Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Who Is A Yahoo Boy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Yahoo Boy? (991 Views)

‘Yahoo Boy’ Stabs Parents Over Failed Black Magic Soap In Ibadan / Policemen Chasing Yahoo Boy In Akute Injured Passersby / Senator Ben Bruce retweets a post that describes Oby Ezekwesili as a 'yahoo boy' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by mekaboy(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2018
Well some people will say a Yahoo boy is one that used the internet to defraud victims of their hard earned money.
They use to be called 419, people who obtain by tricks.

But for the EFCC a Yahoo boy is a young guy who drives flashy cars, uses iPhone, parties and spends a lot on lavish lifestyle without well documented source of income.

They stormed club 57 in Lagos because it is seen as a fish pond. They threw their net in and caught many. Nice job EFCC.

There is a yahoo boy I know in Abuja, his name is Yusuf.he lives a lavish lifestyle. He rides bikes worth millions and his income and his lifestyle are in no way related.

The last time he had an accident, destroying one or more of the bikes that would have provided startup capital for an unemployed youth.

He was flown abroad for treatment, and the health minister said he went on holidays and not treatment.

His father asked Nigerian Youths to go to the farm to earn respect while his son is speeding around town with power bike in time of fuel scarcity.

I never heard efcc storm his house or invite him for questioning on his source of wealth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by meobizy(f): 6:59pm On May 13, 2018
Yusuf is not the yahoo boy. His father is. Yusuf is only a lazy youth who is lucky his father's magas paid.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by Viralkid: 7:03pm On May 13, 2018
Although, I don't like the way efcc raided the club what if they are proven to be fraudsters what then will you say..
This yahoo yahoo phenomenon needs to change. If they are proven innocent surely they'll be set free.
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:05pm On May 13, 2018
Yusuf has choice hotels in Dubai and Europe
He has no business or source of income
He is obviously a yahoo Boy
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by mekaboy(m): 7:23pm On May 13, 2018
Viralkid:
Although, I don't like the way efcc raided the club what if they are proven to be fraudsters what then will you say..
This yahoo yahoo phenomenon needs to change. If they are proven innocent surely they'll be set free.

They stormed a Night club to close down someone's business. People left without paying for drinks worth millions. In a matter of time the club won't have enough patronage to sustain staff. Then eventually shut down and more unemployed youths will heat the streets and become lazy according to buhari. These guys are suspects and they storm the club for arrest. The SGF who was accused of spending 200 million to cut grass, they did not storm his house. It took a letter from obasanjo before they could invite him. Till today nothing is done about it.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by Viralkid: 7:29pm On May 13, 2018
mekaboy:

They stormed a Night club to close down someone's business. People left without paying for drinks worth millions. In a matter of time the club won't have enough patronage to sustain staff. Then eventually shut down and more unemployed youths will heat the streets and become lazy according to buhari. These guys are suspects and they storm the club for arrest. The SGF who was accused of spending 200 million to cut grass, they did not storm his house. It took a letter from obasanjo before they could invite him. Till today nothing is done about it.

Like I said, I don't like the way they raided the club..
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by emeijeh(m): 7:30pm On May 13, 2018
Interesting yahoo story
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by wolelove(m): 7:40pm On May 13, 2018
But come to think of it, Nigeria will not be a safe place to live for the rich if most of this jobless boys are not involve into internet fraud. The rate of murder and robbery will be alarming. Let the government deal with unemployment first.
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by NaijaYahooBoy: 7:55pm On May 13, 2018
Whom do you prefer ?
LIKE for Yahoo Boys, SHARE for Nigerian Government
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by plaetton: 9:05pm On May 13, 2018
Viralkid:
Shut up there m.oro.n !
Guilty until proven innocent ? shocked
Is that how it works in your Zoo ?

Are we in a 21st century democracy or in a Zoo ?
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by Viralkid: 10:42pm On May 13, 2018
plaetton:

Shut up there m.oro.n !
Guilty until proven innocent ? shocked
Is that how it works in your Zoo ?

Are we in a 21st century democracy or in a Zoo ?
I don't think you're mentally fit to understand simple discussion. In the United States when hard drugs usage was at an all time high, how do think they dealt with it. Do you think they were soft on any suspected drug dealer(s). I hope you're not blind to see my first statement.
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by plaetton: 3:23am On May 14, 2018
Viralkid:

I don't think you're mentally fit to understand simple discussion. In the United States when hard drugs usage was at an all time high, how do think they dealt with it. Do you think they were soft on any suspected drug dealer(s). I hope you're not blind to see my first statement.
Laughing out loud .
grin grin
Which United States are you referring to ?
The United States of Nigeria ?

In the United States of America, the DEA or any government agency would never arrest a suspected drug dealer or gang member unless and until they had gathered sufficient evidence to be able to convict the person in court. A judge would throw out the case on the first hearing if there was insufficient evidence or if the evidence was too circumstantial .
Such would be counterproductive for the law enforcement agency , a waste of resources, and could leave the agency vulnerable to civil rights lawsuits for wrongful arrest or malicious prosecution.

Being tough on crime means putting more resources to gather intelligence and evidence , not about breaking into and searching people's houses, businesses , cars etc without warrants , and arbitrarily arresting people. That is the very very dumb, very very lazy and idiotic method of supposedly fighting crime.
The way of the Zoo.

So, my little dumb dumb, be very careful about the Zoo method you wish for others. It might just come back and bite you , your friends or loved ones one day in the future.
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by Viralkid: 6:43am On May 14, 2018
plaetton:

Laughing out loud .
grin grin
Which United States are you referring to ?
The United States of Nigeria ?

In the United States of America, the DEA or any government agency would never arrest a suspected drug dealer or gang member unless and until they had gathered sufficient evidence to be able to convict the person in court. A judge would throw out the case on the first hearing if there was insufficient evidence or if the evidence was too circumstantial .
Such would be counterproductive for the law enforcement agency , a waste of resources, and could leave the agency vulnerable to civil rights lawsuits for wrongful arrest or malicious prosecution.

Being tough on crime means putting more resources to gather intelligence and evidence , not about breaking into and searching people's houses, businesses , cars etc without warrants , and arbitrarily arresting people. That is the very very dumb, very very lazy and idiotic method of supposedly fighting crime.
The way of the Zoo.

So, my little dumb dumb, be very careful about the Zoo method you wish for others. It might just come back and bite you , your friends or loved ones one day in the future.
What makes you feel that efcc has not gathered sufficient evidence on some of them, do you think efcc will just go and raid night clubs for nothing . Like I said if proven innocent, they'll be set free. The US dea often raided night clubs at that time too.
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by g0tze: 7:55am On May 14, 2018
FRONT PAGE.
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by plaetton: 8:03am On May 14, 2018
Viralkid:

What makes you feel that efcc has not gathered sufficient evidence on some of them, do you think efcc will just go and raid night clubs for nothing . Like I said if proven innocent, they'll be set free. The US dea often raided night clubs at that time too.
Well, if the EFCC had sufficient evidence against a targeted number of individuals whom they sought for arrest, they could have performed the arrests cleanly without causing chaos and disrupting the business .

Now, please stop saying " If they are innocent, they will be set free". That reveals a high level of ignorance and naivety on your part. No one should ever be arrested and made to prove their innocence.
That would be a negation of the basic tenets of the rule of law and democracy.

I have warned you to be careful of what you wish for others, because it could very well be your turn tomorrow.

There are currently thousands of innocent people languishing in kirikiri and other Nigeria prisons for years awaiting trial just to prove their innocence.
This is a legal and humanitarian aberration.
Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by ckmayoca: 8:04am On May 14, 2018
Internet fraud star is everywhere in the world. harassing people cos they drive big wheel without evidence or petition is wrong. even in western world, they can only arrest you if u r reported and if u are a suspect , u are gonna be monitored until evidence is obtained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Yahoo Boy? by ckmayoca: 8:05am On May 14, 2018
Viralkid:

efcc will never release an innocent person for free... even if you be Yankee returnee after the investigation. pepper must drop.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We’ll Declare Biafra’s Independence On May 30’ / Family And Friends Of The Soldiers Killed By Bokoharam Mourn / Full Text Of Oshiomole’s Response To Senate President's World Press Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.