Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? (21794 Views)

Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video / Calabar's Monorail Shows A Glimpse Of Nigeria's Intracity Public Transit System / Morocco Gets Africa’s First Fastest Train Worth $2.5 Billion (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by Mac2016(m): 3:55pm On May 15, 2018
devindevin2000:

It's "can't" not cant...dummy!

What about the "ure"? Kindly correct other wrongs. You won!
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by johnmartus(m): 4:23pm On May 15, 2018
wink will you shut up your dirty mouth ameach is a ikwere .
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Funny enough, an Igbo man Ameachi initiated the project
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by devindevin2000: 4:38pm On May 15, 2018
Mac2016:

What about the "ure"? Kindly correct other wrongs. You won!

It's other "wrong" not wrongs Agbaya. Where did you go to school? Osun?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by laudate: 5:37pm On May 15, 2018
mapet:
I drove through Leventis - Outer Marina over the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at the pace of work. I used to accuse Ambode of being slow on the project, but when I discovered that the beams to carry the bridges are just coming out of water, I understood the amount of work and time needed to put those piles in water.

Currently They are laying the slabs that the rail tracks will rest upon from CMS end back to Ijora. I estimate they will complete this in 3 months. If they lay those tracks, by mid-next year the train should be ready to roll, bearing any time-lag estimated for testing.

They cannot complete it in the next 3 months. sad Don't let us kid ourselves. I drive through that route at least 3ce a week, and it has been like that for ages. The rail beams are too close to the existing bridge on Marina, and fears have been expressed that those beams could affect the underground foundation and supporting pillars of the existing bridge.

But they have turned deaf ears to it as usual. undecided I pray someone will correct this anomaly, before it is too late.
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by okwabayi(m): 5:41pm On May 15, 2018
devindevin2000:

Stay the fucccking off SS and SE affairs. Same hypocrite that will rejoice and rush enter IPOB threads when they are killed in Igwuocha. Pretending to care about our affairs.
If Nairaland is serious about making exclusive content then they should find out about the life of the man in the meme you posted.

Wetin concern me with government matter? All I know is elected officials only visit this forum to laugh at the stupidity of youths -- they give zero f-ucks about the recommendations posters here offer.

The monorail project to me at first seemed a waste but on realizing it connects waterlines to Sharks Stadium I support the project. It will make sitting in traffic under the hot sun or shuttling between two buses nonexistent.
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by mknigeriagreat: 6:57pm On May 15, 2018
devindevin2000:

It's other "wrong" not wrongs Abgaya. Where did you go to school? Osun?

You are wicked. Think about it, I'm from Osun. Be very careful man. grin grin angry grin cheesy
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by mapet: 9:56pm On May 15, 2018
laudate:

They cannot complete it in the next 3 months. sad Don't let us kid ourselves. I drive through that route at least 3ce a week, and it has been like that for ages. The rail beams are too close to the existing bridge on Marina, and fears have been expressed that those beams could affect the underground foundation and supporting pillars of the existing bridge.

But they have turned deaf ears to it as usual. undecided I pray someone will correct this anomaly, before it is too late.

Except you want to be too jumpy and fail to read my post very well, where did I say they will finish in 3 months?

Secondly, these fears that you "expressed" came from which technical assessment?
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by laudate: 10:23pm On May 15, 2018
mapet:
Except you want to be too jumpy and fail to read my post very well, where did I say they will finish in 3 months?

Secondly, these fears that you "expressed" came from which technical assessment?

Oh, you were not the one who made this comment, then?

mapet:
I drove through Leventis - Outer Marina over the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at the pace of work. I used to accuse Ambode of being slow on the project, but when I discovered that the beams to carry the bridges are just coming out of water, I understood the amount of work and time needed to put those piles in water.

Currently They are laying the slabs that the rail tracks will rest upon from CMS end back to Ijora. I estimate they will complete this in 3 months. If they lay those tracks, by mid-next year the train should be ready to roll, bearing any time-lag estimated for testing.
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by mapet: 5:10am On May 16, 2018
laudate:

Oh, you were not the one who made this comment, then?

Comprehension deficit. How does
They are laying slabs on which the rails will rest on and will complete THIS in 3months.
equate to project will complete in 3months.

And you conveniently ignored this
If they lay those tracks, by mid-next year the train should be ready to roll, bearing any time-lag estimated for testing.

I cannot help you beyond this
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by Mac2016(m): 8:21am On May 16, 2018
devindevin2000:

It's other "wrong" not wrongs Abgaya. Where did you go to school? Osun?
lol..i no even pass d front of school
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by otokx(m): 8:36am On May 16, 2018
The entire project should be put of for sale.
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by cooooooks(m): 8:26am On May 17, 2018
The project was brought by an ex governor who claimed he could bring people to finance more than half.

When they started to build, he disappeared.

RZArecta2:
Monorail that consultants warned against because of the prohibitive cost. Why do you think the original contractors ran away ? $400 million spent already on a 1.2km journey so far. Op, which state governor in Nigeria can afford such expenses right now ? Be honest with yourself. Remember this project is wholly financed by Rivers state govt, I laughed at day one during the oil boom era of last administration knowing it won't last forever and I'm still laughing now. As it stands now, UTC to Sharks stadium is 50 naira bus or taxi journey for those who don't want to trek/stroll it, I challenge anybody to prove me wrong, even if the train is operated now on this trekking distance, they can't run it on 50 naira per passenger so it's not even viable by any ramification right now. The only way out is if Amaechi will use federal might to take over the project since it's on Aba rd which is a federal road but we know that won't happen since the same Amaechi refused to touch Omagwa airport just to spite Wike. Op, make we leave turkey for pot abeg
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by laudate: 2:26pm On May 17, 2018
mapet:
Comprehension deficit. How does equate to project will complete in 3months.

And you conveniently ignored this

I cannot help you beyond this

You are the one who lacks adequate comprehension and understanding. sad Go back and read my post again. What exactly did I say would be completed in 3 months?
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by mapet: 11:37am On May 18, 2018
laudate:

You are the one who lacks adequate comprehension and understanding. sad Go back and read my post again. What exactly did I say would be completed in 3 months?

You will be "alright" grin
Re: Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? by laudate: 1:46pm On May 18, 2018
mapet:
Mapet, You will be "alright" grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK / Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations / Nigerian Woman Arrested By Indian Police, With Her 2 Children, Cries Out (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.