Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa (14818 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 / 2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Mikel Obi, Ighalo Return For Nigeria (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 15, 2018
Does from the south hide their language when they come to north, they don't even want you to learn. Because they want to use it as a tool for olofofo.
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Happigirl12(f): 1:12pm On May 15, 2018
MrHowto:

There is only one major. 1 3 and 7 all cannot be major. Except when a question was asked list two major then you can add 7 and 3. And when the question is list 3 major then you can have 7, 3 and 1.

But when the question which 1 is D major language in Nigeria? You cannot list 3, it's Hausa alone

There is nothing like one major. If the federal government states that there are three then you can't say it's only one because you're Hausa. That is not only biased but immature. You can name more than one thing as major e.g "These are the major reasons..."

If this country is still suffering from tribal discrimination, how do you want those whites or asians to stop racial discrimination?
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 15, 2018
MrHowto:

You're wrong. Hausa is spoken more than English and pidgin combined. Pidgin is not even a language yet.
Pidgin is language and is spoken in many anglophone speaking countries in west Africa. Hausa no doubt is spoken but pidgin tends to be a lingual franca even though is hasn't being acknowledge in our laws
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 15, 2018
Happigirl12:

There is nothing like one major. If the federal government states that there are three then you can't say it's only one because you're Hausa. That is not only biased but immature. You can name more than one thing as major e.g "These are the major reasons..."

If this country is still suffering from tribal discrimination, how do you want those whites or asians to stop racial discrimination?

You can continue to argue. But what is major is major, if the country like let them add more major languages to make it 5. It still means nothing because Hausa is the major. That narrate of 3 major is to console you guys that are tribalistic in nature. Even the world recognize Hausa as the major and not both the 3 at same line.

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by AFONJACOW(m): 1:33pm On May 15, 2018
MDsambo:

Does'nt that make your mother's tongues useless?
no wonder u are millennium years backwards
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by AFONJACOW(m): 1:34pm On May 15, 2018
eflintsone:
i quit tlking to you ... you know nothing from this little convo ...get ursef some good education
ur grammar is nothing to write home about... gerrout of here ezi
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by otunbadan(m): 1:54pm On May 15, 2018
MrHowto:

Go kill yourself. But indeed it is.

Ya still ma.d
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:22pm On May 15, 2018
jeruzi:
This pathetic move must be stopped.
If we don't fight this, fulani's and hausa's will systematically and forcefully colonise the south and the entire Nigeria.
We must stop this.
So, BBC Hausa, VOA Hausa, DW Hausa and Chinese radio Hausa all want to colonise we southern Nigerians just because they have been broadcasting in hausa for many decades. Oga this your comment no hold water. Hausa language is the most spoken language in West Africa those broadcasting stations don't care about your tribalism mind.

3 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by phenomem(m): 3:08pm On May 15, 2018
Happigirl12:
We have three major languages in Nigeria. If one is used I think the other two should be used too. They are also among the most spoken languages in Africa.

It is not about Nigeria alone. Hausa language is spoken in most northern side of west africa

3 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 15, 2018
MrHowto:

See the ranking here. You will see where your language falls, not even english is being spoken like the Hausa lang.

1) Arabic
2) Kiswahili
3) Hausa
4) English
5) Amharic
6) French
7) Oromo
8.)Yoruba
9) Igbo

10) Zulu

Pidgin should be number 1

Your list is fake
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by clemco33(m): 3:47pm On May 15, 2018
tufiakwa Nigeria
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 5:20pm On May 15, 2018
AFONJACOW:
ur grammar is nothing to write home about... gerrout of here ezi

this is the kinda reply you get when someone knows nothings and all he could do is pretend he does not get your abbreviated talks ��

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by obaataaokpaewu: 5:29pm On May 15, 2018
Make dem no kari that one reach my TV. Oyibo own na em sweet pass
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Olumyco(m): 5:40pm On May 15, 2018
Let me coming into this with my little understanding about dis... I seem to understand somethings about this lang. tins

First of all about BBC Hausa and co... going back to history it was formed because most Hausa pple do not understand English. Not because of anything but because of lack of English comprehension.
As at Independence in 1960 there are more educated fellows in Yoruba than Hausa...

History solves a lot of things pls let us always read history

Now to the Hausa/Yoruba palava... there is a difference between "most spoken" and "most widely spoken". Also there is difference between "most spoken as first lang and most spoken as second lang.

In Nigeria Yoruba is the most spoken language as the first language in Nigeria which invariably says its the most spoken language in West Africa.
If we consider "speaking as second language".. which will combine both the population of pple speaking it as first and second lang.. then Hausa will be the most spoken lang in Nigeria and invariably in West Africa.
Many pple in the North have their first lang... we have fulfilde, Kanuri, etc

Now to most widely spoken. Hausa has it. Most Northern side of West Africa can be seen to have the Hausa tribe resident there.
Hausa is the most widely spoken lang in West Africa.

Like Chinese is the most spoken language in the World because of population. But the most widely spoken lang is English... it cut across many countries.

Finally... outside Nigeria... the Yorubas and Igbos are more popular than the Hausas because... these are the pple doing biz/travelling and who pple in other countries meet...
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by APCsupporter: 6:15pm On May 15, 2018
Fuckyoumod:
Hausa is the official language of illiterates, Buhari and his cows in the north.

So I can understand...

seun
lalasticlala

I hope you are seeing this.

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by APCsupporter: 6:23pm On May 15, 2018
Oritzy:

Bros stop fooling yourself, the way you go about this thing shows how sentimental and bitter you are.
first let me school you .
Not all northerner is an Hausa speaking tribe
French is widely spoken in Africa than Hausa that is found in just few states in one or two countries
Portuguese is spoken in Two African countries you didn't even mention those languages.

Have you even left the shores of the your north at all?

People outside Nigeria can relate to Igbo and yoruba far more than Hausa

You only have mouth because the north has a big land mass counting goats and cows as human being to boost your population.

My friend go and make a little research about this. If you go to Cameroun, Malo, Ghana, Togo, Niger, Chad, Sudan and even some parts of Libya you will see that a great chunk of their population speak Hausa. I havent seen a single nigerienne that doesn't speak Hausa as a second or 3rd Language. Here in Northern Nigeria majority of the minority tribes speak Hausa. Which language comes close to this?

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by APCsupporter: 6:26pm On May 15, 2018
Oritzy:
Bros stop lying now there Are no Hausa in Togo , ivory coast and Senegal. Thoae are what am sure of and why did you ommit Sierra lone from the Yoruba list, what about guinea bissau, do you know the Gan tribe in Ghana are also Yorubas?? Have you even asked why Shattta's first name is Wale??

Am a traveller bro. Am not arguing base on what I read I am telling you what I have seen. Maybe the Hausa in Togo are the Ewe's lol

Are you the one that kicked them out of those countries? I swear Nairaland is full of morons. Why can't you make a simple research?

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by AFONJACOW(m): 10:21pm On May 15, 2018
eflintsone:

this is the kinda reply you get when someone knows nothings and all he could do is pretend he does not get your abbreviated talks ��
gerrout with this your cut and joined abracadabra English tongue
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 10:30pm On May 15, 2018
AFONJACOW:
gerrout with this your cut and joined abracadabra English tongue

lmao oga don switch to english perfection ���

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by manasuk(m): 6:29am On May 16, 2018
MrHowto:

See the ranking here. You will see where your language falls, not even english is being spoken like the Hausa lang.

1) Arabic
2) Kiswahili
3) Hausa
4) English
5) Amharic
6) French
7) Oromo
8.)Yoruba
9) Igbo

10) Zulu
hausa come before swahili now
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by manasuk(m): 6:32am On May 16, 2018
Happigirl12:
We have three major languages in Nigeria. If one is used I think the other two should be used too. They are also among the most spoken languages in Africa.
is nigeria the only country in africa?
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by manasuk(m): 6:37am On May 16, 2018
lonlytroy:
Why not declare pidgin our officially language
ba'a rabu da bukar ba an haifi habu. to ai gamma bukar ɗin da habu.
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:01am On May 16, 2018
Olumyco:
Let me coming into this with my little understanding about dis... I seem to understand somethings about this lang. tins

First of all about BBC Hausa and co... going back to history it was formed because most Hausa pple do not understand English. Not because of anything but because of lack of English comprehension.
As at Independence in 1960 there are more educated fellows in Yoruba than Hausa...

History solves a lot of things pls let us always read history

Now to the Hausa/Yoruba palava... there is a difference between "most spoken" and "most widely spoken". Also there is difference between "most spoken as first lang and most spoken as second lang.

In Nigeria Yoruba is the most spoken language as the first language in Nigeria which invariably says its the most spoken language in West Africa.
If we consider "speaking as second language".. which will combine both the population of pple speaking it as first and second lang.. then Hausa will be the most spoken lang in Nigeria and invariably in West Africa.
Many pple in the North have their first lang... we have fulfilde, Kanuri, etc

Now to most widely spoken. Hausa has it. Most Northern side of West Africa can be seen to have the Hausa tribe resident there.
Hausa is the most widely spoken lang in West Africa.

Like Chinese is the most spoken language in the World because of population. But the most widely spoken lang is English... it cut across many countries.

Finally... outside Nigeria... the Yorubas and Igbos are more popular than the Hausas because... these are the pple doing biz/travelling and who pple in other countries meet...
All you wrote are false. Which Yoruba is the most spoken first language in Nigeria? Do you mean the same Yoruba people that speak English to their wards. Oga Hausa are more popular than any other ethnic groups in Nigeria. It is the only language in west Africa recognised internationally. Even most foreigners want to learn Hausa before any other language in Nigeria/West Africa.

My advise for any one that want to learn a new Language. Learn Arabic, English, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, Kiswahili and Hausa. If you can understand 3 to 5 of these languages, you are a hot cake.
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by manasuk(m): 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2018
MrHowto:

1) Arabic
2) Kiswahili
3) Hausa
4) English
5) Amharic
6) French
7) Oromo
8.)Yoruba
9) Igbo

10) Zulu
Hausa is the 1st, Your estimation seems out up date please check the recent research.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UEFA, Premier League, Top Clubs Reject European Super League / Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 / Nigeria Super Falcons Vs Portugal On June 14th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.