Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate (17439 Views)

In Another Gaffe, Tinubu Says Omo-agege ‘will Be Governor Of Niger Delta State’ / Tinubu Says Omo-Agege Will Be Governor Of Niger Delta State (Video) / Omo-agege Will Be The Governor Of Niger Delta State - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by Metuh: 7:57am On May 15, 2018
CilicMarin:

Must you abuse somebody to make your comment?
Omenka must you call people pig to pass your statement?
Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by CilicMarin: 8:04am On May 15, 2018
lalasticlala I think this supposed to be On the front page.
Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by hush15: 8:17am On May 15, 2018
johnmartus:
Saraki the stupid man you see you're powerless? Anyway congrats to distinguish senator .don't be coward because of this incident continue speak against evil in the red chamber .

I can see that the way rebellious children thinks. Neway, its not being powerless but respect to the rule of law and constituted authorities, something Buhari and his cohorts lacks.
Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by hush15: 8:18am On May 15, 2018
Metuh:

Omenka must you call people pig to pass your statement?

So na Omenka be that guy....? Banning don make am change logo sha
Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by GavelSlam: 8:19am On May 15, 2018
Warri no dey carry last.
grin
Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by Metuh: 8:19am On May 15, 2018
hush15:

So na Omenka be that guy....? Banning don make am change logo sha
Na im way be that.
A lot of Zombies like him have different accounts for different purposes
Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by hush15: 8:26am On May 15, 2018
Metuh:

Na im way be that.

Chai, i blame buhari for these peoples joblessness o. Supporting incompetency day after day. Changing names to even do that.

May God heal their brain
Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by lecowas: 8:26am On May 15, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
This year is almost half gone and this senate has not passed the budget the executive submitted since late 2017. What they are waiting for is to conclude the padding so they can hurriedly pass it so the executive won't have the option of rejecting the padded budget since the year is almost gone.

This same trend repeats itself every year. Corruption is gradually becoming a tradition in this country. See how they are fiercly chasing down their own colleague rather than doing that which they were elected to do.

I will keep saying it: this democracy is not working for us at all. We have tried democracy since 99 and we aren't better off where the military left us. No better infrastructure, no rule of law, no value system, nothing. Worse still, the future looks dim.

It seems we share the same political ideology. Nigeria needs iron hands who are not religion fanatics.

3 Likes

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by tech18: 8:27am On May 15, 2018
progress69:

The senate should never have suspended anyone in the first place if its about obeying court orders. There is a supreme court ruling that clearly stated that the NASS does not have any power to suspend anybody, they got away with Jibrin does not mean they will always get away. Everyday people are becoming more politically aware.

I choose to ignore the other part of your comment ..because it is synaomynous with perpetually bitter losers who never got over the fact that a certain sitting president lost.
Tell them my brother. The 8th NASS don't obey court orders at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by GavelSlam: 8:30am On May 15, 2018
Metuh:

Na im way be that.

Gerrout.

SalamRushdie claimed Clicmarin was me.

Some other fella claimed that was Ngenekwenu.

Now you claim that's Omenka.

Can't you guys stick to one tale?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by donald101(m): 8:31am On May 15, 2018
That's the people Senator. Urhobo is proud of you.

AGEGE AGAIN 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by dennisworld1(m): 8:31am On May 15, 2018
Agege d slayer of sarakis

1 Like

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by VERDA: 8:32am On May 15, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

I guess you are too naive to realize that 'defend' your budget .means come and grease our palms.

The senate does not have any right to tamper with the budget, neither do they have the rights to summon MDA's to defend a budget. Are they saying the executive don't know what they are doing? The senate functions when it comes to the budget is an oversight function. This senate is overreaching it's functions. They want to police everyone and everywhere.

The MDA's and ministers has already called their bluff. Maybe they need the judiciary to be reminding them of what and what they can't do.

Why are you talking like this??,you don't have to let sentiments blind you to the truth, why not just scrap the legislative arm since by your analysis they have no say in the budget process...no go read constitution,keep displaying your ignorance.
Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by MaziOmenuko: 8:39am On May 15, 2018
VERDA:

Why are you talking like this??,you don't have to let sentiments blind you to the truth, why not just scrap the legislative arm since by your analysis they have no say in the budget process...no go read constitution,keep displaying your ignorance.

If I quote the part of the constitution that gives them an oversight function ONLY as long as the budget is concerned, you will whip up sentiments and forgo the real issue.

The work of the senate is to MAKE LAWS!!!! If they are not comfortable making laws, they should go and contest for an Executive office.

2 Likes

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by Jethrolite(m): 8:43am On May 15, 2018
Metuh:

It's not about any rubbish power battle

It's about obeying Court judgments and orders that Buhari can never do.
Oga, another action film was already loading for today and the senators including Saraki are scared. Who knows the mob that would have attacked the complex today and remember Sen. Omo-Agege has presidential backing.

1 Like

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by cocoboss(m): 8:53am On May 15, 2018
sum1 needs to murder him!!! who _ buhari undecided undecided
Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by Nobody: 9:00am On May 15, 2018
Metuh:

Yesterday night on an earlier thread about the resumption Ovie Omo - Agege to the Senate to represent his people, I had posted that there is no any superiority battle between individuals here. It is a battle between the rule of law & the law makers. The battle between the integrity of the judiciary & the execution of the law. It is good that the judiciary is gradually being drawn into the Senate matters, especially as Senator Omo - Agege is a lawyer. Till date, I still believe what saved Ledun Mittee from Abacha hangman was because he is a lawyer.

Also, I said baba (PMB) is out of Abuja. To a discerned reader, that means a lot. At least, he will not be around to attend to an emergency meeting of NASS leadership & whatever happen s has nothing to do with the presidency. The Police (IGP) is around to enforce law (court judgement) & maintain law & order.

The fear of Police (IGP) alone having constitutional power to enforce law & maintain law & order is a great fear to Saraki & his supporters. This late hour change of their position to allow Senator Omo - Agege resume is after wide consultations with reactions on online media particularly Nairaland. They don't need any lawyer on Monday for a sitting of Tuesday in a chamber where the Deputy President is also a lawyer.

2 Likes

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by obailala(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2018
Hahaha... Mudiaga! No matter the weight of elephant e nor fit cause earthquake... Still on colonizing Warri... Staaand fit! grin

2 Likes

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by Afamed: 9:11am On May 15, 2018
Metuh:

Suspending a senator itself is an act of illegality. Saraki is not doing Omo Agege any favour

2 Likes

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by Afamed: 9:15am On May 15, 2018
babaolofin:

Yesterday night on an earlier thread about the resumption Ovie Omo - Agege to the Senate to represent his people, I had posted that there is no any superiority battle between individuals here. It is a battle between the rule of law & the law makers. The battle between the integrity of the judiciary & the execution of the law. It is good that the judiciary is gradually being drawn into the Senate matters, especially as Senator Omo - Agege is a lawyer. Till date, I still believe what saved Ledun Mittee from Abacha hangman was because he is a lawyer.

Also, I said baba (PMB) is out of Abuja. To a discerned reader, that means a lot. At least, he will not be around to attend to an emergency meeting of NASS leadership & whatever happen s has nothing to do with the presidency. The Police (IGP) is around to enforce law (court judgement) & maintain law & order.

The fear of Police (IGP) alone having constitutional power to enforce law & maintain law & order is a great fear to Saraki & his supporters. This late hour change of their position to allow Senator Omo - Agege resume is after wide consultations with reactions on online media particularly Nairaland. They don't need any lawyer on Monday for a sitting of Tuesday in a chamber where the Deputy President is also a lawyer.
One Nairaland senior advocate of Nigeria ( NSAN) was arguing with me that Saraki has filled a stay of Execution hence Omo Agege will not be allowed to enter the senate.

2 Likes

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by wink2015(m): 9:21am On May 15, 2018
THIS IS A DIRTY SLAP TO THE FACE OF DR BUKOLA SARAKI, THE SENATE PRESIDENT.

Law don catch up with Saraki!

1 Like

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by 9jaArea: 9:25am On May 15, 2018
Omo show them pepper

1 Like

Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by yinnyme(m): 9:31am On May 15, 2018
Were ni won ma fin wo were. You cure madaness with madness. To Naija politicians gentility is stupidity. I heard Saraki et all saying "allow him, we need such a mad guy in our fold, that guy is too mad for my liking and besides he can set us up against the south south, please allow him"
Re: Omo-agege Will Be Allowed To Resume – Senate by ejimatic: 9:35am On May 15, 2018
Toothless senate---- Omo Agege has defeated Omo Ilorin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Rejects Sani Bello, Mamman As Chairman, Secretary Of APC CECPC / Wike: Atiku Warns Supporters Against Harmful Utterances / Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.