Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,371 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest (7227 Views)

Ikpeazu Gives Cars To Police And Doctors (Photos) / Marilyn Ogar Sues FG Over Sack / PSC Bars Policemen From Carrying Vips’ Handbags, Umbrellas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Otobroto(f): 12:02am On May 24, 2010
naijamini:

I have to disagree with you. There is a mile-wide thick line separating someone who bended a couple of rules to rein in common thieves that were sitting at the pinnacle of rulership, and someone with a dead conscience was employed to engage in murder and assassinations!His praise comes from not being perfect at what he did, but in achieving as much as he did. those frauds could not believe what hit them. Like play like play the IG of police went to prison - who could have imagined it! I will concur with you here that Ribadu was used to displace a number of potential contenders, but remember that even at that his reports eventually made it to the National Assembly. Yar'adua was imposed, yes, but even at the start you and me agreed that he was one of the "least" corrupt among the governors.Eventually you will realize that no matter how flawed the first open challenge to corruption within our politics started with Ribadu. He raised our conciousness to the possibility. It depends on us now to perfect it even further.

I can see that we are beginning to find a common ground.
At least, it is not as if one manufacture stories, but these things are real.
On my part, I find it very hard to praise anyone that is doing anything positive.
I may succumb if he leaves office, and nothing trails him/her later.
That does not make me a pessimist, but the reality is not encouraging.
Until a man will stand on his ground, and get it right or say almost right, and no controversy or power drunk or selective method is attached to him, he may never get me 100% in Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by selingel: 12:54am On May 24, 2010
naijamini:

I can't explain his bullet proof jeep - one thing I know is he needed it! The only thing we know for sure is that he kept the money at the CBN because the governor confirmed it - but nobody has come out officially to talk about why it took 7 months or whatever number of months, and that is why your explanation is hearsay. Your explanation of how he obtained the jeep is also hearsay, since you really don't have the evidence - if you have it please share. I have always said that if Ribadu has a case to answer he should, but don't put him in the same category as Mustapha.

On the other hand, Ibori's troubles in the UK and Nigeria are actual cases, so was Tafa Balogun, so was the former Balyesa gov. case, and so on.

My Dear, I have read through your argument. All the points raised by Otobroto and Our-turn against Ribadu, are not hearsay.
This facts are real, but on why he kept the cash that long, he may have a better reason, but not hearsay.
His bullet proof jeep is there, and whenever he is in town, that is what he cruises with.
He might abandon it when next he returns for better days are there for him.
Putting him in the class with Mustapha, I think one has admitted that is wrong.
Ribadu was not what many thought he was, but since he started well, many loved his courage.
As for me, I can never praise any Nigerian leader. They are all there for their pockets.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Oboma1(m): 1:47pm On May 24, 2010
selingel:

My Dear, I have read through your argument. All the points raised by Otobroto and Our-turn against Ribadu, are not hearsay.
This facts are real, but on why he kept the cash that long, he may have a better reason, but not hearsay.
His bullet proof jeep is there, and whenever he is in town, that is what he cruises with.
Ribadu was not what many thought he was, but since he started well, many loved his courage.
As for me, I can never praise any Nigerian leader. They are all there for their pockets.

This is serious o! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Oboma1(m): 1:54pm On May 24, 2010
selingel:

This is serious o! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by chidichris(m): 1:58pm On May 24, 2010
to me, the only major difference between mustapha and ribadu is that one was a militaryman while the later was a police officer.
both men have their major similarity in the area of total loyality to their bosses irrespective of what the law says.
yes to both men, the only law and authority they respect were their bosses.
i will be happy if someone here will quote me wrong with facts and figures.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by wirinet(m): 4:00pm On May 24, 2010
Ribadu's supporters argument in support of selective justice with the claim of 'Who among those arrested is innocent?" is very lame and irrational. They have a very archaic and primitive sense of justice.

Please look at the symbol of modern day justice below and interpret it for us. (please notice the blindfold on the figure). Does it represent selective justice as being equal to true justice?

Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by davidobire(m): 4:21pm On May 24, 2010
Well, the question I would want to ask nairalanders on this issue is that, why is it that when people serves in certain capacity(es) in this country, they always ended-up in exile?
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Oboma1(m): 5:39pm On May 24, 2010
chidichris:

to me, the only major difference between mustapha and ribadu is that one was a militaryman while the later was a police officer.
both men have their major similarity in the area of total loyality to their bosses irrespective of what the law says.
yes to both men, the only law and authority they respect were their bosses.
i will be happy if someone here will quote me wrong with facts and figures.

They may not come up here to challenge you buddie. It is not easy.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by SLIGHT(m): 8:56pm On May 24, 2010
wirinet:

Ribadu's supporters argument in support of selective justice with the claim of 'Who among those arrested is innocent?" is very lame and irrational. They have a very archaic and primitive sense of justice.

Please look at the symbol of modern day justice below and interpret it for us. (please notice the blindfold on the figure). Does it represent selective justice as being equal to true justice?

true justice is witout favour, ribadu acted with utterly unbelievable bias and servility during his tenure; his fans are just kids who kn nt wt de do. I watched him on bbc stuttering rubbish,all d ques. He was asked he kept on sayin "i want to serve my country as i return" when he was servin he only showed his dolt,nepotism and allowed himself used as a political tool and was dumped. In summary, he has no place in contemporary nigeria
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by selingel: 12:45am On May 25, 2010
SLIGHT:

true justice is witout favour, ribadu acted with utterly unbelievable bias and servility during his tenure; his fans are just kids who kn nt wt de do. I watched him on bbc stuttering rubbish,all d ques. He was asked he kept on sayin "i want to serve my country as i return" when he was servin he only showed his dolt,nepotism and allowed himself used as a political tool and was dumped. In summary, he has no place in contemporary nigeria

Hmmm!.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by OAM4J: 1:37am On May 25, 2010
[size=14pt]Police Service Commission reinstates Nuhu Ribadu[/size]

The Police Service Commission has reinstated Nuhu Ribadu, the former boss of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to the Nigeria Police Force, with his rank of Assistant Inspector-General. The reinstatement takes effect from December 2008 when he was kicked out of the police by a panel chaired by the current IGP, Ogbonnaya Onovo. Saharareporters has not been able to speak to Mr. Ribadu, who is traveling in California, United States, but Mr. Femi Falana, his lawyer, confirmed the story and denied that Ribadu ever wrote an apology letter to the PSC.

On the basis of these developments, it is expected that Mr. Ribadu, who had filed two lawsuits against the Police Service Commission and the Inspector-General, will withdraw those cases from court.

Analysts say they expect Mr. Ribadu to formally resign from the Police Force.

http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/6135-police-service-commission-reinstates-nuhu-ribadu.html
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by MackDealer: 3:09pm On May 25, 2010
So for those against Ribadu, quick question for you guys, Selective vs No Justice which one will you rather have, unless someone can point to any of these rogues that was wrongly charged with crimes they did not committ then I will see your point. Mustapha was used to kill innocent people and some of you wants to lump him up in the same category as Ribadu.

I don't know about some of you guys o but I will take selective justice over no justice any day of the week and twice on sunday.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by ehala: 3:27pm On May 25, 2010
@naijamini
You have well spoken and objective unlike some who are very opionated.

Nairalanders, the fact remains that UNTIL Ribadu brought the war against corruption we were on brick of total collapse. We all are witnesses that even police men at that time were cautious of taking bribes, people become scared of duping people and to a certain extent it gave us confidence in doing business.
You guys may not understand the damage the corruption has brought to our country. Those of us in diaspora know better.
Ribadu may not be a saint agreed but most politicians know that this guy will not fall for their money. Selective justice as some say is just a diversionary ploy by politicians. The truth is that overwhelming evidence must be brought before EFCC goes after an individual. I have a friend who was working under Ribadu and I know the temptations these guys face but Ribadu gave them confidence just like Mounrinho to believe that the war against corruption can be won and must be fought.
I think the only way EFCC can be fully autonomuos is to allow the national assembly to screen nominated persons and this will prevent any interference from the Presidency.

Alamesiagha, should be ashamed of himself and stop crying foul. I cannot imagine how a man like him will dress like a woman to escape the cause of justice if he had nothing to hide.
I know Ribadu will be given a greater challenge and its the best decision Goodluck will do so far. We must fight this corruption and allow services and development to thrive and our economy pick up. Its so sad that many will feel otherwise but the truth however bitter, must be told. I rest my case!
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by ruffhandu: 4:01pm On May 25, 2010
Alams don humble, I love him for that!
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by 007busman: 4:27pm On May 25, 2010
Some guys on this forum are foolish and sentimental in all their judgment.We need to ask our self some question.Is Alam guilty of the offence,did he actually steal money.After all the people arrested by Ribadu actually committed the offence.If they were doing selective judgment at least they have deal with some idiot.let Farida also select some people and deal with them too,little by little the whole mess will be cleared.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Wallie(m): 4:34pm On May 25, 2010
I have a question for the anti-Ribadu fans here. How do you think one (Ribadu or someone else) should go about fighting corruption in Nigeria - arrest the entire political class before being presented with any evidence? To make the hypothetical more interesting, imagine that the corrupt official is extremely rich and well connected. In order words, he controls the IG and several high level judges.

Like most have said, Ribadu might not be a saint, but he was the right type of person that Nigeria needed and still needs today! I hope we have 10 more people like him (that purportedly engages selective justice) and you will see the dramatic change that will occur within the tenure of an administration!

We all saw the results of having a meek well-intentioned president. A certain degree of heavy-handedness is needed when you’re dealing with people that do not recognize the rule of law.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by wazobiang: 4:36pm On May 25, 2010
shame on us. police is crazy. apology because he wouldn't wear dsp clothe and succumb to a new, lower rank that was engineered and forced on him by ibori through the police. what floodgate of indisciplice will pardoning ribadu open up. someone was being prosecuted in his country, a developing country while he was freceiving accolades and giving speeches and appreciated in developed countries.

shame on us. the relunctancy of the nigerian police to do the bidding of the presido is a big shocker to me. they forget that the presido can do divide and conquer if worst comes to worst. it works for them. remove the ig and throw the seat of ig up for the 'lucky' one that will catch it.

oh boi! why can't i swear on this forum.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by otukpo(f): 4:39pm On May 25, 2010
A big minus for Jonathan.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by violent(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2010
To say I'm dazzled by the way people think is to underestimate my surprise in the very least.

Now the argument many folks are putting forward is that it is wrong to arrest and put a thief on trial just because there are other thieves out there who are walking free---what a dumb school of thought!

they come up with all funny excuses of political with-hunt and what not, even convicts like Alameseghia find a quick shelter in "I'm being hunted because i'm Obasanjo's enemy", and the gullible ones among us are quick to shed a tear or two for the bloody thief!

I bet if IBB gets arrested today, some folks with an amazing low level thought process will come here tomoro to scream blood that his arrest is political, and in another week or two, complain still about the bad leaders Nigeria is unfortunate to be blessed with.

A thief is a thief, i don't give a running mouse's arse whether his arrest is politically motivated or not.

As for the folks screaming selective Justice, truth is there will always be selective Justice, since the arm of the law is not long enough to catch em all at once, but i take consolation in the fact that the few ones caught are made scape goats.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by jokingmary(m): 5:30pm On May 25, 2010
otukpo:

A big minus for Jonathan.

What do you mean
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by macnuel: 8:08pm On May 25, 2010
I took my time to read through each comment. I'd say to all - you have all said well. I'm no moderator as some may start to think. I have a few things to say myself.

I would have loved a situation where Jonathan had not interfered with the Ribadu issue. But if he hadn't the guy would have suffered for nothing. Ribadu shouldn't be praised but saved and that was what happened. He's a tool. He was used. Period. What happened afterwards, I as a Nigerian would waive it. He worked as a tool and needed to be saved. And I think Jonathan has done well saving him. What I wouldn't expect is a political or civil service post after all this drama which is think will be the end product. But on another hand, Ribadu should have been spanked. I don't agree with his attitude with the Nigerian Police. Someone was right. This event would open a floodgate of indiscipline. We, Nigerians are funny. Don't be suprised if in two years time, we start seeing references even if it is irrelevant. That was why I said Jonathan shouldn't have interfered in the first place. I also could rate it a minus for him as Otukpo had stated. It's a bad reference for him. It's too early. Conclusively, i'd say that we are only at the beginning of a war against corruption. In a war, there is no right and wrong. No rules. No procedures. No definitive measures. It's about getting the result done. Innocence is not a requirement. You get your hands soiled, you get it dirty. But after the war, you can be called to account. You are punished for wrong doings if you're found wanting. These our leaders won't rest and they'll always want to get smarter by the day. We need someone who can play in the dirt with them with the motive of putting cuffs in their hands while they least expect it. He may not be innocent while he is at it but so far he gives us an excellent result, he has faired. Till when the good and the bad are known, till when we can only rely on the innocent to take up the role. It's one step at a time. There are a lot of hurdles to climb. We've just skipped one.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by macnuel: 8:08pm On May 25, 2010
I took my time to read through each comment. I'd say to all - you have all said well. I'm no moderator as some may start to think. I have a few things to say myself.

I would have loved a situation where Jonathan had not interfered with the Ribadu issue. But if he hadn't the guy would have suffered for nothing. Ribadu shouldn't be praised but saved and that was what happened. He's a tool. He was used. Period. What happened afterwards, I as a Nigerian would waive it. He worked as a tool and needed to be saved. And I think Jonathan has done well saving him. What I wouldn't expect is a political or civil service post after all this drama which is think will be the end product. But on another hand, Ribadu should have been spanked. I don't agree with his attitude with the Nigerian Police. Someone was right. This event would open a floodgate of indiscipline. We, Nigerians are funny. Don't be suprised if in two years time, we start seeing references even if it is irrelevant. That was why I said Jonathan shouldn't have interfered in the first place. I also could rate it a minus for him as Otukpo had stated. It's a bad reference for him. It's too early. Conclusively, i'd say that we are only at the beginning of a war against corruption. In a war, there is no right and wrong. No rules. No procedures. No definitive measures. It's about getting the result done. Innocence is not a requirement. You get your hands soiled, you get it dirty. But after the war, you can be called to account. You are punished for wrong doings if you're found wanting. These our leaders won't rest and they'll always want to get smarter by the day. We need someone who can play in the dirt with them with the motive of putting cuffs in their hands while they least expect it. He may not be innocent while he is at it but so far he gives us an excellent result, he has faired. Till when the good and the bad are known, till when we can only rely on the innocent to take up the role. It's one step at a time. There are a lot of hurdles to climb. We've just skipped one.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by alanbolo(m): 9:06pm On May 25, 2010
@ Violent,  well articulated.    We need to start this war, one step at a time.  It doesn't matter if it's political or financially motivated, it just have to start.   It used to be the Fear of Ribadu, is the beginning of anti-embezzlement.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by oweniwe(m): 10:11pm On May 25, 2010
For me, i see Ribadu as a knife dat can be used positively & negatively. If used positively, even d village headmaster will think twice b4 he steals money meant 4 school chalk. But if used negatively, he could be used to stab political foes in d back like OBJ did, Nigeria is a very dirty country o. Corruption is now a way of life. Getting govt officials from federal 2 local govt level, civil servants, business moguls from Dangote 2 CD pirate at Alaba, & bank thiefs, sorry o bank chiefs, 2 stop their way of life is very hard, takes years, & require tough people like Ribadu 2 do d dirty job of smashing d fat rats & cockroaches, I think d main reason why jonathan wants Ribadu back is b.cos he has experience in dealing with tough tasks that even his ogas at d force HQ can't do. Oshiomole spent 1 year stabilizing Edo. Jonathan can't use an ewu jambito who will spend time studying d system coz 2011 is near. When time is short, experience (Ribadu) is precious,
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by SapeleGuy: 10:20pm On May 25, 2010
The truth of the matter is when you look at the amount of time he was in office and the convictions he got (please look at the facts no sentiment or emotion), I am afraid to say that Farida has performed better. 

But for some unknown reason, this country does everything to discredit women in authority - perhaps no be woman born dem.

Secondly, 140 police officers should make their way to court to fight for their reinstatement. Ribadu was not the only one demoted.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by captured(f): 10:24pm On May 25, 2010
Obasanjo is bad yet he is acclaimed the best president Nigeria ever had, reson, he rules like a democratic mafia don with his own mode of ethics (which i dont approve of) but it worked and paved way for a kind of mild revolution. Problem is just like the mafia, the don is always in charge even after he has openly handed over powers. He has to ensure he is protected on all levels at all times at any cost
Ribadu is just another of such person and for all the difference in their ideals, they seem to have a common passion for a better Nigeria.

I do not approve of their modus operandi but i think anyone that doesn't have a better idea and the courage to face the opposition that comes with their positions should stop talking and focus on praying that their ethics don't get to the level of yerima of child marriage.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 25, 2010
@ otobroto
u are the only person that hit the hammer on the head. i pity all this illusionists saying this person good, that person bad,
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Enjoyment1(f): 11:21pm On May 25, 2010
@ Otobroto, your comment is the most sensible here, even amongst Ribadu supporters and haters. I have read through from the beginning to the end.
There is sense in what you have said all through.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by lastpage: 11:43pm On May 25, 2010
From both sides of the divide, we have spoken well.
In my own view, we can dissect this "Ribadu Saga" into TWO distinct periods.
1.) Ribadu when he was EFCC chief. (scenario 1)
2.)Ribadu when Yar'Ardua became President (Scenario 2)

In Scenario 1, l will not repeat what others have said, for sake of brevity but will summarize:
a) OBJ used him to hound perceived, "corrupt" enemies - a big minus for Ribadu
b) Until proved otherwise, ALL those enemies of OBJ, (like OBJ himself and many politrick-cian in Nigeria, looted the nation)
c) Ribadu, at OBJ's instigation (and he was his boss, the President and the one who appointed him), dealt with some of these treasury looters

d) Ribadu, in docking his I.G.P who stole about #32Billion!, recovered most of the money and that crook called Tafa Balogun was removed like a cancer (Now we know why Police men wear bathroom slippers to work, run from duty because of inferior firepower, "Roger" forever at checkpoints, e.t.c)
e) 419 King-pins were beginning to get the message, during Ribadu's tenor. Even the neighborhood Yahoo-boys simmered-down. The country's image was improved internationally. We were de-listed from many "blacklists", worldwide.

f) He was alleged to have bought a Bullet-proof car, l consider this as a "tool" of his work. It happens everywhere including advanced countries, that "highly-at-risk" individuals like him need one. Again, thieving Guv'nors also bought strings of bullet-proof cars? Remember the Drug-Lords nearly killed Dora Akinyilu at NAFDAC? Can anyone here still remember the names (talk less of their family members!) of four EFCC operatives that were killed last month? Or are we waiting till they kill Ribadu so that we can now "eulogize" him to high-heavens? Abeeg.

g) That he "took time" before lodging the bribe-money Ibori gave him ($15Million!) into CBN account; lets ask ourselves, how many of the thieves you guys are shedding "croc" tears for, would return such money, if they are given, as gift? How many of them actually stole larger  sums from the citizens? But Ribadu was "fighting with his conscience" for 7months and eventually did the right thing? If others took seven months to "listen" to their conscience and then do what is right, Nigeria would be a Paradise today! Better late than never.

f) OBJ, for various reasons, including doing his bidding but not limited to that, promoted Ribadu rapidly. Now, OBJ was the President and just like Goodluck has the powers to re-instate Ribadu (did anyone read where Alams said that Yar-Ardua gave(promised) him presidential pardon? its all within the powers of a President and its lawful), OBJ is within his Presidential prerogative to promote Ribadu rapidly on good performance. So, Ribadu is a substantive, legal and well documented AIG. Period

g) That Ribadu practiced "selective Justice"; he hounded "some looters" and left some, l can not argue against that. Could he arrest/arrange all of them at once? NO. Would he had fared better if he folded his hands and allowed the "selected looters" to go Scot-free? NO.  By Ribadu's action of selective Justice, is this country reduced of its high numbers of looters? YES. "50 thieves minus 5thieves is still better than 50thieves"! Not minding which corner of the treasury the savings were made.
If the new EFCC chair has practiced "selective justice' in the last 3.5 years, may be OBJ, IBB, and the remaining looters would be behind bars by now and Nigeria will be more the better for it but h*ell-No, its business as usual.

So, all this gripe about 'selective justice' is narrow minded. Its the best option and the only option Ribadu had. "A good warrior does not aim all his arrows at once".

In Scenario Two.
Enter a Yar Adua whose election was financed by the association of Nigerian forty Thieves and treasury looters, headed by Ibori! The same people Ribadu dealt with, when they tried looting their state and treasury dry! What do you expect?

a) He was first accused of not being qualified to be AIG, for not having attended NIPPS, so to NIPPS he was sent: HE went!!
b) Not done, Ibori swore publicly that he would humilate RIbadu out of the Force! Imagine, "one criminal" saying he would remove the Uniform off a decorated Police officer? Only in Nigeria, (or Columbia to some extent) will that happen

c) Studying at NIPPS, his EFCC seat was given to someone who signed Ibori's criminal bail bond! I wont delve too much on that since we all are witness to the rot at EFCC today. Let history and the people decide on that.
d) His demotion was orchestrated by by Ibori, using non-performers like Onovo, Mike Okiro, e.t.c. It was nothing but a fulfillment of Ibori's promise: To humilate a decorated Police officer! He was demoted to DCP, posted to one remote location close to Ibori's area, so that he could be finally assassinated! dont lets pretend we dont know what was coming to him back then, he survived two assassination attempts before taking "self-preservation" seriously

e) When that was not enough for Ibori, he sought to again get him thrown out of NIPPS but failed.
f)To further humiliate him, Ibori, using his foot soldiers, tried to force him to wear the "ridiculed DCP rank" so that they can humilate him on his graduation day. Imagine, A Wickes Store thief trying to humiliate a decorated and courageous Police officer? They failed again.

g) After trying all these injustice and eye-sore tricks and failed, they now said he did not submit his "Asset Declaration Form" and sent the ICPC to hound him. The same Chairperson of ICPC (that anti-corruption outfit that is so lame that it could not even convict anyone since inception, except Ribadu of course grin ) that declared Ribadu wanted, on the basis of which he was also sacked from the Police Force, now shamelessly came out to say that THEY HAVE SUDDENLY REALIZED THEY HAD RIBADU'S ASSET DECLARATION FORMS WITH THEM ALL THIS WHILE shocked shocked Its on the basis of this that his charges were withdrawn and would it not be an abberation of justice if he was not "completely restituted" to his former state?

h)Finally, on the basis that (i) He was properly promoted by someone with the authority to do so (The President), and wrongfully removed from that designation, the PSC owes him an apology, legally speaking.
(ii) His demotion was the act of a demonic clicque, led by a sworn kleptomaniac, who by a twist of fate, is facing the law of Karma behind British Bars. Someone who looted his state treasury and by his acts, terminated the lives of sick children whose lives could have been saved, had the money been invested in hospitals, safe drugs, clinics, Post-natal care, immunizations, e.t.c. Someone whose acts, terminated the lives and dreams of young Deltans (and Nigerians) due to unfulfilled official responsibilities and duties like good roads, quality education, jobs, stable electricity, e.t.c.

Call me a Ribadu fan if you will, l will soon be your own ardent fan, if[b] you can remove some of these "kleptomanic-vermins" in corridors of power[/b], the Anacondas, those corrupt judges that grant injunction by mid-night, corrupt I.G.P's, Ministers, Legislators, because you will have taken a small step, in the right direction.

Just imagine if Mike Okiro or Onovo were like Ribadu, rooting out corruption from the ranks of the Police Force (just that aspect), do you think we will still have all these "extra-judicial killings" or have you forgotten the case of the Apo Six, under "Sir" Mike Okiro?

I rest my case joo grin
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Enjoyment1(f): 12:08am On May 26, 2010
@ Lastpage; I was really enjoying you, until you started tilting being biased. Even if you were Ribadu fan, you should have tried to be unbiased, bearing your username. I will not blame you. You must be a typical Nigerian judge. May I ask, from which pocket did you pick your judgement from? grin
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Otobroto(f): 12:33am On May 26, 2010
@ Lastpage;
What kind of Ribadus summary/judgement is this? Are you a relative of Justice Marcel Awokulehin?
As a poster earlier said, which side of your pocket did you remove your summary/judgement from?
My guy, my advice for you is that, based on your username, always try to take a neutral stand.
Always put all the merits and demerits on the table, and let people choose, failure to take to this advice, please drop the username.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Oboma1(m): 1:20am On May 26, 2010
Otobroto:

@ Lastpage;
What kind of Ribadus summary/judgement is this? Are you a relative of Justice Marcel Awokulehin?
As a poster earlier said, which side of your pocket did you remove your summary/judgement from?
My guy, my advice for you is that, based on your username, always try to take a neutral stand.
Always put all the merits and demerits on the table, and let people choose, failure to take to this advice, please drop the username.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breakng!!another Virus Outbreak In China, Its Called Hantavirus / ₦‎585m Scandal: SERAP Threatens Legal Action If Tinubu Fails To Probe Betta Edu / Boko Haram Is NOT A Hausa/Fulani Phenomenon, It Is A Kanuri Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.