Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? (2408 Views)

Ruth Ifunanya Muoka And Lucky Oha Wedding Pictures / MUSIC affects your MINDSET And OPTIMISM (including A Case Study Of Lucky Dube). / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by Ndubuisipaul1: 1:45pm On May 13, 2018
yah you hard the question .I will like to know if a Christian or born again can listen to Lucky Dube song or some love song. note I did not say all love songs.. I said some love songs . give ur reasons.
Re: Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:02pm On May 13, 2018
Ndubuisipaul1:
yah you hard the question .I will like to know if a Christian or born again can listen to Lucky Dube song or some love song. note I did not say all love songs.. I said some love songs . give ur reasons.

Listen to songs that will remind you of your total freedom in Christ Jesus and not songs that you will be unconsciously and consciously calling yourself a prisoner. Death and life are in the power of the tongue.

If you must listen to circular songs, listen to something that has good and positive lyrics.
Re: Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by herlecks(m): 2:03pm On May 13, 2018
If the song does not glorify God it is not good for you. In some cases where we have unconverted souls 'trying' to sing for God, like Snoop Dog singing Gospel, you don't want to go near these songs. As a born again, you should only listen to songs inspired by the Holy Spirit, not songs inspired by weed, wine or the devil by implanting ideas, lyrics into the mind of his workers. To know if a song is good for you as a born again, listen carefully to your conscience. If your conscience does not judge you, God does not judge you.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by blackpanthar: 2:10pm On May 13, 2018
Music is not and can never be BAD or a SIN, BUT a SONG is MUSIC plus LYRICS.

If the LYRICS are not good for your soul or spirit then it makes the SONG A WRONG SONG OR A BAD SONG.

But if the LYRICS is about the country, or self development or GOD then it is GOOD.

Ndubuisipaul1:

3 Likes

Re: Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by Andy2274: 4:57pm On May 13, 2018
Hmmmmmm! Listening to secular songs has now become sin in Nigeria. Na wa for our Nigerian christians. You don't listen to the song but you dance the dancing step in church. Not what goes into a man defiles a man but what comes out of a man. You don't listen to secular music but find it hard to forgive your neighbour. You don't listen to the music but play the rhythm in church. You don't listen to secular music but commit fornication, lies, backbiting, lust secretly because no one is seeing you. Social media christians.
Re: Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by herlecks(m): 6:25pm On May 13, 2018
The system or culture have really corrupted so many people's mentality, and I believe you're one of them. There is no such word as fornicating christian or a lying christian, you are either a believer or a fornicator. The new man created after God's righteousness does not make a practise of sin. If you have the Spirit and are truly born again, you will make a sense of my first post. A believer must be careful about what he feeds his soul. Bad music, movies can be used as a means by the Adversary to get to you. James 4:4 states clearly that one can be God's enemy by loving the world. Paul makes it clear that the lust of the flesh (worldly cravings), lust of the eyes and pride of life are the things which a believer must crucify. When you go to Romans 8:1 you will find out that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus {who do not walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit}. Walking after the flesh or fulfilling lusts of the flesh is most dangerous for Satan is connected to the flesh and the world, these are his instruments from bringing a born again down. The born again should seek only spiritual songs. You made mention of churches that play secular music or tone, let me ask you, how many people are christians in that church? How many people has the Spirit? The churches these days are filled with unsaved fellows, they all claim to be believers. Whoever is not led by the Spirit of God is not a child of God. The Spirit of God will never lead you to listen to worldly music whether it glorifies nature, love (false earthly love), and whatever.. He will only lead you to become like Jesus in His own way. Worldly music is deadly to spiritual men no matter how cool or good it sounds because the world is God's enemy. You join the world to rebel against God if you listen to them. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 13, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Listen to songs that will remind you of your total freedom in Christ Jesus and not songs that you will be unconsciously and consciously calling yourself a prisoner. Death and life are in the power of the tongue.

If you must listen to circular songs, listen to something that has good and positive lyrics.

Not only 'circular songs'. It is square songs. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by marttol: 10:27pm On May 13, 2018
I'm a born again... I do listen to lucky Dube songs (in fact that's what I'm playing now)... It is not bad at all.

1 Like

Re: Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by herlecks(m): 11:06pm On May 13, 2018
marttol:
I'm a born again... I do listen to lucky Dube songs (in fact that's what I'm playing now)... It is not bad at all.
It's nice to be born again. At conversion did you die with Christ? Did you receive the Holy Spirit? Is your mind renewed?
Re: Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by marttol: 11:20pm On May 13, 2018
herlecks:
It's nice to be born again. At conversion did you die with Christ? Did you receive the Holy Spirit? Is your mind renewed?
yes sure... 95% of music on my phone is gospel

One of the effect of the holy Ghost in me us that I dream often, every day... If I sleep like three times a day I dream... smiley smiley smiley... My spirit is awakened.
Re: Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by herlecks(m): 10:21am On May 14, 2018
marttol:
yes sure... 95% of music on my phone is gospel

One of the effect of the holy Ghost in me us that I dream often, every day... If I sleep like three times a day I dream... smiley smiley smiley... My spirit is awakened.
Unbelievers too dream. Congrats! But simply make it 100% gospel.
Re: Can I Christian Listen To Lucky Dube Song? by marttol: 10:58am On May 14, 2018
herlecks:
Unbelievers too dream. Congrats! But simply make it 100% gospel.
ok smiley smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

If Your General Overseer Curses You, Only God Can Cancel It-pastor Adeboye Says / Why Were The 5 Foolish Virgins Foolish And Who Are They Referring To? / What Do Angels Really Look Like According To The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.