's Sunday by adrianastepheny(f): 6:11am On May 13, 2018
I love my Mother. I really missed her very much. HAPPY Mother's Day.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating The Mother's Sunday by ItzBIM(m): 9:30am On May 13, 2018
We celebrated the British version in March now we celebrating the American version. Nigeria overdo too much.
Re: Celebrating The Mother's Sunday by Nobody: 10:30am On May 13, 2018
Recruitmentform:
Every Sunday mothers day..... Is it not once in a year

grin we Nigerians too like owombe
Some churches celebrate Mother's Sunday which is every second Sunday in May.
Re: Celebrating The Mother's Sunday by Nobody: 10:32am On May 13, 2018
ItzBIM:
We celebrated the British version in March now we celebrating the American version. Nigeria overdo too much.
Oh,,,sorry! I should have let you know in the post that Mother's Sunday is celebrated too. I'll do the needful now

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep Your Kids Busy This Holiday / Wife Sues Her Husband For Wearing Makeup And Dressing Like A Woman / Advice To Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.