Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest (7226 Views)

Ikpeazu Gives Cars To Police And Doctors (Photos) / Marilyn Ogar Sues FG Over Sack / PSC Bars Policemen From Carrying Vips’ Handbags, Umbrellas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by babaowo: 2:20am On May 26, 2010
can the country called nigeria will ever move forward
pls n/land ppl should tell ?
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Youngichou(m): 2:37am On May 26, 2010
@ babaowo you dont need to make your question a referendum i must admit to you am 17 by age and we youths know that this country cant move forward. Its no joke. Untill and i repeat bookmark this page untill we are ready to bypass all useless areas of sentiment in all we do. And stop showin our balderdish idiosyncracies
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by mbulela: 3:04am On May 26, 2010
I couldn't care less about Ribadu but i'll take selective justice over no justice any day.
Considering the whoring tendencies of our politicians, with time they will all fall out of favour at some point and ther selective justice will catch up with them.
As long as no innocent person is caught in between, i care less.
Until Ribadu came on the scene, politicians stole with brazen impunity and without any regard for decorum (even in stealing) but when the guy came on scene, the fear of God was put into the hearts of the barbarians.
Before then,once the monthly allocation came in, the governor and his boys in the ministry of finance just withdrew the thing changed currency and headed abroad.
No disguise, no tact.
Like has been mentioned on the Ibori thread,if you complain about selective judgement, the ideal answer will be start with the biggest thief and go down the list.
the problem is that you can't even decide who is the biggest, so anyone you catch will claim victimization.
I say, catch them by any means necessary as long as they are thieves, i couldn't care less.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by macnuel: 4:16am On May 26, 2010
Okay guys. Let's narrow it down. I've seen many sides here and the ones I'll appraise a little, of which side is much fairer is the "selective justice is better than no justice at all". I will also agree to that.

Ribadu fan or not, Lastpage made his point. The guy tried. Like I said earlier, Ribadu was a tool who needed to be saved. Enough said, I have questions to ask:
1. Are we saying it isn't right to have Ribadu pardoned?
2. Fine. The man needs no praise. He could have done better but yet he's been reinstatated as though given a medal of honour. Where does that take us on selective justice?
3. If tomorrow, someone cries foul for not being treated like Ribadu, what requirements would justify the rejection of such pardon like Ribadu just got?
4. Babaowo asked a question earlier and someone waived it off. I'll like to rephrase the question: Do we continue to watch all this drama and start giving opinions in their aftermath? Or really, is there an opinion to "where do we go from here?"
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Youngichou(m): 7:04am On May 26, 2010
@ macnuel i didnt waived babaowo question away i just gave him a good advice of calling a spade a spade. @ to your question macnuel no capital no if that is done then we give chance to more distruation
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by chidichris(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2010
like someone rightly said, there is no moving forward as long as our constitution has been abandoned for individual's judgement which we all know will be overtaken by sentiments.
in which other countries of the world are ppl gathering like we do here on nairaland to say; HE TRIED.
obj tried, ibb tried, abacha tried, ibori tried, and now RIBADU TRIED.
WHY IS THIS HE TRIED MADNESS " MORE COMMON THAN OUR CONSTITUTION?
nigeria as a country has a constitution and police as an institution has their own constitution. if ribadu has gone against the institution, the laws are there to be reffered to rather than a jonathan order. what is autocratic govt if not what jonathan and our past rulers will always do.
there is no political term or constitutional word like HE TRIED.
until the constitution of this land becomes supreme, we will not move forward.
all these while the country has been based on HE TRIED", how successful has it been?
it is high time our rulers refered to the constitution for their actions and rewards/punishments.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Nobody: 9:24am On May 26, 2010
mbulela:

I couldn't care less about Ribadu but i'll take selective justice over no justice any day.
Considering the whoring tendencies of our politicians, with time they will all fall out of favour at some point and ther selective justice will catch up with them.
As long as no innocent person is caught in between, i care less.
Until Ribadu came on the scene, politicians stole with brazen impunity and without any regard for decorum (even in stealing) but when the guy came on scene, the fear of God was put into the hearts of the barbarians.
Before then,once the monthly allocation came in, the governor and his boys in the ministry of finance just withdrew the thing changed currency and headed abroad.
No disguise, no tact.
Like has been mentioned on the Ibori thread,if you complain about selective judgement, the ideal answer will be start with the biggest thief and go down the list.
the problem is that you can't even decide who is the biggest, so anyone you catch will claim victimization.
I say, catch them [b]by any means necessary [/b]as long as they are thieves, i couldn't care less.

end of story
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by otukpo(f): 9:29am On May 26, 2010
chidichris:

like someone rightly said, there is no moving forward as long as our constitution has been abandoned for individual's judgement which we all know will be overtaken by sentiments.
in which other countries of the world are ppl gathering like we do here on nairaland to say; HE TRIED.
obj tried, ibb tried, abacha tried, ibori tried, and now RIBADU TRIED.
WHY IS THIS HE TRIED MADNESS " MORE COMMON THAN OUR CONSTITUTION?
nigeria as a country has a constitution and police as an institution has their own constitution. if ribadu has gone against the institution, the laws are there to be reffered to rather than a jonathan order. what is autocratic govt if not what jonathan and our past rulers will always do.
there is no political term or constitutional word like HE TRIED.
until the constitution of this land becomes supreme, we will not move forward.
all these while the country has been based on HE TRIED", how successful has it been?
it is high time our rulers refered to the constitution for their actions and rewards/punishments.

Exactly my point.

What prevented Ribadu from giving his best to a country he claims to love if not greed and over -ambition just like the other polticians he labelled criminals. Until we begin to put sentiments aside in the politics of this country, Nigeria will never move forward.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by ud4u: 11:01am On May 26, 2010
confusion in Nigeria
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by justdtruth: 11:46am On May 26, 2010
we have all spoken well

there is a part of this issue that we often overlook. pls do we have any militry, police, sss or whatever security forces in the house. pls we would want you to paint a little picture of what loyalty means in that circle. if you have an undertsanding of that loyalty then you will also appreciate what is happening now particularly with governance in nigeria. once a soldier, always a soldier. all these miltary men who came into politics came in with all the military ideas and that is how they work. thay have equally transfered this military mentality to the alagbadas and babarigas they dine with. ribadu is a tool, yes and what about others? are they tools too? the answer is yes. you want to work with them, then you have got to be loyal. katakata starts when there is a change in leadership or structure. all loyalist get the favours and all non-loyalist get the bashing. that is how it works. and when they are able to bring back their structure, they try to right the wrongs on the loyalists. these things are always about which camp you belong to.

this is how it happens everywhere. advanced, developing or underdeveloping countries. what our prayers should be is that the camp that will bring more benefits to the people have the day.

what we read in the papers are plays and dramas. the real thing is always classified. you know, sometimes, they just laugh at our analysis. they feed us gibberish and we shit same by talking the same gibberish

rather than be a pro-ribadu or anti-ribadu, pro-obj or anti-obj, pro-corruption or anti-corruption, tackle the issues and not the persons.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by davidobire(m): 12:00pm On May 26, 2010
justdtruth, you have spoken well and I cannot say otherwise. Cheers.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by lastpage: 12:08pm On May 26, 2010
@all,
I am not biased at all. I have only stated it, the way l see it, it might not be perfect but l encourage others to add/subtract to and from it.

I am not saying Ribadu is a saint, infact, l personally have questions that l will like him to answer, not to prove his guilt but to "show Nigerians| that we can still trust and redeem him.

These questions bother on "morals", not exactly "legalism" because the law can be an "as*s*h*ole", if you're smart enough and Nigerian law has too many loopholes providing escape conduits for criminals.

WE MUST START FROM SOMEWHERE.

Haliburton case? Third term Money shared to the Legislators by OBJ? Patience Wife? The other Corrupt 28Guv'nors on that list? OBJ's thievery viz-a-viz Power Project and Iyabo's looting of the Ministry of Health?

The question l want Ribadu to explain to Nigerians is WHY DID YOU NOT TAKE ACTIONS ON THESE ISSUES?
I recognize that he cant solve all the problems in one day but l want to be re-assured that he did not pretend that those problems where non-existent!

Like l will concur with others, "selective Justice is a starting point", let Jonathan "select his own group of treasury looters and deal with them". By the time they are done with reducing and neutralizing themselves (i.e Thieves Vs. Thieves), the masses will or should be able to finish off the winner in that contest. We cant take on all of them at a time without recourse to violence, the outcome of which no one can predict.

Just to add to my previous 10cent.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Kabikala(m): 2:50pm On May 26, 2010
@lastpage
You made two wrong submissions in your post in Scenario 2 items c.) and g.):

In Scenario Two.

c) Studying at NIPPS, his EFCC seat was given to someone who signed Ibori's criminal bail bond!

Farida signed George Akume's (former Benue Governor, now senator) bail bond, not Ibori's.

g) After trying all these injustice and eye-sore tricks and failed, they now said he did not submit his "Asset Declaration Form" and sent the ICPC to hound him.

It was the Code of Conduct Tribunal that had a case with Ribadu, not ICPC.

My own take is that Ribadu should stop parading himself as a hero. He was a willing tool in the hand of a vindictive and hypocritical Obasanjo who never really tried to fight corruption.

When people say Ribadu is an Anti-corruption czar, we can as well say that OBJ is an anti-corruption mogul.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Enjoyment1(f): 3:38pm On May 26, 2010
Otobroto:

@ Lastpage;
What kind of Ribadus summary/judgement is this? Are you a relative of Justice Marcel Awokulehin?
As a poster earlier said, which side of your pocket did you remove your summary/judgement from?
My guy, my advice for you is that, based on your username, always try to take a neutral stand.
Always put all the merits and demerits on the table, and let people choose, failure to take to this advice, please drop the username.

@ Lastpage: This is very correct. If you cannot adjust, please drop your username. You were supposed to be like last Bus-stop, and unbiased.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by lastpage: 7:35pm On May 26, 2010
@Kabikala
You're right, it was CCB. Error noted.

@Enjoyment1
We cant all see issues from the same Prism? I want you (or others) to put forward your own idea/info and we would discuss it and then if it is correct and l am in the wrong, then l will "fall-in line" grin
Until then, l hate to say l will have to disagree with you.

I am not "neutral", l have taken an unbiased position, based on what information l have and what l think is most expedient in light of the circumstance our dude found himself. He could have done better, l know that but he is also human like all of us.
Until we produce a better replacement (by action, not words), l guess we have to do with the best till date.

BTW: I am not "last-bustop", that responsibility is too big for my small coconut head!  grin
*taps his small head a few times and nods in agreement*
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by yemi2000(m): 12:01am On May 27, 2010
some people just ge power in this country
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Otobroto(f): 1:56am On May 27, 2010
lastpage:

@Kabikala
You're right, it was CCB. Error noted.

@Enjoyment1
We cant all see issues from the same Prism? I want you (or others) to put forward your own idea/info and we would discuss it and then if it is correct and l am in the wrong, then l will "fall-in line" grin
Until then, l hate to say l will have to disagree with you.

I am not "neutral", l have taken an unbiased position, based on what information l have and what l think is most expedient in light of the circumstance our dude found himself. He could have done better, l know that but he is also human like all of us.
Until we produce a better replacement (by action, not words), l guess we have to do with the best till date.

BTW: I am not "last-bustop", that responsibility is too big for my small coconut head!  grin
*taps his small head a few times and nods in agreement*

You no serious oh! grin grin grin
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by macnuel: 5:24am On May 27, 2010
justdtruth:

we have all spoken well

there is a part of this issue that we often overlook. pls do we have any militry, police, sss or whatever security forces in the house. pls we would want you to paint a little picture of what loyalty means in that circle. if you have an undertsanding of that loyalty then you will also appreciate what is happening now particularly with governance in nigeria. once a soldier, always a soldier. all these miltary men who came into politics came in with all the military ideas and that is how they work. thay have equally transfered this military mentality to the alagbadas and babarigas they dine with. ribadu is a tool, yes and what about others? are they tools too? the answer is yes. you want to work with them, then you have got to be loyal. katakata starts when there is a change in leadership or structure. all loyalist get the favours and all non-loyalist get the bashing. that is how it works. and when they are able to bring back their structure, they try to right the wrongs on the loyalists. these things are always about which camp you belong to.

this is how it happens everywhere. advanced, developing or underdeveloping countries. what our prayers should be is that the camp that will bring more benefits to the people have the day.

what we read in the papers are plays and dramas. the real thing is always classified. you know, sometimes, they just laugh at our analysis. they feed us gibberish and we poo same by talking the same gibberish

rather than be a pro-ribadu or anti-ribadu, pro-obj or anti-obj, pro-corruption or anti-corruption, tackle the issues and not the persons.

Ose o. You helped in clarifying this matter on a fair level. Funny thing is such talk like this puts an end to the story. But my fellow nairalanders still wan dey argue. NL let's talk loyalty. How many people fit face gun and go against these people's wishes? The talk here is nobody is saying this guy is a saint. We're expecting him to be better. Can you get a clean cloth in just one wash? Haba! (e jé káa sòrò sí ibi t'órò wà)
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by ayo84(m): 11:30am On May 27, 2010
what is people's beef with nuhu, he is a national hero,he stood up to corrupt individuals and gave them hard time.he is apt and an expert in what he does,hoping and praying that he is called to replace faridi waziri and clean out the augean stables
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Hardtalk: 7:50am On May 28, 2010
ayo84:

what is people's beef with nuhu, he is a national hero,he stood up to corrupt individuals and gave them hard time.he is apt and an expert in what he does,hoping and praying that he is called to replace faridi waziri and clean out the augean stables

Personal opinion I guess? undecided
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Cohomology: 8:17am On May 28, 2010
Lawless Nigeria with even more hopeless police.

Why should Ribadu apologize? What did he do wrong that warrants any apology?

Did the president instruct him to apologize?

How dare that criminal outfit called the Nigerian Police Force (NPF), those retards that would murder a pregnant woman for N20, talk about "this would bring indiscipline into the police force"? Isn't indiscipline one of the fundamental traits of the NPF?

If the gang running the NPF refuse to implement the President's directives, then this is a clear case of insubordination of Jonathan Goodluck's authority?

Is this happening to JD because he's north from northern Nigeria?

Are the southern elements within the power hierarchy of the NPF too brainwashed to understand that northern elements will always comply with presidential directives when a northerner is president?

This is just typical Nigerian nonsense!
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by selingel: 9:41pm On May 28, 2010
Cohomology:

Lawless Nigeria with even more hopeless police.

Why should Ribadu apologize? What did he do wrong that warrants any apology?

Did the president instruct him to apologize?

How dare that criminal outfit called the Nigerian Police Force (NPF), those retards that would murder a pregnant woman for N20, talk about "this would bring indiscipline into the police force"? Isn't indiscipline one of the fundamental traits of the NPF?

If the gang running the NPF refuse to implement the President's directives, then this is a clear case of insubordination of Jonathan Goodluck's authority?

Is this happening to JD because he's north from northern Nigeria?

Are the southern elements within the power hierarchy of the NPF too brainwashed to understand that northern elements will always comply with presidential directives when a northerner is president?

This is just typical Nigerian nonsense!

What does he want with a criminal outfit then? undecided
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Hardtalk: 10:07am On May 29, 2010
selingel:

What does he want with a criminal outfit then? undecided

What a question? shocked
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Hardtalk: 10:18am On May 29, 2010
ON RIBADU: I beg to differ
ViewpointsMay 29, 2010
By Eziokwu B. Ndu

Let me say from the onset that I am not a big fan of Mr. Nuhu Ribadu. The only reason being that he was not a law abiding Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). I must however give it to him that he was bold, fearless and a strong crime fighter but perhaps he is probably a believer in the doctrine that “the end justifies the means” for achieving a goal. Ribadu’s tenure at the EFCC was a catalogue of arbitrariness and abuse of power.

He ran the EFCC as a sole proprietor and was not accountable to his board. You can easily count on the fingers of one hand how many board meetings he convened as chairman throughout his tenure at the helm of the EFCC. He therefore did not have the benefit of the plurality of ideas and statutory approval processes that come from issues being discussed properly before actions are taken. He virtually reported directly to the President and occasionally to the National Security Adviser (NSA). He was a lord to himself.

Ribadu also allowed himself to be used by former President Olusegun Obasanjo to settle political scores and buy loyalty. He has denied this but everyone knows the truth. Some governors were untouchable while others were earmarked for big time persecution and disgrace. How can you be fair and claim to uphold justice when two people commit the same offence and one is prosecuted and the other is not even accused let alone prosecuted.

Ribadu was also a media freak. Unlike the usual practice with seasoned law enforcement agencies, EFCC under Ribadu was more concerned with media shows than having the actual work being done correctly. Many innocent people have been ridiculed in public ahead of their being investigated by unnecessary media shows of arrests and being charged to court. How do you repair wrongly damaged reputations?
There have been countless cases of the former EFCC boss allowing himself to be used to settle private scores or financial disputes. There was a known case of a controversy over the ownership of some oil company and Ribadu was used to hound a respected businessman into detention for almost a week only for it to be proven that the man was innocent. No compensation was paid for the wrongful arrest and detention.

The EFCC under Ribadu was not particularly clean. Bribes were freely given and accepted from various people to the EFCC operatives. Some were given through lawyers that represented EFCC. One wonders how lawyers that represent EFCC will also be under the payroll of the so called accused persons.

A major feature of the Ribadu era was arrests and detention before investigations are carried out. This has continued even till today. The Farida Waziri era has also been characterized by the same arbitrary arrests and unlawful interrogation processes to hound people. Section 34(1) of the Nigerian constitution provides that “Every individual is entitled to respect for the dignity of his person and accordingly no person shall be subject to torture or inhuman or degrading treatment”.

Many people who have had contact with EFCC tell of cases of inhuman and degrading treatment in the hands of the EFCC
The constitution also provides in section 36(4) that “every person who is charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed to be innocent until he is proved guilty”. Mr. Nuhu Ribadu’s EFCC did not respect these constitutional provisions in a number of cases. Mrs Waziri has also continued in the same footsteps.

There have also been cases where the EFCC invited people for questioning and instead of allowing the person to go, he is forced to sign a bail document when he was never arrested in the first place but simply invited for routine questioning.
This is a clear evidence of intimidation. The reason why EFCC has failed woefully in court in the Ribadu era is that in order to win cheap popularity they make a show of arresting people without first investigating their cases painstakingly. They are usually too eager to score some cheap popularity and therefore fail to be painstaking in their work.

This practice has continued with the EFCC till now. See what happened with NERC Commissioners. After charging the poor fellows to court, it became obvious that most of the charges were frivolous. NERC has therefore been for over one year, without a board of Commissioners. If a thorough job is done of investigating cases before charging people to court, obtaining justice would no doubt be swifter.

So it is therefore easy to understand why I am not a fan of Mr. Ribadu. As the saying goes, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands. A new orientation is required at EFCC. Ribadu may need some explanations to do and possibly some re-orientation himself before being offered another high office in government as is now being muted.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/29/on-ribadu-i-beg-to-differ/
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Hardtalk: 10:42am On May 29, 2010
Saint Nasir and Saint Nuhu
By Ikenna Emewu [ikenna@sunnewsonline.com]
Saturday, May 22, 2010

It is the turn of two outstanding saints of the order of the fraudulent and questionable political leadership system of Nigeria to stage a comeback.
On their return, they will commence their bullying from where they had left off in 2007 when their imperial master of misrule failed to pick his third term ticket.
Today, the demons of misdeed that have made unrelenting attempts to conquer the author of light on dominance of the nation gave them back their mandate to come and do more of their damage.

They are the new saints of our clime, the super brats of our time who know it all and have the right to do as they wish. It’s funny how we handle them with soft palms to placate them for the wrong the ‘nation did them’ for making them embark on self-exile from where they threw brickbats at the late President Umar Yar’Adua until he could reply them no more.

They have stepped in to prove to us that we know nothing and that only them have the keys to the straightening of the bent nation. You can hear Nasir El-Rufai sounding it clear and loud that he did wonders in Abuja and for Nigeria when he was minister. Silly as it may sound, but it is true that while EFCC discusses arraignment of El-Rufai before a court for fraud and mismanagement of the FCT land allocation in his days as minister, his Kaduna State government listed him among the prominent citizens of the state that paid President Goodluck Jonathan visit to condole him over the death of Yar’Adua. What this means is that you are meant to believe that El-Rufai is pained by the death of the same Yar’Adua he dressed in all manner of odd robes and poured invectives on while he was away to further his studies as he told us.

While El-Rufai faces ‘trial’, he also visits the president as special guest. You can on your own deduce the manner of prosecution EFCC has embarked on. And to celebrate his triumph over all of us and the laws of the land, he came out from Aso Rock to commence a campaign backing Jonathan to run next year and pointing out the oddity of zoning in PDP.

So, all of a sudden, El-Rufai’s fight to frustrate Nigerians in his selective search for the Abuja master plan, his role in the third term bid of his master and the other ones involving selecting who was anointed president prior to election and the one to be dropped have been blotted out. El-Rufai has completely purged himself of these errors and has been crowned a saint of modern Nigeria to rule and dictate to us. His roles in fighting all those Obasanjo pointed out to him as his enemies in defiance of the law have been overtaken by time and space.

Today, El-Rufai is the crowned custodian of the puritan order of Nigeria.
The noise of how he demolished the homes of those who could not play ball and those who were of the wrong camp, including that retired judge of the FCT High Court from the North that later died of frustration after his household items were left in the rain and sun for day are over. The court orders that stopped El-Rufai from embarking on that demolition and the rest have fizzled out and null and void forever.

Because El-Rufai marked Bolingo Hotel in Abuja for demolition, six directors of the hotel came to Ota Farm to beg the god for his mercies and on their way back to Abuja; the Bellview plane they boarded crashed and killed them at Lisa. The justification of that move by El-Rufai and the role he played in making these people take the trip that consumed them have all been drowned in the jubilation heralding the triumphal entry of this new saint from Zaria.

After a thorough probe by the Senate, El-Rufai was grossly indicted for re-allocating those plots he said were out of the plan to his people. Senate also held he should not hold public office again because of his wanton ways. They found he allocated about 300 of such plots to his family members and cronies. Today, he stands a mock trial whose end is already known while his co-traveller had already received a state pardon to stay free. So, with the type of campaign this man who employed the services of a lady NYSC member and paid her N1m per month from public coffers only to snide that it was not easy to be a Harvard product is mounting for the man in power, who would not predict accurately how the trial will play out?

El-Rufai’s brother saint is Nuhu Ribadu – the lawyer crime fighter who had no regard for the law. Homes of prominent Nigerians were raided at night and searches embarked on without warrants. Nigerians were detained in defiance of orders enforcing their fundamental rights or even court orders for their release.
Nuhu wasted Nigerian money filing, withdrawing, amending and refilling charges that never got prosecuted.

He enjoyed double promotions in the police and refused to be redeployed from the EFCC. He stayed away from his duty post after removal from EFCC job and at last left the police on unclear terms, ran out of the country and declared wanted by the police. But when he sneaked in, nobody touched him again because the visit by Mr. Acting President to US was to pave the way for fugitives of justice to return home on red carpet with their ‘sins’ already atoned for. He is back to continue from where he punctuated his heedless drive. Very soon the new saint of the new and refurbished order of a failed third term three years ago will be appointed to the position for which he was brought in.

At the fullness of time, he and his brother, Saint Nasir, will take the centre stage and manage the nation as they wish.
The rule is: Do what you want to do, exercise all the impunity your mad mind could muster, when the heat is on, jump ship and abscond overseas. When the coast clears, come back and stampede everyone your usual old style. So far as you belong to the ruling cabal, nothing happens any more. These are indeed the days of the refurbished saints.

N40m and Emordi’s delayed ouster

Please, ask the Senate of the Federal Republic and the distinguished senators as they call themselves what N40 million quarterly constituency project allocation has to do with the pranks over the ouster of the Mrs. Joy Emordi from the Senate.

I heard, maybe, wrongly or rightly, that there is this money shared to senators, their distinguished highnesses, every quarter of the year. The booty is corporately called ‘constituency project fund’. You can see the sugar coating because I belong to a senatorial district like all of you reading this, and I can’t remember a project I ever saw or was told was executed by the senator representing me. I have seen neither infrastructure provision nor additional human resource contribution. The last I know in my constituency is the great stride Senator Anyim Pius Anyim took to hand us a brand new wonderful road (Okigwe-Afikpo road) handled by Julius Berger.

But I was told that Emordi was/is a very powerful inner caucus member of the hallowed chamber. That was why she had the juicy position of the chairman of the education committee.

When her ouster was pronounced, Mark, the oga, and his men decided to sit on appeal over the Court of Appeal decision. But the sole aim, I found out, was not about confusion in the letter and spirit of the verdict. It was rather to buy time in favour of Emordi so that she could pick the imminent N40 statutory and legal N40m constituency windfall as parting gift and also to make sure the one that would come in starts in a desert and in austere clime to teach him a lesson. So, the great Senate and senators, how true is this rumour?

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/columnists/thoughts/2010/ikenna-may-22-2010.htm
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Otobroto(f): 2:42pm On May 29, 2010
I am tired of news about Nuhu Ribadu, and El-Rufai.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Oboma1(m): 8:04pm On May 29, 2010
Otobroto:

I am tired of news about Nuhu Ribadu, and El-Rufai.

So long they are public figures, you will never help but read news and comments about them.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Otobroto(f): 11:38am On May 30, 2010
Report indicts past Abuja ministers on land allocation
By Idris Akinbajo
May 29, 2010 11:59PM

On Thursday, May 16, Bala Mohammed, the Federal Capital Territory minister, addressed a press conference. Wearing a grim look, Mr Mohammed showed his displeasure at how the FCT has been managed since 2007.

Previous administrations were involved in “allocations in mass housing sites without regards to the Federal Executive Council (FEC) approval, glaring lopsidedness in land allocation, resulting in a situation where allocations to applicants were based on selfish and personal interests,” Mr Mohammed said.

The minister explained that various reports available before him showed that there were a lot of anomalies in the allocation of land since January 2007.

Consequently, he said “all forms of transactions, payments and transfers in respect of plots allocated from January 2007 to date, including Development Control approvals, are hereby suspended until further notice.”

Some of the reports upon which Mr Mohammed based his decision are now available exclusively to NEXT.

The Land Administration department, which was previously merged with the Abuja Geographic Information Systems (AGIS) and demerged by the administration of Aliyu Modibbo, a former FCT minister, submitted its report to Mr Mohammed.

The mass housing scheme

Adamu Aliero, Mr Modibbo’s successor, started general allocations on February 19, 2009. Mr Aliero, until he was removed by Goodluck Jonathan, allocated 2114 resettlement plots, 3, 842 general allocations, and 43 mass housing plots. Most of the mass housing allocations were, however, “a complete deviation from the conceptualization of the master plan,” a report stated.

Among the department’s findings on the Mass Housing Scheme is that there was “no proper procedure for realization and sustenance of the scheme.” The department also found that “large parcels of land were allocated without step by step implementation guidelines and checks.”

Not only previous administrations that were indicted by the report; the estate developers who got licenses from the mass housing scheme also got indictments.

According to the report, “seventy-one (71) mass housing allocations were recently made to forty-three (43) companies.” Out of this, the report states “only a few of them, have attained the standard of infrastructure and building required in the city.”

Violation of master plan

Last week’s NEXT on Sunday showed how Mr Modibbo, in several situations, violated the Abuja master plan in the process of allocating land to top political office holders. The report by the Land Administration department further confirmed this.

In its 10th finding on the mass housing schemes in Abuja, the report noted that “mass housing scheme in FCT as presently structured via the allocation of large parcel of land (20Ha-500Ha) is a complete deviation from the conceptualization of the master plan.”

Some of the developers, who got these allocations, include Global Formwork (Nig) Ltd, CGC Nigeria Limited and Larix Company Limited.

The department, however, presented an important note to the minister: “as a result of the above problems identified with the mass housing programme, a new guideline was put in place to address the inadequacies.” It, however, noted that “they (the new guidelines) were published in the media but were not followed in the recent mass housing allocations.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5574299-146/report_indicts_past_abuja_ministers_on.csp?CSPCHD=0000000100003ku5kSUy00000066MYd_Ioq_jCxmeVo7hyKw--
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Otobroto(f): 11:48am On May 30, 2010
This is one clear reason I do not like Nigerian kind of news reporting. I know El-Rufai is a co-founder of NEXT Newspapers, but do they have to report this without mentioning El-Rufai? So, are they now telling us, El-Rufai was a saint? He never soiled his hands? Amongst other allegation against him, who gave a 3 year old land in Abuja? Abeg NEXT Newspapers, I am disappointed. Also, the so-called Report is to exonerate El-Rufai. That is the reason I will and can never trust a Nigerian Leader. This is another method of clearing El-Rufai of all allegations. I am not against him being allowed to go if he has no case, but the method being applied here, is making Nigerians look stupid. This Jonathan government might even be worst than any other government in history. I know many will say otherwise, but time will tell.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Ourturn(m): 1:22pm On May 30, 2010
Otobroto:

This is one clear reason I do not like Nigerian kind of news reporting. I know El-Rufai is a co-founder of NEXT Newspapers, but do they have to report this without mentioning El-Rufai? So, are they now telling us, El-Rufai was a saint? He never soiled his hands? Amongst other allegation against him, who gave a 3 year old land in Abuja? Abeg NEXT Newspapers, I am disappointed. Also, the so-called Report is to exonerate El-Rufai. That is the reason I will and can never trust a Nigerian Leader. This is another method of clearing El-Rufai of all allegations. I am not against him being allowed to go if he has no case, but the method being applied here, is making Nigerians look silly. This Jonathan government might even be worst than any other government in history. I know many will say otherwise, but time will tell.

If I say my mind here, many will chop me raw. This kind of report is not good for Nigeria. NEXT Newspapers, and those who submitted the report, should bow their heads in shame.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by Enjoyment1(f): 7:32pm On May 30, 2010
Our-turn:

If I say my mind here, many will chop me raw. This kind of report is not good for Nigeria. NEXT Newspapers, and those who submitted the report, should bow their heads in shame.

I reserve my comment lipsrsealed.
Re: Ribadu Apologises To Police Over Sack, Rank, •psc Faults Apology Letter - Latest by selingel: 10:47pm On May 31, 2010
Our-turn:

Please say your mind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Takes Us Back To The Importation Regime / Breaking: Ghana’s Ex-president Kufuor Is Dead / Is This Currently The Highest Ranked US Military Officer Of Nigerian Origin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.